Costa in boots

maninboots

Well it’s been a long week at work so happy to be back here in another pair of boots, these were brought from a vintage and retro shop in Lichfield , knee high with a full length zip, about 4” western style heels and particularly like the little gold bits on the back of the heels and the toes, very 70’s ish, I’m wearing them over my grey straight jeans, not too busy in here yet but let’s see what happens over the next hour and a half, oh and did you spot the medium latte in the background 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Very nice boots. You do find pleasant ways of putting in your Sunday mornings. 

You can’t beat it to be honest, I’ve got a couple of people having really good looks at the moment, think it’s only a matter of time before someone says something 

19 minutes ago, maninboots said:

You can’t beat it to be honest, I’ve got a couple of people having really good looks at the moment, think it’s only a matter of time before someone says something 

And I expect it will be complimentary, if anything. It’s a nice look. Makes wearing heels by men respectable. 

• Like 1

Just out having tea and cake. My boots do not have heels - they are just nice dressy brown riding style knee boots - but one nice thing about wearing tall boots at this time of year is warmer ankles and calves, something that is something of a novelty, and one I very much like on a brisk raw autumn day. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Just out having tea and cake. My boots do not have heels - they are just nice dressy brown riding style knee boots - but one nice thing about wearing tall boots at this time of year is warmer ankles and calves, something that is something of a novelty, and one I very much like on a brisk raw autumn day. 

To be honest i do like wearing my flat knee highs of which i have a few pairs, i have some knee high riding boots with a back zip, flat heels in black leather with a tan band round the top, often wear them over skinny jeans for an equestrian look and you’re right they are nice and warm at this time of year 

Well I’m here again to start the weekend, i actually engaged in a little conversation with the young female assistant, while she was preparing my latte she noticed me adjusting my boots and she said i don’t know how you manage those, i said these are only 31/2”” heels but to be honest I’ve started coming down a bit in height as I’m getting older, she replied no i can’t do heels at all but i did buy some nice flat boots from Birmingham the other day, i said great i do like flat boots too then as she passed me my coffee she said we’re so used to seeing you in heels i can’t imagine you in flats, i said trust me it does happen, thank you and want and sat in my usual seat, fairly quiet here at the moment but did enjoy the few minutes of conversation 

image.jpg

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Sounds like a very nice interaction and a lovely spot to have your morning coffee! I think your look works quite well and makes acceptable the image of men in heels (and boots)

Thanks you’re really kind, think it does prove that men can wear heels and boots of any length without creating a feminine look 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, maninboots said:

Thanks you’re really kind, think it does prove that men can wear heels and boots of any length without creating a feminine look 

Yes. Quite right. No need whatever to have a feminine look. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, maninboots said:

Well I’m here again to start the weekend,

By now you should have stock in Costa.

8 hours ago, maninboots said:

I like to think I wear my boots in a masculine manner. My boots with stiletto heels and large rings make it a little tougher to achieve that look.

• Like 1

Yes, I think the trick is to counter the feminine styling of the stilettos with regular masculine jeans, shirts, jumpers so that the heels are more of an intriguing, if edgy, detail of an otherwise quite regular masculine look. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Yes, I think the trick is to counter the feminine styling of the stilettos with regular masculine jeans, shirts, jumpers so that the heels are more of an intriguing, if edgy, detail of an otherwise quite regular masculine look. 

I totally agree 

• Like 1

Less is more in this case. 

I just spent the day in London with my cameras doing some shooting for my own portfolio, wearing (low heels) knee boots, jeans and jumper. Loads of women in knee boots.  I was the only guy wearing them but my overall look was quite understated and I am quite certain nobody have me so much as a second glance. I really did blend in. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

Less is more in this case. 

I just spent the day in London with my cameras doing some shooting for my own portfolio, wearing (low heels) knee boots, jeans and jumper. Loads of women in knee boots.  I was the only guy wearing them but my overall look was quite understated and I am quite certain nobody have me so much as a second glance. I really did blend in. 

I can well believe that you did, i don’t really know why more men don’t wear knee boots, especially low heeled ones because they really do offer a masculine look and can very easily be pulled off, just a don’t think it’s something men have really considered, it only needs someone high profile to wear them and it could start a trend,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maninboots said:

I can well believe that you did, i don’t really know why more men don’t wear knee boots, especially low heeled ones because they really do offer a masculine look and can very easily be pulled off, just a don’t think it’s something men have really considered, it only needs someone high profile to wear them and it could start a trend,

Indeed. It does look quite presentable and the extra wamth and comfort on a brisk late autumn day is welcome. I think you’re right, it wouldn’t take much to get knee boots in vogue.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

Stilettos heels or block heels make a big difference to achieve a masculine look. 

I'm fairly novice at wearing stiletto heels in public, I think I have a masculine look though when wearing them. Wearing them with masculine jeans, shirt etc. I would agree with what others have said the overall look is what defines the overall effect.

• Like 1

Addicted to the click

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Indeed. It does look quite presentable and the extra wamth and comfort on a brisk late autumn day is welcome. I think you’re right, it wouldn’t take much to get knee boots in vogue.  

I think men would have to start doing real work again before tall boots make a true comeback.  In western fashion, it seems tall boots were standard when we rode horses and walked through fields.  Now, tall boots are limited to specific activities like riding motorcycles and wading through mud.  The hottest cowboy boot startup, Tecovas, is trying to appeal to young people with short shafts and low heels.  To me it defeats the whole point of cowboy boots.  I like the look and feel of leather against the calves, and the support of the heels.  But most men don’t know any better, and would probably find it a bit difficult to stay in the stirrups and their calves quite chaffed with what people are calling cowboy boots these days.  

• Like 1

Neither sex needs to wear knee boots these days - the women you see striding along the city streets in their knee boots, or waiting in the railway platforms for their commuter trains, do not have motorcycles or horses waiting to be ridden, Boots are part of their overall look; they are theatrical in that regard. Theatricality in dress is frowned upon in men. We are supposed to be sober, serious, part of the herd, not standing out. A guy wearing knee boots would indeed be expected to have a horse or motorcycle very nearby but the fact that I don’t just seems to slip by unnoticed. Nor was my overall look in anyway theatrical - nor is Maninboots’’ look either, nor P1ng74’s, nor HeeledSteve, nor others on this thread. 

I think the ideas that needs to be promoted are that - 1) tall boots worn tastefully do not really stand out, and 2) that a touch of theatricality is perfectly permissible for men and should be. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 3