Trying Something New.

boots747

After spending many years lurking in the shadows and learning from others, that the only gremlins stopping me from wear boots out in public was in my head.

Since I was working out of town I decided it was time to try something new. When I finish work, I changed into my dark blue jeggings from New York and Company and Nine West brown riding boots. I keeping on my plaid blue dress shirt with it untucked.

I located a local outlet mall and my adventure started, upon pulling into the parking lot, I sat in the car for about five minutes. Not wanting to let the gremlins in my head get the best of me I finally jumped out the car and headed towards the stores. I soon had to pass a couple walking towards me, as I walk by nothing was said and I didn't get any strange looks, this boosted my confidence.

I walked around the mall for about 10 minutes and it seem like no one notice me or care how I was dressed. I finally went into a Naturalizer store, I was lucky the store was empty. The manager soon asked me if I needed any help. I told her I was just looking, she then said to me I like your outfit, where did you get your boots? I told her they were from Nine West. my confidence level was in an all time high.

That's great boots747, not just that everyone you encountered was comfortable with you, but that you felt comfortable with yourself too. It sounds like you looked very stylish, especially to get a compliment on your first time out. Well done for taking that first step.

If you like it, wear it.

I love it when people discover it for themselves: "I went out in heels, nothing happened, I had fun, and my confidence went up!" It gets easier each time. Pretty soon, you'll be disappointed when people DON'T notice your heels!

Keep up the good work. We can preach all we want that public heeling is ok, but when you discover it for yourself, that's what really counts!

Steve

Way to go boots747! Thank you for having the will to wear heels in public and then actually going out. Just the experience alone is exhilarating and you have implemented your freedom to choose what is your right to wear due to your desire. This is how our personal right to adorn our own personage was originally intended. Then society through its greedy status and class systems took away this basic right. No other person knows better then the individual as to what and how their personal choices can be realized to their own desired satisfaction. It is ironic that society seems to abhors bullying and then dictates what we can choose to wear for our public appearances. As young people strive to become mature, they are often seen to rebel at society's standards and rules because it limits or dictates their right to make personal choices. Then as time moves on, they are forced in compliance to these traditional mind-sets in order to quote "socially succeed", when actually it has stifled creative awareness and being open-minded. So by choosing to wear heels in public, you are executing your right of personal choice, which should have happened without all the social and personal concerns.

boots747: Well done, my friend. Well done! You see? You were able to wear what you wanted, where you wanted, and the world didn't come to a crashing halt. As a veteran of this board, I've said for years that ninety-nine percent of the people you encounter are too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to worry or care about a man wearing women's shoes. As long as you exude confidence, just about anything is possible. And now that you've got that all important first outing under your belt, and you had fun, it only gets easier from there. Good luck to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Well, my only thought on reading this was, were you actually wearing heels?  You mention Nine West "riding boots".  Riding style boots tend to be flat heels.  Were those, in fact, heels, or was it just the combo of the jeggings and flat knee high boots that you were wearing?

Well, my only thought on reading this was, were you actually wearing heels?  You mention Nine West "riding boots".  Riding style boots tend to be flat heels.  Were those, in fact, heels, or was it just the combo of the jeggings and flat knee high boots that you were wearing?

Well, women's riding boots and jeggings are still a fairly bold fashion statement.  We shouldn't diminish his accomplishment even if it was not technically high heels  :)

Well, women's riding boots and jeggings are still a fairly bold fashion statement.  We shouldn't diminish his accomplishment even if it was not technically high heels  :)

Agreed - - It's not often you encounter another guy in Jeggings, and to add anything on your feet other than sneakers is 2 points in the right direction - - at least from our standpoint.

boots747,

Well I will not split hairs (or heels either) in this matter. The point is you wore something different and had a nice outing ON YOUR TERMS and that's what boosted your confidence which is the fuel that makes that creative mind roar. Another milepost achieved on life's great journey! Keep it up and let us know what new frontier you cross next. Thanks for sharing.   HappyinHeels

RonC,

You are right about them not being high heels. I did have a pair of tall black Nine West boots with a 3 inch heel with me. My plan was to test the waters with at Riding boot and then go back to the car and change into the other boot. I lost track of time and by the time I was finished dinner the stores in the mall were closing. Next time I will only take the tall boot with the heel.

Wasn't meant to be taken as a negative, I was just curious as to if they were heels or not.  Wearing what you describe is well beyond my level to begin with, much less with heels as well, so kudos to you, sir!  (and boy, would I NOT look good in a pair of jegginhs...lol)