Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
maninboots

Costa in boots

Recommended Posts

I like those especially with jeans. It’s a style I would wear. I actually also like the pale coloured sole on the boots, that I think compliments a heeled shoe or boot very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it’s 7 AM on Christmas Eve and I’m sat enjoying a latte in Costa again, wearing my Dorothy Perkins black knee high boots with 4” heels over my grey jeans, walked in with 2 other women who were having quite a good chuckle to each other, don’t think it was at my expense though, one of them was wearing a quite nice pair of boots herself to be honest, i took my coffee to my table and they ordered to take out, nothing actually said though, will sit here for a bit before finishing off my last bits of Christmas shopping 

image.jpg

On 12/21/2018 at 1:56 PM, HeeledSteve said:

I like those especially with jeans. It’s a style I would wear. I actually also like the pale coloured sole on the boots, that I think compliments a heeled shoe or boot very well.

Thanks, they’re one of my favourite pairs, comfy to wear all be it a major struggle to get into them without having a zip, well worth it though 

Edited by maninboots
To add photo
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a nice start to your day. Nice looking pair of boots too. No offence but I doubt the women gave you a thought - they were probably too wrapped up in their Christmas shopping (pun intended) ;-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shyheels said:

Sounds like a nice start to your day. Nice looking pair of boots too. No offence but I doubt the women gave you a thought - they were probably too wrapped up in their Christmas shopping (pun intended) ;-)

Very good, and yes i think you’re right, there’s another chap come in now sat pretty much opposite me eating toast but not taking the slightest bit of notice other than a quick polite good morning 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great boots, especially with the nice grey jeans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s very quiet in Costa this Boxing Day morning, in fact I’m the only person here plus the staff of course,.

   I’ve gone for the snake effect stiletto ankle boots today although i don’t think many people will see them, will have to see how the morning develops. 

   May go and browse some sales in them when I’ve finished my coffee 

image.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love those killer booties with the jeans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a quiet morning here again today, one chap sat over the aisle reading the paper and another just come in and ordered a takeaway.

    I was discussing Christmas with the young female assistant who asked me if I’d had any new boots for Christmas, i replied no not this year but may have a look in the sales before I’m fully back at work though, she then completed my order and i went to sit down, think she’s probably seen most of my range that i wear regularly by now so I’m due some new ones, comes to something when I’m buying boots to keep the staff at Costa interested lol.

     I’ve gone quite understated again today, dark blue woolly jumper, black jeans tucked into my Dorothy Perkins black knee high boots with 4” heels, i have to say black jeans and boots blend in very well, 

   Working all day tomorrow so will be back on Sunday.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, indeed a very nice look, one that goes far towards regularising the idea of men in boots and heels. You’re fortunate that you can buy boots off the shelf and can enjoy a broad and reasonably priced selection. 

Edited by Shyheels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Yes, indeed a very nice look, one that goes far towards regularising the idea of men in boots and heels. You’re fortunate that you can buy boots off the shelf and can enjoy a broad and reasonably priced selection. 

Yes i know i am, very lucky really, think i may have to diet a bit in the new year as I’m starting to struggle a little with the leg widths which is not really anything I’ve had a problem with in the past, i know as I’m getting a bit older my legs are swelling a bit especially after a full days driving at work so that’s giving me a few problems but generally i can go into most shops and just try and buy, a decent pair of support tights is quite helpful too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because of my rather larger feet my boots are custom made - very, very nice to be sure, but obviously not the sort of thing one can buy often. Much cycling has given me slender calves - good fitting along the shaft would never be an issue for me, just finding the right size...

Edited by Shyheels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Because of my rather larger feet my boots are custom made - very, very nice to be sure, but obviously not the sort of thing one can buy often. Much cycling has given me slender calves - good fitting along the shaft would never be an issue for me, just finding the right size...

Yeah, I’ve often believed that tall boots fit men’s legs better than women’s anyway, there are exceptions of course but you need to fill a boot for the perfect fit and a lot of women’s legs are too skinny, i don’t mind a slight struggle with a zip to get a good fitted look, if only the shoe size range was a bit bigger then we’d all be in business and maybe then more men would consider them, I’ve been told many times by female assistants when I’ve been trying on that they think they look better on me than they did on her and that’s really only down to a little extra leg width filling them out and not sagging like wellies lol 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the advantages of custom made boots is the perfect fitting along the calves. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

One of the advantages of custom made boots is the perfect fitting along the calves. 

Yeah I’m sure, I’ll bet it works out a bit more expensive though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a bit more, but the boots are lovely, made with beautiful materials, classic lines, perfectly fitting, and can re-soled. They will last me the rest of my life. And so, over time they are exceptionally good value. One just needs to look past the upfront cost.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Quite a bit more, but the boots are lovely, made with beautiful materials, classic lines, perfectly fitting, and can re-soled. They will last me the rest of my life. And so, over time they are exceptionally good value. One just needs to look past the upfront cost.

Yeah you’re right, sometimes you can buy 10 cheap pairs to one expensive quality pair ultimately costing more in the long run 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, maninboots said:

Yeah you’re right, sometimes you can buy 10 cheap pairs to one expensive quality pair ultimately costing more in the long run 

That’s my philosophy. There are plenty of people here who have literally dozens of pair of boots yet who would balk at the cost of one of my pair of custom made boots even though their cumulative spend would far exceed my own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, maninboots said:

Yeah, I’ve often believed that tall boots fit men’s legs better than women’s anyway, there are exceptions of course but you need to fill a boot for the perfect fit and a lot of women’s legs are too skinny, i don’t mind a slight struggle with a zip to get a good fitted look, if only the shoe size range was a bit bigger then we’d all be in business and maybe then more men would consider them, I’ve been told many times by female assistants when I’ve been trying on that they think they look better on me than they did on her and that’s really only down to a little extra leg width filling them out and not sagging like wellies lol 

Off the shelf boots are probably intentionally made with wider shafts to accommodate a broader range of calf sizes, though women’s are going to be generally slimmer.  If you wear boots over pants at least there is something to fill in the extra space.  

I can wear off the shelf boots very comfortably, which I did every day all day, and have 16 pairs now.  But still, there is nothing like the fit of the custom boots I got last year.  The fit everywhere is perfect, and the fitted shafts pull on and fit exactly over the calves as easy as a pair of socks.  

Owning a lot of different off the shelf shoes is definitely fun, which I do, but if you get as much enjoyment from boots as I do, I recommend adding at least one pair of custom boots at some point.  It is a unique experience that should not be missed.  And don’t wait too long to do it - manufacture time can take months to over a year, and once you have them they will last over a lifetime, so you are only losing time now to enjoy them.  Plus, not only do you customize the shaft, but you also specify the heel!  I just ordered a pair with 19” shafts and 4” heels... and the anticipation is making me a little nutty!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, indeed custom boots are well worth it. I get a lot of use out of mine and will continue to do so for many years. As noted, the lead time when ordering custom boots can be considerable. Plan ahead...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, p1ng74 said:

Off the shelf boots are probably intentionally made with wider shafts to accommodate a broader range of calf sizes, though women’s are going to be generally slimmer.  If you wear boots over pants at least there is something to fill in the extra space.  

I can wear off the shelf boots very comfortably, which I did every day all day, and have 16 pairs now.  But still, there is nothing like the fit of the custom boots I got last year.  The fit everywhere is perfect, and the fitted shafts pull on and fit exactly over the calves as easy as a pair of socks.  

Owning a lot of different off the shelf shoes is definitely fun, which I do, but if you get as much enjoyment from boots as I do, I recommend adding at least one pair of custom boots at some point.  It is a unique experience that should not be missed.  And don’t wait too long to do it - manufacture time can take months to over a year, and once you have them they will last over a lifetime, so you are only losing time now to enjoy them.  Plus, not only do you customize the shaft, but you also specify the heel!  I just ordered a pair with 19” shafts and 4” heels... and the anticipation is making me a little nutty!

I know "that feeling" for sure....I am pretty tough on my boots, so have hesitated to invest in custom fit boots, and admittedly feel a bit guilty about spending that much money when the house needs work and the mortgage needs to be paid off....I definitely had that feeling waiting for these Sam Edelman boots, but it was worth the wait.  I will admit that I have graduated to leather boots, the man made stuff wears out quickly.  So, for now, I will still dream of custom fit/made Paul Bond cowboy boots with 4-5" heels....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You only live once, and you’re a long time dead...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

I know "that feeling" for sure....I am pretty tough on my boots, so have hesitated to invest in custom fit boots, and admittedly feel a bit guilty about spending that much money when the house needs work and the mortgage needs to be paid off....I definitely had that feeling waiting for these Sam Edelman boots, but it was worth the wait.  I will admit that I have graduated to leather boots, the man made stuff wears out quickly.  So, for now, I will still dream of custom fit/made Paul Bond cowboy boots with 4-5" heels....

Your Tony Lama Boots probably have a Goodyear welt and can be re-heeled and re-soled for the rest of your life.  There is a lot of value in hand made boots and you have probably already found the sweet spot.  Not only do synthetics wear out quickly, but they don’t breath so you will be hotter and sweatier in the summer, and colder and damper in the winter.  

I was about to pull the trigger on the Paul Bond boots on eBay but decided to visit my local boot maker instead.  I showed them the Bonds and they said they can do it, no problem, and for a lower price even.  Of course I took the opportunity to add some additional customizations, which pushed the price back up... but yes you only live once, and you only have 2 feet, so I might as well make it perfect right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

absolutely right, I shouldn't let "guilt" get the best of me....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Off the shelf boots are probably intentionally made with wider shafts to accommodate a broader range of calf sizes, though women’s are going to be generally slimmer.  If you wear boots over pants at least there is something to fill in the extra space.  

I can wear off the shelf boots very comfortably, which I did every day all day, and have 16 pairs now.  But still, there is nothing like the fit of the custom boots I got last year.  The fit everywhere is perfect, and the fitted shafts pull on and fit exactly over the calves as easy as a pair of socks. 

Owning a lot of different off the shelf shoes is definitely fun, which I do, but if you get as much enjoyment from boots as I do, I recommend adding at least one pair of custom boots at some point.  It is a unique experience that should not be missed.  And don’t wait too long to do it - manufacture time can take months to over a year, and once you have them they will last over a lifetime, so you are only losing time now to enjoy them.  Plus, not only do you customize the shaft, but you also specify the heel!  I just ordered a pair with 19” shafts and 4” heels... and the anticipation is making me a little nutty!

I think you are right in saying that off-the-shelf boots generally allow for some wearers having chunkier legs, although my observations suggest that many women have legs at least as large as men's - and often with bodies to match!   (Or is that because women's legs are much more likely to be exposed to view?)  My own legs are neither slender nor fat and both pairs of the women's knee boots I have are too baggy - they flap around over skinny jeans and allow wider-legged jeans to bag out of the tops.   Obviously, a closer-fitting boot shaft is required but there is little available in my size (UK11) and I doubt it would be easy to find off-the-shelf.    I would consider custom-made (e.g. from Miguel Jones) but as I am unlikely to wear knee-length (or thigh-length) boots over trousers in public, there seems little point in buying anything expensive, however long-lasting.   So, I shall have to stick to ankle boots (ideally longer sock boots) that can be worn smartly but discreetly under boot-cut jeans - when I can find any.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Puffer said:

I think you are right in saying that off-the-shelf boots generally allow for some wearers having chunkier legs, although my observations suggest that many women have legs at least as large as men's - and often with bodies to match!   (Or is that because women's legs are much more likely to be exposed to view?)  My own legs are neither slender nor fat and both pairs of the women's knee boots I have are too baggy - they flap around over skinny jeans and allow wider-legged jeans to bag out of the tops.   Obviously, a closer-fitting boot shaft is required but there is little available in my size (UK11) and I doubt it would be easy to find off-the-shelf.    I would consider custom-made (e.g. from Miguel Jones) but as I am unlikely to wear knee-length (or thigh-length) boots over trousers in public, there seems little point in buying anything expensive, however long-lasting.   So, I shall have to stick to ankle boots (ideally longer sock boots) that can be worn smartly but discreetly under boot-cut jeans - when I can find any.   

I don’t have many measurements for women’s boots but I just measured my Antonio  Melani boots with knee high shafts and they have an 16” circumference in size 10B.

I do have several pairs of knee high men’s off the shelf cowboy boots in 9D so I measured their circumference and found that all 4 pairs of Olathe/Horsepower boots also have 16” circumference.  My Tony Lama boots have a huge 17” circumference, which is very noticeable when wearing them.  So it all depends I guess.  Most guys wear their cowboy boots with shafts that flap around.  With boot cut jeans over the boots no one can tell really.  

Though one potential advantage of cowboy boots can be found in the thicker leather.  My pair in mule hide is 1.5mm thicker than the lighter hides, which calculates out to reducing the circumference by 0.37”, so they will feel more like 15.63”, and it is noticeable.  Also the thicker hides are stiffer and not as prone to slouching or flapping around.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:35 AM, maninboots said:

Its a quiet morning here again today, one chap sat over the aisle reading the paper and another just come in and ordered a takeaway.

    I was discussing Christmas with the young female assistant who asked me if I’d had any new boots for Christmas, i replied no not this year but may have a look in the sales before I’m fully back at work though, she then completed my order and i went to sit down, think she’s probably seen most of my range that i wear regularly by now so I’m due some new ones, comes to something when I’m buying boots to keep the staff at Costa interested lol.

     I’ve gone quite understated again today, dark blue woolly jumper, black jeans tucked into my Dorothy Perkins black knee high boots with 4” heels, i have to say black jeans and boots blend in very well, 

   Working all day tomorrow so will be back on Sunday.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looking great.  Next time make sure to get a side shot so we can appreciate those 4" of yours!

Edited by jeremy1986
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my great pleasures is going for coffee when I'm in London wearing tights and boots. I can't manage to wear much of a heel, but I love the feel of boots on my legs.

I usually go in Pret a Manger as I like the sandwiches, and I will be there tomorrow morning wearing these boots and shorts (different tights, obviously)

To be honest I don't worry how good the coffee is, I just like being out in public in boots and nylons.

P1000269.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Looking great.  Next time make sure to get a side shot so we can appreciate those 4" of yours!

 

15 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Looking great.  Next time make sure to get a side shot so we can appreciate those 4" of yours!

Yeah I’ll do that, but if you scroll back to other pictures I’ve posted in this thread you’ll see a full view of the heel when i wore the same boots previously 

12 hours ago, cedricsut said:

One of my great pleasures is going for coffee when I'm in London wearing tights and boots. I can't manage to wear much of a heel, but I love the feel of boots on my legs.

I usually go in Pret a Manger as I like the sandwiches, and I will be there tomorrow morning wearing these boots and shorts (different tights, obviously)

To be honest I don't worry how good the coffee is, I just like being out in public in boots and nylons.

P1000269.JPG

You look great mate and nice boots too 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.