Runways, Rockers, and Celebrities in heels?

kneehighs

Hi Kneehighs,

Saw the pics in our UK Red Top - The Sun. That photographer made some money with that shot seeing as it will be reproduced around the world! Sadly MJ is not exactly the right sort of person we need to have wearing heels as it will reinforce the idea that men in heels are wacko!!

Still in the post prior to MJ, you asked about the Jitrios picture

Posted Image

So here it is ot the best of my ability. Now they are very thin heels. Yum.

TB2

Just looking at the latest collection from Jitrios for Men, many of the pics show the ultra long pointy toeboxes on the shoes. Hmmm not too sure, but it is a design queue being brought over from the female design side. Be interesting to see if that takes off.

TB2

Concerning MJ,

Here is the link to the article in the SUN newspaper.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/1,,2006470492,00.html

The wording certainly doesn't help the cause. Here's the words of the article written by the journalist for posterity.

Wacko Jacko in girlie clothes

By KATHRYN LISTER

October 12, 2006

ODDBALL Michael Jackson steps out, his surgery-ravaged face hidden under a huge floppy hat.

The blue titfer topped a bizarre outfit, with the pop weirdo wearing what looked like a woman’s ruffled blouse and STILETTOS and carrying a large orange bag.

Onlookers said his once stick-thin frame had developed feminine curves — and that they mistook the one-time heart-throb for a WOMAN.

One passer-by in the French resort of St Tropez said: “His physique has completely changed. He was wearing tight jeans and had a curvy bottom and thighs.”

An unknown youngster — believed to be a girl — walked with him, holding the lead of a brown spaniel.

The onlooker added: “I noticed them as the ‘woman’ had an enormous Audrey Hepburn-type hat, then saw the kid was dressed similarly and thought it was a mum-daughter thing. They sat down and I nearly froze as I saw ‘her’ face and twigged not only was it a ‘him’ but it was Michael Jackson.</I>

“I’ve no idea who the child was but I didn’t feel comfortable seeing them together in almost identical clothes.”

Wacko Jacko, 47, is known for strange outfits and wore a series of them during last year’s court proceedings which ended with him being cleared of child abuse.

Afterwards Jackson, who has three children, moved to the Middle East. But he is said to have fallen out with his pal there, a Bahrainian prince, and has been living in Ireland.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Thighboots2 Thanks for that enlarged pic of the Jitrois ad! :evil:

I agree with you that the Michael Jackson pic does nothing for advancing our community interest. Wacko Jacko indeed.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Thighboots2 Thanks for that enlarged pic of the Jitrois ad! :evil:

Yeah, I also TY. As a big fan of dressy outfits (especially made of leather) I was stunned by this pic when it appeared here earlier (but in a much smaller size). I must say it's great that JCJ3 reintroduced leather pants for men this fall, as the last year (F/W 2005/06) was dull like heck- just jeans, that IMHO don't go well with that beautiful crocodile skin coat. Although I surely won't afford Jitrois any soon, I love the looks.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

It's The Sun go figure! I wouldn't take that paper too seriously. It's written in your mates down the pub language. Also, maybe Jacko was wearing feminine clothes because he didn't want to be spotted - bit of an irony there. Anyway it's only "weird" becuase Jacko was wearing it, not the clothes themselves. If he was wearing normal mens clothes they'd find something weird about him as well.

• Like 1

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

The only femininity with my wearing heels is a bit of hip swagger, and that's due to the fact that it's a more efficient way of walking in heels that the normally masculine stomp. Even so, I minimize it, and 99% of the time, no one knows I'm wearing heels unless I pull up my pants leg and call attention to it.

...maybe Jacko was wearing feminine clothes because he didn't want to be spotted - bit of an irony there.

I thought of the same thing when I re-read this thread a few minutes ago.

Anyway it's only "weird" becuase Jacko was wearing it, not the clothes themselves.

Agreed. I've seen other men wearing nearly identical clothes, and with heels. Never saw any reporters hanging around, and I certainly didn't read about it in the paper the next morning.

If he was wearing normal mens clothes they'd find something weird about him as well.

Such as the fact that a poor child of one race can grow up to be a rich woman of another? Or the fact that he's had so much plastic surgery he no longer has a complete nose?

Sorry for the redundancy guys. I'm just trying to get all the pics under one roof for easy future referencing. We've had most of these pics on the forum before, but never consolidated into one thread.

Thanks for the following pics heelius

Posted Image

Kneehighs - please keep the pic above in your photobucket album. It's now linked to on Wikipedia's article on Heels.

With some much stronger references and links to pics depicting what I've been talking about, the editors have been giving me much less grief than before. Also, I think it's sunk in a bit that "yeah, men wearing heels and skirts is for real."

• 2 weeks later...

Kneehighs - please keep the pic above in your photobucket album. It's now linked to on Wikipedia's article on Heels.

Such treasured pics will always be in my photobucket account.

As soon as time permits, I'll be uploading many of these pics to The Gallery section here as well. In effect, creating two databases of information, in case one ever "breaks down."

Now, I'm off to the Heel Meet. Thank God its stopped raining (for the moment).

Such treasured pics will always be in my photobucket account.

As soon as time permits, I'll be uploading many of these pics to The Gallery section here as well. In effect, creating two databases of information, in case one ever "breaks down."

Now, I'm off to the Heel Meet. Thank God its stopped raining (for the moment).

Perfect! Please let me know if you need any help.

Enjoy the heel meet!

God, if this weren't the week for inspections, I'd BE THERE!!!!! ARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Taking my medication.....

Just kidding and having a glass of wine...

• 2 weeks later...

Just including as many new references to Rui Leonardes as I can:

http://www.iconique.com/flash/fashionnews_archives.php?id=A20060826

http://www.iconique.com/flash/fashionnews_comments.php?id=A1123_0_26_0_C

Posted Image

Rui Leonardes left Portugal, at the age of 17 to study a BA in Mens and Womenswear at the Gerrit Rietveld Academie in Amsterdam where he graduated but left for Paris to work for Nina Ricci Homme and then for Jose Levy, under the wing of Hedi Slimane who was then the head designer of the label. Through the experience, Rui decided to further develop his education in fashion, arriving in London to study Footwear and Design Technology at Cordwainers. He went on to complete an MA in Menswear and Footwear at the Royal College of Art where his graduation collection received much press attention, known especially for his feminised footwear for men.

Such was his popularity that he was invited to participate in the “It’s Three” Manolo Blahnik awards in Italy, the Future of Menswear Exhibition in the V&A and receiving commissions to make outfits for the Scissors Sisters and numerous other underground bands. With such an excellent reception, Rui launched the self-titled label in September 2005 and in February 2006, he was invited by On|Off to exhibit at London Fashion Week.

Rui reckons himself as a designer of contradiction, blurring the boundaries of rational and chaos, peace and mayhem, masculine and femininity. Clothes play the medium for him to project his provocation to the audience. His designs reek rebellion and aggravation. Contradictions are rampant in his unconventional tailoring methods, usage of fabrics and his adaptation of male/female features in garments like the tight fitted leather trousers with a skewed and chunky exposed zipper fly that looks severely butch but with attached heels at the hem of the garment makes it oddly elegant. Traditional tweed fabric constructed like tuxedo trousers give a masculine silhouette at the pelvis only to be cut off and matched instead with sweatshirting fabric so that it ruches and tapers. The collection also features his renowned bespoke hand crafted men’s shoes where black patent leather winkle pickers and sharp toe boots are finished with spiked heels.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Another find on Rui Leonardes, courtesy of Thighboots2:

http://www.kctv.co.uk/happening_show_article.php?article=603

Posted Image

September 13, 2005

RUI LEONARDES PART 2

by K A B I R

Hot new designer Rui Leonardes, has such a buzz surrounding him right now, and it is not just hype he has all the goods to produce as well.

Where musicians go others follow. Just look at these 2 stunning numbers here sported by producer Jim Warboy and Stik (formerly of Synthetic Pleasures). It's not just underground musical artists that are fighting for Rui's clothes either. He will be clothing Jake Shears and Del Marquis of the Scissor Sisters for their upcoming world tour and Billie Ray Martin for her new project out soon.

Check out Billie's club Komputerliebe for a showcase of Rui's collection Offend!

Komputerliebe, Wednesday 28th September,

43 South Molton Street.

Club night runs from 10- 2 the show will be during.

Photos courtesy of Rui Leonardes

Another article provided by the same site that Thighboots2 directed us to:

http:www.kctv.co.uk/happening_show_article.php?article=915

Posted Image

February 19, 2006

RUI LEONARDES: M.O.D. A/W 2006

by Princess Julia

‘Make your Own Mind Up’

One of the treats of the On/Off fashion experience, the launch of Leonardes’ menswear collection. Now here’s a man with a modern aesthetic. Just look at these ‘hot’ leather pants with the boot attached. His style is fast gaining acclaim from the serious fashionista to the rock scene alike - he has designed clothing for the Scissor Sisters and graced the cover of Flux magazine. With such a diverse reputation already under his belt, Rui is set to become a designer of note.

More on Rui Leonardes from KABIR. This is part One of a two part series from Kabir.

http://www.kctv.co.uk/happening_show_article.php?article=602

Posted Image

September 13, 2005

RUI LEONARDES PART 1

by K A B I R

Well this recent graduate has come a long way since he was first mentioned here on KCTV (http://www.kctv.co.uk/happening_show_article.php?article=492).

Rui's collections of footwear-clothes, cross the defining border of garment and accessory, all-in-ones that encase even your arms, can also be worn as baggy trousers on braces; everything has a heel incorporated; be it an all in one or a pair of trousers. His work is unisex, on the current cover of FLUX magazine, out now, the model looks like she has been all spun up by a spider. Mario Testino has been showing great interest in him .

Rui will be showing his collection Offend! @ Komputerliebe, Wednesday 28th September,

43 South Molton Street.

Club night runs from 10- 2 the show will be during.

Photos courtesy of Rui Leonardes

More on Rui Leonardes, way back from June 2005:

http://www.kctv.co.uk/happening_show_article.php?article=492

Posted Image

June 17, 2005

Lads Dig Their Heels In

by Warboy

Rui Leonardes, the rising star in footwear, revealed his collection of high heels for men at the Royal College of Art MA Fashion Graduate show.

The stilettos resembled a refined cowboy boot with a bit more height and looked stunning as the models strode down the catwalk to the sound of Lippy Lou singing Offend Offend Offend. They were constructed from leather, tweed, denim, wool, and nylon. There is no doubt that these shoes are made for the lads – a definite departure from tranny heels.

Leonardes’ show was an inspiring breath of fresh air in what was largely a very safe college show. This is exactly what London needs at the student shows – collections that are challenging and inventive. Look out for this graduate as he steps forward to put the boot into fashion.

Hiya Kneehighs Tell me what galleries you want in the "Gallery" section of the website and I shall create them for you to put all the pictures into the right places. Would you like a gallery for each individual celebrity and a "Misc" one for male models etc or some other config? There doesnt have to be a limit on the amount of galleries and it might help keep all the images in 1 place so that they dont end up at the bottom of a pile of threads one day...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I completely agree with Sandalcrazy27. I might also add that runway models are not you everyday male just like the female runway models are not your everyday females. This site seems to be leaning more and more everyday towards CD'S TV'S and homosexuals instead of what it was meant for, Men wearing highheels.

t-straps are my favorite style.

This site seems to be leaning more and more everyday towards CD'S TV'S and homosexuals instead of what it was meant for, Men wearing highheels.

Actually, this website is a high heels website for everybody.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I have to agree with Admin. I've seen lots of people on this site. Men, Wemen, CD's and TV's. Homesexual and Heterosexual. It is just a fourm to talk about our love of heels and wearing them and exhange ideas and opinions and stuff as long as it is kept clean. I do agree that most of these models posted aren't your everyday guy. But thats not really the point I think. Overall I'm just happy to see that someone in the fashion industry is taking a step outside of the box and trying to make heels for men. Not saying it will catch on. But its just a good thing to see if your a guy who likes to wear heels.

It's all good. ~Arron.

More on Rui Leonardes from KABIR. This is part One of a two part series from Kabir.

http://www.kctv.co.uk/happening_show_article.php?article=602

Well, Kneehighs, from this I'm wondering if this guy is going to help us or hurt us simply to make a name for himself. What the heck is up with the bare-chested lads with bunny ears?

What the heck does this have to do with the styles chosen by most of us who street-heel? It's appearing like he's overcrossing the line must line Jean Paul Gaultier did just to garner attention.

Here's an idea - be normal. Find out what the men really want and simply give it to them.

Well, I'm trying to do that through my $100 survey. I've mixed feelings about it being resurrected, but I'm willing to honor my initial promise, as I think it's worth it.

What do you mean "what the men REALLY want"? Somebody will want everything you can imagine, from manly boots to stripper heels! I think you mean what will sell in a regular shoe or department store?

I would like to thank Kneehighs for the fabulous articles and photos of the work of Rui leonardes. I think it is great to see how a designer's work let people think about heels for men and perhaps in the next step lead to more acceptance of high heels for men. At least it let people think about it and that is allways the first step. I like the design very much and would like very much to be owner of a pair of boots with heels designed by Rui. Who knows maybe in the future?

The funny thing is, JPG put men in skirts in the 1980s then other designers followed suit until eventually you could buy them in Topman. It will be the same with heels, RL is the new JPG...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

What do you mean "what the men REALLY want"? Somebody will want everything you can imagine, from manly boots to stripper heels! I think you mean what will sell in a regular shoe or department store?

Preferences are varied, and some are much stronger than others. Most men who wear heels want manly boots - they just like the heels. The comments here would lead you to believe otherwise, but the most prolific posters here like the more feminine heels.

When one subtracts the volume of posts from the types of heels desired, preferences for heels for men revert to masculine-looking heels.

Statistics do not lie, neither do I!

Preferences are varied, and some are much stronger than others. Most men who wear heels want manly boots - they just like the heels. The comments here would lead you to believe otherwise, but the most prolific posters here like the more feminine heels.

When one subtracts the volume of posts from the types of heels desired, preferences for heels for men revert to masculine-looking heels.

Which statistics? I don't know any reliable statistics on male heels wearing. I dare to claim the opposite: most men who wear heels are keen on real high heels like the girls! Many thousands of daily ebay auctions are confirming me. Manly block heels are often only wanted for a shy street heeling because the big majority of guys would never dare to wear feminine styles on the street. But they all have stiletto boots rsp. pumps in their (secrete) closet. Like you and me :rocker:

micha (*never trusting in any statistics which i hadn't falsified myself*)

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I'm wondering what the penultumate paragraph means. It sounds authoritative but how can you subtract the volume of posts from the types of heels desired?

Who's said you're lying? Calling a couple of interenet polls statistics is stretching the point though! And of course you're filtering it all through your view of the world. Since you can't admit that you're wearing womens clothing you have to rely on the historical argument that heels and skirts are mens garments. Fine, that's your view, but you've got to recognise that there are loads of people on the forum who don't accept what you believe, and don't accept the underlying biblical basis of your beliefs.

This is going off the topic, but it just had to be answered. Some of the Rui Leonardes designs kneehighs has shown here are stunning. You may not like them, and I agree that micky mouse ears are quirky, but they are innovative and present an image that hangs together convincingly.

Which statistics? I don't know any reliable statistics on male heels wearing.

It's the informal polls I've conducted from those who sell women's shoes. Their comments consistently underscore the fact that most men who buy woman's heels want more masculine styles. They like the heels themselves, not the femininity associated with heels.

If Harley Davidson would increase their hh boot sizes to 14, they'd double their sales.

Which statistics? I don't know any reliable statistics on male heels wearing.

It's the informal polls I've conducted from those who sell women's shoes. Their comments consistently underscore the fact that most men who buy woman's heels want more masculine styles. They like the heels themselves, not the femininity associated with heels.

You can't call that statistics. You can sig test it, talk about standard deviations confidence intervals and all that kind of stuff that makes it sound authoritative and credible, but it ain't statistics! It's the result of conversations, in which you've heard what you want to hear.

• 2 months later...

Stefano Gabbana

Apparently, the designers Dolce and Gabbana were upset that W Magazine did a spread on Tom Ford that included a photo of Tom Ford in the nude. So after two years of waiting, they finally got the spotlight they were looking for.

W Magazine, January 2007

photographed by Steven Klein

styled by Patti Wilson

Posted Image

I still say the "androgny" talk helps to keep male heeling under the influence of the trans crowd and their allies. As for styles, I like boots and oxfords with heels. I do like those courts that David Johansen wore in the Dolls, he made them look tough.

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

• 2 weeks later...

Paris: Fall 2007 Comme des Garcons

On January 27, 2007 in Paris, Comme des Garcons featured a runway model in heels. According to style.com's excerpt, "Sebastian Horsley pranced down the catwalk in platform boots to the strains of T.Rex’s “Dandy in the Underworld,” the title of which accurately defined the cutaway Edwardiana of his look."

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...