Hh Walking Events

fatfuzz

I was just looking at some stuff on the internet and stumbled across an article about a charity event where dudes walk a mile in heels to raise money and awareness for violence and cruelty towards women. I'm sure I've heard of these events before and is something I would definitely consider it as a way of getting out heeling but also do some good for a worthwhile charity. 2 birds, one stone. Anyone know of any forthcoming events that might be happening in the UK this year?

Okay, for one you are not going to find me participating in any charity event. I haven't found one yet that isn't a money pit. And by money pit I'm speaking of an investment without any return. As an example the American Cancer Society hasn't produced a damn thing since their inception. They haven't found a cure for cancer despite the fact that a cure exists. Yet stupid people still funnel huge sums of money into them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Check out the Happily Ever After League. They have a Heels for HEAL event every February in Scottsdale, AZ. This year it is on the 24th. At the event you meet the women who benefit from the funds. Last year a former (I haven't seen KFSteve around HHPlace lately) took home the first place prize in the Hottest Heels contest. I wound up on TV two years ago with a pic of me taken during the Hottest Heels contest. Beat, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Shafted, I hear you on that one. I rarely donate anything to charity and I don't think charities really need to exist at all. We have the means to end most misery etc. But this is a discussion for another time/place. I'm just looking for an excuse to go out wearing heels cos going it alone is a bit too much of mental challenge for me right now.

Simply wear high heels while watching the event and see what happens. Let's face it the public is looking for a good laugh. Why make men in heels the butt of the joke?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

It does take real self-determination to publicly venture in heels, even though we have chosen to incorporate heels into are wardrobe. Our social brainwashing makes it harder to overcome our perceived fears. However, after a while of continued public presence, the fears aren't as controlling and you come to really enjoy being out in heels. It just takes putting on your heels and walking out your private door into the public venues where you may have business/shopping to do or going to places for body and mind stimulation. I would highly recommend that you share and/or be with friend(s) on your heeled outings, if at all possible. As humans, we are social creatures by nature and being alone diminishes our self-image.

I participated in a Walk a Mile in Her Shoes even a couple of years ago. Yes there were lots of guys in heels, and yes it raised a lot of money, so it was for a good cause. But I have absolutely no desire to do it ever again. We were basically in a parade with a large crowd of onlookers gawking, cheering, laughing, and carrying on. It wasn't the kind of environment I like, so I wasn't comfortable with the concept of being on display that way. But I know others here love doing it year after year. To each his own. Steve

fatfuzz, There are many of these such events scattered around the globe. It does put men on display in a sort of parade setting and they certainly get put in the spotlight. There are certainly good charities, average ones, and others that are just black holes of financial ineptitude with lottery-odds chances of ever achieving their stated goals. Those that give to charities as workers of the US Federal Government can peruse the charities and check ther track record. Shafted has a great point about cancer. Fifty some years ago when one was diagnosed with cancer the primary treatment given was chemotherapy and in 2013 it is still chemotherapy which any cancer survivor will tell you is far worse than the actual disease. Shafted says that a cure for cancer exists but forces conspire to keep it from the reach of all but the most detemined citizen.

I should probably mention that the cure for cancer does exist. It is completely painless and it is something people should be consuming every day. That cure is actually quite simple, It's iodine. It has to be consumed though in a much larger quantities than most people are currently consuming. 12.5 mg (.0125 grams) daily as opposed to the federal RDA of 150 ug (.000150 grams). Beware however of poisonous methanol preparations of iodine that you will find in your local drugstore. If anyone wants to know more, PM me, because it is really off topic. FYI: It actually cures much more than cancer. It cures much of what people are dying from today.

I plan on doing a Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event this April. Never done one before, will see how it goes. One thing that bothers an el cheapo guy like me, why should I pay to walk around in high heels when I can do it for free whenever I like?? Hmmmm?? ha ha, take care all... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Just consider your "application fee" a donation to the charity! That's all it is. It covers expenses of hosting the event, sure, but most of it goes to the charity as almost all of the labor is volunteer. Go for it. I'm glad I did it once, but that was enough for me. The best part was meeting other people from here, like Weird1 and his wife and Spikesmike. Wetwillie was there, too, but I didn't know who he was at the time, and found out later. I really enjoyed the moment one of the women volunteers asked me if the shoes I had selected to wear for the event were satisfactory and she just about fell over when I said, "Yes, they're my own shoes and I brought them from home." Lol. Steve

Shafted: Might the Iodine discussion be a "cafe" topic rather then just a PM? If it's good info, share with the whole class :) SF: Maybe try to convince other guys at the event to keep their heels and wear them more often? I've usually missed these events, might be interesting to show up, do event, and keep wearing heels afterwards to chat with people.

(formerly known as "JimC")

I've done a local Walk-a-Mile-in-Her-Shoes event the last two years. They don't have an entrance fee and aren't really focused on fund raising as much as community awareness. All I ever gave was $10 for a shirt. The local charity sponsoring it is an abused women's shelter, which I'm fairly certain is efficient and effective. Although I share with some of you, a very dim view of typical "Walk-a-thon" type events -just give the money and be done with- I do see this event, at least my local one, as somewhat different because it isn't focused on fundraising. The route is down the midway of an avant-garde arts street fair. It's a jovial celebratory environment and I really didn't sense a derisive spirit. I see a potential positive for us in that more men may get bitten by the heel bug, and eventually go public. I suspect a good number of the participants are closet heelers. If the event helps chip away the fear of being seen, then it is a positive thing. I make a point of arriving in heels, doing the walk, walking back to the car and leaving all in the same heels. I might even hit the McDonalds as well. Ironically, the first time I did it, I was in patent black pointy toe 4" stiletto pumps, which I was just starting to do some public heeling in. I wore jeans low to cover them, as was my practice. DUH, the point is to show them off. Next year I'm going to try to do a good coordinated look you all have been preaching, rather than rolled up jeans.. Just looking at the schedule, I see quite a few new ones popping up locally. I might have to try them out.

Shafted: Might the Iodine discussion be a "cafe" topic rather then just a PM? If it's good info, share with the whole class :)

I'll seriously think about it.