Encouragement to shave legs

hh_pe

I'm not sure if I want to constantly shave my legs, but if someone waxed legs and balls then please tell where hurts more: I've waxed only my balls and area around. (I didn't do it myself, went to a kinky esthetician's dungeon and got it done there and will do it again in half month) Nothing scary about waxing the balls when it is done. :smile:

I have shaved my legs over the winter months for the past several years. Actually after the first time or two I used an epilator. I know it sounds painful and is the first time or so but the results are well worth it. It lasts a long time too. If you are going to wear heels then you have to wear stockings. If you are going to wear stocking then you have to shave your legs.... it is just a vicious cycle...:smile: Nothing worse that hairy legs inside stockings or panty hose. Avi

UPDATE #2 So I've tied my record of keeping smooth legs, a whole two weeks. :smile: We're working in baby steps here. I've been using an Intuition razor in the shower about every other day, but wasn't happy with the fact I was missing spots on my legs. On Saturday (December 3rd) I used a regular razor and shaving cream in the shower. Got all of those hairs and stubble, but the razor rash on my thighs looks like a mine field of red bumps. And I even used a brand new razor blade. The good news is the wife was pleased with the feeling on the rest on my legs. Didn't get any chance to wear heels this past week. With getting ready for Christmas and the fact the in-laws will be with us for two weeks, I don't know if I'm going to get a chance between now and New Years. Oh well. I will have to heel "in spirit" when I wear trouser socks with my suits.

If you are like me, get used to the razor rash for awhile. It took a few months before my legs got used to the shaving and cleared up. I shave nearly every day with a razor and my legs have cleared up 100% but it has been a couple of years now. Be careful not to go over the same spot a bunch of times. Catch what you miss the next day. Once your legs adapt, you can go over rough spots a couple of times without problems. I still get the occational red bump or ingrown hair...just leave them alone and they disappear in a day. Use a bath rag on your legs after shaving to prevent ingrowns and shaving every day helps with that too.

Update #3 I've been "hairless" for about four weeks now and have gotten into a daily routine of shaving any spots that feel rough. I would say it only takes me an additional five minutes in the shower each day to do this. As stated in the previous update, my in-law's are staying with us for Christmas. Normally I don't get a chance to wear any heels while they are here. I was lucky the other day when they took the kids out of the house. I borrowed one of my wifes shear black nylons and took the attached photos. The feeling of having shear nylons on is better than the tights I've been wearing lately. I'm thinking I need to wear the shear nylons under my pants while at work now.

post-22620-133522966311_thumb.jpg

post-22620-133522966317_thumb.jpg

I could not get past the razor burn which is why I went with the epilator. Yesterday is the first I epilated since November 28th, almost 3 weeks. It was a bit stubbly but not too bad. It does take more time than shaving and I get the occasional ingrown hair but that goes with the territory. I don't think I could shave every day. Which ever way you choose to take the hair off be sure it is smooth inside the nylons.

Have done all of the above (epilating, deplitory, wax, shaving) but most often fall back to using the razor out of convenience and I have to say that the absolute best razor I have ever used is the Gilette Venus razor. I get zero razor burn, it produces the smoothest skin, longest lasting shaving results, and it is almost impossible to cut yourself with it unless you do something blatently wrong (so its perfect for the private parts too). It makes frequent shaving a breeze. Anyway, just wanted to add my 2 cents since some are recommending various other razors. I've even used this razor on my face, and it just beats anything else I've used before. Hmm, that sounded like some kind of marketing there... lol :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

My wife does not like my legs shaved have done some with a elaparor on my legs during the winter when I dont wear shorts all the time ant it take weeks for the hair to grow back and it is thinner hope that it stays. I have been smooth on the privates for over 15 years and she is just getting use to that leggs next

Update #3

I've been "hairless" for about four weeks now and have gotten into a daily routine of shaving any spots that feel rough. I would say it only takes me an additional five minutes in the shower each day to do this. As stated in the previous update, my in-law's are staying with us for Christmas. Normally I don't get a chance to wear any heels while they are here. I was lucky the other day when they took the kids out of the house. I borrowed one of my wifes shear black nylons and took the attached photos. The feeling of having shear nylons on is better than the tights I've been wearing lately. I'm thinking I need to wear the shear nylons under my pants while at work now.

Bravo! Great looking legs, my friend! Outstanding!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

UPDATE #4 So I've been at this for about 5 1/2 weeks now and loving it. It's the longest I have ever gone, and since I like it so much, I've started to reduce the overall amount of body hair I have. I'm one of those guys who has more hair on his chest and back than on my head. But this update isn't about my efforts, it is more of an observation I had yesterday while at work. I had to complete some end of the year reports for our clients. When I was done, I went over to StarBucks, got a cup of coffee and sat down at one of the tables outside to read some proposals. Soon after an older guy who has an office in the same building sat down. We gave the typical guy hello head nod and continued on with what we were reading. After a few minutes, he introducted himself and we had a pleasant conversation. During the conversation I began to noticed how unkept his appearance was. The guy had to be in is mid to late 60's, over weight and balding. I can not say anything about the balding since I am going down that path. But what got my attention was how long his hair was in back. His eyebrows were furry caterpillars with hairs sticking out and his ears were about as bad as his eyebrows. While his appearance may be repulsive to some, I can say he is a very happy man with a great wife, kids, and grandkids. What struck me is how certain activities we do to maintain a particluar look become so common place. There I was sitting with a guy who clearly had not been to a barber in months (or years?) and I take a few minutes each day to shave my legs to keep them smooth and tirm the rest of my hair to keep a certain "clean cut" look. It was one of those moments that reminded me of the saying "To each there own".

HHBoots, Thanks for the tip about the Gillette Venus razor. I've been shaving my legs for about a year and love the smooth feeling, but had to really be diligent to keep up with the stubble. Tried the Gillette Venus three days ago, very smooth, no burn or cuts and still pretty smooth. Sure makes the nylons feel better too!

Update #5 Two months and going strong, again. Last week I got the flu and was either in bed or on the sofa the whole time. Needless to say, the legs did get a bit hairy. A thanks to HHBoots about the suggestion to try the Venus razor. The wife picked up a pack and we both like it. Much easier to use than the others.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE #6 So I made it to February, and taking care of my legs has gotten to be routine. I'm still amazed on how great the feeling of wearing nylons with shaven legs is. I figure I will keep things going until the end of the month, then decide if I keep the legs clean full time, or let things go so the hairy legs will be seen this summer.

hh-pe, I have kept my legs smooth since 2000 and keep my toes polished as well and would never go back to hairy legs. It works better in the pool, riding bikes,and feels wonderful with pantyhose. Here's another consideration; getting a pedicure. I got my first one just over a year ago and it is a wonderful experience! You would never want to go to a pedicure with hairy legs as they basically massage the the entire area below the knee. I wear knee-highs, stretch women's jeans, and whatever shoe I want to wear to the appointment; wedges in the warm months, boots in the cold months, or pumps anytime. Try it and love it! HappyinHeels

HappyInHeels, I agree with you on everything you said. I started getting a professional manicure monthly in April and had my first pedicure in July of 2011. It was a wonderful experience and I wrote about it in this forum. I have been shaving and epilating since 1998, and would never go back to hairy legs. Legwear (tights, pantyhose, stockings, and knee-high hose) feel wonderful over smooth legs, and stay up much better, too. I keep my nails in good shape - it makes the hose last longer - with regular care and light pink polish (which looks natural). Since April 2011 I have had only one person notice and comment on my nails and it was very positive. Steve

I've been hairless from the neck down for about 20 years. ***TOO MUCH INFORMATION***. I had my armpits lasered at a salon about 8 years ago. The result was effective but very costly. A year or so ago, I bought a home laser system and have been using it on and off to remove all my body hair below my neck. Hair is now about 90% gone, but it is a tedious process, however well worth it.

I've been hairless from the neck down for about 20 years. Having smooth skin is so much more sensual, especially with stockings and lingerie. I had my armpits lasered at a salon about 8 years ago. The result was effective but very costly. A year or so ago, I bought a home laser system and have been using it on and off to remove all my body hair below my neck. Hair is now about 90% gone, but it is a tedious process, however well worth it.

Which laser system did you buy? I have been looking into this, but I was not convinced that they really do work. I also have read that you must have dark hair for some of these to work at all.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE #7 Here we are near the end of February. I reached my goal and have had a great time doing it. I spoke with my wife about the idea of me going hairless full time. She admitted she enjoyed the smooth feeling, but to her, I am more masculine with the hairly legs and chest. That is what attracted her to me, and it is what she would like me to return to. Not wanting to upset her, I agreed to let my hair grow out. I hope next winter she will be as understanding as this time. I think I need to work on the idea of being hairless over several years. This time it was from mid-November to February. This coming winter, I think I will start in October and go to April. I've always wanted to dress in drag on Halloween, which will be a wonderful reason to start shaving again.

I enjoyed reading this thread very much. I know there is are a wide range of opinions on leg shaving (an many other threads,) but this is a very real, personal story and is a good read for any man who is thinking of going down this road. For me, I started as a "seasonal" shaver myself - hairless in the winter and would let it grow in the summer. But as my wearing of heels evolved, I found my way into other fashion options - skirts, dresses, capris, crops, shorts, etc. For me, hairy legs just didn't work. Its not that I am feminine or have any desires to be, but bare legs just was better for me. So, just as my heeling has evolved, so has my shaving. I try not to go to crazy with shaving. I usually shave once a week in the winter months and twice a week in the summer. If I need a quick touch-up, I just use a razor with some shower gel. If I let it go too long, I use Nair for Men, but try not to do this too often since it burns quite a bit on occasion. However, with Nair it also allows me to go as much as 10 days to 2 weeks without shaving. Another suggestion I would make is to exfoliate with a scrubbing shower gel at the same time of shaving. I use a product form Bath and Body Works that I really like. Applying lotion daily also helps. If you can't do it daily, certainly do it on the days you shower. I find that shaved legs feel wonderful and increase all sorts of tactile experiences. Never allow what people think to stop you from doing what feels right to you - especially when it is harmless as choosing whether you want hair on your body or not.

Style is built from the ground up!