Seen out and About

Shyheels

Not to change the subject but at 08:45, a few minutes ago, there were 325 visitors listed as browsing this site.  Looking at the “activity” section, I found only one person has posted a comment since 11 P.M. last night.  What a shame! So much interest and so little comment.  

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I live in a small town, but we have many banks and credit unions around town, each with multiple locations. I bank with 3 different insitutions. At one the women are in heels, precovid they would complare them to mine. At another bank the women are in tennis shoes and everybody is dressed very casual.

Last week I was exiting a building that houses my dentist at the same time as a women dressed with 4+ inch stilettos. Didn't have time to compliment her on her heels though.

A couple of days ago, I was preparing to make some bangers and potatoes with Guinness stout as an ingredient in the recipe. As the last minute, it became evident that earlier in the week, I must have drunk all of the Guinness. Oops. A quick run to the grocery store was necessary. While I was there, in my Bebe wooden heeled sandals, I spied a woman wearing some giant wedges. And by giant, I mean probably 5 1/2" heel, 2" platform. They were cork, and the single wide strap was made of clear PVC. She wore them with ripped skinny jeans and a denim jacket. I was in a hell of a hurry, so more than that I cannot tell. Even though I never saw her face, I did not guess her to be a very young woman.

• Like 1

mlroseplant,

Just transited the Des Moines area this past week so I wonder if that was me???? Sounds exactly like many wedges I do have and you saw me in a typical pair a few years back. Always nice to see a pair like that as a surprise since there are so many boring and ultra casual styles out there. She obviously is embracing warmer weather. HinH

• Like 1

On 5/12/2024 at 6:34 AM, mlroseplant said:

A couple of days ago, I was preparing to make some bangers and potatoes with Guinness stout as an ingredient in the recipe. As the last minute, it became evident that earlier in the week, I must have drunk all of the Guinness. Oops. A quick run to the grocery store was necessary. While I was there, in my Bebe wooden heeled sandals, I spied a woman wearing some giant wedges. And by giant, I mean probably 5 1/2" heel, 2" platform. They were cork, and the single wide strap was made of clear PVC. She wore them with ripped skinny jeans and a denim jacket. I was in a hell of a hurry, so more than that I cannot tell. Even though I never saw her face, I did not guess her to be a very young woman.

I have a pair of shoes just like the gal you saw out in your shopping trip. Only mine are pink in color with a 5" heel and 2" platform. They are definitely a summertime sandal to wear and I'm comfortable wearing them out with capri leggings, bike shorts or a short skirt.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

As a representative for a group, I have been attending (many) meetings in the downtown business district. Been seeing alot more tall stilletos.

• Like 1

Over here banks used to be everywhere, even the smallest village had a bank office. Now they're all gone. Like I said, I live in the 8th biggest city of the Netherlands, there's just 1 small one office left of my bank. There were  4 or 5 offices 20 years ago with 1 giant regional headoffice, then we went to just that 1 regional headoffice somewhere in the 00's, and they downsized even that one a few years ago. Now there's only 3 offices of that bank left in the entire province. Everything is done online. I reckon only digitally illiterate seniors still go to a bank. Or people who need a big loan or mortgage.

My late grandmother was digitally illiterate and she lived in a tiny hamlet till not that long ago. And having to adjust her regular payments was a major logistical exercise finding the people who could take her to a bank office halfway across the province she lived in..

Using the internet online banking feature available at my credit union has greatly reduced the number of visits I personally make each month.  I especially like using my debit card for purchases and reviewing my transactions and account balances whenever I need to is very convenient.  

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Posted (edited)

There are so maany banks and credit unions around here. There is one block nearby with 5 insitutions. But I live in one of the most expensive places in the world.

Now back on topic.

I was at a meeting today. The woman sitting across the room had a pair of T-straps on with 4 inch heels. When the meeting ended, she took off her heels and put on a pair of socks before standing up. Then walked in her socks back to her office.

Edited by Cali
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Cali said:

There are so maany banks and credit unions around here. There is one block nearby with 5 insitutions. But I live in one of the most expensive places in the world.

Now back on topic.

I was at a meeting today. The woman sitting across the room had a pair of T-straps on with 4 inch heels. When the meeting ended, she took off her heels and put on a pair of socks before standing up. Then walked in her socks back to her office.

This is.  .  . most disturbing, on so many levels.

5 hours ago, Cali said:

Now back on topic.

Kinda strange.  Perhaps unfitting shoes physical malady?  

(Reminds me an incident that occurred years ago where a woman at a wedding we were at appeared at the ceremony with her hair still in curlers.  When reminded by my wife that her hair was still up, she replied that she would take it down after the ceremony because she wanted it to look good for the reception.)

5 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

This is.  .  . most disturbing, on so many levels.

This is high level meeting reviewing a large budget. We had a 120 page document (given to us at the meeting) to review and talk about. The tables are arrange in a circle so we are looking at everybody on the committee and she was sitting directly accross from me. I'm just reporting what I saw. Nice T-straps with a zipper in the T-strap. A woman in our team mentioned something to her about it, but I was unable to heard what was said.

This is no different from a woman putting their heels on to go from the vallet to the table at a high end restuarant, kick them off at the table, then wear them to retrive the car.

51 minutes ago, Cali said:

This is high level meeting reviewing a large budget. We had a 120 page document (given to us at the meeting) to review and talk about. The tables are arrange in a circle so we are looking at everybody on the committee and she was sitting directly accross from me. I'm just reporting what I saw. Nice T-straps with a zipper in the T-strap. A woman in our team mentioned something to her about it, but I was unable to heard what was said.

This is no different from a woman putting their heels on to go from the vallet to the table at a high end restuarant, kick them off at the table, then wear them to retrive the car.

you mention t straps.you have my attention..lol

• Haha 1