Jump to content

KneeBooted's Adventures?


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, KneeBooted said:

Thanks! The boots have a 4” heel, and the wedges are either like 2.7”? I haven’t measured them, that’s what the site info had. I am getting another pair of jeans that are a tad longer to see if they look any better, but I agree that this length may be the best choice!

4" is a great height. Very comfy but still stylish and sexy! and yes, you also want the flexibility to wear those jeans with slightly lower heels (haha)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My church outfit today. My wife wore her matching boots...

Hello everyone, I hope these past couple of weeks have treated everyone as well as can be expected. I didn't get a chance to post until now because life has been so wonderfully busy between home

Well we are dealing with Shelter in Place here in the Bay Area which means stay home unless you’re essential for work or have a darn good reason to go out. Aside from that, I took a couple of day

Posted Images

Indeed - slightly long. An inch would be ideal but what you had before was perfectly fine. A nice look at any rate and certainly doing its part to make acceptable - even commonplace - the idea of men in heels.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Indeed - slightly long. An inch would be ideal but what you had before was perfectly fine. A nice look at any rate and certainly doing its part to make acceptable - even commonplace - the idea of men in heels.  

Thanks! Yeah I think if I leave the x-long pants the way they are, the heels will get worn AND it looks more like I am trying to hide the heels, not let them be seen.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KneeBooted said:

Thanks! Yeah I think if I leave the x-long pants the way they are, the heels will get worn AND it looks more like I am trying to hide the heels, not let them be seen.

Yes, that's a good point. You want the look to appear stylish, not furtive.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cali said:

Keep those extra long pants and go out and fine heels that are taller to go with the pants.

Haha! I texted my friend a picture and that was her reaction as well! “You just need higher heels!” 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

KneeBooted,

My experience has been that I wear a size 14 in women's jeans but a 16 is good for 4-5"/10-12cm heels whereas a size 18 is better for heels higher than that. You may want to follow suit using whatever your size is without heels and go up from there. On the other hand, if you really want to make a splash then you could just wear some skinny jeans with those heels. Like Shyheels pointed out it would save the tailoring. HinH

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

KneeBooted,

My experience has been that I wear a size 14 in women's jeans but a 16 is good for 4-5"/10-12cm heels whereas a size 18 is better for heels higher than that. You may want to follow suit using whatever your size is without heels and go up from there. On the other hand, if you really want to make a splash then you could just wear some skinny jeans with those heels. Like Shyheels pointed out it would save the tailoring. HinH

I would tend to agree that going up a pant size in the same “length” would add a little to the inseam. The downside though is that the size 12 long jeans I have don’t fit well in the waist area. I would wear skinny jeans with my Nine West boots that are very similar to these, but this particular trip/excursion is an experiment in getting through TSA precheck without taking off my boots. The Steve Madden are pull on, and look a little bulky over skinny jeans.

1 hour ago, p1ng74 said:

It’s a pair of jeans - try just folding the hem up.  The “cuffed” look is supposedly hip nowadays.

Yeah, I see that being a trend, but I don’t think that’s one I’ll ever be able to get behind. I don’t know why but to me the folded cuff look always appears a tad bit sloppy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

Haha! I texted my friend a picture and that was her reaction as well! “You just need higher heels!” 

Great minds think alike.

 

8 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

KneeBooted,

My experience has been that I wear a size 14 in women's jeans but a 16 is good for 4-5"/10-12cm heels whereas a size 18 is better for heels higher than that. You may want to follow suit using whatever your size is without heels and go up from there. On the other hand, if you really want to make a splash then you could just wear some skinny jeans with those heels. Like Shyheels pointed out it would save the tailoring. HinH

Its not that easy. My size 10 are slipping off my waist, so I am back to size 8 or men's 31/32. Look for TALL versions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, the blessing that is foot cushions!

So as I was prepping over this weekend for tomorrow’s trip, one thing I kept noticing is that while no muscles were hurting from prolonged wear of my new boots, the balls of my feet did tend to feel a little sore after a few hours in them.

Now by default, I would’ve tried to power through it, which in the long run would be a bad idea I’m sure. So on Sunday I was at Walgreens getting some ‘sick’ medicine, aka cough drops because I’m an idiot and don’t properly medicate when I get the flu or a cold. I decided I would look and around and came across the Dr. Scholl’s ball of foot inserts. They are a gel cushion and in the package they feel amazing.

So I bought them and came home to try them out. Now being pull-on boots, it wasn’t the easiest to set them in and once I got them to where the ball of my foot didn’t feel any pain, the top of the foot felt pressure against the boot, which ended up being worse than the ball of foot pain in my opinion.

But being a trooper I decided I would mess with them again a bit tonight and I think I found the sweet spot! Now I won’t know for sure until after tomorrow’s travels, but I will be sure to report back. Early impressions are that these were well worth the investment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Take Zinc and Vitamin C.....    Seems to work fairly well with me.  Hope ya feel mo bettah.....  

You heading back to CA??    have fun....   sf

  • Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Link to post
Share on other sites

K-B,

Cali is right I forgot to mention the tall aspect of the sizes. There is a noticeable difference between say a size 16 short and a 16 tall. I forgot which way you were travelling; east to KY for Thanksgiving or back to CA. Safe travels and smooth sailing through TSA. HinH

Link to post
Share on other sites

So @p1ng74 I didn’t mean to hijack the other thread. I will continue my journey here, and start off by saying 4” heels are definitely different than 3.75” heels. I have walked in them in the airport now, and I have had to pay more attention walking as the floor here at SJC is a little on the slick side. I have not fallen, but I did have a boot slip a little when I was walking. Even with the ball of foot cushions, I am noticing the balls are hurting a tiny bit, but the good news is that I don’t stand while flying lol!

So my flight got delayed, still had to take my boots off at pre-check, which having zippers would be better than having to pull on or off.

But I got a coffee, letting my feet rest, and people watching. It’s weird, I’ve had a couple of people definitely take notice and talk amongst themselves, but no one has approached me. By default I want it to be accepted and considered the norm, but sometimes you hope for a compliment because that helps build confidence.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, KneeBooted said:

So @p1ng74 I didn’t mean to hijack the other thread. I will continue my journey here, and start off by saying 4” heels are definitely different than 3.75” heels. I have walked in them in the airport now, and I have had to pay more attention walking as the floor here at SJC is a little on the slick side. I have not fallen, but I did have a boot slip a little when I was walking. Even with the ball of foot cushions, I am noticing the balls are hurting a tiny bit, but the good news is that I don’t stand while flying lol!

So my flight got delayed, still had to take my boots off at pre-check, which having zippers would be better than having to pull on or off.

But I got a coffee, letting my feet rest, and people watching. It’s weird, I’ve had a couple of people definitely take notice and talk amongst themselves, but no one has approached me. By default I want it to be accepted and considered the norm, but sometimes you hope for a compliment because that helps build confidence.

I hear ya buddy, we can all stand a compliment now and again....Keep in mind that guys like you are doing the hard pioneering work so that most other guys can wear great looking boots someday as if they were wearing Nikes.   Thanks for that, and sorry about the AA delay, hope you make your connection...........D

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

I hear ya buddy, we can all stand a compliment now and again....Keep in mind that guys like you are doing the hard pioneering work so that most other guys can wear great looking boots someday as if they were wearing Nikes.   Thanks for that, and sorry about the AA delay, hope you make your connection...........D

I hate to say it, but I think after this, I may just focus on my Nine West boots. I did however this time put my boots in the little dish bins they have for watches, etc. That is all they have here at this airport unfortunately. While this time I did not get selected for a random pat down, I did not think about the fact that my toiletry bag had a full-size tube of toothpaste that caused the TSA guy to dig it out. Now that doesn’t necessarily bother me, but I won’t lie that I was more embarrassed thinking about him potentially seeing my underwear(I wear women’s) than I was with people seeing me in my boots.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, KneeBooted said:

I hate to say it, but I think after this, I may just focus on my Nine West boots. I did however this time put my boots in the little dish bins they have for watches, etc. That is all they have here at this airport unfortunately. While this time I did not get selected for a random pat down, I did not think about the fact that my toiletry bag had a full-size tube of toothpaste that caused the TSA guy to dig it out. Now that doesn’t necessarily bother me, but I won’t lie that I was more embarrassed thinking about him potentially seeing my underwear(I wear women’s) than I was with people seeing me in my boots.

Seeing your underwear would be one of the highlites of the TSA guys day for sure buddy....I remember having a TSA guy ask me:  "is this your bag?"  after it passed through the xray with two extra pairs of boot inside....I just smiled and said:  "it sure is"....He seemed speechless, and I felt kind of good about that....

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KneeBooted said:

So @p1ng74 I didn’t mean to hijack the other thread. I will continue my journey here, and start off by saying 4” heels are definitely different than 3.75” heels. I have walked in them in the airport now, and I have had to pay more attention walking as the floor here at SJC is a little on the slick side. I have not fallen, but I did have a boot slip a little when I was walking. Even with the ball of foot cushions, I am noticing the balls are hurting a tiny bit, but the good news is that I don’t stand while flying lol!

So my flight got delayed, still had to take my boots off at pre-check, which having zippers would be better than having to pull on or off.

But I got a coffee, letting my feet rest, and people watching. It’s weird, I’ve had a couple of people definitely take notice and talk amongst themselves, but no one has approached me. By default I want it to be accepted and considered the norm, but sometimes you hope for a compliment because that helps build confidence.

I find the difference between 3.5 and 4” surprisingly significant too.  As a new heel wearer, my instincts gravitated towards throwing all the weight on the balls of the feet and that area definitely felt it after two long days.  I finally got enough confidence and ankle strength to shift the weight back to the heel a little more and take the weight off the ball of the feet.  You’ll get the hang of it, and it’s very satisfying!

I have been through airports, offices, restaurants, bars, malls, and even given presentations, and not a single person has said anything good or bad about wearing heels.  For me that has been a confidence builder by itself, and I figure I probably won’t get a compliment in person unless I meet someone from this forum one day :)  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

I find the difference between 3.5 and 4” surprisingly significant too.  As a new heel wearer, my instincts gravitated towards throwing all the weight on the balls of the feet and that area definitely felt it after two long days.  I finally got enough confidence and ankle strength to shift the weight back to the heel a little more and take the weight off the ball of the feet.  You’ll get the hang of it, and it’s very satisfying!

I have been through airports, offices, restaurants, bars, malls, and even given presentations, and not a single person has said anything good or bad about wearing heels.  For me that has been a confidence builder by itself, and I figure I probably won’t get a compliment in person unless I meet someone from this forum one day :)  

Hope I get the chance to compliment you in person soon buddy

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Take a slow stroll thru Terminal A. Stop and have coffee/wine tasting/ etc. along the way. People watch. See if you can find another man in heels.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they are comfortable just keep them on. When I was taking conference calls all day in AUS I directed my attention toward the terminal to watch and listen for others in heels.  Or you can look the other direction and watch the planes.  Even in a small airport, I have gotten good at distinguishing between an A319, A320, A321, 737-800 vs 900...

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I’ve always been able to enjoy my time in airport lounges. It can be quite fun watch the travelling public mill around you...

Yeah people watching is the best....Often wonder why folks chose to join one of the clubs, they are missing out....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.