Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Thighbootguy, it sounds like you had a great time on Saturday. It's pretty cool to hear how the guy made an excuse to come talk to you so that he could compliment you on your boots and ask questions. I always enjoy reading your posts. Keep it up! Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else notice the presentation of the Walter Peytan 2010 award just before the Superbowl stared? And, you ask, why is TBG posting this question? Walert Peytan's daughter was part of the presentation ceremony and if you look close, she is wearing a great looking pair of OTK boots.

Award Presentation

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

With all the snow, I’ve been working at home so I spent Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday wearing black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels and this was after spending the last weekend wearing them. I have been getting in a lot of HH time. Last night was Friday night so it’s jeans at work over blue knee high boots with 2” block heels. We had consultants/salesmen in the shop and I did notice one of them taking an extra long look at my boots. On the way home I changed the blue boots for a pair of black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos, coupled with a black leather jacket the outfit looked nice. I stopper at PetsMart and the folks saw me pull into the parking lot and had my case of cat food all ready for me when I walked in. I also needed a bag of dry food, so I walked back and got it. I really think they are going for good customer service rather than truing to get rid of the guy in boots as quickly as possible. Next I went to Sam’s and took my time wandering around, just having a good time. No one even raised an eyebrow. This was a short outing but still lots of fun. :blinkbigeyes:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday I went to a concert in the Oxford Ohio Community Arts Center and heard the Lisa Biales Trio perform. The concert was fantastic and I could fill several pages with a review but this is a heel forum so…

Oxford is about an hour’s drive from my home so I got in 2 hours of driving in 5” stilettos. I wore a black leather jacket, grey turtleneck, jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I had to park about a block from the Arts Center and there was still a lot of snow left in mounds I had to climb over but no one on the street even seemed to bat an eye at my passing by. By the way, Oxford is the home on Miami University so this is a university town as well as an arts community.

In the Center, I got a couple of glances, which is to be expected, and some nice folks directed me to the performance hall.

I had met Lisa Biales several months ago when she had a concert in her home, where I did wear my boots. She recognized me as soon as I walked in and greeted me like a long lost friend and invited me back to her home for the next concert she is planning next month. She asked if I had seen the rest of the Center and I said I hadn’t so I spent the next 20 minutes wandering around the galleries.

At the end of the concert Lisa announced the guest artist performance she was having at her home and said that she had made some new friends at these concerts, and looked directly at me with a nice smile. At the concert, no one seemed to give a rip about (or even notice) my footwear. After the concert I chatted with Lisa again and with the director of the center, who invited me back again.

Either I have found some incredibly nice folks, or the arts community is so desperate for members they are willing to invite a guy wearing thigh boots with heels into their world (I think there just really nice folks).

After a walk back to the car and an hours drive, I was still floating along, buoyed by the reception I had gotten and the great concert I had heard.

This was a great afternoon, and a great reason the rescue this thread from page 2. :blinkbigeyes:

:pulsingheart:

Interesting! Watched the video and listened to a couple of other songs. Unusual mix of instruments for a trio....violin, cello and guitar. Pleasant voice and nice mellow accompaniment. I'd attend one of her concerts if she ever performed in a venue close to my place. Not surprising that she would remember you without prompting. Not every man shows up with their hair in a pony tale and wearing stiletto heeled thigh- boots. Especially if they're knowledgeable conversationalists and present an aura of "comfort in their own skin." :blinkbigeyes:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have always preached you should be confident with the look you present but the phrase [to] present an aura of "comfort in their own skin." is a much more elegant way of putting it. Thanks for the complement.

I wasn't the only guy their with a pony tail ... :blinkbigeyes:

This is Friday which meant that jeans, and blue leather knee high boots with 2” block heels worn under the jeans, along with a bulky dark gray ribbed turtleneck was the outfit for the day.

After work I stopped in a local Goodwill for the first time in weeks, and I found a long black lamb skin blazer (women’s size 16) for $7. It fit very nicely and was just too good a deal to pass up. I wore the blazer with my boots outside my jeans for several shopping stops. I went to my usual Friday night stops, Wallgreen’s, PetsMart, and Sam’s all without incident. The gal in PetsMart said she really liked the blazer and I met a manager from work at Sam’s. I’ve met the same manager at Sam’s before when I was wearing my thigh boots with 5” stilettos and she was Ok with it.

I also had a very conservative coworker ask me where I had gotten my purse (his words) and I told him I found it at the Goodwill (he also shops there) he then shared that he thought guys should carry a purse because it looks much better than the fat wallet most guys carry.

All and all, an interesting Friday.

:blinkbigeyes:

Bootking - Nice boots!

Tonight was my first time out in public in thigh high stilettos.i was on an outing tonight and decided at the last minute to wear my Colin Stuart thigh high black patent boots with the 4 buckles and straps, 4" heels. I was wearing a black tunic top, gold chain link belt and black leggings. And of course a black patent bag to match.

First I stopped at the Mary Kay lady's home for some stuff. As soon as I walked in, she and her daughter gushed over the boots! She even said that you walk so well in them, I can't walk in that height heel. I said to her they're only three and a half (my mistake) - she said "only three and a half?" Too much for me!

Buy the time I left I only had one dollar left to me! So, I now had to stop at the bank and get some cash. Of course, it wasn't a machine that you could drive up to but it was a walk up, right in front of the bank. I had to wait for the man in the bank to come out, but out i came, across the sidewalk, into the bank in full view while I was doing the business there and then back to the car.

Then out to the meeting and return. If it had been earlier, I would have stopped at the mall or Walmart to get some stuff. The pix aren't the greatest quality but it is what it is.

Very nice boots and I congratulate you on your outing.

Tonight was my first time out in public in thigh high stilettos.i was on an outing tonight and decided at the last minute to wear my Colin Stuart thigh high black patent boots with the 4 buckles and straps, 4" heels. I was wearing a black tunic top, gold chain link belt and black leggings. And of course a black patent bag to match.

Great outing! And isn't it awesome to wear thigh high boots? What was it like to wear leggings, and what about the top you wore? Do you felt it was long enough to work well with the leggings? Since I plan to wear leggings in public myself, I'm curious to know how well your outfit worked for you.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks Roni and Jeff,

I've worn thigh boots in public many times before, but they are the flat Pleaser type, usually in snow or thereabouts. I wear leggings (tights) in the gym every time I go except in summer, so I'm very used to them. I would live in them everyday if I could as they are so comfortable to wear (although the gym ones are the shiny footed type). The tunic top was most definitely long enough without question, comfortably long enough to cover what you want covered well but short enough to show some leg. I am not into that micro-mini look at all.

Jeff, go for it!

It's all about the heel!

I went to a POCO concert Saturday night. This was part of the Greater Cincinnati Performing Arts Series (GCPAS) of concerts I have been attending. I headed to the concert wearing my black leather blazer, jeans, a dark turtleneck and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I parked at the far end of the parking lot and walked in. I noticed there was a squad car watching the parking lot for security and I remember think about how that wasn’t a problem at all, and looking back on it, being glad they were there. When I walked in the president of GCPAS greeted me like a long lost patron and walked across the lobby to shake my hand. We chatted about the concert and I recommended Lisa Biales an opening act for next year. I walked over to the On-Call window for my ticket and all the folks there recognized me and greeted me warmly. Another guy I don’t recall ever meeting before said he’d recognize me anywhere whit those [boots] and shook my hand. As I was taking my seat a lady commented to me that she admired my skill in walking on those heels and continued that she could never do it. The concert was Ok (but not great) so I left after the first on chore (I think they came out a second time). I ran into the president again and he broke off a conversation he was having with someone to ask if he had given me a series T-shirt. I said he hadn’t so he pulled one out and gave it to me. I really do appreciate the warm welcome I get at the concerts but I also think he wants me to become a real patron, which I would do in a minute if I could afford it. As I was walking back to my car, I was near a mom and two little girls and when one of the girls took a spill in a pile of snow, her mom didn’t seem upset that a guy in boots with heels turned to help. The kid was up before I could do anything but I am cautious about being around kids when I’m wearing my boots because some parents are way over reactive. All in all it was a very nice outing. :blinkbigeyes:

TBG:-) It sounds like a very eventful outing for you. Enjoy reading your informative stories. You never know just what you will encounter when out on your heeling outings. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

... I left after the first on chore...

The word you were looking for is encore.

... I am cautious about being around kids when I’m wearing my boots because some parents are way over reactive.

I remember my first outing, there was a small group of Boy Scouts outside the grocery store. As I walked in, I noticed them watching me, and I kept thinking, "This should be an interesting memory for them."

heh

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Yesterday I got my black leather thigh boots back from the cobbler where I had new heel tips installed on the 5” stilettos and it was time to take them out for a spin.

I stopped at Petsmart and Sam’s after work but was a little short on time so I didn’t dally too long in either store. Both stops were non events. The folks at Petsmart had my cat food ready for me when I walked in and Sam’s was just a quick in and out.

Today I went over to the Art museum wearing jeans, a black leather blazer, and my boots. It has been a while since I was at the museum and every guard I saw in the museum first said “Hi” and then asked if everything was Ok because they hadn’t seen me for a while. I was kind of nice realizing that a guy in thigh boots can make a positive impression. I chatted with several of the visitors about the art and there was one guy (and his wife) I ran into several times who was wearing a T-shirt from a motorcycle shop. He seemed really interested in the art and not put off by a guy in boots with heels. The museum has been displaying vintage cars in the lobby and this month they had a perfectly restored Indian motorcycle that I’m sure this guy appreciated.

The MadCap Puppets were performing a walk around show where they walk around the museum and interact with the kids. These puppets are 10’ tall with the puppeteer inside. After watching them work in the lobby for a few minutes, I walked up to one on them and looked at where the face of the puppeteer had to be (rather than up at the face of the puppet) and said, “Most excellent theater” and receiver a “thank you” for my effort.

I took the walk into and out of the museum at much more leisurely pace than I normally do because the temperature was up to 50F and it was great to be outside, and I had new heel tips and I didn’t want to tear them up by walking aggressively on cement.

After the museum I stopped at my favorite thrift emporium and a St.Vincent DePaul and bought a small piece of pottery in each store. No one seemed to bat an eye in either store. I did generate a little attention because I had to park several blocks away from St.Vincent DePaul and some of the folks on the street had never seen a guy in boots with heels before. Nothing happened while I was walking other than a couple of stares and some quick stepping to avoid cracks in the sidewalk and grates.

The outing went very well until I got home and managed to drop both packages as I was opening the back door. They landed on a cement floor and at least all the pieces remained in the bags. Other than that, walking for 3 hours on cement is tiring, and doing it on 5” stilettos is even more tiring so it’s good to be back home and I think I’ll walk around in flats for a little while to stretch the calf muscles back into shape. I’ve been on 2 ½ ”- 4” heels at work all week so flats do feel good for a while, then it will be back to thigh boots with 4” stilettos.

:smile:

SandalFan –

Thanks for the correction. I thought that looked wrong when I wrote it but the hour was late and I let it go. :)

Thighbootguy ... I am happy that you had another fun outing. I enjoy reading your posts and as I have said before I too enjoy the comfort of thigh boots on my legs and the enjoyment of 5" stiletto high heels. I have a day off this Friday and I plan on spending the entire day running errands while wearing 5" stiletto high heels. I look forward to reading about your next outing.

This afternoon (after running around in flats for a little while) I took JeffB’s recommendation and went to see the Sherlock Homes movie and to my surprise I enjoyed it. I went to the theater wearing my black leather blazer, a grey ribbed turtleneck, black hose, a short black leather skirt and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos (with new heel tips). This outfit works well together. The coat is a long blazer that stops just inches above the hem of the skirt. No one seemed to bat an eye when I walked in to buy my ticket or when I walked into the theater, which had a nice crowd. I made my way to the center of the theater and took my seat. The idea is to be in the center and far enough back that I see the whole screen without turning my head and not seeing anything else to the right or left. The screen fills my field of vision. There were a few folks sitting around me but they were there to see the movie not a guy in boots so they paid me little attention. It had been a while since I was out in a short skirt and when I walked out of the theater I remembered why. The temperature had dropped from 50F to 30F while I was in the theater. The boots kept my legs warm but I was wishing I had worn a longer skirt. :smile:

Sounds like quite an enjoyable little trip. Speaking of the movie, while it's damn hard to think anyone can top the late Jeremy Brett's performance as Holmes back in the 80's, I thought Robert Downey Jr. did quite a credible job. A question, where was this theater at, a mall or a stand alone facility, and how crowded was it where you were?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB – The theater is a stand alone multiplex that gets movies after they have finished their initial theater run. Tickets are $3. Most of he time there aren’t too many people in the lobby or the theater and I normally arrive a little early but yesterday the theater had 20-30 folks already seated when I walked in (reasonable crowd for a 4:15 showtime) and I walked down the isle, past most of them, and sat in the center of the theater. I really didn’t give it a second thought. I still think Jeremy Brent got it right but this flick was a good thriller.

I have been bitten by the skort leather skirt bug, big time. When I was at the movies yesterday afternoon and the announcement flashed on the screen to turn off your cell phone, I realized I had lost my phone. So after a bad nights sleep from worrying about the phone, I decided I was going to have to retrace my steps from yesterday and see if I could find it. I had already called the theater and the museum to see if they had found my phone… they hadn’t. I went hunting wearing the same outfit I had worn to the theater, grey turtleneck, short black leather skirt, black hose, black leather long blazer, but I wore knee high black leather boots with a 2” block heel because I thought I was in for a lot of walking. I told a friend I was going looking for my phone and she said she would call it every once in a while. My first stop was the Art museum. This is the first time I had been to the museum in a short skirt. Only one other time had I worn a knee length fabric skirt. I parked about where I had parked yesterday and started walking in, retracing my steps and watching the ground. Then I got inside I told the guard and the folks at the front desk that I was looking for my phone and that I was going to make a quick tour. The wished me luck. I was in my fifth gallery when I heard a phone ring but it quit before I could locate the sound. I told all the guards I met I was looking for my phone and one gal said she had heard a phone but couldn’t locate it. The acoustics in the museum are VERY alive and a sound in one gallery carries into the main hall and bounces all over the place so locating a sound is a real challenge. I went back to the front desk and called my friend and asker her to call my phone and let it ring for 10 minutes, and hurried back up to the gallery where I heard a phone. Sure enough I heard a ring. I followed it through three galleries and the main hall and finally located it in a guard’s hand. They had just found it. I answered it and thanked my friend for the help. The phone had managed to get hooked onto the camp stool I was using and the stool was in the rack where they are stored. Bu the time I found it I think most of the guards were looking for my phone and its going to be a long time before I live this one down. Since I was already at the museum, I went back out to my car to get my sketch book and changed the knee high boots for my thigh boots with 5” stilettos and headed back into the museum. I stopped at the front desk and asked the gal there (I know her well) that if my attire ever presented a problem for the museum or an event at the museum, if she would tell my and I promised I would not be offended at all. She told me it was not a problem and they appreciated me coming in. So off I went on my first short skirt sketching outing. I worked in one gallery for a while then headed to one of my favorite galleries. There was a young lady with a museum “art cart” setting up in the gallery. She said she has a public art class the first and third Sunday of each month. We talked about the art in the gallery for about 10 minutes and how difficult each of the paintings was to draw. Then to my surprise, she said she had seem me working in the other gallery and wondered if I would like to join the class. I declined and headed into another gallery and sketched for a few minutes the reconsidered and went back and joined the class. As it turned out, I was the only one that was in the class so I worked for an hour on one sketch while she worked on hers then we started talking about our backgrounds (personal not drawn). It did occur to me how odd it was that I was sitting there wearing a leather skirt and thigh boots, and having a perfectly normal conversation with a very nice young lady. At no time did she ask me anything about why I was dressed as I was, and I didn’t mention it either. When I left the museum, both the gals at the front desk threw me big smiles and reminded me to come back, and I don’t think this wasn’t the normal P.R. stuff either. As I was walking back to the car, I realized how comfortable I felt dressed as I was out in public. I think (but I’m not sure) that being that comfortable is a good thing. :smile:

Last night I stopped in Sam’s after work for one item so it was a quick in and out. I was wearing a long sleeved white dress shirt, black leather jacket gray hose, a short black leather skirt and knee high black stretch fabric boots with 2 ½ “ block heels. This outfit, with the light hose, emphasized my lag too much and although my legs don’t look too bad (biking helps this), I should have worn my thigh boots or darker hose.

The trip was a non event. I spoke to some of the staff and no one batted an eye.

Today I woke up with a very sore throat so I called for a doctor’s appointment and got an early one. I pulled on a pair of jeans, a bulky gray ribbed turtleneck, and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and headed for the office. I got there about 15 minutes before my appointment and sat in the waiting room for all to see. No one said a word.

The doctor had seen me wearing boots on previous visits but the nurse (who I know well) had not. She didn’t miss a beat in her routine and didn’t ask (or even seem surprised). The doctor was his normal jolly self (seriously) and even patted my knee when he pronounced me well. He had never done that before and I think he has gotten used to the idea that I wear heeled boots.

As I was leaving I overheard a conversation in the waiting room like, “Yeah, I know it’s a guy”…. “I could never wear those heels”.

I worked form home the rest of the day to give the drugs time to work their magic.

Looks like this thread has broken the 200,000 views threshold and that means:

• Another software test has been passed (the counter goes above 200,000)
  • Folks either appreciate or are at least amused by my outings
  • I’ve been doing this way too long :smile:

Thanks to all the readers.

:)

TBG, your posts are definately appreciated. Thanks for sharing and for all of the encouragement that they offer all of us. Sounds like you've been having a lot of fun and that's the best part of it. Jim

Thank you again for two more great posts. I hate sounding like a broken record, but your stories, like many others, inspire me to heel in public in as many different places as possible and to wear high heels as natural and casual and comfortable as can be. I think it is great that the young ladies seem to approve of your outfits and thigh boots. I too love the approving looks and even the complements when I wear high heels in public. Thank you again for sharing your outins with us.

This afternoon (after running around in flats for a little while) I took JeffB’s recommendation and went to see the Sherlock Homes movie and to my surprise I enjoyed it. I went to the theater wearing my black leather blazer, a grey ribbed turtleneck, black hose, a short black leather skirt and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos (with new heel tips). This outfit works well together. The coat is a long blazer that stops just inches above the hem of the skirt.

No one seemed to bat an eye when I walked in to buy my ticket or when I walked into the theater, which had a nice crowd. I made my way to the center of the theater and took my seat. The idea is to be in the center and far enough back that I see the whole screen without turning my head and not seeing anything else to the right or left. The screen fills my field of vision. There were a few folks sitting around me but they were there to see the movie not a guy in boots so they paid me little attention.

It had been a while since I was out in a short skirt and when I walked out of the theater I remembered why. The temperature had dropped from 50F to 30F while I was in the theater. The boots kept my legs warm but I was wishing I had worn a longer skirt.

Last night I stopped in Sam’s after work for one item so it was a quick in and out. I was wearing a long sleeved white dress shirt, black leather jacket gray hose, a short black leather skirt and knee high black stretch fabric boots with 2 ½ “ block heels. This outfit, with the light hose, emphasized my lag too much and although my legs don’t look too bad (biking helps this), I should have worn my thigh boots or darker hose.

The trip was a non event. I spoke to some of the staff and no one batted an eye.

Today I woke up with a very sore throat so I called for a doctor’s appointment and got an early one. I pulled on a pair of jeans, a bulky gray ribbed turtleneck, and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and headed for the office. I got there about 15 minutes before my appointment and sat in the waiting room for all to see. No one said a word.

The doctor had seen me wearing boots on previous visits but the nurse (who I know well) had not. She didn’t miss a beat in her routine and didn’t ask (or even seem surprised). The doctor was his normal jolly self (seriously) and even patted my knee when he pronounced me well. He had never done that before and I think he has gotten used to the idea that I wear heeled boots.

As I was leaving I overheard a conversation in the waiting room like, “Yeah, I know it’s a guy”…. “I could never wear those heels”.

I worked form home the rest of the day to give the drugs time to work their magic.

Looks like this thread has broken the 200,000 views threshold and that means:

• Another software test has been passed (the counter goes above 200,000)
  • Folks either appreciate or are at least amused by my outings
  • I’ve been doing this way too long :smile:
Thanks to all the readers.

:silly:

I enjoyed reading your posts since this thread started and long before I even became a member. This is my favorite thread to read.

I also enjoyed watching the Sherlock Holmes movie, wearing my brown boots in public.

I just posted another TBG video:

Thighbootguy Gets Boots

I'm wearing the same outfit I wore to the Museum,black blazer, short leather skirt, boots with the exception that the knee high boots are grey in the video and I wore black ones to the museum.

:smile:

love the video thighbootguy, I also love that wonderful music you played on your guitar!!:smile: by the way, if you could, tell me what was that song, its very pretty! cheers, Brad

I had a little more time so I made two more TBG videos:

Thighbootguy Makes a Cup of Tea

and

Thighbootguy LBD (little black dress)

While I welcome comments, I’m not interested in being reminded how I butchered making a cup of tea. This is not a video for the tea purest (or tea party members) rather it is about wearing chap boots and a short skirt. This is not an outfit I’d wear in public especially if I had to sit down.

In the LBD video I’m wearing thigh boots , a LBD, and a bolero jacket. This video may not be up too long. The look is Ok but the audio isn’t what I wanted. I tried a vocal but I’m just getting over a bad cold and the dress is tight enough to prevent easy breathing. :smile:

Brad - The first part of the music was based on "Love of the Common People" - John Denver, the second part was just a series of chords in E that I like.