Leg Shaving

Nate

Hi Everyone. I'm pretty new here, and wouldn't mind posing a question for everyone. I'm a pretty big fan of high-heels, and I wear them around the house all the time, and in all honesty, generally with nylons. I suppose my question is, then, just what is everyonce preference in leg-hair while they're wearing high heels? I've alwaays been of the firm opinion that a smooth, shaved leg is much more comfortable. (This tends to coincide with my wearing nylons with my heels too -- theres something about the way nylons smoosh my leg-hair all up that I don't quite care for. :D) I guess the only reason I'm asking is that I'm mostly straight (A little bi-curious, but have never had an experience to that effect). It just seems that most straight guys prefer to date women that keep their legs nicely shaved. I'd be very curious and intersted to hear (read) what other high-heel wearing guys do about their leg hair? On another note, I can't possibly express the relief and self confidence I feel when I come across forums like these where I can express these things without fear. A many thanks to all of you open-minded people. -Nate (Inland Northwest, USA)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really care about mine. As I wear boots, socks and trousers not pumps and tights, it never seems to make any difference. I don't like loads of shaggy hair though, so every so often I may shave it, trim it, or wax it. I don't see any big deal in it either way, but I know some people have stronger opinions.

this issue has come up recently with me and my girlfriend. i had no intentions of shaving my legs, but the summer is upcoming and the discussion of some sandals has arisen, leaving the discussion of shaving legs too. I cant really have hairly legs with sandas, that wouldnt look too pretty, on the other hand, i think the lads might have a bit of a giggle about it,. still deciding....

It really is no big deal. Swimmers and cyclists all do it. My guess is that it is one of these things that people just get used to see you with. Some guys have hair on their chest, some don't. If you think people are going to laugh when they see shaved leggs, what do you think they will do when they see hair on your feet and lower legs when wearing open sandals

I did not start shaving my legs until I added skirts and pantyhose to my crossdressing. The feeling I get wearing pantyhose on freshly shaved legs was so pleasurable it was well worth the effort.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

My legs are covered in thick black hair. I used to feel very self-conscious in shorts, I got so fed up with people making funny remarks about them that one day I shaved the lot off. Since then I have not looked back. The cool satin lining of a straight skirt feels wonderful on freshly shaved legs. The only drawback is that I have to shave my legs twice a day to keep them smooth. Once you start shaving your legs you have to do it once a day or they will feel very prickly and itchy if you leave it too long, but I would hate to have hairy legs again.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

Talking about women shaving their legs. When I was last in Russia I noticed that a lot a smartly dressed Russian women do not shave their legs. One young woman I saw on the underground was very expensively dressed in a leather skirt suit and a fir coat. Her make-up was immaculate, she looked like a model. She was wearing a pair of 4" heel black patent court shoes, she had great legs but under her nylons you could see that they were covered in black hair. I thought it looked strangely sexy on such an attractive woman.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

We have already had quite a long chat on this.

Put 'shaved legs' into the search engine for more info.

Xa

Xaphod, this is no slight on you a bit, chap!

Nevertheless, a point needs to be addressed.

Despite the fact that many old-timers may have thoroughly dissected this issue, that just doesn't suffice for newer members. It's not enough to read other's posts.

Part of the process of self-discovery involves two-way communication. It's important for those of us who are newer to go through the same revelations that you and the old-timers went through.

If it's boring - skip to another topic.

But please allow others the same freedom to post their experiences, as did you when you were one of the newer members.

Again, Xaphod, this is not directed at you. But I've noticed the trend among members with more time on a board to disdain newer folks going through similar discoveries. This is common among all boards. Nevertheless, for an issue as potentially delicate in our society as men wearing heels, please help by allowing others the same freedom to post their own revelations that you enjoyed when you were in their shoes.

Thank you, and apologies in advance if I've offended anyone!

As a swimmer in high school (400m relay), I never shaved my legs. But as an amateur bicyclist in college, I did. After the third time, my girlfriend introduced me to Nair. Since then, I rarely go hairless. About the only time I borrow the wife's bottle is when she makes me, as in the four times in the last two years she got the hankering to force me to wear what I wear around the house out in public. Generally speaking, it's little more than a comfortable skirt and a pair of sandals, and almost invariably in the summertime. She'll start by putting the bottle of Nair next to my shampoo in the shower - often right in front of it. Although I "wonder what's next," I know what's coming. She'll lay out a pair of medium (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 inch) heeled sandals of modest taste, along with one of my more favorite, full-length skirts. It's up to me to complete the picture. After nixing the hair, I usually use her Neroli detangler on my hair, followed by a brief stint with her makeup case applying a touch of shadow, liner, etc. Not enough to show - just enough to make a slight difference, one that says "hmmm....???" instead of "it's a guy." I follow that with one of my favorite shirts from either International Male or Nordstroms (usually a front lace-up), then often a very subdued polish, such as Revlon's 450 (glow light) and topcoat. After that, she comes in and gives my hair a few twirls, and we're off. The only reason I can pull this off is because of a problem of unknown origen whereby I, for the most part, skipped puberty. About the only looks I get when I go out like this are from the few guys who're more interested in trying to find upper-level curves than brains. Strangely enough, although I feel perfectly comfortable wearing a skirt and heels at home around family, I'm still very uncomfortable wearing them in public. Doing a touch of cross-dress alleviates my discomfort considerably, even though personally, I more or less disdain the idea of trying to "pass." I'm male, and like it, and would much rather society change to allow people to dress in whatever clothes and shoes they so desire. But hey - that's just me...

Shaving is a big 10/4! Have you ever considered waxing? Once you wax you never go bax. :D OK-It was a lame pun! Don't hate me! Ciao! Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

I don't think Xa was trying to stifle new discusion on the subject, merely suggesting that you use the existing thread. It's a sentiment I agree with because otherwise the board gets into a mess. I'm actually guilty too because I forgot about the other one.

Wow, Gene - you've got the dream life as far as I'm concerned! Your wife making you go out as a woman... that's amazing. That's one of my ultimate fantasies! How can I find a woman who will do that with me? :D

As a swimmer in high school (400m relay), I never shaved my legs. But as an amateur bicyclist in college, I did. After the third time, my girlfriend introduced me to Nair.

Since then, I rarely go hairless. About the only time I borrow the wife's bottle is when she makes me, as in the four times in the last two years she got the hankering to force me to wear what I wear around the house out in public.

Generally speaking, it's little more than a comfortable skirt and a pair of sandals, and almost invariably in the summertime.

She'll start by putting the bottle of Nair next to my shampoo in the shower - often right in front of it. Although I "wonder what's next," I know what's coming. She'll lay out a pair of medium (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 inch) heeled sandals of modest taste, along with one of my more favorite, full-length skirts.

It's up to me to complete the picture.

After nixing the hair, I usually use her Neroli detangler on my hair, followed by a brief stint with her makeup case applying a touch of shadow, liner, etc. Not enough to show - just enough to make a slight difference, one that says "hmmm....???" instead of "it's a guy."

I follow that with one of my favorite shirts from either International Male or Nordstroms (usually a front lace-up), then often a very subdued polish, such as Revlon's 450 (glow light) and topcoat.

After that, she comes in and gives my hair a few twirls, and we're off. The only reason I can pull this off is because of a problem of unknown origen whereby I, for the most part, skipped puberty. About the only looks I get when I go out like this are from the few guys who're more interested in trying to find upper-level curves than brains.

Strangely enough, although I feel perfectly comfortable wearing a skirt and heels at home around family, I'm still very uncomfortable wearing them in public. Doing a touch of cross-dress alleviates my discomfort considerably, even though personally, I more or less disdain the idea of trying to "pass."

I'm male, and like it, and would much rather society change to allow people to dress in whatever clothes and shoes they so desire.

But hey - that's just me...

"No matter what they say"

Sorry if you got the wrong idea. All I hoped to do was to point you in the direction of information already residing on the board. Cynical invective I reserve for the political discussions. Xa

Shaving is a big 10/4!

Have you ever considered waxing? Once you wax you never go bax. :D

OK-It was a lame pun!

Don't hate me!

Ciao!

Anita C.

Groan... :(

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

shaving your legs is far to fussy for me. Since I never wear stocking with shorts (always trousers with stockings), hair free legs aren't a problem. And, with T-shirts and shorts, always bare feet and sandals. No problem with moderately hairy legs.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Wow, Gene - you've got the dream life as far as I'm concerned! Your wife making you go out as a woman... that's amazing. That's one of my ultimate fantasies! How can I find a woman who will do that with me? :D

It's not quite like that... The vast majority of the time (99 times out of 100), I go out as a guy - as I prefer! Once or twice a year, though, she gets this wild hair about seeing how others will react if the guy she's with (me) is, well, fairly non-descript with respect to sexual identity. Most of the time it's jeans or slacks, not a skirt (only been two or three times in a skirt).

She has fun with it - I go along.

But again, it's rare, as we both prefer. I really don't like attracting attention or trying to "make a statement."

I do wish, however, that the general public would adopt an "ok" attitude towards men's styles. Right now, a man in a skirt attracts far too much attention for my tastes, yet I prefer wearing them (and do most of the time at home) because they're so comfortable.

I have to give a positive vote to leg shaving too. The feeling of smooth, hairless legs is incredible, especially when in bed next to the wife!! To take it a step further, shaving the genital area is another plus!!!! Get out the razors guys! One tip though, don't use the same razor on your face that you used on the legs. Plats :D

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Well my wife cares... So I don't shave my legs, although I would definitely perfer to. Part of a marriage is the ability to make compromises, and one of those is that the only parts of my body that I shave are my face and rather more rarely my underarms. My wife prefers hairy chests and legs. I have to admit it's a lot less of a fuss. Before I started dating the woman who is now my wife, I would shave all over (except for the long metalhead hair) with some regularity.

the truth shall make you fret

I shave my legs, armes, chest, and down there as well. Once people see it for a year and know that you do it they never seem to notice. I've had women want to know how I do it without raver burn or bumps. It works for me and I'm 100% straight.

I always shave my armpits and this with the acceptance of the dragon. She says that they smell less when shaved; It's a shame one's legs and arms don't perspire or I could do them as well. Push the boundaries and enlarge the envelope!

I didn't like the sensation when I tried shaving my legs. Once I tried shaving off all of my pubic hair and it was very uncomfortable when it started to grow back. Kathy trims me every two weeks or so because I complained that it hurt when the hairs got caught in things.

Michael

I guess I'm fortunate in that my leg hair is virtually nonexistent, so I don't have to worry about shaving. But, if that wasn't the case, I probably would shave, or employ some alternate method since I wear hosiery at the office every day. :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 weeks later...

I did not start shaving my legs until I added skirts and pantyhose to my crossdressing. The feeling I get wearing pantyhose on freshly shaved legs was so pleasurable it was well worth the effort.

I'm inclined to agree -- I've been wearing pantyhose for years, and it was a complete breath of fresh air to me to combine it with shaved legs. While it does make me feel a little bit more feminine, I'm still not quite convinced that a "feminine" look is really what I'm after, despite the fact that it does arouse me a fair bit

-Nate