The MAN look, with heels

ChipsHH

Facial hair while heeling?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Facial hair while heeling?

Men and women are very different you know. It would be silly to ignore those differences.

Almost as silly as a man would look in stilettos.

Only because it is a rare sight. When I first spiked my hair in the seventies people would cross the road to avoid me as I was unusual and classed as a violent thuggish punk who they believed would attack them due to my freaky hairstyle, others said my hair looked ridiculous and silly. Now the majority of men have short spiked hair just like mine back then but are they scary or silly? It's all about popular perception and not actual genuine appearance.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Men and women are very different you know. It would be silly to ignore those differences.

Or almost as silly as a woman would look in pants? Please get over yourself.

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

My vote is for no facial hair. To me high heels are something to wear when your cleaned up and to me that means clean shaven. A women wouldnt wear a skirt and heels without shaving her legs, so I dont think wearing heels without shaving makes much sense. That being said I dont think I could wear heels out in public period. Although at the end of the day all that really matters is what your comfortable with.

Anyone who can't tell between a male and a female is in a tranny area or they don't have the natural drive along with a mental deficiency needed to relate with others. Having said this, society has over emphasized the gender theory to the end that only one side has the true qualities of human beings and the other merely imitates or mirrors the things they see. You can decide which side is what, but women have the go ahead to be as much like men as they choose, while men are frowned upon should they even hint the personna of femininity. If men and women were really like their social stereotyping, why are we even having this discussion. Surely, women wouldn't want to be seen in any manly scenario and men wouldn't have any desire for that which is considered women's. As you can see, the stereotyping doesn't hold true in most all cases, because men and women have more things in common than society, as a whole, is willing to concede. As a man, I prefer to be with and associate with women more, especially in closer relationships, than I will ever be able to give such priority to men, but I view both men and women with the equal respect they should be afforded as human beings.

To put it bluntly, men and women have physical and biological differences. These are in place to promote the multiplying and the replenishing of posterity. This function is a tool of divinity, or as close as most mortal have been capable of initiating, so I hold this process in very high esteem and reverents. If this is all that men and women were about, then we are only test objects and all this social stuff is meaningless.

Now, men and women are individuals who began life as female embryos with all of the same human properties. Each person cultivates these potentials according to their divine intelligence. If there are differences other than our abilities in the propagation process, it would be the differences that exists between all individuals in what is known as a person. It is the misunderstanding of genderism promoted by our social standards that gives us the perspective that men and women can't have the same thoughts and desires. Society is so set on keeping its stereotyped classifications, that it hampers people in really living a life they would choose if given the possibilities. It has been said, we only have this life to live, so let me make it as full as I can according to who I am. By the way, you won't see me in a punk or heavy metal gig. Relieved???!

Society is so set on keeping its stereotyped classifications, that it hampers people in really living a life they would choose if given the possibilities. It has been said, we only have this life to live, so let me make it as full as I can according to who I am.

Very well spoken. I totally agree. But I suspect that all the mentioned preconceptions will make it hard for all us men that like to do something that society thinks is different. It has ben mentioned before, but why do ,especially men, think that any man that does not dress like everybody else automatically is gay? Gay people does not normally use high heels or dress in skirts.

I suppose it will take time before society will accept men in heels and skirts etc. It took time before it was accepted for women to dress in pants.

Best regards, Stefan

I voted that it doesn't matter. As my face has not seen the light of day since 1975 and plans to stay that way for the remainder of my years, I would not be able to heel without the "MAN" look. I do, however, feel that the more feminine shoe styles are contradicted by facial hair when trying to pull off the look in public. My opinion only.

Men and women are very different you know.

Yep. Women become pregnant and carry the kid. Outside of that ONE scientific element, can you show me these ' great ' differences?

*I* find the main differences to be nothing more then Attitude.

It would be silly to ignore those differences.

Again, if you can show 1 difference between the 2sexes, outside of the one I stated, I will gladly thank you for the education.

If you look at my avatar, That is me. Its not me on a ' daily basis ' or even as a Fetish ( I hate that word ). Theres no corset, no ass pads, no hip pads or laytex anything. ( dont I have great hair! :smile: )

I've served my nation in the Armed Forces, build classic cars on a daily basis, love women and had all kinds of compliments including ENVIOUS ones from women that halloween. The only ' silly ' thing was the expressions on peoples faces when they found out who I was.

Some of the WOMEN there couldnt walk in those shoes ( I watched it myself ). THAT was ' Silly '! Even other women laughed about it.

Not to be a prude, asking an honest question here : Do you believe some over-weight women should be restricted from wearing halter tops because they have the ' sausage roll ' effect?

Do you believe men that have a ' shed that covers the tools ' when their gut hangs over their belt buckle ( Some call it a ' dunlop ' like the car tires.. ya know.. ' It done lopped right over my belt buckle ' ) shouldnt been seen in public?

Surely, both of us could state and have medical backing saying neither is whats ' healthy ' but both are ' normal '. We see it all the time.

Theres how many men on this site whom wear stilettos? Surely, by vote alone, your notion of ' silly ' would be nothing more then an opinion which would be invalidated by the masses alone.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Theres how many men on this site whom wear stilettos? Surely, by vote alone, your notion of ' silly ' would be nothing more then an opinion which would be invalidated by the masses alone.

Well, I'm sure it probably would now since the site has become completely dominated by transvestites.

Well, I'm sure it probably would now since the site has become completely dominated by transvestites.

You know it's funny. I was in the hospital the other day with my wife, whose having a baby shortly. We saw a Muslim woman, dressed as if she lived in Iran, or the former Taliban dominated Afghanistan. It made me think, is that what intolerance delivers?

All of a sudden I realise that right now my signature applies here. Have fun Amanda, because we are here to stay. :smile:

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

You say that as if its something bad.

trans·ves·tite   

[trans-ves-tahyt, tranz-] Show IPA

–noun

a person, especially a male, who assumes the dress and manner usually associated with the opposite sex.

I dont see many men on here acting as women. If anything, I see ' people ' being themselves and trying to enjoy whatever it is they do.

As mentioned, I work on a lot of cars. I also hunt, fish, ride ATV's, Spit on the sidewalk, Fart in public, Take a leak standing up in the woods while hunting ( usually at home as well ). How about scratching like a baseball player? Is that what women do? ( Another honest question ). I can guarantee you from being a guy myself, EVERY man on this site has done at least half of those things on a constant basis. ( I bet some of the women do as well! )

I took note that you didnt answer anything else in what I offered. Ill mention it again, verbatim :

If you can show 1 difference between the 2sexes, outside of the one I stated ( Pregnancy/child birthing ), I will gladly thank you for the education.

I would rather company with those ' transvestites ' then an intolerant and uneducated person any given day of the week. Wouldnt you? Isnt that what we all want? Just to be peaceful and let others live in happiness unhindered?

Well, what are you doing out on the internet, you silly lass? Or working, for that matter? Shouldn't you be in the kitchen, cooking for your man? :smile:

Well, what are you doing out on the internet, you silly lass? Or working, for that matter? Shouldn't you be in the kitchen, cooking for your man? :smile:

I don't think this is called for, even when you put the smiley.

She gave her opinion. That is her opinion and it is just as valid as the opinion of people who think differently.

There are women who like their men with lots of hair and there are women who like their men cleanly shaven. Nobody would make a big stink about that. So she doesn't like men in stilettos. She also says that she likes very manly men. Those manly men probably are walking more like oxen than like deer and hence would not look good in stilettos. Just like the average 250 pound woman would not look good in stilettos either.

Not all men are like that, but why would she have to like all men? OK, that may hurt a few egos, but that is the way it is.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

@Yozz -> Perhaps you need to understand sarcasm. I very much doubt that the literal meaning applies here.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

She also says that she likes very manly men.

Y.

Just what is ' Manly '? Being a Combat Vet? Having a beard? Body builder? Mechanic? X-game athlete?

Many women fit those rolls and they are gaining in numbers every day.

What made me wonder a lot about this topic was ' The man look ' as the threads title presented.

I really dont think theres a consistent answer.

If you ask someone from the 70's, what would their response be? Platforms, bell bottoms and a hairy chest sticking out? Sideburns going to their chin?

What if we asked an ' Emo ' kid what the ' man ' look was? He would break down and cry, his mascara would run! :D He would then tell us about his tight pants, ' Mary K ' products being on sale and how much he loves everyone. Those young guys will be men someday. If they continue wearing what they do now, will they not be ' manly '? Thats a rather nice slice of the populace to not consider ' manly '.

If by ' man look ' someone means Jeans, half covered in grease, smelling like the garage/shop I work in, sure, I could agree with that. Then again, I would be lying as the woman whom works in the bay across from mine looks just like that when were working. Is she ' less feminine ' or more ' manly '? I would LOVE to take her on a date! Shes quite a looker!

Some of the bands I listened to growing up.. Whitesnake, Poison, Motley Crew, Dokken, Def Leopard.. theres a whole list.. They wore lace and fringed shirts, had ' mall queen ' or ' big hair ', were they men? I bet MANY woman whom entertained them over their time on the charts would say they were men! Some paternity suits to the courts proves it.. But surely, they werent ' manly '?

What I really dont care for is when someone labels weather someone is feminine or manly due to what they wear. That someone is a ' transvestite ' or a ' cross dresser ' because they might wear or have a taste for the opposite genders clothing? What we wear is discarded at the end of the day, we take a shower ( hopefully ) and what is left is who/what we really are.

If a plane crashes and all of one gender perishes and the survivors are left with the wreckage and only have the opposite genders clothes to wear.. its freezing cold ( Antarctic area ) are those survivors now cross-dressers or transvestites?

They chose to wear those clothes on their own free will. Nobody forced them to..

Nobody is forcing anything upon anyone, why the labeling then?

Im starting to believe my perspective is much wider then most. Thats a crying shame too.:smile:

Edit : BTW Yozz, your post made me laugh, thank you!

People, people, people... Let us not confuse personal opinion with helpful and measured comment. Unless one has been in a minority and struggles with predjudice [regarding fashion and footware] it is understandable that one might feel justified to hold strong opinions. I can hear the lady say "How can I be wrong if most of the world conforms and agrees with me?" Don't forget that for sexism and intolerance to flourish, good people must do nothing...

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

Er, it's actually really simple... Most women look fab in heels, most men simply look ridiculous in them. Just my opinion. It's a question of aesthetics rather than veiled social control. Jeez. But no one here has questioned anyone's right to run around in ladies shoes, if so disposed. However, it's just as inflammatory and insensitive to attack an openly expressed opinion as it is to denigrate a cultural minority. That's the price of liberalism. But men still look daft in heels...

"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything." Nietzsche.

Amanda is generalising rather, and I didn't like the dig about transvestites, but she does have a point in that most men do not look right in stilettos. Russell Brand might be able to pull it off, but in general unless you're built like a gazelle and look somewhat androgynous they just don't look right. This applies to me too, I look like a rugby player and am tattooed and hairy, which is why stilettos are strictly for around the house. My take on this is based purely on aesthetics, in the same way that I think women in jogging pants and ugg boots look sloppy and common. As far as I can tell, she's not saying that we shouldn't wear them, just that she doesn't like it, which she is entitled not to. I admit though I am surprised to be agreeing with her as I did think that coming into the guys section to say how much she dislikes guys in heels is rather inflammatory.

A quick scan of the forums will show that Amanda is right. HHP has become a site largely given over to 'shoe' transvestism. Very few women now ever post outside the Girls Only forum (where men are banned from commenting) and so the exchange between women and men who appreciate and love the subject of women in heels and hosiery is practically non-existent. It's a bunch of men talking to each other about wearing high heeled shoes. Far from her post being inflammatory, Amanda's contribution merely voiced what looks like the women's take on this. I don't see a rush of posts from women here all screaming about their love of men in heels... It's a minority interest, gentlemen. Live with it.

"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything." Nietzsche.

The point here isn't whether women like this look or not, it's about the right to express oneself in a non-destructive way, which may help us lead happier and more fulfilling lives. Women didn't ask men to like them in pants. They demanded it. It is our time to do the same. I'm not here to argue this point. The only thing I care about is that someone might be here watching this, wondering if they should follow a hidden desire. Don't let a bystander in this affair curb your enthusiasm. Personally, I still believe women should stay out of this section of the forum. I know I'm in the minority here, but that doesn't change the fact that guys posting in their section simply get deleted. I see her statement as purely inflammatory. It doesn't even relate to the subject at hand. So anyway, can we continue with the topic now?

Yes. Let's get back to the subject of bearded men in high heels, urgently. I don't really see the point of any forum in which either sex can't post. That DOES seem weirdly sexist, but call me old-fashioned. Hey-ho.

To be honest no I don't think men look daft in heels, but they must be the correct heels to go with what he is wearing. Today in town I looked at quite a few girls in jeans and and bit of a heel on their boots, and the look goes well together. So to me a guy wearing trousers jeans etc and a bit of a heel is ok, nothing to write home about. It seems a little bit more stylish, and acceptable. Thats how I hope I come across anyway when I am in heels. Secondly I have to agree with Amanda that there is a lot of transvestite type people on this forum, nothing wrong with that and the very best of luck to them, do what you want. But it's not for me. David.

life is not a rehearsal

Er, it's actually really simple...

Most women look fab in heels, most men simply look ridiculous in them. Just my opinion. It's a question of aesthetics rather than veiled social control. Jeez.

But no one here has questioned anyone's right to run around in ladies shoes, if so disposed.

However, it's just as inflammatory and insensitive to attack an openly expressed opinion as it is to denigrate a cultural minority. That's the price of liberalism.

But men still look daft in heels...

Actually I kind of agree except that the only reason it looks "daft" is because there are so few guys doing it. I suspect that the first few women to wear trousers "looked daft".

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The site has always been about tolerance. The whole concept of this site to my understanding is to provide a place for people who like to wear heeled footwear in a society that currently, not historically, see's this as abnormal for a single gender. For me personally, I don't care for stilletos because I don't think I look good in them. I also know I don't have the legs for a skirt or dress so don't wear those items either. On these points, as a matter of personal taste we both actually agree. That said, when the day is done, it's foolish to expect everyone else's taste to be exactly like mine or yours. Posting negative sentiment on a board specifically for people who are enthousiasts for something you think they are foolish to wear makes no sense to me whatsoever unless you're an attention starved troll? It would be like me going to a Ford car board and telling everyone there that they look foolish driving Ford cars. Do you think even a single member would stop driving Fords because of such comments??? Come on already!

I think the moderators do a commendable job with not letting the site become a transvestite-only site. It's a tough road to hoe for sure. I also think that it might be a good idea to re-consider who gets to post where. Your aggression is not unlike male aggression as far as I can tell.

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Actually I kind of agree except that the only reason it looks "daft" is because there are so few guys doing it. I suspect that the first few women to wear trousers "looked daft".

And I agree with this one.

Besides:

e gustibus non est disputandum "there is not to be discussion regarding tastes"

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

Charlie, Your post entirely fails to address the point about the heavy bias of the site toward transvestites, which is self evident from the forums and the images posted here. I gather it wasn't always so and that there was once a much broader mix of females and males. To that extent the bias has swung toward a single point of interest and the many women who might enjoy exchanging views and opinions now do so from a single tiny section of the site. And you seem intent on being overtly offensive; using phrases to a woman member here like 'get over yourself' (in an earlier post), 'attention starved troll' and in your last sentence below, making an unclear point about 'male' aggression..? Maybe it's you who should get over yourself, and lighten up?

Guys.... Enough with the nonsense already.... "The site" is NOT biased towards transvestites at all, in fact, any CD/TV/TG content is removed as soon as its seen, as thats NOT what this "Community" is about, or for... Obviously we cant see everything, all of the time, but any CD/TV/TG content that is spotted, is ditched, so no, there is NO bias at all towards transvestites. If you cant keep things on-topic, and polite, then were going to have to waste more time cleaning up yet another thread.... This community isnt about "tolerance" either, its just a website for folk who love high heels, simple as, no reading between the lines, its for everybody... But, its NOT a catwalk for guys to parade around as girls... Thanks guys... Your really helping :smile:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Tech, Thanks for the knuckle rap... As for there being no bias toward transvestism, well, have a peek in the Galleries sometime...

You can stop arguing all of you. I don't think men look great in heels and I believe that Transvestites/cross-dressers have taken over this site. I am entitled to my opinion just as you all are.

Tech is right, we are off topic and I take full responsibility for that.

So, I voted; Facial hair while heeling? Doesn't matter

You can stop arguing all of you. I don't think men look great in heels

That you don't like men in heels is no big deal. There are plenty of other fish in the sea who do.

That you have to repeat yourself (even in your 'concluding statement') in the same thread after seeing what responses the initial comments aroused makes me doubt the sincerity of your words "I take full responsibility for that"

and I believe that Transvestites/cross-dressers have taken over this site.

It could be a lot worse. You should have seen the site back in 2002, when it was truly 'completely dominated by transvestites'. Mods and Tech donate their time and considering that they are people who work for free, I'm grateful for the changes they have enacted, not critical of them.

IMHO, this was never an issue about defending your entitlement to your opinion. You already know the site is full of men who support men wearing heels. What kind of responses did you expect when you recycled your opinion, in the same thread nonetheless, repeatedly?

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.