The Weight Topic

ChipsHH

What do you weigh?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. What do you weigh?

• I'm pretty light (skinny)
    • I believe I'm in the middle
    • I'm...on the heavy side...

Well there are others here that rock climb as well, in fact all aspects of climbing, I as am a professional guide. That does help keep the weight down being so active, but makes it harder to go heeling even when I am at a good weight... dem lemons of life..... Mtnsofheels

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's summer and I'm down 5 LBS to 230 - but my goal is to get down to 225 by September... BTW, don't hesitate to slim down artificially - Waist cinchers do the trick for me. Let's me get into size 14 and sometimes 12 skirts

Buy size medium... hook it first and pull it up.

http://www.dillards.com/product/Cabernet-Waist-Cincher_301_-1_301_501069283?searchTerm=waist+cincher&ddkey=http:SearchResultList

Fredericks, Penny's have them too

Presently 5'11" 200 lbs., 36" waist. I could stand to lose about 10 to 15 lbs. When I was in high school, I weighed about 148 lbs. and had trouble keeping weight on! I still like to wear heels up to 6" and higher with a platform. I know I walk alot better on heels now than when I was in high school, even with the weight difference considered.

I'm pretty stout right now. 176cm / 88kg. I should have 15kg less. My healthy weight is between 70 and 73. At my age loosing weight has become a challenge. Specially after following the advices of Ralfy at YouTube.

I'm 12st 4lbs right now (= 172lb or 78Kg) and approx 6ft.

When I was young I was very slim (28 inch waist) and was one of those people that could eat anything without putting on weight.

When I hit my 30's the weight started to go on. As a guy you don't really notice it. As clothes wear out, the new ones are just slightly larger (and the trend for baggy jeans and large T-shirts hid a lot). We don't weigh ourselves and don't spend much time looking at our bodies in the mirror, so I really can't say I gave my increasing size any thought and no one ever mentioned that I had put on weight (partly because it was so gradual).

Then when I was around 40, after being weighed, a nurse told me that I was overweight. I found it hard to believe because in my mind I was still the slim guy who could eat anything and not put on weight. But the scales read about 15 stone (over 200lbs or 95kg). So I started cutting back on sweets and ice-cream and on meal portion sizes, and over three or four years I came down to 11½ stone. This was also combined with a move from baggy clothes to slimmer fitting (including now mostly wearing women's slim fit and low rise jeans).

However in the past couple of years I've slowly put 10lbs back on, but I do weigh myself each week and keep things reasonably in check.

I have never had a weight problem and now at 82 years I am 1.65m tall, having shrunk as I got older and weigh 59kilos which is on the slim side. Fifteen years ago I was !.70 and 60kilos which was slim. I need my heels to reach the top shelves in the supermarket!!

I'm 180 cm (without heels) and 80 Kg. I train and play sport regularly. The high weight for my height is due to the training. Fortunately I have no gut right now.

Tried on a size 36 fitted dress with a zip down the back today for curiosity. Interestingly it fitted well over my legs and backside and actually looked great with heels, but the top half.... well forget it, the sleeves were far too narrow to get my arms through and I would have needed about twice as much fabric to get it around my torso !

Tried on a size 36 fitted dress with a zip down the back today for curiosity. Interestingly it fitted well over my legs and backside and actually looked great with heels, but the top half.... well forget it, the sleeves were far too narrow to get my arms through and I would have needed about twice as much fabric to get it around my torso !

Different problem with dresses here, Walkonit; they fit pretty well except not big enough boobs to fill out the top half! :irked:

For most of us, it's going to take a lot more than wishing. A program similar to that of the "Biggest Looser" needs to be implemented. However, since we aren't a glutton for punishment, just do something you enjoy that take a bit of effort.Like playing horseshoes will do for some of us and for others bicycling might be better for our circumstance. Just get up and do. What's the saying "you can't expect anything to change, if you don't do anything different". Just be careful! Over doing it all at once can be more costly. Remember, you want to look good wearing your heels, instead of seeing just how lovely they look from a distance.

Well, in the end of the day it is still pretty simple. Going towards my forties, I realized last year that I would be happier if I would be able to open up my personality a little bit. Dressing a little less conservatively would be part of that. I had been into wearing heels for a long time, but never found anything that went great with them. Until I learned about women's skinny jeans. Of course they didn't work on me, being 5-11 and 210 lbs (179cm/95kg), so I decided to loose some weight. A year later I weigh 150lbs (68kg), my waistline went from 35" to 28", and I can wear whatever I want. Previously I rarely gave women's clothes a second glance, but now I buy more than half of my jeans and tops from that part of the store. I did exactly the opposite of what the "biggest looser philosophy" suggests, which I find stupid and not sustainable. The only thing I did was: 1) being consistent. No cheating to yourself. 2) moderation. You don't want to wish to quit, collapse, relapse, regret. 3) persistence: focus on the invisible 12 month goal. Track progress in excel. 4) drink >1gal water per day 5) no potatoes, white pasta, white bread, white rice. But I eat everything else. 6) when there is a choice between high fat and low fat, take low fat 7) reduce portion size by 1/3rd :irked: no elevators. Always walk. It can be done.

What's all the fuss about?

1) being consistent. No cheating to yourself.

2) moderation. You don't want to wish to quit, collapse, relapse, regret.

3) persistence: focus on the invisible 12 month goal. Track progress in excel.

4) drink >1gal water per day

5) no potatoes, white pasta, white bread, white rice. But I eat everything else.

6) when there is a choice between high fat and low fat, take low fat

7) reduce portion size by 1/3rd

That's a good list. If I quit flower and alcohol, I can loose weight dramatically. Maybe, being modest, 1kg per week.

Well, in the end of the day it is still pretty simple. Going towards my forties, I realized last year that I would be happier if I would be able to open up my personality a little bit. Dressing a little less conservatively would be part of that. I had been into wearing heels for a long time, but never found anything that went great with them. Until I learned about women's skinny jeans. Of course they didn't work on me, being 5-11 and 210 lbs (179cm/95kg), so I decided to loose some weight.

A year later I weigh 150lbs (68kg), my waistline went from 35" to 28", and I can wear whatever I want. Previously I rarely gave women's clothes a second glance, but now I buy more than half of my jeans and tops from that part of the store.

Congratulations Arctic. That is some achivement!

I also wear womens jeans since loosing weight.

Great achievement Arctic! It just goes to show that the desire to wear heels can be a positive inspiration and a source of self-esteem. The drop in weight must be so much easier on your feet when you're wearing heels too. Enjoy looking and feeling good!

If you like it, wear it.

In my case, Histiletto, not at all. In fact my feet are a bit swollen when I get up in the morning, than in the afternoon. At least that's what I can read from my girl's shoes and my boots.

My swelling happens after I have set for a while or haven't been active enough in an upright position. When I weighed a bit less, there was still some swelling, but it was minimal. Well, this is another reason to keep off the extra poundage.

I may be amongst the lightest here (skinny, or as I think Keith Richards says 'elegantly wasted'). I'm 5' 10''/179cm and 8st 3lb/52.3kg and my weight has been pretty much constant for many years. I'm not and have never been either bulemic or anorexic but some people think it must be the case. My waist is around 24'', which means finding men's trousers that fit is difficult as the slimmest tend to be 28''. Personally I'd love to gain about 1st but it just doesn't happen regardless of exercise or diet.

Oh, that's very thin. My wife is 172 and weighs 49kg, and my son is 172 and is 58kg and they are very, very thin so you must be thinner than them. Wow.

• 4 weeks later...

do you know randy couture? i've got the same shape

i'm training at wing chun to get the same body as him too as i'm a bit heavier(20pounds)

i rarely street heel as i don't realy dare yet, imagine a heavyweight boxer in stilleto :)

i love those ones Posted Image

which i wear sometime out

I'm 5'6 and 180. A combination of working from home and living in America has really fattened me up. Need to get back down to my normal weight of 150 or so - never been "thin", just not built that way - have a big barrel chest and enormous thighs from playing sports my whole life. (Which makes me look all the weirder in heels!)