How shall men walk in heels?

HHfanatic

There are many video`s how females shall walk in heels to have the correct body movement etc. And to see a woman that can really walk in heels, is quite a view. If I see a man walking in heels the same way, I would guess I would think he might be a gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I feel it will be very wrong for me. So what about men in heels? How shall we walk and how do you walk?

Somewhere between the extremes.

Don't waddle with your toes pointed, but excessive sashaying isn't necessary.

It may serve well to record yourself walking in a straight line, noticing if your movements appear graceful yet not feminine, then adjusting your walk accordingly if needed.

Outside of my very first few steps in heels, I've actually had more of a problem with sashaying than with pointing my toes/clomping about.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

My size contradicts how I walk in heels. I sway my hips, sometimes more than a straight guy "should", keeping my shoulders fairly straight with good posture, but it feels natural. And, it helps me walk gracefully. I guess one walks best in heels like a "women" does.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

i think my walk is definitely more feminine than normal... but i also think that it's natural to walk like that in the higher heels..... it actually looks awkward if my walk wasn't feminine (or if i tried to tone it down).... although it looks odd that i'm walking feminine as well (for different reasons).... :o

how do you walk?

I noticed that placing each foot (almost) in front of the other (opposed to a wide zig-zag pattern) and kicking (ever so slightly!) your foot forward just before putting it down "feels" natural, although a bit feminine too.

Swaying hips isn't something for men, I'd say.

Oh, and for God's sake keep you toes pointed forward. Toes pointed outward screams Neanderthal (imho).

I'm with Daniel: graceful yet not overly feminine.

I would say you can "try" to adapt different "walks" to your heeling, but at the end of the day, won't any change you make look like you're walking in a "forced" manner? I do sway my hips some, but don't try to. I do walk with one foot nearly in front of the other, but don't try to. If I "tried" to walk differently, my walk would look "staged", and I think that's the worst way to walk...IMO only, of course.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Johnieheel has it right in the video.:o just be yourself. I bet he walks the same way in men's shoes or 3" heels. I've watched myself walk in 4" heels much the same way. Damage to my left foot keeps me out of my 5" and above. Thanks for the video Johnieheel.

t-straps are my favorite style.

My wife tells me that above 3" my walk alters, yet I feel no difference in my walk. I suppose for my foot this is the point at which the stride shortens and the old hips do their thing.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I guess it's going to depend on what you wear as to how it affects your gait, male or female. As for looking masculine whilst walking in heels, Johnieheels gave a masterclass in that short clip. If the heels were covered you wouldn't know he wore them as you watch him walk.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Just to note. Even in low heeled men's shoes I have several "walks". I have a general trend to slightly underpronate (keep the weight to the outer side of my foot at you roll your foot forward and push off). The aggressive "gotta get there" stride - with an extended stride and more pronounced heel strike, the meandering or "shopping" stroll and a regular paced walk - like going to and from the car or places at work. I notice that in all of these strides I just about place on foot in front of the other.... maybe only a 1 inch "stagger". In my 5" heels - I pretty much have the same stride - to me its a little more comfortable to use the "meandering" pace - with a shorter stride and a one foot in front of the other walk. Hips are non-gyrating just as in non-heels. I don't think it has a hint of a feminine look to it. A more aggressive stride -throwing my feet more forward gives me a little more hip sway, not quite a "crossover" step but almost. I even tried a bit of the feminine walk - this was easily duplicated by arm swing position - hands moved a little more outward from the body... as if to clear hips that are not there... viola! then you get the crossover step (at least an couple inches) and the feminine walk! Not uncomfortable - but surely different and you have to really pay attention not to get too much heel in toe out on the stride. It was fun to try all this at lunch today, walking toward a reflective store front window...

How shall men walk in heels? A little taller :o . . . To be a little less flippant, since women's hips tend to be wider, the hip sway is probably more pronounced in women. Most of the rest of the physiology is pretty much the same, just generally more "beefy" in men. I remember one thread around here where a guy was told he "walks like a woman" when he wore his heels. This was from a female observer and was more in the vein of an observation than a swipe at him. The poster observed that he "walked like a person in heels" while wearing heels (logical). Further, to most people "walking like a person in heels" and "walking like a woman" are synonymous because so few have any experience with a man wearing heels.

Have a happy time!

I've never actually thought about how I walk. When I'm wearing my heels I just walk, and how ever it turns out so be it. I mean I'm not clumsy walking but I haven't really checked or studied how I walk.

I guess like a woman. I walk with very short steps mincing my way ahead. Swaying my hip, walking in a very feminene way. Not only do I walk in femenine way. I sit and stand the way women do. Being dressed in a skirt there is no other way for me to do. My skirts all ending a few inches above my knees, I love being in a short skirt, a tight skirt. Therefore its not just my heels I have to think of, how I walk in them. I also have to think of how I am sitting wearing high heels and skirt. I have to take care how I am sitting wearing a skirt and high heels too.

Why do you just dress as a woman from the waste down? Wouldn't it be just as easy to dress completely as a woman?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

If you just try to walk as normal as possible, it's least likely that anyone will notice your heels, provided they are well hidden under long pants or jeans. I realize though that there are many of you guys here who openly show their heels. Then, depending on the statement you guys want to make, walking feminine may be the right thing; but it definitely doesn't do it for me.

IMHO I think it's normal that a guy in heel walks "like a woman" When we say "like a woman", we are thinking "like a woman in high heels" How many girl in no-heels shoes walk like a Man?? The most...

I would say whatever suits the image... if you are going more feminine then a graceful feminine walk is needed, a chunkier larger stride walk would not suit finer tailored trousers or skirts with heels, especially stiletto heels as these are the realm of very feminine attire. Having worn heels for 4-5 years openly, and a good year now with skirts as well (but as a man - now that sounds like a contradiction!) I speak from experience when I say that the higher your heels get the more you have to use your hips to walk fluidly. If I want to walk quickly in high heels then I will lead with each hip as that foot goes forward because it gives each step that little extra distance and ensures I keep my knees straight and ensures I don't turn my toes inward. Inward turned toes are a sign of the wearer of heels that are too high for them to manage. You should try it - take a step with your toes turned in vs turned out and you will see you can stride longer with your toes inwards (while keeping straight knees). I deliberately don't cross my feet over but keep them in an imaginery straight line when walking so I don't go into a "catwalk model strut" - but there definitely is a pronounced sashay of my hips. I always push my shoulders back and make sure my weight is back on my heels and not on my toes. I keep my shoulders still as I walk and let my torso/ hips do the work. You can push your arms more across your body as you walk - rather then forwards and backwards like a guy generally does as this stabalises you hip movements. I don't think it is a noticeable on a guy as a girl because we guys don't have the wide hips - therefore it is much less pronounced. I am quite happy to have some element of a feminine walk because when I wear heels they are always stiletto heels, very high and very pretty. The walk suits the shoes and accessories. As with anything you can dial-up whatever you feel like. There is no reason whay a guy couldn't strut it right out, it is easy to do - but it draws the wrong kind of attention in my opinion. The whole image needs to piece together in some form. See ya Heel-Lover

Just found this here:

"The perils of walking in high heels for men are similar to that of women, except that while women wear heels purposely for the effect of having their butt sway in a sexy way from side to side, a man must try to stop the butt sway that occurs when perched on high heels at all costs. Looking taller is manly, but tip-toeing and sashaying back and forth is not. Any man who attempts to increase his height with highheels must study Tom Cruse and his method of walking very carefully, with full knowledge of the dangers inherent in being caught wearing high heels."

Full story at:

http://www.helium.com/items/136658-crash-course-in-walking-on-high-heels

I never found walking in heels challenging, it was actually much like second nature to me. (My girlfriend's jaws dropped and started questioning me when she first saw me walk in them - she bought my first heels for me) But here is one thing to keep in mind, apparently my walk was always very feminine ever since I started walking:silly:; I tend to sway my hips quite a bit and keep my feet right in front of each other

breaking social norms is a hobby of mine

So what about men in heels? How shall we walk?

From what I've seen I think you're supposed to bend your knees and sort of shuffle with your feet apart while letting your ankles wobble a bit.