Stiletto boots walk

AlexC94

Earlier this week I went for a walk in my 6 inch stiletto heel boots (yes, they did hurt my feet but blame the ground I walked on) and it was happily uneventful. No stares or anything like that. I just walked and aside from having to sit down a few times it was very nice to hear my heels click along.

IMG_20240124_014611_(225_x_500_pixel).jpg

I have a video of walking in the boots on ground that didn't bite into the soles of my feet.

• Like 6

Six inch heels are pretty darn high. I’ve never worn anything nearly that high - 12cm, or about four and three quarters inches is as high as I’ve ever worn. Well done for being able to walk in them.

• Like 1

I do have a handful of 6" no platform, but its been a while since I strolled in them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, here was prob the best oneimage.thumb.jpg.718aec5e7bae52e2308f86f7bc7713d5.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.340a265d117b88db846ad652a73c3781.jpg5F8797CB-6CCD-4CDF-8895-380E75B3D819.thumb.jpeg.34ddb5783677229e25ecfd3f64a00f95.jpeg

• Like 5

For years I normally wore pumps and boots with 5 inch heels.  A couple of years before my wife died I bought a couple pairs of pumps with 6 inch heels from 6inForever, which took some practice before I could wear them comfortably.  My wife thought I was crazy wanting shoes with heels that high.  While it took some practice getting used to themi, I wore them quite often to restaurants and other places where I didn’t have to stand very long.  The extra inch in height required paying more attention to foot placement while walking and walking any distance was tiring.  Shortly after buying the shoes with 6 inch heels I found a pair of black patent pumps from Little Shoe Box with 7 inch heels which I had to have.  Wearing them was a real challenge.  First of all, just putting them on required bending my foot to a  position that was almost painful.  I didn’t know that I could bend them that much.  Learning to put them on, learning to stand upright without bending my knees and learning to walk while wearing them took months.  Eventually, with a lot of practice I was able to wear them out to a restaurant.  While me and my 5” heels were normal and comfortable, wearing the higher heels was was work and I never became comfortable while wearing them.

These days, being a lot older, I seldom wear heels more than 4” high out of the house- opting for comfort more than style.  I still have my higher heels and wear my 5” heels around the house occasionally but only take the 6” and 7” heels out of the closet to reminisce about the good old days.

• Like 3

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I like the elegance and lines of five-inch (12cm) stilettos but higher than that and, to me, they lose something; start looking scrunched, t0oo much about the heel itself rather than the overall visual effect the heel can produce on the rest of the boot. For me - aesthetically speaking - four to five inches is the sweet spot. 

• Like 2

I don't find it beautiful, sorry. The foot curve that makes high heels appealing to me gets strange with a too high of a heel.

If it's your cup of tea, go for it, do what you feel good doing. It's always rewarding and I feel your feelings.

Anyway, I had worn 5 inch stiletto pumps on the street once. It was too challenging for me because of the uneven pavement, made me tip and the shoe even got out of my feet once. Nobody got a second glimpse, the problem was only in my head and it got away. I had a fire crazy night out that day.

We all need to experiment to feel alive, kudos man !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Congratulations @AlexC94. I can't walk in such shoes. My limit is about 4 1/2". I have several that are higher, but I just haven't gotten around to spending the time and effort to get them to the place where I would be willing to be seen. Even the 4 1/2s I won't wear unless I'm in really good practice. Which has not been this month, due to a combination of illness and bad weather.

Speaking of 6 inch, that's getting up to the height where foot size has an absolutely huge impact on foot angle. In my case, I think it's not physically possible to have a heel higher than 6 inches without some sort of a cheat. Certainly going to a 7 inch heel would require a larger foot than mine.

I have always been a little bit curious about some of the Pleaser/Devious shoes, particularly the oxfords. They are advertised as having 6 inch heels, but just looking at them, I'm saying "no way." Not in my size, anyway. I almost want to buy a pair just to put a tape measure to it.

20 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I like the elegance and lines of five-inch (12cm) stilettos but higher than that and, to me, they lose something; start looking scrunched, t0oo much about the heel itself rather than the overall visual effect the heel can produce on the rest of the boot. For me - aesthetically speaking - four to five inches is the sweet spot. 

Shortly after I began exploring high heels online, I discovered Jenny’s website where I found a picture of a black patent pump with the highest heels I ever saw.  In the picture, the heel was piercing a pool ball.  It was the most beautiful high heel shoe ever.  

Discussing the picture with others in the chat room, I Learned of a place called “The Little Shoe Box” in England that made shoes like those.  I found their website and catalog on line and saw that I could buy a pair of black patent pumps with 7” heels exactly like the ones in the picture.  They were expensive but my desire to have a pair overcame my hesitation to spend that much money on a pair of women’s shoes that I would never wear out.  They are handmade and the most beautiful, highest quality pair of heels I ever bought.  

The Little Shoe Box website went silent shortly after I purchased my shoes.  People living in London that were familiar with this place told me that they had gone out of business.  They even knew the persons name.  What a shame that his craftsmanship would no longer be available.

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Many years ago I visited The Little Shoe Box. It was only about 5 miles (London miles - they're rather long due to city traffic) from where I live. I tried on a pair of 5" heel boots. I'm petty sure I was served by the owner. I regret that I never actually bought anything from them.

• Sad 1

I’ve heard of them too and seen images of some of their boots. I really liked them. It’s a bit that quality craftsmen often can’t get the trade necessary to keep their businesses viable. People see the price tags then kid themselves into believing that a cheaper thing that superficially resembles the beautifully made one will be just as good 

I have several pairs of TLSB brand!   I bought them in ebay over the years.  Some f from a seller named “Bobandangie”.  Great people!   Thee boots are def incredible.  This is a pair image.thumb.jpeg.8574e77cf47a475bd9102a148b71b52a.jpeg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CAT said:

I have several pairs of TLSB brand!   I bought them in ebay over the years.  Some f from a seller named “Bobandangie”.  Great people!   Thee boots are def incredible.  This is a pair image.thumb.jpeg.8574e77cf47a475bd9102a148b71b52a.jpeg

I remember seeing that pair of boots in their catalog.  If I am not mistaken, BobandAngie used to be members here but I don’t know when the last time they logged into this site.

9 hours ago, CAT said:

I like those boots a lot! 

22 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Shortly after I began exploring high heels online, I discovered Jenny’s website where I found a picture of a black patent pump with the highest heels I ever saw.  In the picture, the heel was piercing a pool ball.  It was the most beautiful high heel shoe ever.  

Discussing the picture with others in the chat room, I Learned of a place called “The Little Shoe Box” in England that made shoes like those.  I found their website and catalog on line and saw that I could buy a pair of black patent pumps with 7” heels exactly like the ones in the picture.  They were expensive but my desire to have a pair overcame my hesitation to spend that much money on a pair of women’s shoes that I would never wear out.  They are handmade and the most beautiful, highest quality pair of heels I ever bought.  

The Little Shoe Box website went silent shortly after I purchased my shoes.  People living in London that were familiar with this place told me that they had gone out of business.  They even knew the persons name.  What a shame that his craftsmanship would no longer be available.

I remember that picture! I too, was quite impressed. Of course, this was before I became an actual wearer, and I was living my high heel life vicariously through my ex-wife, and Jenny's website. I would say that I was wasting my time wishing things were different, but I can't go back. Besides, it just wasn't my time yet.

18 hours ago, CAT said:

The whole outfit is gorgeous.

Boots and long coat are my favourite style.

And I think you're nailing it 

Thanks for sharing.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I recall that TLSB made shoes for other outlets too, notably 'Cover Girl' (now also defunct, following the death of the proprietor), not far away in Islington.   I bought a pair of sandals with 5" stiletto heels from CG in 1972; I think they cost about £10!   Well-made in leather to my measurements, they were not as easy to walk in as I would have wished and were never worn outside the house.    Now something of a collectors' item, I sold them a few years ago and I expect they are being worn and enjoyed somewhere - I hope so.   CG regularly advertised shoes with 6" heels, for which there appeared to be a steady demand.