Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I went shopping at my usual haunts last night after work. I went to Wallgreen’s, Sam’s and a nearby Goodwill. Last night’s outfit was a gray turtleneck, black leather blazer, black leather knee length skirt, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. Yeah, I know it’s a lot of black leather, but at least its coordinated. The temperature was in the low 50sF and that is about the upper limit for that much leather. I was comfortable but doing anything that required much effort, like loading the car, was just too warm. I didn’t attract any attention (that I noticed) in any of the stores. In Sam’s I commented to the register clerk (that I know well) that it was getting too warm for this outfit, and her reply was, “Oh that’s too bad.” She has commented before on how envious she was of my outfits. The clerks in Walgreen’s had never seen me before but didn’t give any reaction at all other than treating me like any other customer. Although I very comfortable with the look, I’m really going to have to learn to do something other than black leather, or at least that much of it all in one outfit. :smile:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

The warm weather continues (mid 60s F) and I had to make a stop at PetsMart on the way home from work. I wore a blue/white stripe dress shirt, a short black lambskin skirt, a black leather blazer, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. Because I was wearing a short skirt, I also wore black hose, but during the day I managed to get a major run in the hose that ran from the tip of my thigh down passed my knee. At work, the hose is under jeans so it wasn’t a problem but with the short skirt it looked awful. I have added a 4” cuff on the top of my boots that I normally wear turned down so the boots are only 2” taller than normal. My solution for the run in my hose was to turn the cuff up so the boots came up to just under the hem of the short skirt and completely covered the run. This is the equivalent of wearing crotch high boots. The folks in the store know me well and didn’t bat an eye. The outfit looked Ok, but it is still a lot of black leather and a whole lot of boots. :smile:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Ah, the first day of spring and what better way to celebrate then getting out the bicycle and going for a ride even though it was 35 F. I pulled on a pair of black shiny Capri leggings, a black long sleeved stretch top, a gray T-shirt over the top, a short black leather skirt, 2 button black leather gloves and black flat mid calf high boots and drove up into the park. This is the same park where I shot Thighbootguy goes for a bike ride last year.

I rode for a little while but I was getting cold so I stopped and changed the mid calf high boots for my thigh boots with 5” stilettos and what a difference they made. I mentioned in a prior post that the arch of those boots is not comfortable for riding (but great for walking) but this was going to be a short ride and warmth made up for the difficulty in peddling. Some of the folks that saw me really didn’t notice what I was wearing, and others just waved a good morning.

I had forgotten how much effort is required to ride and how it affects my legs (especially on the first ride of the season) and when I stopped, I was surprised when I put my foot on the ground that my leg didn’t really want to hold me up and nearly went over (bike and all) in a heap.

I drove back home and took a nap then headed over to the museum. I wore a blue and white striped dress shirt, black leather blazer, a longer (below the knee) black leather skirt, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

It is a couple of blocks from the parking lot to the museum and there were lots of folks coming and going to the museum none of whom seemed bothered by a guy in a skirt and heels. I walked in and was greeted by the folks at the front desk and the guard. The gal at the desk, who I had just talked to two weeks ago, said she had found another job and would be leaving the museum. That happened the last time I got to know one of the front desk folks last year. Anyway, I asked were the drawing sessions were this week and she told me the gallery. I headed there and started to sketch.

A few minutes later the young lady that runs the drawing sessions came in and recognized me by name and asked if I had picked this gallery at random of if I was here for the session. I told her I was there to draw with her group. She sat down by me and showed me an oil pastel paint she had done (which really was very well done) and we chatted about the painting, the media, and her work. I did ask her if she would tell me if my attire was inappropriate for the class and she said, “No, your great, I love it.” About that time, a guard came through and greeted me with a hand shake like I was a long lost friend.

As the rest of the group showed up, I was introduced and no one batted an eye. After an hour and a half, I had completed two sketches and excused myself to go to another gallery where I did a quick sketch of one of my favorite paintings then walked back to the class. The teacher and I had talked about that painting two weeks ago and this time she said, “Let’s go and look at that.” So off we went, her in jeans and sneakers taking steps two at a time (which was not an option for me in a skirt and 5” heels). When I got to the gallery I pointed out the features I saw in the painting and she concluded that I had been looking at the painting “way too long”. We headed back to the gallery with the class and on the way she shared that she had several painting in one of the local commercial galleries. We bid each other a good afternoon and I headed back to my car.

I stopped at my favorite thrift emporium and found a collection of CDs (that’s compact disks not cross dressers) that were to my liking. I got a couple of looks but that to be expected. After that I went home and watched Xavier advance to the 16 team eliminations.

Sorry this ran so long but I did have a great day.

:smile:

Friday was a fun thigh boot day. I had a doctors appointment in the morning so I worked from home for a couple of hours (miracle of modern communications technology) then hedata for the doctor’s office wearing a long brown pull over sweated, jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I walked in from the parking lot and up to the registration window to pay my co-pay. There was only one person in the waiting room, an attractive lady, who offered me a smile. I sat down in the waiting room, then walked passed her to get a tissue then back to my seat. Again I got a nice smile and we chatted about the weather for a minute before her name was called. Several other folks came through and no one seemed bothered by my attire. When they called my name, I recognized the nurse from previous visits and she recognized me. After the weigh in, she lead me to an exam room and took my blood pressure. We chatted about my ailment and the new computer system they had started using. The doctor came in and shook my hand and proceeded with the exam which was one of those drop your pants, turn head, and cough exams. He didn’t say, this but I’m sure he had never given that exam to a guy wearing thigh boots with 5” heels before. He declared that I was going to live and went on to the next patient. I headed back out through the waiting room to leave and there was a very attractive lady (sales type I think) who gave me a very nice smile. I changed my boots for blue knee highs with a 2” heel and headed for work. There not ready for 5” stilettos at work, at least I’m not ready for that yet. After work, I stopped in Sam’s wearing my thigh boots again. I took my time getting my stuff and chatting with the staff. One lady did pass by me and without breaking stride said, “That’s one bad M------ F----- pair of boots.” I smiled and said they were fun. In the line at the checkout, the clerk at the deli, who I knew (and she had no customers) called me over to ring me out at her register. I don’t know what the other customers thought but I headed over and proceeded with the checkout. I headed out to the parking lot and loaded my stuff into the car and headed towards home. I stopped in the local liquor shop (Cork and Bottle) to get some Scotch. The parking lot was busy so I had a long walk into the store. In the store I walked past several customers and clerks as I headed for the Scotch section. I noticed a few glances but no one said a thing. At the checkout, the clerk (female) was as bubbly as a glass of sparkling wine and, although she didn’t mention my boots, I think she was delighted to see me wearing them. I headed home, put my purchases away and sampled the Scotch. :smile:

CAUTION WALL OF TEXT ALERT

It’s Saturday and I went shopping. I went out and about wearing a gray pull over sweater, a black leather blazer, a short black leather skirt, light tan hose, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I also carried a new purse that is (what else) black leather and has a short shoulder strap. It’s meant to be carried on your shoulder and tucked under your arm. That bag pulls the rest of the look together (thanks JeffB).

My first stop was my cobbler, to have heel tips replaced on another pair of thigh boots. I got out of the car and caught my reflection in the car’s window to make sure everything was in place. I was satisfied with the look so off I went across the parking lot. The cobbler is in a bug strip mall and there were lots of other folks around.

So I don’t have to repeat this for rest on the narrative, no one did more than give me a second glance. It may be that my look was so over the top that they didn’t know what to say or folks really don’t care anymore.

The cobbler said it would be a couple of days for the heel tips. I asked him if anyone else brought in boots like that and he laughed and said that no one else did.

The nest stop was my favorite thrift emporium. The store is in a strip mall with a crowded parking lot. I wandered through the store and only found some classical CDs (compact disks) that interested me. The gal at the register seemed envious of my find and commented that she listened to classical music. People either want to ignore me or seem fascinated to talk to a guy in a skirt and boots. I made my way back to the cad and headed for a WallMart superstore.

Again, the parking lot was full and I had a nice walk to the store. Once inside I found my stuff then headed back to look at the shoes and electronic trinkets. I was probably in the store for half an hour before I walked back to my car. Getting the cool outside was comfortable because the combination of the pullover sweater and the leather blazer is very warm. When I wear that blazes to work, I don’t leave it on all day so I forget how warm it can get.

I stopped in Sam’s for one item so I didn’t wander around. The lady at the exit said, ”I haven’t seen you in her for a while.”

I said I had been busy but wished her a good day.

The next stop was Lowe’s hardware, and another full parking lot. If cars in the parking lot are a gauge of the recover on the US economy, we are well on our way. I wandered around for a while until I found the item I wanted and headed for the registers. I had a choice of register operators, a dour looking guy or a cute blond gal. I got in the blond’s line. After she rang up my item she said, “I really like your boots.”

“Why thanks, that’s always nice to hear.”

“Where did you get them?”

“I found them on-line and then I added this cuff to the top.”

“You added that? It looks nice. Haven’t I seen you before? Do you shop in Sears?”

“No I don’t.”

“Well it must have been here then. You have a great day.”

I said I would and hoped she would also, and headed to my car.

The last stop was Kroger’s to pick up a prescription. Another full parking lot. I walked in and dropped my prescription off at the pharmacy and said I would do a little shopping while they filled it. I realized I had left my Kroger card out in the car so I walked back out to get it. When I got back in the store I went looking for the Jello. I found it on the bottom shelf and on sale. There was a lady looking at stuff just a foot or so away so I went down on one knee to get to the bottom shelf. I also made sure no one was going to trip over my foot that was sticking out. She looked down at me and said, ”That’s a good price on that.” When I got up she went down and got a couple of packages to.

I have noticed that when Kroger puts Jello on sale that also put panty hose on sale (don’t ask why) so I went over to the hose section and sure enough they were on sale so I bought a couple of pair in size D.

There were long checkout lines so I picked one with a nice looking lady clerk. If you have to wait you might as well enjoy the scenery. There was a very attractive lady in front of me with a full cart and she offered to let me go ahead of her but I declined and said I didn’t shop here if I was in a hurry.

To be truthful, I was just enjoying being out in a skirt and boots. The warmth of the store finally got to me and I slipped off the leather blazes and carried it over my arm. The lady running the register and the gal doing the bagging both seemed glad to chat with a guy in a leather skirt and boots and even a passing by manager wished me a good day.

I headed back out to the car and home. I had been out and about in mid day and on my feet for over three hours and although my boots are very comfortable, its good to sit for a while. I still can’t get over how comfortable I am going out dressed like that. By the way, not only did I not see anyone else in heels, I didn’t see anyone else in a skirt. That may add to my outfit being way out of step with what everyone else is wearing.

Out of step or not, I had a great time.

Geo – if you talking about my boots, thanks a lot.

Another great post, my friend, and it sounds like another fun day for you in your thigh boots in public. I too get the quick looks and then people go about their business. I spent yesterday running errands in a pair of pumps with ankle straps and 5" stiletto high heels. At the end of the day I took them off and noticed I had worn the heel tips down to the metal. So I too will have to take those to be repaired. Thank you again for sharing your outings with us.

Ah, Sunday and the last day of freedom (back to work Monday). I went over to the museum wearing a maroon T-shirt (with Greater Cincinnati Performing Arts Society emblazoned on the front), a black leather blazes, jeans and royal blue thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I also wore a baseball cap because it was starting a light rain and my theory is that if my glasses don’t get wet, then it isn’t raining :smile: (I really hate using an umbrella.)

All the parking lots were full so I had a nice walk on the street to the museum. As I got to the museum a lady comming out saw me comming and as she walked past me and said, "I like your boots."

I thanked her and figured the day had started well.

When I got there I noticed that there were a LOT of people in the lobby and the folks at the desk had rather anxious expressions on their faces. I asked what was going on and they said (almost had to shout) that there was a buss trip coming through with about 300 people. I figured today was going to be fun as I grabbed a stool and headed for a gallery. As I walked up the stairs, I noticed more people were streaming into the lobby.

Most of the folks on the tour were families with kids, so the museum prepared a scavenger hunt where the kids had to find stuff in the paintings and write it down on their paper. Swarms of people came through the gallery, clipboards in hand, looking for their next find. I’m sitting there on a camp stool with my blazes off, sketching a sculpture. (It’s hard to find models that will hold a pose that long.) Often I had a crowd around me watching me work and offering nice comments and often I would stop people and point out the Peter Paul Rubens painting they had just walked past. Everyone seemed glad that someone pointed out an interesting painting, even if that someone was wearing thigh boots with 5” heels.

I worked on that sketch for over an hour then headed to another gallery for a break.

After the crowd left, (you could tell they had gone because the ambient noise level in the museum dropped down to quiet), I headed back to the lobby and chatted with the folks at the desk then walked back to my car.

All in all and very fun outing.

:)

Dawn HH, Roniheels - Thanks for the kind words.

TBG:-) I'm like you. I hate to use an umbrella because my hands are always full and I can't hold that stuff and an umbrella too. I wear ball caps a lot too and I usually put my head down a bit to prevent the rain from streaking my glasses and making it harder to see where I'm going. Not only that I can see coins dropped on the pavements much easier and can pick them up. I am always finding coins. Sometimes I find paper money also. If I am successful in keeping the rain away from my glasses then I don't have to clean them off when I get inside of the building. Sometimes then I have a problem wth them steaming up going from the outside to the inside. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I am always surprised at what parts of a story will strike someone’s fancy. I had a grand day out and about in royal blue thigh boots and the part of the story that garnered comment was my baseball hat. Only on hhplace.org would that happen. I guess TBG running around in thigh boots has become a common place even. It has started to seem that way to me too. One part of the outing I forgot to mention was after the museum, I drove further into Eden Park in Cincinnati to an Ohio River overlook and stood there for about 5 minutes, with a bunch of other folks, watching some barge traffic on the river. I stayed there until it started raining in earnest and even the baseball cap wouldn’t keep my glasses dry. I got a couple of glances but then everyone left because of the rain. :smile:

TBG:-) You see---it shows that a lot of people read about your adventures in high heeled thighboots. You might have to try applying some Rain-x on your glasses so that you can find your way back to your car in a heavy rain storm. One thing for sure, your feet will stay dry. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I had Friday off from work and spent a good part of it catching up on sleep but I did manage to get out and a bout and the temperature was 80F. I wanted to get away from the all black leather look especially on a warm day so I pulled on a white polyester blouse, tan skort and a power blue long blazer that is a long as lab coat and came down to the hem of the skort. I also wore my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos but let then scrunch down to knee high length.

My first stop was the cobbler shop to pick up a pair of thigh boots with new heel tips and to drop off two pair of knee high boots that needed new heel tips. The cobbler recognized me and greeted me warmly. He is Vietnamese and English is a second or third language for him. After he saw what I had brought in he asked, “How many boots you have? These are not tall like the others.” I offered that I had a lot of boots. He had already told me last week that no one else was bringing in thigh boots.

Just because it was in the same strip mall, I stopped in my favorite thrift emporium and shopped around for a while. I did find a nice pair of leather gloves for $2.50 that will be a nice addition to the collection.

I needed to go to a Walgreen’s drug store and there was one in the area so I headed in. I rarely shop this store but they didn’t miss a beat waiting on me. In fact I got a friendly smile from the register clerk (female 20s).

I headed out to a Sam’s and decided it wasn’t too warm for the short black leather skirt which I had in the car so I changed the skort for the leather skirt and headed into Sam’s. The clerks greeted me and I went about my shopping. Sam’s has recently contracted a group to give out samples in the store and these new folks had never seen me before. One of them just stared, especially at my boots, as I walked by. I just threw her a smile and said, ”there fun” and kept on walking.

I did ask the register clerk (young lady I had seen before) if the outfit looked Ok, and she said, “Yeah, I like it.”

Since I had purchased ice cream, and it was 80F, I headed straight home.

It was a fun outing but I was exhausted when I got home. It does take some effort to push back on the tide of fashion opinion. :smile:

:)

DawnHH – Thanks for the tip on Rain-X. I use it on the car but never thought about using it on my glasses.

The temperature has dropped to 70F and I needed to run out for a couple of things. I’m still trying to break the black leather habit so I put on a white polyester ribbed blouse, a white blazer, a short black leather skirt and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. My first stop was a gas station where I got out and filled the tank. A lady pulled in behind me and chose to ignore me. I headed for PetsMart and got some cat food. The gals there know me well and just asked, “Do you want a case?” I said I did and she went off to get it while I picked out a bag of dry food. After she rang up my stuff, I said I had a pair of white boots and would they look better with this outfit? She said, “No I like the black ones.” I headed on to Sam’s for milk and eggs. In the store I got “Love your boots” from a black lady who went on to explain to her husband why she didn’t wear them. I missed that conversation. Thirty seconds later another black lady said, “You just made my day. Your doing the damn thing”. I saw her a few minutes lated and asked her if the white boots would be better with this outfit. She got a serious look on her face and considered the question and said, “No the black boots are better with the skirt”. I thanked her fro her advice. As I worked my way to the front of the store the same lady said, ‘Excuse me but I was talking to my sister and telling he is just out there doing it and not caring what people think, can I get a picture of you to show her?” I said sure and gave her my best pose and told her to be sure and get the heel. Last I went to a nearby Goodwill. I had to park in the rear of the store and walk down the street to the entrance. A lady walking towards me said, “I really dig your boots”. I thanked her and headed into the store. I think I have kicked my addiction to buying any leather skirt I see. They had a rack of leather garments, skirts, pants, jackets, and vests, priced at $10. I did look through the rack but didn’t buy anything because I already had at least two of everything I saw in my size at home, and I was wearing a better looking skirt than they had on the rack. On the way back to my car, I was following a couple of black ladies and in the parking lot one of them turned to me and said, “I really like you boots.” I thanked her and got into my car. This was a short outing and I don’t know whether it was the time of day or the contrasting jacket and top but four “nice boots” comments within an hour is a record. I’m going to a concert tonight and of course I’ll be wearing my boots. :smile:

'Excuse me but I was talking to my sister and telling he is just out there doing it and not caring what people think, can I get a picture of you to show her?” I said sure and gave her my best pose and told her to be sure and get the heel.

Remarkable outing Thighbootguy, truly remarkable!!

It's all about the heel!

It’s Saturday and I went shopping. I went out and about wearing a gray pull over sweater, a black leather blazer, a short black leather skirt, light tan hose, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I also carried a new purse that is (what else) black leather and has a short shoulder strap. It’s meant to be carried on your shoulder and tucked under your arm. That bag pulls the rest of the look together (thanks JeffB).

Well, I'm glad you've followed my lead when it comes to adding a handbag to your ensemble. These days, I rarely go on a jaunt without a bag. And you've certainly warmed up to wearing skirts on a regular basis like I do! Bravo, my friend! Bravo!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

..As I worked my way to the front of the store the same lady said, ‘Excuse me but I was talking to my sister and telling he is just out there doing it and not caring what people think, can I get a picture of you to show her?” I said sure and gave her my best pose and told her to be sure and get the heel. :smile:

I think I would have asked her to email a copy to me.

JeffB; Now, I am curious what the reaction would be if you and TBG got together and, say, appearing at your favorite mall together? I would love to see you, HappyFeat (Where is he, by the way?) and TBG side by side. What a "step" for freestyling that would be. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I took a major step last night attending a Kelly Richey concert at the Big Song House in Oxford Oh. There are intimate concerts where the performer in presenting in a large living room at the home of Lisa Biales which is set up with a good sound system and lighting. There were 70 people at the concert and I sat in the front row not more then 10 feet from Kelly Richey.

I went to the convert wearing jeans, a blue and white striped dress shirt, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I left for the concert at 6:00 PM and got back home at midnight so I was out for 6 hrs. wearing my boots.

The audience was a group that would be considered an “artist community” that was there to here a great blues artist and they were not disappointed.

I was one of the first people to arrive at the venue and they were still doing the final setup and sound check so they asked me and the other folks to wait outside on the porch while they finished. This meant a guy wearing thigh boots with heels was out front greeting the other guests as they arrived. No one seemed surprised at all.

After I was there for a while I realized that this group had accepted me and that I was just wearing interesting footwear. I was not some wacko that was to be ignored. I joined the conversations and flow of the group and was a member for the rest of the evening. Some folks asked about my boots and I had comments like “My son would love to have a pair of those” and “I have to give you credit for wearing them”. A couple of folks asked where I had gotten them but most of the conversation was about the music.

Lisa Biales opened the show with three numbers she had written. She was wearing a pair of purple long pointed toe cowboy style boots that had a tight zippered shaft. I did tell her I would be remiss if I didn’t say, “Great boots.” She just beamed a smile and appreciated the complement coming from me. I have only met her twice but when I arrived she greeted me by name.

On the break I spoke with Kelly Richey for a while about some of the ideas she had presented and she accepted me as someone with whom she had connected.

As the evening went on I realized my footwear was no big deal! This was a really new idea for me and it gives me a whole different way of seeing myself wearing high heeled boots in public. My boot wearing has always been an “in you face” presentation of my independence but now it is possible for me to wear them as a fashion statement without the “in your face” part. This is a great feeling!

Bubba136 -

What a great concept! I would love to do it but unfortunately I am currently unable to travel.

Well, Saturday night was great but I didn’t get enough of a good thing so Sunday I headed over to the museum wearing the same outfit, jeans, blue/white striped dress shirt, thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The day was in the 70s so I started out wearing a black leather blazer but that only lasted as far as the car. Last Sunday, the museum was packed but this Sunday it was almost deserted. The folks at the front desk were glad to see me and I got a nice smile and wave. We joked about the feast or famine nature of the crowds then I headed for a gallery and started sketching. I finished one sketch and then decided to just walk around the museum and look, rather than sketch. I almost had the place to myself and most of the guards greeted me as I entered their areas. In one gallery there is a very ornate Christian church altar on display and I saw what I took as a fundamental Christian family in the gallery. (In my experience, I find that most fundamental Christians are rather narrow in their beliefs of right and wrong with no tolerance of the gray area in between and a guy wearing heeled thigh boots is very gray.) The altar piece is one of my favorite works and I started to chat with them about how the piece was used in the 1600s. The confusion on some of their faces was priceless. The Mom finally asked me a question about one of the images , St. Jerome, so I lead them to another painting of the Saint and explained the iconography to them. When we were done, they thanked me for the information and I think they learned something about St. Jerome and a gut that dresses “funny”. (I’ll bet I got prayed for. :smile: ) The rest of the visit was uneventful but felt great.

Saturday morning started off with cool temperatures (60sF) which is great thigh boot weather. This weekend out local classical radio station sponsors its annual Kite Fest where they bring in the Chicago Fire kite team and a bunch of other folks and put on a show. I went wearing a maroon T-shirt, jeans a denim jacket and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. There were several thousand other folks at the event but I didn’t see any other heels or boots for that matter. This is obviously an outdoor event that covers a lot of ground so I was walking around on pavement, gravel and grass for several hours. It did make a dusty dirty mess on my heels but it was lots of fun. The organizers arranged for offsite parking and provided busses from the parking to the events. The parking lot attendant looked like he was about to swallow his teeth when he saw me but I wished him a good morning and commented on the great whether we had for the event this year. He acknowledged my existence with a reply that it was a good day. I was on one of the first busses so I had time to find a good spot from which to watch the show.

I did get a couple of looks but nothing out of the ordinary and not one comment. I read this crowd as too involved in their own lives to acknowledge that there was something else in the world.

After a couple of hours of being out in the sun I figured I better head back (I tend to go up like a french fry when I’m out in the sun) so I caught the buss back to the parking lot. I had to wait in line so there was ample opportunity to stand around wearing boots and chat with people.

On the way home I stopped at Sam’s to grab a few things and then went to my cobbler to pich up the twp pair of knee high boot I on which he was replacing heels tips. He was as cheerful as always and greeted me warmly even though another customer (middle aged lady) had a rather disdainful look on her face.

I stopped in a St.Vincent DePaul and the C&D record bar in Newport. I had to park about a block away and walk to the shops and I did get a LOUD "OMG" form a passing car. The rest of the folks on the sidewalk didn't seem too disturbed to be walking with me.

I went home and changed the T-shirt for a blue/white striped dress shirt and headed to a [/url=www.murielanderson.com]Muriel Anderson concert that is part of a concert series I have been attending. I got there early and picked up my ticket then waited in line for seating to begin. I managed a seat in the side section on the front row where I had a great view of the performers. After claiming my seat, I went back and talked with the sound guy for a while about the equipment he was using and the challenges of doing a live show.

A family sat down next to me (husband ,wife, wife’s 86 year old mom, and sister), the sister sat next to me and had on a nice pair of ankle boots with 3½ “ heels. They arrived late so we didn’t have a chance to chat of for them to choose other seats. At the intermission we chatted about the performers and the concert series. The wife asked me if I was a model. :smile: My surprised replay was a thanks you but no I wasn’t. They said that they had seen me at the concerts before and wondered if I played guitar and I admitted that I did but only to a critical audient of one who I thanked for his applau. She asked what I did for a living and I told her I was a software geek and we chatted about work for a while. She asked me to show her mother my boots so I stood up and modeled for her. The sister commented that my heels were higher than hers. :)

After the show I hung around and greeted the artists.

All in all a great day out in thigh boots.

Muriel Anderson

I can't think of a better way to leave a lasting impression on anyone's mind than to appear wearing unconventional clothing. Especially if you appear at more than one gathering where the same people are likely to attend, also.

Do I remember correctly that you have written about Ms. Anderson on at least one other occasion? Several months ago, I seem to remember you writing about your going back stage after a concert and talking with you.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. I truly enjoy reading about your outings.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba136 - In last years Concert series Auriel Anderson was one of the performers and she had time to offer a workshop which I attended. I sat front and center and watched her do magic things with a guitar. What was more impressive that her playing was what she hears when she is playing. She pointed out subtleties between the way two brands of strings sound when played open and plucked the same way, then she went on to how she produces some of the extraordinary sounds she is able to create. It was a great workshop that wearing boots mage even better.

TBG:-) What a fantastic experience interacting with those people. Reading of your experiences and Bubbas comments makes my reading much more pleasurable for me. Thanks again for sharing. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Sunday was a museum day. I pulled on a pair of jeans, the blue/white striped dress shirt, denim jacket, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and headed over to the museum. It was a grand sunshiny day with temperatures in the low 60sF so I just took my time walking in from the parking lot (which is about 2 blocks from the museum entrance). The folks at the desk waved as I walked in and I headed to the back of the Great Hall where there is a 10’ marble status of Venus. Its nice to have a model that doesn’t move but the lack of color makes sketching a little more interesting. So I sat down on a stool in front of a 10’ nude and started sketching. No one even batted an eye.

After the museum I stopped at my favorite thrift emporium and got a “I love your shoes” from a young lady. Those comments are always nice and I showed my apparition with a gracious thank you.

I headed home and changed into some knee high boots and cut some grass. I’ve cut grass in stilettos for a video, but it isn’t practical and it makes a mess of the heels.

It was a nice end to the weekend in boots.

Dawn HH - Thanks for the kind words.

I am so happy that you had another wonderful outing at your local museum. My first experience at my city's museum was not totally positive. My last two trips were great. I wore black leather pumps with 5" stiletto high heels with my slacks and sport coat and I received a few "looks," smiles, and even a couple of compliments by some younger women for my high heels. I think part of my problem the first time was me being a little too self-concious. As my stiletto heels clicked on the tile floor, I noticed everyone looking my way at the same time and for some reason it flustered me. These last two times, I didn't care if anyone looked or stared or commented. I will be going back to the museum this coming Friday as I have a day off work and I'm looking forward to it. Thank you again for sharing your day's experience with us.

TBG:-) Another great outing for you. Whether you cut grass in heels or not, definately this is the time of the year that we must begin to get out into our yards and give the grass a manicure. Doing it in heels only makes the work more interesting. Roniheels:-) I see that TBG has influenced you somewhat into attending museums in high heels. Congrats. Keep us posted on your heeling adventures. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Since this is an international forum I should start by explaining that Apri1 15 is tax day in the USA. Both our federal and state taxes are due on this day, you can pay them before that but there are penalties for paying them afterward. Much of the tax paying population files and pays their taxes electronically but it is my opinion that on-line filing deprives a lot of temporary goverment employees their jobs, so I prefer to file my taxes on paper via the mail. There are still a lot of folks that file via the mail and, especially the folks that owe money to the various governments, prefer to wait until the last minute to pay their taxes.

I have always been a last minute filer and this year was no exception. However this year I filed in style. I went to the post office wearing a long maroon T-shirt, black leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. There was only one post office in my area that was offering late hours and I got there at 6:00 PM (they closed at 8:00 PM and I’ll bet a lot of folks were expecting them to be open until 12:00 AM). I pulled into the parking lot and noticed there was a local TV crew waiting to record the late filers, but they weren’t set up while I was there (that would have been fun). I got out of my car and headed into the office and followed Bubba136’s dad’s advice ("act like you belong there and no one will question if you do or not.....”). I walked in and got in line like I do this all the time (which I do). No one seemed upset at seeing a guy in thigh boots with heels and no one said a word. The postal clerk (middle aged lady) seemed delighted to wait on me. I commented that things seemed calm for April 15, and she joked, “but there is still 2 hours to go, come back then and see if were Ok.” I think she rather enjoyed having a customer that wasn’t upset and was a little different than her normal customer. Had anyone asked, I was going to reply, “These are often referred to as f_ _ _ me boots and they seemed appropriate to wear when I’m paying my taxes.”

I walked back out to my car and noticed the TV crew still wasn’t set up. I waved to the postal worker in the parking lot as I drove out and got a nod in return.

Not an eventful outing (which is a good thing) but still fun.

....Had anyone asked, I was going to reply, “These are often referred to as f_ _ _ me boots and they seemed appropriate to wear when I’m paying my taxes.”....:smile:

Haha, you have a great sense of humor :)

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.