Leg Shaving

Nate

http://www.tria.co.uk/

I bought one of those about 6 months ago.

I was so sick of having scratchy legs and so put off by the idea of throwing money at professional lazer treatments.

I've been using it for half an hour here and there while watching TV and it's really working, slowly but surely.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been shaving again for nearly 5 months, having decided that having legs hairer than your average monkey didn't look/feel right with heels. Tried one of these a couple of weeks ago, and haven'y been near a razor since.

First go was not very pleasant, but top-ups are significantly easier, and significantly less frequent than shaving. Comes highly recommended, especially if you need to shave daily, as I did.

Thanks Freddy, I am going to have to try an epilator. :thumbsup:

I would be tempted to try the Tria hand held laser that Amanda uses, but that price is pretty steep for me. What I've used in the past, is a facial hair trimmer to make my hair really short (1/8-1/4") over all of my body, this is not itchy, it avoids known stubble regrowth issues related to body shaving, I don't have to do it as often, and doesn't look too obvious that I am "almost" shaving. More recently I started to use a body groomer, to get a closer, more consistent trim, and so far it works very well. However, the epilator sounds interesting and is very affordable, well worth a shot at least.

Hey Nate alot of girls Really, Really enjoy their guys shaven from the waist down as it has become more mainstream and the ultimate fashion statement!!! My new Girlfriend thinks it is SEXY as hell especially when we are intimate!!!

Hey Nate alot of girls Really, Really enjoy their guys shaven from the waist down as it has become more mainstream and the ultimate fashion statement!!! My new Girlfriend thinks it is SEXY as hell especially when we are intimate!!!

Would you announce this to strangers in your local high street?

Anybody else think parts of this thread are going a bit erm, too personal?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

...also have any of the guys tried NAIR for men? does it work.

I tried the Nair For Men but found it too harsh, and didn't really work that well. However, I use VEET, which works quite well. They have two varieties - one you slather on with your hand, wait about 3 minutes and then scrape off with a plastic/silicon "shaver" thingie, and the other you slather on using a provided sponge, wait about 3 minutes, then rub it off using the back side of the same sponge. Both work quite well for me, and smell nice as well.

My legs end up really smooth, and no stubble after a few days, unlike a razor...

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been experimenting with shaving this summer. It helps to cope with the humidity, is cleaner, and looks better for heels too. I tried NAIR and VEET, but the results were poor for me.

Today for the first time, I had my legs waxed at Silk Day Spa off Fifth Avenue and West 13th.

They made a Full Leg Wax a luxurious experience, I can only imagine how they make you feel with their other services like massages and facials. I was immediately offered a glass of cucumber water while I filled out my profile form. Then I was given a key, some sandals, and a robe and told to meet my aesthetician in the lounge. The place was spotless. Soon thereafter, my aesthetician (wearing gloves) worked on my legs with her skilled and undivided attention. She used some hot supposedly high end honey wax and stripped off in the direction of hair growth, she tweezed off any remaining hairs one by one under a movable spot light similar to the ones they use at a dentist, and she concluded by lathering my legs with a rich vitamin/aloe mix that left my legs feeling cool and chilled like a cucumber in a bed of ice.

In sum, it was 90 minutes of luxuriant leg waxing that was virtually painless, someone else skillfully removed hair better than I could ever do with a razor or epilator, and someone else cleaned up the mess. As well, I don't have to shave for the next 4-5 weeks, so it actually saves time for me too.

Total Cost? $93 plus $20 gratuity. Not a bad deal.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 2 weeks later...

I was curious. do any of you all shave your legs? I've been seriously considering starting it, but want to know about any experiences/reactions about it. I started thinking about it when I wanted to buy some knee-high stockings to wear when trying on heels. anyone with advice?

Been shaving mine since last October. No one notices at all. In fact, I have started watching and I see lots of men with shaved legs. Be careful at first. You can razor burn your legs if you aren't careful. Only pass the razor over them once. Over time, they will adjust to it and you will get a smooth result. Cassie

• 1 month later...

I've been shaving again for nearly 5 months, having decided that having legs hairer than your average monkey didn't look/feel right with heels. Tried one of these a couple of weeks ago, and haven'y been near a razor since.

First go was not very pleasant, but top-ups are significantly easier, and significantly less frequent than shaving. Comes highly recommended, especially if you need to shave daily, as I did.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Had to follow up on this one... I finally got an epilator a few weeks after I saw freddy's post (I was previously shaving and was excited at the concept of not shaving). So ya, the first round is pretty tough, I actually had to break it down into sections, as some parts of the body are much easier to epilate than others, but over the span of about 3-4 days (in short sessions), I got everything done.

I really love the results, I am pretty excited about not having to worry about body hair for a month, and I am thinking the next cycle on this will go much easier and the hair will be much finer when it finally comes back too. Should be able to do follow ups in a single shot now.:smile:

That's so right. I always say that one who shaved his legs, or other body parts, just once - will never look back. I've been shaving my entire body [well, apart from head] for over a year, and it's so addictive that I feel uncomfortable after a week.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

• 2 weeks later...

Shaved my legs for the first time a few months ago....EVERYTHING feels different; from wearing jeans, to just laying in bed to a brisk breeze hitting them. I guess women are so used to it, but for someone that had hair for 30years....what a world of difference.

Recently, I've stopped shaving my legs, because I wanted to try depilation. It's a painful pleasure, especially when you use an electric epilator [my mother has one, and hadn't been using it for many years...], and it takes more time than shaving - but not having to shave your legs every week is well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
Elegant, to do a little take off on your post, I shave everything except my back as I can't reach it! If I could, that would be next. So either I get that waxed or once in a while, my wife will shave it for me.

It's all about the heel!

I usually shave my legs (and everywhere else as I'm very hairy except for my head :winkiss: ) when we go on holiday to naturist beaches. Some time ago I bought an epilator and tried it on my upper arms but found it far too painful so gave up in disgust. However, following reading posts here, last night I decided I'd try it on my legs and surprise, found it not too bad. From what I read epilation lasts a lot longer than shaving so I'm very hopeful and will try the rest later.

Same here jojo, just started epilating about 2 months ago, at first was discouraged by the pain, but was determined to get through it to make sure I wanted to do it or abandon it. Well, completed most of my body below the neck over about a week timeframe and took me about 5 one hour sessions in all to get it done. Thankfully my back has very little hair, so I dont need to hit back there thank goodness. I also leave hair on my arms (and now will do it seasonally on the legs, so I don't look too feminine in shorts in the summer) Follow up sessions are easier and much quicker, the hairs grow back slower and unevenly (some grow back nearly as fast as after a shave, while others take much longer to grow back). Anyway, I need to do light followups about once a week so far and its pretty quick to do the follow up, about 30 minutes or less. Yes, it seems once you start you are "stuck" with it pretty much, or perhaps addicted to it may be more accurate. Anyway, the feeling of completely smooth skin all over the body is incredible. Women have had this wonderful secret to themselves for far too long :winkiss:

Wow...... Last night (about two hours ago), as I was soaking in the bath, after shaving my face I did the most incredible thing :nervous: I went for it, I shaved my legs and oh my god, it was the most amazing feeling in the world. It did not stop there either, I even did my chest too. As all the hair came off I thought about the potential consequences of my actions, for example sports such as running and swimming and how my wife will react to it. But the more I shaved the less I cared about all that. The more I continued the more fantastic my legs looked and felt. Having done it, I definitely have no regrets and it will no doubt take my heel wearing to another level. I only pray that the wife doesn't find it repulsive. Will find out soon lol. Patentheel :winkiss:

I agree that it's a wonderful feeling, but after a few days your hair will grow back and you'll have to shave yourself again. You could also try depilation, don't care about lots of pain you'd experience first - the process will be more pleasant later.

I agree that it's a wonderful feeling, but after a few days your hair will grow back and you'll have to shave yourself again. You could also try depilation, don't care about lots of pain you'd experience first - the process will be more pleasant later.

I already shave my upper legs and have done for a while so the doing them completely whilst a bit of a pain will be worth it!

Anway it is something to do whilst soaking in the bath.

:winkiss:

Wow......

Last night (about two hours ago), as I was soaking in the bath, after shaving my face I did the most incredible thing :)

I went for it, I shaved my legs and oh my god, it was the most amazing feeling in the world. It did not stop there either, I even did my chest too.

I only pray that the wife doesn't find it repulsive.

Patentheel :winkiss:

Wow Patent, with some of the earlier shots of your legs, I never would have guessed that you didn't shave your legs. I guess you were just wearing some thick skin color tights in those photos? Well, still they look great anyway, and shoot if you are now shaving, those photos are only going to get better... :nervous:

For me, it has been a hard pill for the wife to swallow, but she now accepts it, still seems a bit uneasy about it at times, but she isn't freaking out about it anymore. Well, if your wife initially does freak out, give it time, she may come around. Hopefully... :sad:

i love shaving my legs and i keep my chest shaved and other parts also , the only part i dont shave is my arms cause the hair there is light blonde so you cant tell much bout it. i love the feelings under jeans or when im wearing stockings with shaved legs.

• 3 weeks later...

I shave my legs in the shower. I angle the shower head at the shaving area and shave away. No soap or cream needed and I keep the water flowing on my leg while shaving. Works every time.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

Hello everyone. This is my first post here. Just last week I shaved my legs. 2 days later I shaved everything from the neck down. When the weather turns cold enough, I shave everything, then in the early spring I stop shaving. By the time summer arrives it's grown back and no one's the wiser.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally managed to tell the wife that i'd shaved my legs and chest.

She doesn't mind me shaving my legs, but she wasn't happy about me shaving my chest.

I said i'll let it grow back, but i probably wont.

Progress report......

Still shaving the legs but I backed down and stopped shaving the chest lol.