Which Heel Would You Wear?

dr1819

Which heel would you wear, and why?  

564 members have voted

1. 1. Which heel would you wear, and why?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would wear the cuban but only because it's a timeless classic that goes with the general design of the boot.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I voted for the stiletto, becuase there's little challenge in publicly pulling off the other heel versions, IMHO.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

dr1819

Good question to pose.

I voted for the Cuban heel as this heel style is widely accepted. Of course, I would like to see a 3"+ Heel, but Cubans give a nice blend of shape and style, whilst being accepted as wearable by either sex.

A good example would be from Pennangalan Dreams

Posted Image

The weblink is http://www.pennangalan.co.uk/boots/FW245.php

According to the blurb, these have a 7cm lift. Again a nice height to get the feeling of the lift, yet not too high for general daily wear. It is exactly this sort of style that could so easily become mainstream for men.

I expect to put these into my collection this year.

Whilst I did vote for the Cuban, of course the Stiletto comes home second, I just love them, as do we all.

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Interesting shoe! And they're indeed designed for a man, as every other shoe on the sight with a heel that's higher than 1/2" stops around F9 (I assume that means Female, too).

Indeed they are interesting. Similar to the offerings from http://www.beatwear.co.uk except the heel is higher :D

I emailed them about the boot and they recommend ordering a whole size up ie 11 for 10 as the boot does run on the small side.

You can wear this boot with jeans with the whole heel showing and all you will get is compliments.

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Hello all, This really is not a fair poll for me as I would wear either the original OR the stiletto, depending on outfit and/or occasion. I like them both!! Happy Heeling!!

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for the stiletto. I really like the feeling of it underfoot as well as they are very light weight. I also like the fact that the impact point of the stiletto is directly under you heel rather than behind it, which for me makes for easier and more natural walking.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I was looking back over the picks, and I realized it would be nice if someone offered an extended height cuban/riding heel of say, 3 or 4 inches. I'm quite sure if they made the base large enough, but kept the general angles, and marketed specifically to men, that many men would buy them without a second thought.

I would prefer a somewhat exaggerated version of the shape that was popular in ~1966-67 among teenage boys in America--the front looks like the Cuban heel, the back looks like a cross between the Cuban and the stilletto, e.g. with a severe slant curving into a near vertical slant near the bottom. Amounting to about an inch and a quarter squared of actual horizontal contact surface with the ground. If this makes sense.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 2 years later...