Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Thighbootguy: It would seem that the conservative nature of the skirt you wore on your latest outing made for a more positive response from people who saw you. It sure sounded like a cool outfit! And you gained valuable confidence that was lacking from your last experience. Perhaps in time, you might want to try something a wee bit more daring, say something below the knee. Still conservative, but bolder. Just a suggestion! ;)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Last night after work I stopped at the Goodwill (thrift store) and bought a black leather knee length skirt. I tried the skirt on in a fitting room and it was a bit tight but it looked great and there were no unseemly bulges. The skirt was size “large” and I think it was about a 14. I normally wear a 16 but sizes really do vary. This is a smooth leather straight skirt with no flair and a very small slit in the back.

This morning I read JeffB’s post recommending a skirt of this length.

For my morning grocery visit, I wore a long sleeved white shirt over a black turtle neck, my new black leather skirt, a long black sweater with long sleeves and an open front (almost like a long jacket), black hose, and an old pair of over the knee boots with a 3” stiletto heel that have a narrow shaft that is not meant to be worn over jeans. These boots stay up on my leg. I thought this went well together and wasn’t too “over the top” like the short skirt was.

I felt very comfortable wearing this outfit in public. I went into the store and wandered around a bit. One clerk saw me, gave me a quick once over look, and had a confused look on her face. I smiled and bid her good morning and got a big smile and a returned greeting back.

At the checkout, the clerk was an attractive young lady (in makeup at 7:00 AM). While she was ringing up my stuff I asked her, “Other than the fact that a guy is wearing this, does it look Ok”?

She brightened up and said, “I think it looks fine. Are you comfortable dressed like that?”

“Yeah I am … very comfortable”.

“Well that’s what’s important… doing what you like”.

There were other people in the queue so I stood back and waited for them to get done. They definitely noticed the guy standing there in boots and a leather skirt but no one gave much reaction.

When the queue emptied I said to her, “I don’t have any experience putting together an outfit, what would you change?”

She laughed and said “Well let me see…” and another person queued up and she took care of them.

She turned back to me and gave me a good look and said, “I don’t think I’d change a thing. It looks nice. Have you always dressed that way?”

“No I just started.”

“Why did you start?”

“Because I can, it’s different, and I really do enjoy it”.

“I don’t think I could stand in those”.

“These are really my low heels”.

“Really”!

People started queuing up again so I said, “See you tomorrow” and left.

What a great way to start a day. I was absolutely on a high and when I got back to the car I really didn’t want to change into my work clothes. I’ve got to think about that.

JeffB – This is all your fault. ;) Thanks. :lol:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Well, damn, thighbootguy! That was certainly startling! I thought you'd mull over my suggestion for a few days, I had no idea you'd rush right out to buy a skirt, then wear it out! You've vertainly got brass ones, my friend!

;)

And it sounds like you had a most interesting and enjoyable outing! The important thing was that you felt comfortable in your skirt, and was able to relay that sense of comfort to those people around you. Outstanding! By the by, I'm curious: where did you keep your wallet and car keys in that outfit? Do you have a man purse? Inquiring minds wanna know!

:lol:

P.S.

I'll take full responsibility for the new vistas you've discovered! HA!

JeffB -

I discovered that little oversight as soon as I got out of the car. ;) I wound up carrying my wallet and keys in my hand until I got into the store then I picked up a hand basket and dumped them in there.

As I mentioned, I hadn't read you suggestion about a knee length skirt until after I had purchased the skirt. By the way it was only $3.

I don't recomment skirts for everyone (like I do thigh boots), but I am having fun.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thighbootguy:-) WOW!!! What a way to start the day---and on a high that kept you on high during the whole day. Fantastic. Jeff is really rubbing off on you and now you are finding out what he found out when he first saw himself in a skirt. You too can look good in a skirt, and a leather one at that. What an interesting day that you had, and look at the confidence that you gained from it. Outstanding! Keep on doing it and let us all know the results. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Ok DawnHH you asked for it. While the board was down I have been wearing a skirt and writing reports. I'll post them here in sequence.

Oct 20, 2005 --------------------------------------

I stopped at Sam’s on the way home tonight. I wore a long sleeved white shirt, a long sweater jacket, black thigh boots with 3” stiletto heels, and a black leather skirt.

At Sam’s there were a LOT more people than the store at my morning grocery stop, but at Sam’s I do use a grocery cart. The staff at Sam’s has seen me in thigh boots several times a week for a year and kind of expect me to be wearing them. No body (at least in front of me) reacted to a guy in thigh boots and a skirt. Either they didn’t notice (possible with the shopping cart) or they didn’t care.

I wandered about a bit and didn’t feel uncomfortable at all.

I had spoken with the clerk at the checkout several times before and she opened the conversation with, “Looks like you found the ice cream. What did you do to your thumb”? I still had the thumb splint on.

“I broke it. Not my best move.”

As she finished the transaction, I asked her, what she would change in my outfit and she took a good look and said, ”I wouldn’t change anything, I think it looks nice”.

I think she wanted to keep talking but her register had a long queue so I had to leave.

The guy at the exit door always speaks to me by name (I really am in there a lot) and also asked me what I had done to my thumb.

After I told him I had broken it then I indicated my skirt and said, “I thought I’d try something a little different tonight”.

He had a quizzical look on his face and said, “What do you mean?” Again there was a queue behind us and I had to leave but he was used to seeing me in thigh boots and I don’t think he noticed the skirt.

I think what I an finding so likeable about this skirt is its straight line design. Most of my other skirts (except the short ones) have a flair and I have a long one that, when laid flat, is almost a semicircle. Never having intended to wear a skirt in public, I never paid too much attention to the design, the consideration was always limited to how good they felt to wear.

What a fun day this has been.

I just came across a web site about a lady that wears thigh boots in a conservative manner (click here) and be sure to read the “About Fiss” page.

This morning I wore a black turtleneck, black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels, and my black leather skirt.

There was a lady shopping with a cart and two young girls and she looked daggers at me as I walked by. One of the girls was in her shopping cart and the other one was running around. The mom sharply called the girl to her. It’s always good to be cautions when wearing non traditional clothing around adults with young children.

At the checkout (the clerk from yesterday was not on duty) I again asked the girl what she would change. She also said, “Nothing, it looks good.”

I’m starting to realize that as long as I pick where I go with some care, I can wear anything I want. I also remember my own advice about becoming complacent.

Oct 21, 2005 --------------------------------

The observation that I feel like I can now wear whatever I want in public was significant. This morning I considered a blue business suit, that’s a blue blazer and blue skirt. I have had this suit for a long time but would never consider wearing it in public. I tried it on and it looked great but this is Friday and that’s a jeans day at work so I went with blue jeans, long sleeved white shirt over a black turtleneck, a short blue denim jacket with an open “V” front, and black pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. The jacket stops at the waist line of the jeans and looks nice.

As I have said I really am really a fashion dummy. Most of the images you see of women wearing thigh boots do not fall into the realm of conservative dress. It has taken me a while to be able to join the concept of wearing thigh boots and conservative dress into in image I am comfortable presenting. Adding a skirt to the mix however really opens up the possibilities. If you didn’t look at the link I had in the last post I have repeated it here (click here).

This morning’s grocery trip wasn’t that great. I had a register clerk that was really uneasy about being around a guy in thigh boots with heels. She gave my boots a couple of hard looks and was noticeably jumpy when I spoke to her. I immediately pulled way back and left the register as quickly as I could. I got nice smiles from everyone else but one poor reaction took the nice feeling off the morning. Oh well you can’t win them all.

Oct 23, 2005 --------------------------------

Last night I stopped at Sam’s on the way home. Even though it was Friday (a jeans day), I switched into a long tan suede skirt that matched my jacket. The skirt combined with a black tutrle neck and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels made a nice looking outfit.

A few people noticed the skirt and boots but no one paid any attention or said anything. I did neet one of the ladies that works there as she was walking through the store. I indicated the skirt and said, “Thought I’d try something different”.

She looked me over and said, “The suede skirt and jacket look nice togeather” and gave me a big smile. About that time my cell phone went off and she continued on her way.

The gal at the register had never seen me before and we chatted about how long her day had been. I’m not sure she noticed the skirt until I was leaving, but I dont see how she missed it, however, she didn’t say a thing except to have a good evening.

The guy at the exit clearly saw me walking across the store and still only asked about my thumb (and I didn’t have on the thumb splint).

All in all it was a nice outting.

This morning I went to the cobbler to see if my flat heeled boot had been repaired (broken zipper). I wore jeans, black turtleneck and black leathet pull on thigh boots with a 4” stiletto heel. Unfortunately the boot wasn’t ready.

My next stop was an art store to get a new drawing pencil. Guess what, no one even noticed what I was wearing. I kind of expected that in an art store but a “hey nice boots” would have been nice.

Thighbootguy:-) Boy!!! You really have been a busy Dooby. What fantastic stories. Outstanding! Keep them coming. As I sit here typing this post, I have on a black brushed cotton blouse with rubber band long sleeves and a black leather pencil knee-length skirt along with black leather heeled knee boots with 3.5" block heels. I also think that you are an amazing guy and you are really branching out with your thighboots and now the addition of wearing skirts. Fabulous! BTW---I checked out all of the pics of the lady wearing thighboots from the link you gave us. Great pics. She was wearing a pair of thighboots with a chunky heel of about 3.5" or 4". Great looking boots with the kind of heel I look for for myself. Now if I could only find where they came from, I might check into a pair if I could afford them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Whew! Words fail me in trying to describe the awe I experienced while reading of your latest adventures. It sounds like this skirt wearing thing has become quite commonplace for you, TBG! Absolutely amazing! Now, about your exploits in the business suit and thigh boots, I'm no fashion expert, but I'm of the opinion that knee boots would work better and look better with an outfit, depending on the length of the skirt, especially if the skirt falls to the knee of just below it. Just an opinion. Anyhoo, more power to you, my friend! ;)

JeffB - I really did write this stuff in the sequence I'm dating it. Looks like you were reading my mind. And the day your not out fashion expert were in trouble.

DawnHH - Sounds like a fun posting outfit. Looks like justboots.biz might have a pair of boots for you but their out of my price rance at the moment.

Oct 24, 2005 ----------------------

This was a museum day; I went over wearing a long sweater jacket, caramel leather slacks, and black thigh length pull on boots with 4” stiletto heels. The guards and the folks at the front desk just waved Hi.

I had to use one of the folding stools several times and this meant I had to have my legs sticking out in front of me as the pants and boots wouldn’t let me fold my legs up under me. Most people just went on enjoying the paintings and paying me no mind. One of the guards went out of her way to talk with me about the Monte in the impressionist gallery but didn’t mention my outfit one way or the other.

It was raining lightly when I left the museum and I went to the band stand in Eden park. I swithced from the leather slacks to a leather skirt and boots witha tighter shaft and 3” stiletto heels. I had to walk aboth a block from where I parked to the band stand. I stayed for about 15 minutes sketching then walked back to the car. I don’t think anyone really noticed. Ther only people that saw me were drivers and from the back I just look like someone in a leather skirt and boots on a bad hair day.

Now that I have won the head game about being able to wear whatever I want, I have to start thinking about what I want to wear. This was never a problem before. For my work clother, anything went with anything, the only decision was long sleeved shirt or short sleeved. Friday it was jeans and a shirt.

Skirts were an at home thing that just felt good to wear and I wasn’t worried about the image I presented.

It may be that my thigh boots don’t go with everything!

Oct 24,2005 -------------------------------------------

I went shopping this morning wearing a black turtleneck, black leather just above the knee length skirt, and black leather thigh boots with a narrow shaft with 3” stiletto heels.

This whole post is about nobody noticed. I went to a different grocery store than I normally go to and wandered around a bit before I got my item. At the register I had to wait in line for a while and I was sure the clerks saw what I was wearing. When I got to the register I asked, “Does this look too bad?”

She looked quizzically at me and said, “What do you mean?” I indicated the skirt and she said, “No it looks nice.” Then she noticed my boots and said, ”Yeah, that looks Ok.”

I asked, “What would you change?”

Both clerks looked me over and the first clerk said, “I wouldn’t change anything, It looks nice.” The other clerk nodded in agreement.

I thanked them and left. My next stop was a large thrift store where I have purchased several other skirts over the years. It was a long walk from the parking lot to the store and I passed a store that has mirrored front windows. Seeing the outfit outside like that, I think it needs a white shirt rather than the black one. When I got into the store I walked up and down the isles looking at coats and skirts. I selected a short denim shirt and headed for the checkout. The lines weren’t long but the people in line had very full carts. The manager came out from behind her counter to talk to one of the clerks and when she went back to her counter she called me over, “I can check you out over here sir.”

After she rang up the skirt I said, “How does this look?” she had noticed what I had on when she was seeing the register clerk.

“It’s Ok, you can wear whatever you want to wear.”

“I’m new at this.”

“Really?”

“What would you change?”

“The leather.”

“Too much?”

“Yeah.”

I thanked her, left the store and had the same long walk back to the car.

Next I went into a Dollar store. No one said a word and I don't think they even noticed.

The last stop was Famous Footwear. I went into the store and the manager greeted me and went on with whatever she was doing in the shoe racks. Not finding anything even close to my size I asked, “Are all the boots out?”

“Yes, but we get more in all the time, best try again at the end of the week.” She had come out from behind the rack to talk to me and could see what I was wearing.

“How does this look?”

She took a good look and said, “It look OK!”

“I’ new at this, what would you change?”

“I wouldn’t change anything, and those tall boots are in fashion now”

“Really? I have a couple of pair that are a little taller than these.”

“No kidding, You’ll be cursing in fashion this year”.

“You know, most people don’t even notice what I’m wearing.”

“I didn’t when you walked in.”

As I was leaving a lady walked in and didn’t even see what I was wearing at all.

What a hoot of a shopping trip.

Oct 25, 2005 ------------------------------------

(Posted on shoe and heels discussion board)

Some days heeling goes better than others. This morning I pushed the envelope a little further. On my morning grocery shopping stop I wore a white long sleeved shirt over a black turtleneck, a black leather knee length skirt, and black leather thigh boots cuffed down to knee length with 5” stiletto heels and dime size dull gold disk earrings.

The reception was cool (as opposed to warm smiles). The register clerk clearly disapproved but was still courteous. Oh well, some days are better than others.

The idea behind today’s outfit was contrast. Yesterday I wore a black turtle neck with the same skirt and black leather thigh boots with 4” heels and very few people even noticed. Today, the white shirt and bare knees (yes, I was wearing suntan hose) really made the skirt stand out. The outfit looked good but it was more noticeable than yesterdays outfit.

Tonight I stopped at a Walgreen’s I hadn’t been to before. As I walked in there was a big older guy standing by the front door smoking a cigar. He gave me a rather hard look and I smiled and nodded to him. I thought he was going to swallow the cigar.

This store has large mirrors at the second floor level that are tilted so you can see what is going on in the isle behind you so I got to see if I attracted too much attention. (I think this is an anti shoplifting feature that just looks like part of the stores decor). Some folks noticed me with just a glance and ignored me, many didnt notice me at all.

I then went to the Goodwill and looked around. Again most folks ignored me. After that I stopped at a gas station then realized I had forgotten something at Walgreen’s and went back for a second time. Again folks noticed but no one gave much reaction. This time the manager and a different clerk (young lady) were at the main register and he directed the clerk and I to a different register. As she finished ringing up my stuff I asked her what she would change. She seemed flattered to be asked and gave me a good look over and said, “You look fine, it really looks good”.

“Is the leather too much?”

“Well, maybe the skirt”.

I thanked her and went back past the cigar guy way on to my car.

So now I have choices. Do I want to dress comfortable and stand out, or dress comfortable and not be noticed? Another choice is whether I’m more comfortable in the skirt or jeans? And a concern, why am I comfortable in thigh boots and either jeans or a skirt? Any feedback is welcome.

Previously folks on the board have expressed concerns about my soliciting feedback. I really am sensitive to the reactions of others and don’t ask for comments unless I think the people would really like to say something and are just not sure if they should. Also, asking a female what she would change in a guy’s female clothing seems to convey that the opinion is really valued (which it is).

Thighbootguy I noticed that in all of your posts you aways say about feedback. The thing is that you _asks_ people about your outfit. This is just my opinion, but I think that you did the worst thing - wear what you want - and saw that some people notice what you are wearing and usually don't give too much attention, appears that you live in a place that freedom of wearing is ok. I don't think that is necessary to ask to other people about it but, of course, all of us want to "X Ray" about what is happenning is the mind of who is looking to us. But all the humankind wants to know what other people are thinking about each other, not only about heeled boots or skirts. Maybe this feedback would be very obvious in the reaction of the people itself, for example when the mother toke her kid out of your way, it's clear that she didn't like what she saw and don't want to see her child thinking about beeing as you are. If the people in the grocery, for example, talks to you, smile, of course they have a good opinion about your outfit, even if they think that it's weird, they respect you. For sure we'll have turning noses in the begginning but while time is passing by I think it will be exactly like men and earrings. Maybe you are just making a research for all interests but asking people about yourself seems to them that you are in doubt about yourself. My opinion, I reinforce. Heels for all! Flavio.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Wonderfull outings. I love your stories, keep them comming. I tried some thighboots out in public, but had a bad reaction, maybe i'll write about it later. Great storys, i would love to see a pic of you in your thighboots.

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

Favio -

Your observation that I may be indoubt about myself may be close to the mark.

Thanks for the comments.

ChantalTV -

I would really like to read about your adventure in thigh boots even if you got a bad reaction.

Oct 26, 2005 -----------------------------------------------------

This morning I had to stop at Wallgreen’s again to exchange an item. There was a different shift working so no one knew me. I wore a hunter green turtleneck, black thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels, and a full length leather full skirt (as opposed to a straight skirt).

As I walked in there were a few eyebrows raised by the staff but everyone was cordial. One staff lady went out of her way to ask if she could help me find something and we both went to where the item was shelved. It didn’t seem to bother her to help a guy in a skirt. When I checked out, they had to get the manager to process the refund. She was surprised to see a guy in a skirt and heels it only lasted a second and she rang the exchange and bid me a good day.

I went on to Bigg’s for my normal morning grocery shopping. At the checkout, I had one of the clerks who has seen me for months. I suspected she didn’t like the way I was dressing but this morning I said, “I’m new at this.” and indicated the skirt. “What would you change?”

She was a little taken aback and then she said, “I’d lose the leather skirt”.

I thanked her and then asked, “Did you mean the leather skirt or the skirt in general”.

“The skirt in general”.

I thanked her again for her comment and said I really appreciated it.

Oct 27, 2005 -----------------------------------------------------

This morning I took my friendly register clerks advice and didn’t wear a skirt. I did wear a blue denim long sleeved shirt over a black turtleneck, a pair of black leather slacks (no packets, zipper in front), and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. These slacks are not as tight as the caramel pair and are very comfortable. Something like this only in black.

Posted Image

To my fashion dead eye the outfit was more provocative than any of the skirts I had been wearing but I have worn them before and I thought I’d see what happened this time.

When I got out of the car, there were two guys standing one car away, who didn’t pay any attention to me. In the store I wandered around a little then went to the register and got the same clerk I had yesterday who told me to “loser the leather skirt”.

I said, “I really want to thank you for your comments yesterday.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, your one of the few people that will tell me when I’m doing something really nuts.”

“Well, I try to be respectful of other people. You know, I’m not walking in their shoes.”

“Well, thanks again. Is this any better?”

“Yes much.”

I guess everyone likes something different.

I’m thinking of using this for an avitar.

Posted Image

Thighbootguy:-) Thanks for the boot links. There are some really nice boots available, but unfortunately, a bit steep for my piggy bank. Still, I had a great time looking at them. I filed the link for future reference. The chap boots looked very intriquing. A very nice selection in knee highs and thighhighs also. Thanks also, for the compliment on my posting outfit for the day. I neglected noting that I was wearing a complete set of underwear under the outer garments complete with figure enhansing details. As usual, I'm enjoying reading your stories of your daily exploits in thighboots and skirts. Great stories---keep them coming. You have me hooked. I think your drawing would make a great Avatar pic. Try it and see what you think of it. An actual real life pic would also be interesting. Some pics of your public wearing outfits would be welcomed if you choose to try them. Chantal TV:-) Like Thighbootguy, I would like to read of your adventure out in public in your thighboots, whether favorable or not. Think about sharing your stories with us all. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Today I went to my cobbler’s shop to pick up my flat heel thigh boots that needed a new zipper. I wore a blue denim shirt, jeans and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. There was a customer in the shop that talking with the owner. When the customer saw my boots his eyes got real big ;) and he lost the whole thread of whatever he was saying. It took him a minute to recover enough to start talking again. I didn’t acknowledge his discomfort at all. When the customer left I got my boot from the cobbler and asked about resoling my black boots with 5” heels. He advised me to not wait until the sole was too worn. Yep, I’m wearing the sole out on a pair of thigh boots. A little later I had to pay my County taxes. These are paid at the Sheriff's office which is near the building where I got my drivers license. I had to park about three blocks away walk to the county building, take the elevator to the fourth floor and go into the Sheriff’s office. They were a little busy so I got to wait in line. No one mentioned anything. On the way out, I passed one guy who commented, “Oh, look at them boots”. I turned back to him and have him a smile and said, “There fun”. Next I went to the bank to make a deposit. I walked into the lobby and got the same clerk I had a few weeks ago. She recognized me and gave me a big smile as I walked up. I said, “The last time I was in you suggested I would fit right in downtown Covington.” She gave me a kind of embarrassed laugh. And I asked, “What did you mean by that?” She said, “Well we have a diverse clientele and I see lots of people all day, I thought you might fit in.” We both laughed. I said, “You know, most of the time people done even notice what I have on.” “That dosen’t surprise me.” We finished the reansaction and bid each other a good day. Oh well, I have worked my way up to being diverse. :lol:

Thighbootguy: Let me say right away that you're amazing. Wearing leather skirts on a regular basis! It just plain blows my tiny little mind! I applaud you for your courage and conviction to wear what you want where you want. More power to you!

Now, I for one have no trouble with your soliciting opinions on your outfits, feedback is important in order to learn what works and what doesn't in terms of what to wear in public. It's not enough just to wear women's clothing in public, you have to wear the right clothing. This way you gain knowledge on how to look your best.

What you might want to do is what I did a long time ago: jot down in a notebook a listing of outfit combinations: one column each for "tops", "bottoms" and "shoes", then list your color combinations to get a good idea of what looks good and what doesn't. Hell, you could buy a set of magic markers, draw a small template of a figure in a top, skirt and boots, make copies, then color in the combinations you like.

As for your new avatar which I think is cool, since you're now wearing skirts on a regular basis, you'd might as well use it!

;)

Yesterday evening I had to try to find a dishwasher drain hose which met trips to several hardware stores. I went to a local hardware store wearing a denim shirt and jeans with my flat heeled thigh boots. It took two trips to resolve that what they wanted to sell me wasn’t going to work.

Next I headed for Lowes (warehouse chain store). I put on my black leather pull on boots with 4” stiletto heels. There were lots of guys in overalls and work shoes in the store but no one paid much attention to me. I found a clerk and showed him the hose I had with me and ask if they had one. He took me to the place where they had hoses and a “universal replacement” was on the bottom shelf. I went down on one knee to look at the packaged hose. There was no hiding my heels with than move. I walked back up to the front of the store and checked out. The clerk didn’t even notice my boots.

When I got back to the car I realized the hose wasn’t as “universal” as I thought and took it back in for a refund. That met standing in two more queues.

After the hardware store, I went to a different Bigg’s than I normally go to. I wore the same pull on boots with the 4” heels. It was a long walk from the parking lot into the store and I wandered around a bit looking for my stuff. One clerk (guy) saw me looking for something and after I had walked by asked if I needed some help. He pointed out the item and went on. At the checkout, no one commented at all.

When I got back home I repaired the dishwasher drain hose with some epoxy.

JeffB -

Skirts are not yet full time wear. I am past the point of being able to wear one in public and I now have the choice of wearing what I want to wear. Presenting myself as a guy that wears thigh boots is something I am very comfortable with. I like the image and I enjoy wearing my boots whenever I can to the point that they are my normal footwear (except at work). Most of the people at places I frequent expect me to be wearing boots.

A guy wearing a skirt (any guy not just me), especially a short one, is still something I’m trying to become comfortable with. The skirts and boots I have worn look good (my opinion and the opinion of others) and I have been comfortable when I was wearing them but the image may be closer to what the public perceives as a female image than I am ready to present. I also know the only way to change that public perception is to let them see something else.

Wearing non-traditional clothing requires confidence and that comes from being comfortable with the image you are presenting. I keep saying this is all a head game.

Years ago I tried cross-dressing but I really didn’t do it well which detracted from the enjoyment. I find Iam much more comfortable being a guy wearing thigh boots, and presenting the image of a guy, which is why I post on the guys forum rather than the cross dress forum.

I know that comfort comes from being familiar with something so my opinion about a guy wearing a skirt in public may evolve as I do it more often.

Thanks for all the good reading thighbootguy. It's been awile since I've been here so it was fun catching up on your thread.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Another successful outing for Thighbootguy. Congrats again. I also think that you are an amazing fellow, with amazing stories. Right in the Sheriff's office, no doubt. You are relentless, consistant, and just going smoothly right along wearing just what you desire. Outstanding! Then again, you are not doing anything illegal, just pushing the envelope bit further. I admire you for what you are doing. By all means---consider your use of the new Avatar pic. Consider a real pic of thighbootguy from the waist down if you prefer. Cheer--- Dawn HH

Yesterday was a museum day. I wore a black turtleneck, jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. I had a good time in the museum but when I left there was a large formal wedding party (stretch limo and all) with their photographer taking pictures in front of the museum. The photographer was working on the group shot of the guys and I think my walking by disrupted his efforts. I didn’t pay any attention to the group and kept walking away but there was a lot of laughter coming from the group of guys. Oh well, at least the photographer got a smiling group.

In the car I switched into a black leather skirt and headed for an Ohio River overlook in Eden Park. I wasn’t expecting there to be at least a hundred people at the overlook, which there were. I got out of the car and made my way to a park bench with a nice view and started sketching. There were folks walking by me and sitting on a near by bench. Everyone ignored me.

Even with the wedding party, it was a nice outting.

---------------------------------------

I just ran across an article about thigh boots in art. ;)

Guerrilla artist Banksy has covertly cemented a 20-foot (6-metre) satirical statue protesting at the British legal system into a central London square.

Banksy has depicted the figure of justice as a prostitute with leather boots and a thong. Oh well so much for the positive image of wearing thigh boots in public.

Posted Image

DawnHH-

Shafted-

Thanks for the kind words.

Writing helps because it makes me stop and think about what I'm doing.

I was just reading the High Heel Addiction thread and saw where a number of board posters say they have many pair of thigh boots.

crotchboots-m - “I have 80 plus pairs..most are black leather thigh high or taller with 3 to 5 inch heels”

midthigh - “I own a pair of white leather, red corset, black leather, purple leather and my favorites, brown suede and brown leather”

You folks really ought to try wearing them out and about. Once you get out of the car (which is the hardest step) wearing thigh boots can be great fun.

i wear in public all the time. i frequently wear my boots and leather to my regular doctor,eye doctor,and dentist appointments. i usually go shopping once a week dressed up. about the only place i dont wear is work(dress code) and family functions. i also wade/swim/shower in my gear,using a public beach at a state park when its warmer.

Once you get out of the car (which is the hardest step) wearing thigh boots can be great fun.

I couldn't agree more! I remember my first public outing in thigh boots, I was nervous as hell, like wearing heels in public for the first time. But once I got out of the car, I had a great time on my outing. And yes, more will most definitely come!

;)

Well, speaking of more outings in my thigh high boots which I've fast grown to love wearing, I just finished one today! Here's a couple of pics of the outfit I wore on my little excursion:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The black leather jacket was brand new and was bought at K-Mart. I caught a sale, so it's regular price of $99.99 was cut almost in half, so I paid $59.99! Not bad, eh? Under the jacket I wore a black long sleeved polo shirt and a light shade of jeans which, of course, were mondo tight and worn sans underwear.

My first stop on my little trip today was to Home Depot to buy a new smoke detector for my basement. It was pretty darn crowded there for a Sunday, with more than a few handymen and contractors loading up on supplies, and there I was, sashaying up and down the aisles. Admittedly, I did get a couple of lingering looks and double takes here and there, but nothing more than that.

Next stop, Best Buy to see what new DVD's were in. That place was awfully crowded too. A couple of teenage girls did the hidden mouth giggle thing when they saw me and, like at Home Depot, I got a few long looks, one young black man, browsing the horror DVD's with his wife whispered "Damn!", but, other than that, nothing out of the ordinary as I went about my business.

I probably would've stayed out longer, but had to get back in time to take the pictures, then type these words of wit before settling down to watch football. Still, I had a lot of fun, and it was all because I was wearing those boots which, as you can see in those pics, look damn sharp on me! So, if you have a few moments, let me know what you think of the outfit, and my outing!

;)

A great look JeffB, and killer boots. I take it those are the 8868's. Got to get me some of those.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

JeffB the jacket and boots do look good together. The outfit has a nice balance with the light jeans. Lingering looks and double takes are all part of the fun and giggles from young girls are an annoyance to be tolerated. I would take someone’s wife whispering “Damn” as a complement. Sounds like you had a great time. You are going to have to try your 8899s sometime.

Hi Jeff,

Great look, and yes, the Boots do look damn sharp on you. Great outing.

Would enjoy chatting. My email is perseverance1957@yahoo.ca

I also enjoy wearing my high heel thigh high Boots in public, have done so for over 15 years now.

Look forward to hearing from you,

david

Well, speaking of more outings in my thigh high boots which I've fast grown to love wearing, I just finished one today! Here's a couple of pics of the outfit I wore on my little excursion:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The black leather jacket was brand new and was bought at K-Mart. I caught a sale, so it's regular price of $99.99 was cut almost in half, so I paid $59.99! Not bad, eh? Under the jacket I wore a black long sleeved polo shirt and a light shade of jeans which, of course, were mondo tight and worn sans underwear.

My first stop on my little trip today was to Home Depot to buy a new smoke detector for my basement. It was pretty darn crowded there for a Sunday, with more than a few handymen and contractors loading up on supplies, and there I was, sashaying up and down the aisles. Admittedly, I did get a couple of lingering looks and double takes here and there, but nothing more than that.

Next stop, Best Buy to see what new DVD's were in. That place was awfully crowded too. A couple of teenage girls did the hidden mouth giggle thing when they saw me and, like at Home Depot, I got a few long looks, one young black man, browsing the horror DVD's with his wife whispered "Damn!", but, other than that, nothing out of the ordinary as I went about my business.

I probably would've stayed out longer, but had to get back in time to take the pictures, then type these words of wit before settling down to watch football. Still, I had a lot of fun, and it was all because I was wearing those boots which, as you can see in those pics, look damn sharp on me! So, if you have a few moments, let me know what you think of the outfit, and my outing!

;)

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Shafted: Yes, those are the 8868's. They look so good on me, it's actually hard to take them off! And today's outfit with the black shirt and lighter shade jeans really made the boots stand out.

Thighbootguy: I would agree that it's fun to get that sort of harmless rise out of people when out and about. Sometimes, those rare looks of astonishment I get are priceless! It makes wearing heels, and now, thigh boots are the more enjoyable. And yes, I'll soon take the 8899's out for a spin.

Iloveboots -

Welcome to the forum. We would love to read about some of you experiences over the past 15 years.

How did you get started?

The kind of boots do you wear?

Where do you go in your boots?

Again welcome, and we are looking forward to hearing from you.

JeffB -

Standing in front of that white heater really makes the boots stand out in the picture. Nice compositional touch.

This morning I had to stop at a bank before my grocery stop. I had been to both places before but this is not the same bank as my last post where I knew the teller. I wore a long sleeved white dress shirt, a long black jacket style sweater, black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels, and a long black cloth skirt with a slit in front of my left leg that went up just past my knee. If I tool a long stride, the full length of my left boot was visible. I tried to walk a little more dignified than that. There was a lot of black and white in the outfit and it could have used a bit of color but overall the look was conservative. The teller at the bank appeared to be uncomfortable with a guy in a skirt. She was courteous but her remarks were as short as possible. I had been there before with boots and jeans and the same teller chatted away with me. At the grocery, I wound up in a line at the checkout. The lady in front of me saw I only had two items and offered to let me go ahead. She didn’t seem bothered at all by my appearance. The register clerk really didn’t approve but commented that “doing what I liked is what’s important”. None of the other ladies in the line seemed to be bothered but maybe they were just sure I was going to go away. Not a super outing but fun anyway. I’m still working on how I decide whether to wear a skirt or not. Sometimes it feels like just a natural thing to do but other times it doesn’t feel right at all. Insights from others would be welcomed.