My First Ever Post -- Thigh High Boots

morningsend

Hey everyone I registered on here a few months ago. I have read many people's stories about times when they wore high heels. Every time I read a story of someone wearing their favourite shoes in public that I think to myself, "WOW, did he do that?" Today I am going to talk a bit about myself. I am also sharing some photos of myself wearing thigh high boots.

I think its really nice to read about other people's story in heels. My story began when I first tried on pair of my mums high heels shoes. One day I was off from school and was alone at home. Then I remembered a pair new pair of shoes she had bought which I saw her trying on a few days ago. I though she looked particularly attractive in them and that motivated me to try them on and see how I would look. I was hearing a loud voice in my head, urging me: "Do it. do it, do it!". I must have been 9 or 10 at the time. It felt really nice when I put them on. I could not walk comfortably though as they were too big for my feet.

Brain must have been permanently wired from that incident to think that men wearing high heels is normal. There was too little male presence around me when I was young, since I did not see my dad very much until I was 5. I would probably see him once or twice a year. He was studying for his degree in another city hundreds of miles away. As a result I spent most of my early years around my mum. I would walk around the house in her shoes, eventually my feet would grow too big to fit into them.

As I got older I attended school like other kids. I finished university at age 20 and started working. From time to time would spend £20 on a new pair of shoes. I still remember the first time I went into a shop and bought a pair of patent court shoes. It is the first pair of my own. Right now I have about 15 pairs. The place I buy high heels is from ebay. Too scared to go into a high street fashion store and ask to try a pair of black patent court, 5.5 inch heel, in my size. Recently found a great eBay shop selling leather thigh high boots, and wow, they blew me away. What do you guys think?

My family know about this, and they don't seem to mind very much. My little sister is 7 and she helped me to take the pictures. I am 22.

That's it for now.

Thank you for reading.

post-25391-0-67890800-1404256284_thumb.jpost-25391-0-37414800-1404256310_thumb.jpost-25391-0-99429400-1404256348_thumb.jpost-25391-0-42102300-1404256372_thumb.j

Morningsend

• Like 1

Thanks for posting your story morningsend, it's always nice to read about how others got hooked on heels. Those thigh boots are way taller than what I'd wear, but I like the shape of the heels and you wear them very well.  

Too scared to go into a high street fashion store and ask to try a pair of black patent court, 5.5 inch heel, in my size.

I'd suggest just popping in to stores to browse whenever you can. Be prepared to grab the opportunity to try them of if it arises, but don't expect it to happen, just enjoy browsing. Treat it the same as browsing for running shoes in a sports shop. You should wear an outfit that you'd feel comfortable wearing heels in, even if that's just jeans and a tshirt, whatever puts you most at ease. Put yourself in the situation enough times and when you're ready to try them on, you will. The staff at shoe shops tend to be way cooler about guys in heels than you'd imagine.

Please do tell us about that first time you went into a shop and bought your own first heels, and about your other 15 pairs of heels.

If you like it, wear it.

hi crotchhiguy, thank you for the compliment. Those boots are size EU42 or UK8/9 and they are made by Gianrico Mori. It is an italian company. My shoe size is uk7. Do you happen to be into thigh high boots as well? your username is good. It speaks to the world about your passion for thigh high boots loud and clear.

Hi SleekHeels, thanks for your advice. I browse shoe shops every time I go out, almost like a routine for me. I like to visit Aldo, Office and House of Fraser. They make very classy shoes. Do you actually try the shoes in store? What is your latest addition? 

My first time buying was a chain of small acts.  I went to a store called Dunnes and saw a pair of shoes I liked, and being on week day, customers were few. but the first time I was scared and stood by shelf, paralyzed when the thoughts about picking them up and walking to the till. I then went back a few days later. Gained some more courage and actually tried them when no one was looking. I put them back on to the shelf and walked away. I then went back a final time and went straight to the shelf, pick the shoes up, and paid for it at the till. and that was the end.

How do you feel when you step out with heels on and knowing fully that everyone who sees you notices your choice of style and there is no hiding it? How do you make up your mind about it? About doing what you want to do regardless?

hi crotchhiguy, thank you for the compliment. Those boots are size EU42 or UK8/9 and they are made by Gianrico Mori. It is an italian company. My shoe size is uk7.

If you wear UK 7 or even UK 8 then you are very lucky - you will have plenty of opportunities in future to buy again and again new shoes. These boots are smoking hot and it's good that you wear them so comfortably.

Living in the UK and buying such heels is still much easier than in the Central Europe - people in the Western Europe care less about what other people wear. Here in Poland, it's a bit more tricky because you won't find anything in stores which is beyond EU 40 (UK 7) and the female salesmen won't be that supportive and professional in their behaviour. Everybody will stare at you and trying to stop laughing when you try the shoes on.

But anyway, great shoes and please send more photos with other pairs so that we can send more compliments on your taste ;-)

I browse shoe shops every time I go out, almost like a routine for me. I like to visit Aldo, Office and House of Fraser. They make very classy shoes. Do you actually try the shoes in store? What is your latest addition?

These days I never buy a pair of heels without trying them on first, mostly at self-service stores but also occasionally at a store with a sales assistant, and it's never a problem. It sounds like you're already pretty comfortable in that environment and you're really close to making a breakthrough - just do it one day, I'd be amazed if they did anything other than treat you as a regular customer. I don't know about House of Fraser, but in my experience the staff at Aldo and Office are pretty cool. My latest purchase was a pair of beige patent courts from Primark, I couldn't resist going back for them after buying the same style in black and red last week.

How do you feel when you step out with heels on and knowing fully that everyone who sees you notices your choice of style and there is no hiding it? How do you make up your mind about it? About doing what you want to do regardless?

It's funny, before you do it for the first time you're thinking "what if people notice?" and trying to hide them, but once you've done it a couple of times you end up wondering "why has nobody noticed?" and even feeling a little disappointed that they're not noticing. Of course many people do notice but don't make a big deal out of something so trivial, and the ones who do react tend to be positive with a smile or even a compliment. One thing I would say though, if you wear your heels to places where women wouldn't feel at ease wearing heels, chances are that you won't feel at ease either, that's how I tend to make my mid up about it. Once you've built up a little experience and confidence you can get a bit more adventurous and become a high-heel trailblazer.

If you like it, wear it.

Hi dahool, thank you. I will surely post more pictures. I can imagine what the situation would be like in your country, when you try womens shoes in store. 

Don't know if you have seen video of Kazaky, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p7xWHlCs90. They are a group of men dancing while wearing high heels. I think they are amazing. 
Check out this one too.

Hi Rockpup, thanks for the comments. It's great to get to know everyone who share the interest. I think people on here are awesome.

Hi pebblesf, thank you. 

Hi ilikekicks, thanks. I got my boots from http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Gianrico-Mori. Their ebay stores has a lot of thigh high boots. They price them over £800 but are constantly running aunctions. If you paid attention you can get one at around £150. They do mens sizes up to EU45.

Hi SleekHeels, thank you. I was visiting your latest adventure thread and I think you really push the boundaries. You actually went out fully dressed in a  blouse, skirts and heels. I have a long way to go. When I get the opportunity to be more true to self, I will try to be a that little bit more, and more at ease I will feel if i wear heels in public.  What is true for you in the future may be true for me too.

Hey morningsend,

Welcome to the forum and what a great pair of boots.

You're lucky to have support from your family. I have yet to tell any of my family about my interest in wearing heels, only my SO knows.

I look forward to youre future posts as you gain confidence.

morningsend, Welcome to the site... and especially welcome to another thigh boot wearer. 

I have been wearing thigh boots in public for over ten years (check out Thigh Boots in Public).

That is a great looking pair of boots!

Consider wearing them out sometime.  I've found they make such a strong statement that folks think, "If that's what he want's to wear...go for it."  I am much more comfortable wearing thigh boots out and about than pumps.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Great boots, Morningsend. Don't mind, you will get the nerve to try on the heels you want to by with some time. Confidence comes after a while of trying. Keep it up!

hi demoniaplatforms, thank you for the heads up.

Hi schnubab, thank you. It's good your SO knows. Does she join you in wearing heels? What is her attitude towards it? My parents do not seem to concern themselves too much with me wearing high heels. I think this is because I have kept a low profile. I keep my shoes in my room but I dont hide them. Anyone walking in can see them. They sort of know what is going on but I don't wear high heels openly in the house or dressing up. That could be more they are comfortable with. I have decided to holdoff until I have my own place.

HI thighbootguy, the other day I spent a good hour reading you posts. I admire your style and willingness to be different, for 10 years and going strong.

hi hiheellover23, thank you for the heads-up. My family knows but they don't make much of deal out of it which is good. 

Hi Majo, I appreciate your warm words of encouragement. I am working on becoming more confident and develop my own style in heels. I hope to wear it out to the public and show the world what I have.

My little sister often asks me why I buy high heels, "isn't high heels for girls?". I found that question very hard to answer. I explained to her that it is ok for a guy to buy high heels and wear them if he wants. Now she is part of the team. I would pose in high heels. She plays the photographer. She thinks its fun and we laugh a lot when we do it. We just took some more pictures the other day and here they are:

post-25391-0-31336500-1404960104_thumb.jpost-25391-0-49187600-1404960109_thumb.jpost-25391-0-19935900-1404960115_thumb.jpost-25391-0-86656900-1404960121_thumb.jpost-25391-0-00054000-1404960126_thumb.jpost-25391-0-02731300-1404960132_thumb.jpost-25391-0-37355200-1404960135_thumb.j

Nice boots, skirt, and heels!  It must be nice to have a photographer rather than having to do it yourself.

Your comment, "I have decided to holdoff until I have my own place" may be harder to realize than you expect.  Wearing heels and optionally dressing up can be a demanding pastime. It is often hard to not push the envelope to being more adventuress. Having a younger sister that shares in your pastime and a tolerant family may make it easier to contain yourself, but be ready for the desire to be seen strikes.  Pictures on hhplace is a first step.  I wish you well.

TBG

Wow an hour plowing through my thread :penitent:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Welcome aboard, morningsend! Hope you enjoy HHP! Like Thighbootguy, I'm also something of a devotee of thigh high boots, in fact, he turned me onto them, and I certainly like yours. Also, like TBG, I wear mine out in public, openly and freely, both with skin tight jeans, and the occasional miniskirt, and not once have I ever encountered any bad tidings, in fact, I once had a woman gush over my boots at Best Buy and joked about wanting to take them from me!

When it comes to going out in public wearing women's shoes, the important thing is to act calm and cool, like what you're wearing is no big deal, and when you come to think about it, it isn't. If you display a casual air, people won't pay any attention, it's when you act furtive and nervous is when passersby take an active interest in you, but 99 percent of people you come across never so much as give you the time of day as they're too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to care about a guy wearing heels. The thing is to go out and do it, plain and simple.

I hope to read more from you now that you're a member, and to continue displaying your pictures.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

When it comes to going out in public wearing women's shoes, the important thing is to act calm and cool, like what you're wearing is no big deal, and when you come to think about it, it isn't. If you display a casual air, people won't pay any attention, it's when you act furtive and nervous is when passersby take an active interest in you, but 99 percent of people you come across never so much as give you the time of day as they're too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to care about a guy wearing heels. The thing is to go out and do it, plain and simple.

JeffB is spot on with his advice!  However I take exception to one word: the important thing is to act be calm and cool...  Not many of us are really good actors, you really have to be comfortable with how you are presenting yourself. If you are comfortable, the cool and calm come naturally.

TBG

my thoughts exactly, just show the people who you ARE!! (you dint ASK them if you could wear those really cool thigh boots, or EVEN if THEY liked them; the real point here is that YOU like them, end of subject!)

JeffB is spot on with his advice!  However I take exception to one word: the important thing is to act be calm and cool...  Not many of us are really good actors, you really have to be comfortable with how you are presenting yourself. If you are comfortable, the cool and calm come naturally.

TBG

Quite right, TBG! A much better choice of words! I agree with that wholeheartedly!

hi demoniaplatforms, thank you for the heads up.

Hi schnubab, thank you. It's good your SO knows. Does she join you in wearing heels? What is her attitude towards it? My parents do not seem to concern themselves too much with me wearing high heels. I think this is because I have kept a low profile. I keep my shoes in my room but I dont hide them. Anyone walking in can see them. They sort of know what is going on but I don't wear high heels openly in the house or dressing up. That could be more they are comfortable with. I have decided to holdoff until I have my own place.

HI thighbootguy, the other day I spent a good hour reading you posts. I admire your style and willingness to be different, for 10 years and going strong.

hi hiheellover23, thank you for the heads-up. My family knows but they don't make much of deal out of it which is good. 

Hi Majo, I appreciate your warm words of encouragement. I am working on becoming more confident and develop my own style in heels. I hope to wear it out to the public and show the world what I have.

My little sister often asks me why I buy high heels, "isn't high heels for girls?". I found that question very hard to answer. I explained to her that it is ok for a guy to buy high heels and wear them if he wants. Now she is part of the team. I would pose in high heels. She plays the photographer. She thinks its fun and we laugh a lot when we do it. We just took some more pictures the other day and here they are:

attachicon.gifDSCN0408.JPGattachicon.gifDSCN0409.JPGattachicon.gifDSCN0422.JPGattachicon.gifDSCN0423.JPGattachicon.gifDSCN0424.JPGattachicon.gifDSCN0426.JPGattachicon.gifDSCN0432.JPG

Another great post and a set of pictures. You really have a great taste in choosing the right shoes and boots for you! That's also great you've got such a support in photography ;)

Could you please give us some details about the shoes/boots you were in during this photo session? And, of course, if you have something more, do not hesitate to upload them :)

I'll have some free time with my wife within the next couple of days, so I'm going to ask her to do some heeling together. I hope we'll get some pictures from that activity.

Got myself some new shoes. These are 4 inches killer heels with pointed toe. I find it extremely sexy when I see a girl wear this type of shoe. I used to be obsessed of 5inches platforms, however recently I find in 4 inch heels more attractive. Here are the pictures.

post-25391-0-14983300-1405828245_thumb.jpost-25391-0-63266400-1405828250_thumb.jpost-25391-0-40012500-1405828257_thumb.j

Thighbootguy, you comment rings true for me. I get a strong desire to put on high heels instead of man shoes every time I get out of the house. This little voice says I should do it. I have thought about it, imagined about it, but could not bring myself to act. I want to make it part of daily life, a piece of my everyday casual attire. Do you think it will be easier on the emotions to start with conservative shoes? Say, a pair of 3 inches chucky boots? The heels can be covered with long trousers. Then work gradually to shoes that are higher and obvious.

Hey, JeffB. Thank you for your warm welcome. I took a peek in your gallery and I have to admit you look great in them skirts. 

hi, wedgemao, thank you.

Got myself some new shoes. These are 4 inches killer heels with pointed toe. I find it extremely sexy when I see a girl wear this type of shoe. I used to be obsessed of 5inches platforms, however recently I find in 4 inch heels more attractive. Here are the pictures.

attachicon.gifDSCN0483 copy.jpgattachicon.gifDSCN0484 copy.jpgattachicon.gifDSCN0490 copy.jpg

Thighbootguy, you comment rings true for me. I get a strong desire to put on high heels instead of man shoes every time I get out of the house. This little voice says I should do it. I have thought about it, imagined about it, but could not bring myself to act. I want to make it part of daily life, a piece of my everyday casual attire. Do you think it will be easier on the emotions to start with conservative shoes? Say, a pair of 3 inches chucky boots? The heels can be covered with long trousers. Then work gradually to shoes that are higher and obvious.

Most of us here more than likely began our public forays in women's shoes with conservative styles like you mentioned while paired with long jeans or pants. The goal in the beginning is to be comfortable wearing heels in public settings, and that helps to build up what I've come to call our "emotional armor" that helps us grow more at ease in our outings. And, as you become more and more comfortable, you'll inevitably find yourself growing more, adventurous, perhaps more daring in terms of what you wear and how you wear it. Now, that doesn't mean you'll become really daring and wear skirts like I do, the objective is to find your own comfort level when wearing heels in public and stick with it. How long does such a process takes? That's solely up to the individual, but I would suggest that you not rush into things, let the process take it's sweet time, and I think you'll be pleased with the results. Good luck.

morningsend;

I like the look of the new heels.

You asked:

Do you think it will be easier on the emotions to start with conservative shoes? Say, a pair of 3 inches chucky boots? The heels can be covered with long trousers. Then work gradually to shoes that are higher and obvious.

Before I started wearing thigh boots in public (more than 10 years ago), I wore knee high boots with block heels under jeans. This wasn't a fashion thing, rather it was just something I really enjoyed doing.  Back then I had a lot of concern about being caught, so It was kind of a thrilling adventure.  At that time, that was all I was comfortable doing. Back in Sept. 2003 (documented here), I made a decision about wearing thigh boots in public and, at the time, I'm not sure I understood the impact it would have on the rest of my life.

I have discovered that if I present myself with confidence, I can get away with wearing thigh boots and skirts in public and I enjoy presenting myself that way.  Why that is is a whole other discussion, but the point is I can do it without feeling guilty, or overly self conscious. There was just a point in time that I decided to present myself wearing thigh boots and I went on from there.

The choice of thigh boots is significant.  Wearing this style is so "over the top" that anything else I wear pales in comparison, which lets me get away with a lot.  I am still not as comfortable wearing pumps (like yours) in public as I am wearing thigh boots in public.  JeffB and I have had discussions about this.

As JeffB has wisely advised, you have to find your own comfort level.  Some (most) folks like to go slowly and build up confidence.  I just jumped in with both feet (encased in thigh boots).  I was sort of like jumping into a pool of ice water, but I only had to do it once.

Building confidence is something you never stop doing.  If you are going to present yourself in "non traditional attire", you have to present yourself with confidence. This applies to guys and gals, without regard to how you are presenting.  Your confidence grows every time you go out.  There will be challenges to your confidence when you encounter detractors, but you have to have a confidence reserve upon which to rely.

My advice… If you going to wear pumps, go slowly, wear long pants that deemphasize the heels, but don't think your hiding them, you're not.  However if your going to wear thigh boots, wear then over skinny jeans or leggings.  There is no hiding them so go ahead and show them off.  Once you do it, there is no turning back, and it gets easier every time.

Enjoy your heels.

TBG

Wow, I love the black pumps and brown heels from the previous page, where did you get them? You pull off a great look i'm jealous of your legs. ;) I think it's great that you don't have to hide your heels. It's adorable your younger sister takes the pictures and the way you handle it I think it will make her a more open minded person later in life.

Keep up enjoying heels! :)

Those are fabulous heels morningsend, and they look great with the jeans.

When I first took the step and wore heels in public, it was with 3" wedge boots under bootcut jeans, and I built up my confidence slowly by pushing my comfort zone a little bit further each time. That doesn't mean I disagree with TBG's approach that an "over the top" style can actually be a huge confidence boost, in fact that really helped me to push my comfort zone forwards in leaps. Don't feel you have to box yourself into one approach, just pick and choose whatever might work for you. Personally I find that wearing an oufit that suits the heels is a huge confidence boost.

You clearly enjoy the style of those stilettos with the jeans (and so you should), so perhaps it's more about finding a venue you feel comfortable in and just going for it. A cafe in a large and busy fashion department store would be a fantastic choice. I once went to a classical music concert with my heels in my bag (I'd been wearing them earlier in the day). As the crowd built up I saw several women wearing gorgeous heels, and in the end I could resist, I found a quiet corner and changed into my heels, I really enjoyed the concert and wandering around the bar area during the interval. So don't feel like you have to work out some amazing plan, sometimes you just have to be prepared to take advantage of impulsive opportunities.

Good luck and keep us posted of your progress.

If you like it, wear it.