New Experience Shopping And Trying I Was So Happy!

jim102

Hello. As you know I am very afraid of trying heels or just see the shoe woman section but today I really had a great fun! I went to three stores and I have seen some men with female boots in their hands and men who where looking women shoes in the section. I went at the store sears where I saw the first man with chunky female boots. Automatically what my mind said to me was: (Allright you see a man whith women boots in his hands so GO NOW take a look!

Today my perception was: GO for look high heels go take them in your hands and try one shoe and other that would laugh or react they can go ***** cause we do not care we go there to for our own pleasure and **** others!

So I was attracted to black shiny pumps like naturalizer Lennox or a Jessica brand court shoe or other. I checked my size again after 3 years i did not do that. My left feet is the longest so it is between 10 and 10.5 but in my town or country we do not have a half size. So I was used with a 10 size before but I notice it has a 0,5 inch space at the round toe and a eleven there is 1 inch. Both size fit wel but I think I will take a 11 size later.

I went to yellow store and I did not see a good 11 size or 10..5 and a Young woman asked me if I need help. First time I said no but I did not find anything interesting and another girl asked me again and I said yes and I wanted to find a 10.5 or 11 court shoes but whe was not finding and said 11 size only available for boots. I said it does not work so I told her have a good day and thank you and I left the store.

I went to reitman stores this is where I have noticed 11 are better even if 10 fit also well. I wanna avoid simi9lar problems I had. I heard about laughing from the counter far from me but girls they were talking to themselves I do not know but I really do not care

AFter that i went to the walmart store the one who it made me very affraid but there were no old ladies just teenage girl and they said nothing. I did not find anything. In the next week I will call and get back to sears taking at worst the 11 size and maybe the Jessica pumps.

It was during I went to sears and I saw the man and I took heels in my hand and tried only with my longest feet I felt very happy and it boosted me to go other places it was like I was on a pleasant cloud.. Even I did not find what I was looking for I saw 2 pairs of black shiny court shoe or just normal leather or other heel.

I think I have Fallen in love with heels :pulsingheart:. Women pumps are very very very very beautiful and it has much so varieties. It woke up the love of heels that was hidden into me since three years. I did not think I was missing something but I really was!!! 

So it is 26th december and had too much people everywhere and maybe they had not time to look at me. They do not care if you wear one shoe or take it in your hand or look too close. No reactions!!!

I really had a great time I am audacious sometimes I can make myself surprised! I made my own pleasure :rocker:

Im think I developped confidence and for anxiety i take drugs for that since more than 1 month and it made a benefic effect!!

Now going shopping or see heels is a very funny activity and exciting and I can see the ebauty of women heels!

In a way shopping between black friday and Boxing Day (for you Canadians) is probably the best time to shop for shoes. During that time, men and women are shopping for shoes, and men who are savvy know their significant other's shoe size and clothing sizes and are shopping for them, so seeing men in the women's clothing and shoe sections during the holidays is not unexpected, and becoming more frequent. So a guy looking at women's shoes isn't blinked at, everybody assumes it's a gift.

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

First heels i got is from Jessica brand Ibenawen which has 4 inches so too high too hard to walk so I asked a refund. See the attachment

Second I recently bought is Lennox naturalizer shiny black. They fit well except it makes me sore to toes and marks and also I see the begining of my toes maybe it is small but I have to wait after Christmas when? I do not know but I am very impatient.

Also I would like to have a silent heel winter boots like naturalizer payton  or something else which I do not hear the heel. I do not know If I need to walk in consequence.

Also If you can learn me about silent pumps or boots it will be good. I have a big size so it is not easy to hide!

Next goal is to try heels even if I have people around me. Old ladies sellers make me scare but maybe they are like I experienced at target store.

Thank you

post-10195-0-78070200-1388303221_thumb.j

Hey jim102,

You have come a long way since you posted me about your concerns and fears about publicly finding heels and trying them on. As you have found, the first few experiences made you feel weak from all your confidence power seeming to drain out at first, but it got easier as you tried on heels more times. There will still be obstacles to wearing heels, but as you have discovered, it is well worth the effort in finding how much fun and personally satisfying it is. So may the year of 2014 bring you good health and joy and also help you in your quest to wear the heels you desire. By the way, those old ladies and teenagers are also looking for better personal security and confidence.

Today I went to a commercial center to try pumps and I tried! Really tried. There was a guy and a girl behind the counter but the guy made me worry but another  seller girl was there and doing something else. Time that I asked for a size 11 for black patent pumps I made a compliment to the other girl because she was fitted well with 3 inches beige closed pumps even I prefer black patent at least she was fitted better than so many girls. Girls at my town almost never wear pumps.

Only a negative comment I had is from an old woman who said the store does not sell shoes for men but only for woman and I told her: It does not matter! I have completely shut her mouth lol

So that is confirmed size 11 for me in pumps. I am still impatient to have my size 11 naturalizer within few weeks.

I also went to try boots but with wide width at ADDITION ELLE a store with big sizes. I asked the girl to bring me one pair of nice boots and it was for me so I tried one boot as I needed to know if it was fiting well and that was nice! I did not buy it I wanted to have silent boots. By wearing boots the heel appear behind. Let me tell you the girl seemed embarrassed (brain reaction) she was nervous.

HEHEHEHE

After that I went at L`équipeur where the store sells solid great products and I saw a real nice boots but I knocked the heel at the ground and it was making a sound :penitent:

I realize I made almost what I expected and completed my objectives with still some fears(men) and I do not know what to do next it is like I get tired of that.

Since that I think I do not need boot the first naturalizer payton boots I prefer it but it costs 250$. You know those boots with rough material heel and the rest that hide the sound when walking? Great! But I do not go out very often I went out only to make me pleasure and renew my heel experience. I would like to wear pumps at next autumn but I hesitate with the sound and what the shoes will look like Under jeans.

I've had some of my (many) best and (few) worst shopping experiences both with younger and older sales assistants, so I'd say age has nothing to do with it, it's more just personality and attitude.

As for your search for quiet heels, it's much easier to just wear your heels in noisy places! :)

If you like it, wear it.

There was this one girl working in a shoe store that was dress in "Goth" type clothing I figured if anyone had an open mind about men in heels it would be her. So I asked her if I could try on heels on the back She said sure. Did not seem to bother her At all. That was a very long time ago. Now I go to dillards, the mother ship as my wife Calls it. I was always gong to this one old lady in there. Finally I just told her the shoes were for me unless I am looking for something for my wife When we both go we still look for her. I have even bought heels from her with my wife Find someone you are comfortable with and just deal with them

What does it matter though? They're there to do a job, they are not there to provide a critique on your social standing. If they are rude or abusive to you then you can report them to the manager or to Head Office. They don't know you and might not ever see you again.

I have to say that I've seen a few shocked faces over the years, mainly among other customers, and I have never experienced a problem.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I have recently been brave enough to try on some womens boots in a couple of shops and really loved it. The sales people were really friendly and helpful and made what could have been an embarrassing situation quite comfortable. There is a nice woman working in the Daniel store in wilmslow near Manchester that advised me when they were quiet, it would make me more comfortable. She had the boots I wanted to try on already on the counter ( I had rung the previous day, she's not a mind reader!). She even ordered a couple of other pairs for me to try at a later date. They have a small range of clothes and so a changing room. She allowed me to get changed into skirt and tights and try boots on in there. Also a good experience was lk bennett at cheshire oaks ( friendly sales people) and debenhams Chester. Worst experience by far is dune shop at cheshire oaks . Sales assistants just stare and make you feel like a shop lifter. Very unapproachable !!!!

I can only chime in to what Dr. Shoe said - they are there to do a job, which is to sell stuff. If they don't sell stuff, the store will close, and they will lose their job. So no matter what you buy, and for whom you are buying it, you are supporting them. Always keep that in mind.

Nonetheless, I can completely understand where you are coming from, and it is far more difficult if you are not already wearing heels when entering the store. Same applies for any type of clothing that is intended for the other gender. I had seen a woman wearing a coat from Moncler last Friday which I *absolutely* needed to have. Love on first sight.

When I came back home, I searched the usual high-end online shops for it, but it was sold out everywhere. So I called the nearest boutique Friday evening, asking them whether they still had it in stock in a large size. I didn't expect a positive answer, but they said "sure, it's not that unusual, we also carry the larger sizes. Is it for your wife?" -- I should probably have answered "no, it's for me" at that time, but I was still uneasy going to one of these high-end luxury boutiques where at least one sales clerk will be watching your every step and trying on a women's coat for myself.

So I answered that it would be for my girlfriend, and whether they could put it on hold for me till Saturday.

I drove there on Saturday, asked for the coat (which many online reviewers described as fitting "tight"), looked at it and wasn't sure whether it would fit. So I said that I just give it a try - "if it fits me, it should also fit my girlfriend". One customer who was watching said that this was the way he had bought a coat for his wife, so nobody really cared. What bothered me though was that the sales crew wasn't very friendly, probably because they were expecting that I would return the coat after a few days because it wouldn't fit (but it fit perfectly!). So I paid a bunch of money, left the store with mixed feelings (positive because I had the coat, negative because the sales staff wasn't very friendly), and went straight to my tailor to get it altered (will be ready this Friday).

Not sure whether I would tell the staff on the phone in a different case that the item is for myself, but then again, I might also dress different next time I visit such a store. I think if I had worn one of my other women's down jackets, or the one-of-a-kind mink coat that I have, they wouldn't have bothered, but just registered me as "one of those fashion crazy guys".

As I am currently moving, I only had a pair of regular jeans, sweater and regular men's winter jacket available, so it was similar to you entering the store in complete male clothing, trying on a female item.

I was not shopping for me at the time but had a sales person say all the men came in on Mondays to buy and try on held because it was not busy. Find a clerk you might be comfortable with and build a relationship and only deal with them.

I found a clerk. A good one. It looked like a teenage close to a youg adult woman. She did not hesitate to give me heels and said my colleague at theother store can bring you a black patent one. But I just wanted to try an eleven size so She gave me beige patent pumps and it was fiting very good hiding more the toes. notice some people moved forward to be in my right size but they do not react or if they saw me they done nothing.

I really like those sellers that does not care about that. I guess they are used to have male customers!

That day happened during my adventures not these times. I have to wait because people have taken all black patent 11 size everywhere so I went refund my naturalizer shoes they were small.

i went to the michael kors storel over the weekend and it was to busy that i became uncomfortable trying shoes on. on tuesday morning i went back to MK and asked to try some on. the sales person was very helpful and conforting.  she gave her opinion on how stuff looked and suggested i tried the same flats she was wearing. it was by far the best experience i had trying on heels and flats it made me want to buy some.

I have recently been brave enough to try on some womens boots in a couple of shops and really loved it. The sales people were really friendly and helpful and made what could have been an embarrassing situation quite comfortable. There is a nice woman working in the Daniel store in wilmslow near Manchester that advised me when they were quiet, it would make me more comfortable. She had the boots I wanted to try on already on the counter ( I had rung the previous day, she's not a mind reader!). She even ordered a couple of other pairs for me to try at a later date. They have a small range of clothes and so a changing room. She allowed me to get changed into skirt and tights and try boots on in there. Also a good experience was lk bennett at cheshire oaks ( friendly sales people) and debenhams Chester. Worst experience by far is dune shop at cheshire oaks . Sales assistants just stare and make you feel like a shop lifter. Very unapproachable !!!!

Ha, that's funny. I was only in the Debenhams in Chester on boxing day...

I can only chime in to what Dr. Shoe said - they are there to do a job, which is to sell stuff. If they don't sell stuff, the store will close, and they will lose their job. So no matter what you buy, and for whom you are buying it, you are supporting them. Always keep that in mind.

So I answered that it would be for my girlfriend, and whether they could put it on hold for me till Saturday.

I drove there on Saturday, asked for the coat (which many online reviewers described as fitting "tight"), looked at it and wasn't sure whether it would fit. So I said that I just give it a try - "if it fits me, it should also fit my girlfriend". One customer who was watching said that this was the way he had bought a coat for his wife, so nobody really cared. What bothered me though was that the sales crew wasn't very friendly, probably because they were expecting that I would return the coat after a few days because it wouldn't fit (but it fit perfectly!). So I paid a bunch of money, left the store with mixed feelings (positive because I had the coat, negative because the sales staff wasn't very friendly), and went straight to my tailor to get it altered (will be ready this Friday).

Thanks for the support. :)

Perhaps they weren't very friendly because they knew you were lying to them? Just a thought. They will get a man in there every day buying stuff and will soon get to know who are honest and who are not.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 1 month later...

Been even braver lately. Decided to wear skirt and tights with boots so that I could get a better impression of what the possible new boots would look like. Have been to try on some boots in a few shops in harrogate ( not local but had the styles requested after a bit of ringing around). Young lady running moda in pelle is very helpful, brought out the four pairs of boots for me to try with no pressure to buy. It's a small shop, not right in the town centre, so doesn't seem to be busy, has a few seats away in a corner so you call try on discretely. No mention of what I had on or funny looks. Next was daniel footwear in harrogate. Again, helpful friendly staff but with 3 staff in a relatively small shop made me feel like I was being watched a bit too much!! Next was daniel footwear in hale, store manager seemed fine (although she wouldn't order in any of the boots requested without prior payment!). Her assistant was nosy and couldn't help herself. Moving round the small shop to get a better view of me (maybe I'm paranoid). All in all good experience though I do wonder what is going through the shop staffs head and would love to answer their questions. Think I might be dying to spill my guts about why I wear womens boots!

• 3 weeks later...

Funny, but I don't ever remember women's clothing to be an off limits subject on this forum. Really, trying to pull off high heels in regular guy clothes just doesn't cut it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Funny, but I don't ever remember women's clothing to be an off limits subject on this forum. Really, trying to pull off high heels in regular guy clothes just doesn't cut it.

I cannot see any objection to relevant discussion of women's clothing in general (as part of one's overall look) but I can see some offence being taken at the second statement, implying that one has to wear either women's clothing or at least abnormal or unusual men's clothing in order to be acceptable (to whom?) in heels.

Please explain better, Shafted!   If you merely mean that one's overall appearance needs to be thought about and co-ordinated, then I agree (when wearing heels or not).   But if you mean that heels (of any kind) worn with everyday blend-in menswear (e.g. jeans, sweaters, blazers, suits even) are in some way 'wrong', then I fear you are going to alienate the majority on this board who try, with much success, to do just that - wearing heels as an adjunct to 'normal' (US speak = 'regular') conventional menswear to prove the point that heels for men are (or should be) normal, everyday wear - as they are apparently for you.

I cannot see any objection to relevant discussion of women's clothing in general (as part of one's overall look) but I can see some offence being taken at the second statement, implying that one has to wear either women's clothing or at least abnormal or unusual men's clothing in order to be acceptable (to whom?) in heels.

Please explain better, Shafted!   If you merely mean that one's overall appearance needs to be thought about and co-ordinated, then I agree (when wearing heels or not).   But if you mean that heels (of any kind) worn with everyday blend-in menswear (e.g. jeans, sweaters, blazers, suits even) are in some way 'wrong', then I fear you are going to alienate the majority on this board who try, with much success, to do just that - wearing heels as an adjunct to 'normal' (US speak = 'regular') conventional menswear to prove the point that heels for men are (or should be) normal, everyday wear - as they are apparently for you.

You're right. I think most of us believe it's possible to mix heels and men's clothing. The fact that I'm rarely getting laughed at nowadays makes me think that I'm getting better at it.

I mix both women's and men's clothes in my wardrobe. I didn't mean to offend anyone, but my opinion stands. It's based on what the average man seems to favor wearing nowadays. If I saw the guys that I see in my neck of the woods dressing like they normally do and wearing heels, it would quite honestly be a comedy show.

I think the key word is "regular".

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I mix both women's and men's clothes in my wardrobe. I didn't mean to offend anyone, but my opinion stands. It's based on what the average man seems to favor wearing nowadays. If I saw the guys that I see in my neck of the woods dressing like they normally do and wearing heels, it would quite honestly be a comedy show.

There's a lot of different styles of mens clothing. Heels can look very different with various styles of jeans for example, which is why I wore my 4" stiletto heels when I went shopping for jeans the other day. I got some great jeans for my heels ;-)

I'm assuming by 'regular' clothes that you mean essentially juvenile streetwear, i.e. (skinny) jeans, sloppy sweaters, hoodies, baseball caps and the like - and with the usual trainers replaced by heels of some sort.   if so, I see your point - but those 'regular' clothes are scarcely those of the 'average man' (or more properly the 'typical man') and not what I or most other men above the age of 30 or so would wear as a matter of course, even in a very casual way outside work.

The older and more mature man would probably wear something rather less sloppy, even in a very casual context, and I can't see why heels would conflict in principle.   Think of Kneehighs and others here whose clothes are mostly men's but worn successfully with heels, often very feminine ones.

Lately here in Maine, the teenage boys are showing some interest in fashion. I've even seen a fair amount of skinny jeans on them. To be honest they are beginning to upstage the adult males.

The reason being is that the working age adult males seem to think Carhart is a designer label. I remember seeing this crap on the shelf years ago and wondering what loser would wear this crap. Well, seemingly ALL of them. Makes me wish the factory would burn down. If you think Carhart and heels go together, you have a very different fashion sense than me.

Even our senior citizens dress better than this multitude of losers. Many of them dress downright nice. One senior man (a regular at McDonald's) actually has a beautiful patchwork black leather jacket that I rather like. He also wears some really nice sweaters and nice slacks.

I remind you and others we are not here to talk about women clothing. Only shoes right? Talk about men clothes who fitting well witth heels please

Sorry Jim but I still feel you need a translator. Clothes of any kind are fine as this is a fashion-type site.

If its just pumps, kinda hard. I have a few pairs of wedge boots/booties I wear daily with jeans and cotton pants. I think its all in how its put together

You're right. I think most of us believe it's possible to mix heels and men's clothing. The fact that I'm rarely getting laughed at nowadays makes me think that I'm getting better at it.

Yep. I'll have to get a pic the next time I play a gig in the outfit I normally wear. Its a " womans " top that has a long back to it, a pair of tailored mens cotton pants and usually wedge boots of somekind.

Lately here in Maine, the teenage boys are showing some interest in fashion. I've even seen a fair amount of skinny jeans on them. To be honest they are beginning to upstage the adult males.

The reason being is that the working age adult males seem to think Carhart is a designer label. I remember seeing this crap on the shelf years ago and wondering what loser would wear this crap. Well, seemingly ALL of them. Makes me wish the factory would burn down. If you think Carhart and heels go together, you have a very different fashion sense than me.

Even our senior citizens dress better than this multitude of losers. Many of them dress downright nice. One senior man (a regular at McDonald's) actually has a beautiful patchwork black leather jacket that I rather like. He also wears some really nice sweaters and nice slacks.

Carhart makes some good T-shirts. I have a dozen or so in ' Safety Green ' that look awesome with those bright yellow pumps and white pants. It really does look good together and is probably something people havent given a second thought to ;)

Im under the impression a lot of younger guys with skinny jeans have taken on from the " Emo " scene and from the skater types.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I couldn't agree more. To me, the sight of high heels with plain old men's clothing is a dreadful, not to mention jarring contradiction. I wouldn't think of wearing anything BUT women's clothes with my heels.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I couldn't agree more. To me, the sight of high heels with plain old men's clothing is a dreadful, not to mention jarring contradiction. I wouldn't think of wearing anything BUT women's clothes with my heels.

Interesting. I remember geting a lot of support from you on my outfits over the years. I guess you really didn't mean it then.