Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
boothill

Elegant classic model thigh high leather boots: where?

Recommended Posts

hi folks!

I'm looking for an online site etc. which sells this kind of elegant & classic thigh high boot model. Should be genuine leather and black WITHOUT platform. Heel 5" or more. First picture is from a chinese site, PU boot but model is right. The other picture, with white background are Pleaser made thigh high boots not anymore in production.

Its kinda strange how hard it is to find this kind of very classic model. Or maybe I have just searched wrong places...anyhow, thanks in advance!

BR,
BootHill

boots_.jpg

DE_Capture.JPG

This I found:
https://www.sky-scrapers.co.uk/index.php/k5b07-thigh-boot-with-inside-zip.html

And its nice looking model.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a pair of these or something very like them from Italian Heels. Bought secondhand a few years ago and worn occasionally. Nice quality plain black leather with 5" heel in UK9. Gorgeous gold leather lining. The shafts are rather wide on my slim legs.

http://www.italianheels.com/cgi-bin/showbig2.pl?categoria=boots&lang=en&item=4179&g=y

i don't know if Italian Heels are still recommendable. i've never ordered directly from them myself.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just the type of boots I would love, in leather, but prefer not to buy anything from China, even though that is near impossible these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFAIK, Italian Heels are made in.............Italy!

Skyscrapers are based in the UK. One can only hope they manufacture there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Italian heels are nice.

Jean Gaborit makes lovely custom boots in France. They cost quite a bit more but the materials and workmanship are exquisite and everything is custom made. The fit is perfect.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arollo appear to be German and their boots certainly look nice: https://www.overknee-stiefel.net/Boots/

These appear to be made in Poland: http://www.fashion-style.com.pl/en/38-women-s-shoes/48-high-boots/51-leather/boots-leather-13cm-heel-solution-36-47-info

I say "appear to be" because unless there is an explicit and credible claim then it's always possible that the actual manufacture is subcontracted to China.

I forget the name of a UK based supplier who have taken customers' money and not supplied the goods or refunded. There was at least one US based member of HHP who was very much on the warpath about them.  It might have been http://iliaslittleshoebox.co.uk   This is possibly a successor to the famous "Little Shoe Box" which used to be on the Holloway Road in North London. In any case the company has been dissolved: https://www.duedil.com/company/gb/07969910/ilias-little-shoe-box-ltd though this doesn't prevent the former director continuing in business as a sole trader (the pun is inevitable).

Edited by at9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jean Gaborit definitely make their boots in France.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fernando Berlin also look like a genuinely european maker: http://www.fernandoberlinboots.com/en/

The conclusion is that if you're prepapred to spend the money, there are some very nice looking boots made in europe. The Polish maker I mentioned 2 posts ago is definitely not expensive, perhaps a quarter of the price of Jean Gaborit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The quality and workmanship of Jean Gaborit is exceptional.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What size do you need,Boothill????  I might have a few pairs that you would be interested in for sale.

Edited by crotchhiguy
To add content
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, at9 said:

Skyscrapers are based in the UK. One can only hope they manufacture there too.

Yes they are. Made in the UK by the old Leatherworks team. 

Have more than a few pairs of Skyscrapers including some thigh boots and always pleased with the quality.

5a8dad996d4ba_568e816e44d3d_MiniFihnetsThighboots1.jpg.68fd6bbdad29c0627482150c1db27a591.thumb.jpg.4aae3a5c87766c5c6af91b394bfb9b61.jpg

B4A5407D-DEAB-4FDC-BEC6-DF83C446D53D.thumb.jpeg.ced4937929a6674a37da7ef8551db338.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2018 at 3:18 PM, aristoc said:

Yes they are. Made in the UK by the old Leatherworks team. 

Have more than a few pairs of Skyscrapers including some thigh boots and always pleased with the quality.

5a8dad996d4ba_568e816e44d3d_MiniFihnetsThighboots1.jpg.68fd6bbdad29c0627482150c1db27a591.thumb.jpg.4aae3a5c87766c5c6af91b394bfb9b61.jpg

B4A5407D-DEAB-4FDC-BEC6-DF83C446D53D.thumb.jpeg.ced4937929a6674a37da7ef8551db338.jpegWow, talk about a boot!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the quality/type of leather used by the Sky Scrappers? Does it kinda thicker type as with Italian Heels or Mori brands so you can "feel" the upper on your leg or does it a very thin type of leather? Some brands tend to use the very thin leather which isn't as good as it should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zed,

They use a very soft leather sourced from Italy. Never thought about how thick but would estimate probably 2 ounce or 0.8mm thick. Raw leather inside shaft with lined leather collar inside at thigh. Can’t compare thickness/quality against Mori or Italian Heel brands as not familiar, sorry. 

Tried to show inside on pic   

5a95827e45e5a_BeigeBoot.thumb.JPG.9926b674f6caf11e3a7c9a02073243df.JPG

Edited by aristoc
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does it compare with the old Leatherworks then (if you have any)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not had any Leatherworks for many years, although would say very similar. They are manufactured by some of the old Leatherworks team and the style is the same.

 

Edited by aristoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a pair of Arollo boots, and the leather is buttery soft

To add to the list, CQ Boutique/GioHel are on eBay http://stores.ebay.com/CQ-BOUTIQUE

Although their site organization is the absolute worst. 

I suggest searching their store by your Euro size and "boots" to see what styles they offer, e.g. "44 boots"

 

Edited by alphax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:09 AM, crotchhiguy said:

What size do you need,Boothill????  I might have a few pairs that you would be interested in for sale.

I wear size 11s, and might be interested as well....Don

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:42 PM, geo said:

 

Looking great in hot boots for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2018 at 12:44 AM, at9 said:

*snip*

I forget the name of a UK based supplier who have taken customers' money and not supplied the goods or refunded. There was at least one US based member of HHP who was very much on the warpath about them.  It might have been http://iliaslittleshoebox.co.uk   This is possibly a successor to the famous "Little Shoe Box" which used to be on the Holloway Road in North London. In any case the company has been dissolved: https://www.duedil.com/company/gb/07969910/ilias-little-shoe-box-ltd though this doesn't prevent the former director continuing in business as a sole trader (the pun is inevitable).

No it was never Little Shoe Box or Ilias Little Shoe Box.

The fraudulent company was Fabulously Fetish, who still have a website, I see.  I was almost ripped off, but managed to get my credit card to refund me.  Scary.

You can search this forum for others' accounts of their encounters with Fabulously Fraudulent.

Edited by alphax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the correction. @Alphax, glad you got your money back from the card company.

Does anyone know if Ilias Little Shoe Box still trading?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22.02.2018 at 5:09 PM, crotchhiguy said:

What size do you need,Boothill????  I might have a few pairs that you would be interested in for sale.

If you have EU 41 then I'd be interested to see what you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2018 at 11:50 AM, at9 said:

Fernando Berlin also look like a genuinely european maker: http://www.fernandoberlinboots.com/en/

The conclusion is that if you're prepapred to spend the money, there are some very nice looking boots made in europe. The Polish maker I mentioned 2 posts ago is definitely not expensive, perhaps a quarter of the price of Jean Gaborit.

Yes, Fernando Berlin has a show room in Berlin if you want to look and see. Boots are hand made in Portugal. I really recommend buying from them, I have a pair myself. Expensive but you get what you pay for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@at9My two cents about company Fashion Style from Poland. I've been there twice in their shop and they also produce shoes in the same place, handmade ofc. I have two pair of shoes from them. Pointy stilettos with 13 cm heels without platform made out of leather. Comfy, walkable and nice looking. Second pair is python colored thigh high boots with 15 cm heels and 3 cm platforms. Most comfortable shoes I have in my collection. Maybe they are not a top notch in quality but miles ahead from China quality for sure. Sizes are good I have Male EU 43 and so I also picked EU 43 in both of shoes and they fit perfectly. 

Customer service in that shop was amazing. I called 2 hours earlier that I will be visiting them and I'm interested in shoes in 43 size. Lady prepared all shoes they had at place at that time in my size. They're like over 25 pairs waiting for me to try them on. Unfortunately I only took those 2 pairs above. 

PS. Be carefull when You pick something from that site. English on that page is awfull and misleading. 

Cheers,

Patrick

Edited by WenHH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2019 at 8:39 AM, WenHH said:

@at9My two cents about company Fashion Style from Poland. I've been there twice in their shop and they also produce shoes in the same place, handmade ofc. I have two pair of shoes from them. Pointy stilettos with 13 cm heels without platform made out of leather. Comfy, walkable and nice looking. Second pair is python colored thigh high boots with 15 cm heels and 3 cm platforms. Most comfortable shoes I have in my collection. Maybe they are not a top notch in quality but miles ahead from China quality for sure. Sizes are good I have Male EU 43 and so I also picked EU 43 in both of shoes and they fit perfectly. 

Customer service in that shop was amazing. I called 2 hours earlier that I will be visiting them and I'm interested in shoes in 43 size. Lady prepared all shoes they had at place at that time in my size. They're like over 25 pairs waiting for me to try them on. Unfortunately I only took those 2 pairs above. 

PS. Be carefull when You pick something from that site. English on that page is awfull and misleading. 

Cheers,

Patrick

The reference to this business prompted me to look at the website: https://www.fashion-style.com.pl/en/

Very interesting!   A good range of shoes, boots, sandals and mules in various styles - and with most in sizes up to Eu46 or 47.   Prices seem modest, with leather footwear (presumably 'real' leather) no more expensive than synthetic.   Worth considering if the quality and service are as good as they appear, given Patrick's reported experience.   I didn't check shipping costs.

I do agree with Patrick that the English descriptions are somewhat misleading, although understandable with care.   The supplier uses the descriptive terms 'boots', 'sandals', 'flip flops' etc very loosely (and interchangeably!), so best to look through the full range when trying to find something.   And the 'Mens shoes' category seems just to be a repeat of the women's; surely the supplier isn't expecting men to buy anything there? :giggle:     

What I did fail to find (so far) were any ankle boots with cuban or slim block heels (as distinct from stilettos) - a pity!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.