Jump to content

chesterx

My outings...

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, bluejay said:

OK  on the purple glitter mani, chesterx. With the 4th of July coming up you should of had some red, white and blue color on your nails. That's what I'm doing tomorrow at my first appointment with my manicurist in months, for a pedi and some nail art on my little pinkies. My manicurist is an expert in nail art. I'm looking forward  to my appointment.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Heh, that was my original intent, but my manicurist said everyone was doing that this week, & I'm far from being a conformist!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, bluejay said:

OK  on the purple glitter mani, chesterx. With the 4th of July coming up you should of had some red, white and blue color on your nails. That's what I'm doing tomorrow at my first appointment with my manicurist in months, for a pedi and some nail art on my little pinkies. My manicurist is an expert in nail art. I'm looking forward  to my appointment.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

My nail artist just moved back to her home town, but their shop was moving location before the pandemic and is not open yet.  I had planned on a red, white, and blue zebra stripes on black nails design.  Now I need to find another nail artist as skilled as the last one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well guys, I went to my mani/pedi appointment yesterday. The first comment I got entering the the pedi area was from a woman that said she loved my shoes. I thanked her for the compliment. I was wearing a red white and blue ensemble, which included a red polo, white women's shorts and my Nine West, "Gemily" blue suede, slide sandals with 3-1/2" chunky heels. After that comment all eyes were focused on me of course. I already had  a red pedi from my own efforts over a month ago, but it was time for the expert to go to work on me. I always bring my own color for my toes which is usually red. I really enjoyed my pedi. I really missed having a pro take care of me.

After the pedi she took me to her nail station where she took care of my mani. Clear gel on all my fingers with a special nail art deco on my little pinkies. On my right pinkie she did an American Flag design in red. white and blue. On my left one she did it in a fire cracker design with red, silver and blue sparklers, on a white base.  My manicurist is a real artist. Several of the other patrons had to see my little pinkies. Got lots of likes.

Well it was a great time at my nail salon after being closed for the last 3-1/2 months. Happy 4th of July to all.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

One errand & two stops today. Picked up some marine grade plywood I ordered from Lowes. Need to replace the transom on my old flat bottom boat. After that I stopped off for lunch at a Mexican joint for some slow roasted carnitas & onions & that tasty green sauce. Then grocery shopping. A small shop opened inside the HEB's, so I popped in after paying for my grocery's and ordered a smoothy for the road. Talked to the girl about my nails as she brrrred up some mangos. Other than that, nothing of interest occurred. I wore my nude rockstud clones from FSJ with some jeans. Its getting awful hot these days, I may just have to break out that denim skirt next week to beat this heat...

Edited by chesterx
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, chesterx said:

One errand & two stops today. Picked up some marine grade plywood I ordered from Lowes. Need to replace the transom on my old flat bottom boat. After that I stopped off for lunch at a Mexican joint for some slow roasted carnitas & onions & that tasty green sauce. Then grocery shopping. A small shop opened inside the HEB's, so I popped in after paying for my grocery's and ordered a smoothy for the road. Talked to the girl about my nails as she brrrred up some mangos. Other than that, nothing of interest occurred. I wore my nude rockstud clones from FSJ with some jeans. Its getting awful hot these days, I may just have to break out that denim skirt next week to beat this heat...

Cool.  I collect/rejuvinate old Evinrude outboards!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, chesterx said:

One errand & two stops today. Picked up some marine grade plywood I ordered from Lowes.

Marine grade? I bet they weren't exactly giving THAT stuff away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Marine grade? I bet they weren't exactly giving THAT stuff away.

Oh boy, that is an understatement. I got two pcs 3/4" thk & 2' wide x 4' long. I was able to rework the transom such that I could cut one in half length wise & sister them together with epoxy. I plan on taking the other sheet back for a refund. I just need to figure out the best way to fill in the extra two holes I am left with in the aluminum hull. Think I will try brazing them shut, along with a small crack in the bow. This boat belonged to my dad, he bought it the same year I was born. Thanks to my brother, the '69 Evinrude Fisherman it came with is sitting somewhere on the bottom of the Brazos river. The hull has been propped against a utility barn on its side for the better part of a decade, partly buried in the mud. Decided to drag it out after my mother passed & get rid of it, but I was amazed to see it was still in great shape. No pitting or corrosion at all, even where it was buried. I have been told that boats in that era were made from leftover military grade aluminum stockpiled during the Korean war. A fine hull like this deserves to live again. I have a spanking new 6hp 4 stroke Mercury & a trailer I have already refurbished, so not much left to do to get it back on the lake. Need to find someone that can paint it for me...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, chesterx said:

Oh boy, that is an understatement. I got two pcs 3/4" thk & 2' wide x 4' long. I was able to rework the transom such that I could cut one in half length wise & sister them together with epoxy. I plan on taking the other sheet back for a refund. I just need to figure out the best way to fill in the extra two holes I am left with in the aluminum hull. Think I will try brazing them shut, along with a small crack in the bow. This boat belonged to my dad, he bought it the same year I was born. Thanks to my brother, the '69 Evinrude Fisherman it came with is sitting somewhere on the bottom of the Brazos river. The hull has been propped against a utility barn on its side for the better part of a decade, partly buried in the mud. Decided to drag it out after my mother passed & get rid of it, but I was amazed to see it was still in great shape. No pitting or corrosion at all, even where it was buried. I have been told that boats in that era were made from leftover military grade aluminum stockpiled during the Korean war. A fine hull like this deserves to live again. I have a spanking new 6hp 4 stroke Mercury & a trailer I have already refurbished, so not much left to do to get it back on the lake. Need to find someone that can paint it for me...

Too bad about the Evinrude, those 6hps were some of the best outboards produced by any manufacturer...What a coincidence, I am currently rejuvinating a 1969 Johnson 6hp....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Too bad about the Evinrude, those 6hps were some of the best outboards produced by any manufacturer...What a coincidence, I am currently rejuvinating a 1969 Johnson 6hp....

I agree, that Evinrude ran like a top for 40 years, only ever had issues with cracked fuel pumps, went through 4 of them.  I did not like that they weighted a freaking ton, pert near threw out my back every time I tried to mount it. This Mercury is dandelion fluff in comparison!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chesterx said:

I agree, that Evinrude ran like a top for 40 years, only ever had issues with cracked fuel pumps, went through 4 of them.  I did not like that they weighted a freaking ton, pert near threw out my back every time I tried to mount it. This Mercury is dandelion fluff in comparison!

Cracked fuel pumps?  That is a strange failure on a old 6hp...  The Merc 6hp 4 stroke weighs less than the Evinrude 6hp 2 stroke??  How many cylinders on the Merc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Cracked fuel pumps?  That is a strange failure on a old 6hp...  The Merc 6hp 4 stroke weighs less than the Evinrude 6hp 2 stroke??  How many cylinders on the Merc?

The Merc is single cylinder & only weighs around 55 pounds with fuel in the tank (it has a built in tank). Its just easier to move around than I remember the Evinrude to be, I know it has  a smaller footprint because it fits where we stored the Rude with some room to spare. Those fuel pumps always cracked from the center bolt to the uppermost spout. I think it was from the heat built up in that storage shed we kept it in would turn them brittle every 10 years or so. It was a cheap & easy fix, we always carried a spare just in case, but thankfully they always failed when we were running it in a trash can...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know much about outboard motors, but I am also curious as to how a "modrun" 4 stroke could weigh less than a similarly sized 2 stroke. It almost has to be in the other bits of the package besides the actual engine itself. You should post a picture when you're done. Maybe wearing high heels!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, chesterx said:

The Merc is single cylinder & only weighs around 55 pounds with fuel in the tank (it has a built in tank). Its just easier to move around than I remember the Evinrude to be, I know it has  a smaller footprint because it fits where we stored the Rude with some room to spare. Those fuel pumps always cracked from the center bolt to the uppermost spout. I think it was from the heat built up in that storage shed we kept it in would turn them brittle every 10 years or so. It was a cheap & easy fix, we always carried a spare just in case, but thankfully they always failed when we were running it in a trash can...

Oh OK, you are referring to the outer black plastic cap where the fuel inlet line is connected....Yes, those are easy to crack.  I guess that is why OMC never really put a screwdriver slot in the retaining screw.  The Merc and the Evinrude weigh about the same, but the Evinrude had two cylinders...

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I don't know much about outboard motors, but I am also curious as to how a "modrun" 4 stroke could weigh less than a similarly sized 2 stroke. It almost has to be in the other bits of the package besides the actual engine itself. You should post a picture when you're done. Maybe wearing high heels!

I wondered the same thing...I think the answer is that the Evinrude had two cylinders, the Merc is a single cylinder....  I love wearing my boots while working on my outboards...Have been thinking about finding a nice pair of waders for going on the water...

Edited by pebblesf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't remember how many cylinders the old one had. There is a gap between the end of the work bench in that shed we kept it the Evinrude mounted for storage. When I set the Merc in its place there was a noticeably larger gap all the way around the powerhead & wall / workbench. To be honest, I like this little 4 stroke more than I did the Evinrude, it's quieter, runs smoother, but I only have a few hours of run time on it. Check back with me in 40 years for a thorough comparison review...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chesterx said:

I can't remember how many cylinders the old one had. There is a gap between the end of the work bench in that shed we kept it the Evinrude mounted for storage. When I set the Merc in its place there was a noticeably larger gap all the way around the powerhead & wall / workbench. To be honest, I like this little 4 stroke more than I did the Evinrude, it's quieter, runs smoother, but I only have a few hours of run time on it. Check back with me in 40 years for a thorough comparison review...  

Yeah, 40 yrs will tell the story for sure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A quick afternoon outing, but worth getting dressed up for as I had my annual dental exam.  I wore a blue with white pin dots pantsuit from Long Tall Sally. Paired that with a white camisole top, a drooping necklace & rings from Claire's Boutique rounded out he outfit. My blue ItalianHeels pumps played nicely with this outfit, and I wanted to see if I could handle the tallness of the heels. Turned out to be acceptable for a few hours, but a full day would probably be pushing it...

 

P1010336.JPG

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice color combo.  Cute heels but they do look like they'd be a bit uncomfortable after a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RonC said:

Cute heels but they do look like they'd be a bit uncomfortable after a while.

Can confirm. They are just a tad bit too high for long term wear. I am getting another pair from them with a 4" heel, just can't decide what I want. They have a bewildering array of selections...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chesterx said:

Can confirm. They are just a tad bit too high for long term wear. I am getting another pair from them with a 4" heel, just can't decide what I want. They have a bewildering array of selections...

Just exactly how tall are they? I assume if it's Italianheels.com that they must be 120 mm, or 4 3/4". At least, that's what their catalog says. What I'm wondering is, what size do you wear, and how tall do the heels actually measure? I'm interested in ordering from them myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Melrose,  going all in on a sexy pair of heels. Nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Just exactly how tall are they? I assume if it's Italianheels.com that they must be 120 mm, or 4 3/4". At least, that's what their catalog says. What I'm wondering is, what size do you wear, and how tall do the heels actually measure? I'm interested in ordering from them myself.

Italian Heels make nice stuff. They scale their heel heights based on the shoe size. The 120 height is based on a European size 38. As you go up in size, the heel height rises commensurately. This means all the shoes, right across the size range, have the same proportions. They have a chart giving the heel heights for each size

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree.  Quality is good. Design as well. And the prices are more than acceptable.

the service is ok also. 

I already got some shoes from that brand and happy with. 

The sizing is easy to deal with. A US W  12 is 44 .The heel height increases with the size. 

I just got one problem last time. I had ordered a pair Minerva,5 cm platform,size 44. The heel was supposed to be 14,5cm 

And it came with a 13cm one. These shoes were ugly and gave the feeling of walking on flats,with 2 sizes too large,which wasn’t. 

They ended up in the trash 

Dispite of that I recommend this brand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Just exactly how tall are they? I assume if it's Italianheels.com that they must be 120 mm, or 4 3/4". At least, that's what their catalog says. What I'm wondering is, what size do you wear, and how tall do the heels actually measure? I'm interested in ordering from them myself.

They are good quality heels. I just ordered another pair today, but specified 4" heels. As mentioned, the heel does scale with size, so the 5" heels I ordered in a size 44 actually have a 5 1/2" heel. That is usually well outside of my comfort zone, but these I was able to tolerate for my dental exam. I think it is because the leather is so supple. It did take awhile for the shoes to make it over the pond, but I am seldom in a hurry & can fill in the gap with my "modest" collection of shoes...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Size 44? That accounts for a good deal. :giggle: What I can't seem to figure out from the website is what size conversion they are using. Sometimes my size 9 converts to 39, and sometimes it converts to 40. Does your size 44 mean you are a 14 women's/12 men's?

On edit: Never mind, I finally found the tiny, tiny little button to click for the size chart. I had to find the right window of my trifocals to see it. They kind of messed up on the cm to inches conversion chart, though. 24.8 cm does not equal 9 1/4". I knew what they meant, though, haha.

Edited by mlroseplant
New sh** has come to light

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44  is a 12 woman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally had a full slate of activities worth getting dressed for. Started with a 10 am nail appointment. Glad I waited till 10 as a thunderstorm made the early morning a wet one, but it kept the sun at bay for most of the day, so that was nice. Went with a robins egg blue with a silver accent nail. While I was there my 1 pm appointment called & asked if we could push it back to 2. That worked out great as I was able to get a hair cut & shop for groceries after my nails we done. Nails & hair went normally but wouldn't you know it, Wouldn't you know it, I get stopped while going into HEB by two employees that wanted to go on & on about my heels. Normally I just love to discuss my heels, but I was getting pressed for time, so unfortunately, I had to cut it short. Picked up my items & checked out with no issues, even stopped for a smoothie on the way out. Made it to my house & unpacked, then headed for my 2 o'clock & made it there with a few minutes to spare. This was a waxing bar, I got it in my head I wanted to try it as I don't like shaving my legs at all. I have to say, I had a "ripping" good time of it. My tech was a hoot & I enjoyed the conversation & stories. It wasn't near as bad as the YouTube videos made it out to be, & I'm enjoying the sensations of beat skin. I imagine I will continue to wax as I am told it gets easier the longer you do it. I may have my arms done next time.

Today I wore my bling jeans from Sexy Couture & a lacey top by charter club I just got in from a Macy's sale. It looks good & I like how airy it is, works great in this heat. My black Jessica Simpson pumps rounded out the outfit. I also included my mask, as that is pretty much a standard part of my wardrobe these days. It feels really good to get back to some normal heeling...

P1010337.JPG

Edited by chesterx
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, chesterx said:

I imagine I will continue to wax as I am told it gets easier the longer you do it. I may have my arms done next time.

It does get easier as time goes on. I have my legs waxed so I can sports tape them. After about 15 times, I don't have much hair left and what grows back is lighter in color and thickness. The waxing professionals are jealous that I don't have as much hair on legs as they do. :giggle:. And the waxing now is nothing like the first several times, it's a piece of cake. But our waxing places are now closed again. so it will be a while until I get my done again. I got the large package and go every 4 - 6 weeks in the winter.

Make sure they wax your toes as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a great day, you look great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

chesterx,

I like your look That's a nice color blue for your mani. I just get clear gel on my fingers with color and art deco work on my little pinkies. One of these times I'm going to get full color on all my fingers. I already have bright red on my toes, that brings me compliments from the ladies when I wear  sandals. I even had a guy in Walmart one time compliment me on my red pedi. He had a neon green color on his toes. I was wearing heels and he had on men's slides. He liked my heels too. His wife or S/O snapped a pic of just our feet. I never saw it posted anywhere. Glad you enjoyed your day!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried something different for me when I went out to lunch today. Now that the redness from the waxing has subsided I decided to test the waters by wearing shorts & exposing my legs to daylight for the 1st time in years. Was a quick one as I got it to go. There were two young ladies waiting for their order as well, & one complimented my sandals & the other my nails. Had a nice chat until our orders arrived. I'm calling it a success. I wore a top from Long Tall Sally, shorts from Aeropostal, & mauve sandals from Universal Thread. I just wasn't sure how I looked with heels, so I played it safe with sandals. I was thinking of wearing my mid height heels with this outfit as a compromise. Heels are rare enough in my area as it is, but I can say I have never seen a woman wearing heels with shorts, so I was hesitant to do it. I know some of you guys are practitioners of heels & shorts, any thoughts on the matter?

P1010338.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.