If You Only Had One Pair Of Shoes

The title says it all. If you had one pair to wear everyday for the rest of your life, I hate to say this because I may put them on and drop dead, which ones would it be. I would say it must be heels but it may be interesting to see who would not choose heels. My bet is more woman would not choose heels. How about this. It must be heels, if not, you can post 2 Pair, but ONLY if your one pair are not heels. Given: anything you wear is acceptable and it must be in your closet. Now remember, This means a lifetime supply of the shoe and it is worn everyday. Wow! This is hard. I am going to limit my selection to the shoes I wear everyday even though I have some pumps that I like very much and even have some other boots that I like a lot. They just have a very skinny heel and I think my one pair needs to be more rugged or solid. So it is a toss up between my bakers boots that have lots of miles on them from the previous owner and my enzo wedge. Actually my 9west boots that debbi liked could be in the finalist too. And the winner is......

post-2198-0-71342600-1358273289_thumb.jp

OK, I'll make my choice(s). I'm one of those girls that loves heels and wear them almost everyday for at least part of the day...so a pair of heels is in my final "two" pairs. You know a girl has to have more than just one pair of shoes ! The first are my "Rossi" pumps from Pepe Jeminez. With four inch heels and all leather construction (soles and lining) these shoes my absolute favorite heels although I have heels that cost much more. For flats, it would be my J.Crew flats in black patent leather. Simply cute and sexy, I know I'll get attention in these girly flats!

post-17953-0-16212000-1358278435_thumb.j

post-17953-0-66979100-1358278451_thumb.j

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

Impossible to contemplate. When I think back over the last 30+ years I'm astonished at some of my choices and can see I couldn't even guess what my tastes might be next year, let alone twenty years hence. So the only choice is something timeless and classic, and where's the fun in that?

That's just it. You only get to keep one pair you already own, no more shoes will ever be made so there are no new styles. Pics are a must. Very nice as usual debbi.

If I were limited to one pair of shoes for the rest of my life, I'd probably just go barefoot. It seems like the most sensible thing to do. Barring that, I'd probably choose one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Sofft-Aviano-Color-Leather-Womens/dp/B005940NNQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358413616&sr=8-1&keywords=sofft+aviano http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_10?url=search-alias%3Dshoes&field-keywords=sofft+camden&sprefix=sofft+camd%2Cshoes%2C165 The first style, with the higher heel, is pretty much my default shoe around the house. I just walked 2 miles in these to run some errands today (it was a very nice day for January in Iowa). However, the second style is somewhat more versatile. I mow the lawn in these shoes. Climbing a ladder to clean out the rain gutters in these shoes is no problem. But then, it comes time to go to work. Like Stiletto2004, I'd about have to choose my Red Wing work boots, since I have to put food on the table, don't I?

I tried to condense my choices and then I realized that is the situation society has offered guys for quite a while and I refuse to be so confined. It would even be hard to choose the heels I will be buried in. I might have to get the mortician to put at least a dozen pair in as lining. Gosh, the things we have to prepare for so that we'll be well-heeled and stylish for the resurrected stage of existence.

I tried to condense my choices and then I realized that is the situation society has offered guys for quite a while and I refuse to be so confined. It would even be hard to choose the heels I will be buried in. I might have to get the mortician to put at least a dozen pair in as lining. Gosh, the things we have to prepare for so that we'll be well-heeled and stylish for the resurrected stage of existence.

Histiletto, I have got to meet you some day.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Couldn't really choose. It would feel too easy of a choice between the only two pair I have now. I'm thinking of tuning two to one and further making it hard on me because I still wouldn't be able to choose on such a limited scale. Call me difficult if you will, but I rather have way many more pairs of shoes to actually choose from than just two measly pair I've rarely had the time to wear ;(

Formally "HHDude"

In a realm of fantasy, where your pick will never wear out, never cause you pain or injury, and will not be accepted without question by society, I'm very tempted to go with black leather ballet boots. A more practical answer would be my 3.5" wedge Ash hiking boots. http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z408/rockpup/2012-09-05_10-03-58_153-1.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")

Awesome joe. I thought this would be fun, or painful, to have to. Choose only one pair Of shoes. Patsy. I just sold my 77 911s. Now in the market for a 930: