Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

JeffB -

Standing in front of that white heater really makes the boots stand out in the picture. Nice compositional touch.

Many thanks for the compliments! Since I'm not a photography expert, I simply do as best I can with my limited skills. So far, the results have been pretty darn good.

As for your latest outing, that outfit you described sounded incredibly bold and daring. I'm sure you must've drawn some attention, even if it was muted. As for the teller, oh, well, you can't please everyone. Regarding your overall mood about wearing a skirt, I guess it all depends on how you feel, whether you want to do it or not.

I suppose it can feel perfectly natural to wear a skirt one day, but totally alien the next. There's no way for an outsider to accurate gauge how you feel about it. It's up to you to decide just how far you choose to go, how far to push the envelope. I'd say you'll just have to go on instinct. I'm sure you'll find your own path, and feel good about it.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Iloveboots:-) Welcome to the HH Place Forum. Your in the right place and I would be interested in reading your posts. JeffB:-) I really like your leather jacket, light colored blue jeans, and your black leather thighboots. I think that is a great outfit and I can see that you enjoyed wearing it by the pleasant smile on your face. Congrats! I agree with the questions that Thighbootguy is asking you and would also be interested in your replys. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thought you guys might be interested to read what members at The Fashion Spot.com are saying in reference to Over the Knee Boots:

click here

While Im not actually attracted to the idea of thighighing it in private let alone public, I am working on some outfits for exposing my kneehighs in public. Here are a couple of pictures that I have drawn inspiration from that I thought you Thigh High Pro's would appreciate.

This is my personal fave from Ken Cole 04, If only I could get that jacket!

Posted Image

Here is another good one:

Posted Image

And finally a look done by Softgrey over at TFS. This is a "cool casual" look that I think I just MUST model. Look at how she layers her cream colored top with the olive green jacket and then adds the black scarf for more effect.

Posted Image

Anyway, just my humble inspirations.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

hi kneehighs, your pictures are great. Especially the first one. Black fits with homoust every color. The second picture it's less great. I miss the height of the heel :lol:. The third picture is too dark to see the boots in detail. But I think they all are perfect to go public ! Good luck ;)

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the welcome. I have posted a new topic which gives some of my story....hit the wrong button rather than posting in this topic. OOOps.

david

Iloveboots -

Welcome to the forum. We would love to read about some of you experiences over the past 15 years.

How did you get started?

The kind of boots do you wear?

Where do you go in your boots?

Again welcome, and we are looking forward to hearing from you.

JeffB -

Standing in front of that white heater really makes the boots stand out in the picture. Nice compositional touch.

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Hi Dawn....yes, I am home here! Thank you for the welcome. I have written up some of my story but I accidently started it as a new topic.....

love to hear from you.

david

Iloveboots:-)

Welcome to the HH Place Forum. Your in the right place and I would be interested in reading your posts.

JeffB:-)

I really like your leather jacket, light colored blue jeans, and your black leather thighboots. I think that is a great outfit and I can see that you enjoyed wearing it by the pleasant smile on your face. Congrats! I agree with the questions that Thighbootguy is asking you and would also be interested in your replys.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I have posted some pics at the photobucket site, great idea by Jeff. There are two sets of three pics. One set is from last month here in vancouver. We took these pics after spending the day out shopping around vancouver, the Yaletown area. The Boots I am wearing are a thigh high black leather pair, 4 1/2 inch heel, made by Cristina Shoes out of Montreal. These are a great walking Boot, non slip soles and lined for winter. This pic was at about 4pm and we had been up and down Robson street shopping, Yaletown, granville, etc. for about six hours. From here we headed to one of our favourite restaurants for an early dinner.

The second set is from Oct 2003. in these I am wearing a custom made black suede pair from little Shoe Box in the UK, about eight years old. They are 34 inches in length, 5 inch stiletto heel and totally yummy. These Boots usually get the most responses, especially from women. The number of times Lady's have asked to feel the suede is incredible! In fact on this day we had again been out shopping and after taking these pics at David & Richards (a little parkette) we headed to the Cactus Club Restaurant and then around Yaletown ending up at Starbuck's. At Starbuck's the staff all know us and always come out to see what the latest pair of Boots Cathy or/and I are wearing. on this day we were both wearing black suede thigh high Boots. This Starbuck's is frequented by lots of fashion designers, very trendy type of area. A couple of women walked in, they were both wearing knee high black fashion Boots, stiletto heels. they just went wild over our boots, both asking for a touch of the suede. We chatted for about an hour on fashion and how they are very committed to wanting to see men break out of their conservative fashion bonds. Sure loved the attention!!

You can see the pics at

http://photobucket.com/albums/c339/iloveboots1

Looking forward to chatting much more.

david

Iloveboots -

Welcome to the forum. We would love to read about some of you experiences over the past 15 years.

How did you get started?

The kind of boots do you wear?

Where do you go in your boots?

Again welcome, and we are looking forward to hearing from you.

JeffB -

Awsome pics, iloveboots. Love it when members show their faces on the board. Makes it all a bit less impersonal. You sure wear thighhigh stiletto boots well. From one bootlover/wearer to another.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Pretty well second nature. Funny you should say that as that is very similar to a comment a young Lady made in a shoe store we were in on Robson street in vancouver a few weeks ago. It was the same day as the pics I posted, I was wearing the 4.5 inch heel Cristina black leather thigh high Boots. cathy was trying on some knee high Boots and as she was doing so and being helped by a young man, I was walking around the store eyeing some of their other Boots. She was probably no older than 22 or 23 and she asked if sho could help. i gave her the usual, "just looking" comment. A few moments later she said, 'your Boots are really cool and you wear them so nicely". Now a few shades redder (LOL) i thanked her for her comment and kept on shopping. Cathy said later that the young sales lady never took her eyes off me the whole time we were int he store.

david

Awsome pics, iloveboots. Love it when members show their faces on the board. Makes it all a bit less impersonal. You sure wear thighhigh stiletto boots well. From one bootlover/wearer to another.

iloveboots: Excellent pics, my friend! The boots look absolutely sensational, especially with those deliciously thin heels, and you wear them very well. Your overall outfit was nothing short of fabulous! More power to you! ;)

Iloveboots:-) I must agree with the other fellows that you wear those thighboots well and your outfit works well with them. I must also agree that it is much more personable to be able to put the face with the posting name. Very nice pics. Got any more? From one boot lover to another--- Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thank you Jeff, Dr Shoe and Dawn, Appreciate your kind words. I will post a few more pics today dawn if I have a chance....check my www link. And yes, i agree about a face to a name to a pic in Boots. I have nothing to hide as my family sees me like this everyday anyway! LOL! david p.s. I have added four pics to the Oct 2005 album and four to the oct 2003 album. I love wearing the black and white suede Boots out, they always get so much attention.

This morning I wore my white leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels on my grocery trip. I wore them with a white turtleneck, tan suede jacket and beige slacks. I chose the white boots for no better reason than I hadn’t worn them for a while.

One thing about white thigh boots is that they attract a lot more attention than the black ones do. I got a couple of wide eyed looks from people that hadn’t seen me before and the folks that disapprove of my style of dressing had a harder time ignoring me.

The register clerk this morning is not uncomfortable waiting on me, but she does disapprove of my boots. We chatted about the weather (fog was so thick I couldn’t see the store from across the parking lot) with no mention of my boots.

One down side of wearing white boots while driving is that most peddle covers will leave black marks on the boots. The concept of being careful so that doesn’t happen is not appropriate while driving. Driving demands enough attention that I can’t spare any to worry about marking my shoes/boots. Any advice on cleaning white leather would be appreciated.

Iloveboots –

It really is great to have another person posting about wearing thigh boots in public especially someone that’s been at it as long as you have. I think all of us wearers are looking forward to learning from your experience. The pictures look great and I’m looking forward to more posts.

I have always cautioned against becoming complacent about picking places where I will go wearing my boots. I am still concerned about walking into a bad situation. I haven’t had a bad outing yet, but would like to avoid one if I can. Any advice would be appreciated.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

tbg--I did some very quick digging on Ohio's hate crime laws and didn't find too much. What I did find was that the Ohio's Hate Crime's Statute provides no penalty for violence motivated by a person's gender expression, sex, or sexual orientation.

http://onlinedocs.andersonpublishing.com/oh/lpExt.dll?f=templates&fn=main-h.htm&cp=PORC

§ 2927.12. Ethnic intimidation.

(A) No person shall violate section 2903.21, 2903.22, 2909.06, or 2909.07, or division (A)(3), (4), or (5) of section 2917.21 of the Revised Code by reason of the race, color, religion, or national origin of another person or group of persons.

(;) Whoever violates this section is guilty of ethnic intimidation. Ethnic intimidation is an offense of the next higher degree than the offense the commission of which is a necessary element of ethnic intimidation.

HISTORY: 141 v S 316. Eff 3-19-87.

I privately believe that Ohio's laws are really limited. In the court case of Columbus v. Zanders, 266 N.E. 2d 602 (Mun Ct. 1970) Zanders was arrested, charged and tried under Section 2343.04 of the Columbus Municipal Code which reads as follows:"No person shall appear upon any public street or other public place in a state of nudity or in a dress not belonging to his or her sex, or in an indecent or lewd dress." Judge Jenkins actually upheld the notion that "crossdressing" has a substantial relation to public safety stating, "There are numerous subjects who would want to change their sex identity in order to perpetrate crimes of homicide, rape, robbery, assault, etc." I don't have access to West Law or Lexis Nexis right now to sheperdize this case, but sure is interesting history.

Just thought you would like the information, thats all.

I have always cautioned against becoming complacent about picking places where I will go wearing my boots. I am still concerned about walking into a bad situation. I haven’t had a bad outing yet, but would like to avoid one if I can. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hmm, that's a toughie! It's hard to give any sort of definitive advice because you never know what sort of situation you might face, and not every one will be similar.

If you're talking about some neanderthal hooting and hollering or launching insults, the best way to handle that would be to just ignore him (or her, once I got an earful from a few black high school girls, and they can be just as bad, if not worse than boys), to retaliate would invite more insults, if not worse. The same goes for being laughed at, pay the person who laughs at you no mind.

Then there's the little tykes who blurt out to mommy at the top of their little lungs about the man wearing ladies' shoes. This is just me, but that occasionally makes me more uncomfortable than being laughed at or insulted by adults. Again, the best you can do is to simply ignore them as there's no avenue of recourse without getting mommy involved, and that's never a good thing.

It's very, VERY rare that a situation might escalate into violence, unless you encounter some drunken fool who doesn't like seeing a man in heels and decides to rearrange your face. Of course, always be careful of your surroundings, especially after dark, also, it wouldn't hurt to have some sort of protection, just in case. Me? I have a pocket-sized cannister of mace that I keep handy.

While I'm no expert on this sort of subject, I hope this was of some help to you.

JimC--thats obvious, you have assault, battery, and bodily harm among many other alternatives. Many jurisdictions in the U.S. have established harsher penalties for the aforementioned when they are also considered "hate crimes."

I have a deep, deep passion for all things legal (why I have two federal lawsuits going right now), and wanted to contribute some new level of knowledge that maybe hasn't been explored here yet at hhplace.

...back to some very interesting thighboots stories to inspire us all...

It really is great to have another person posting about wearing thigh boots in public especially someone that’s been at it as long as you have. I think all of us wearers are looking forward to learning from your experience. The pictures look great and I’m looking forward to more posts.

So when are we going to see pictures of your boots then TBG?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hi TBG....awesome style. A few years back I had a white leather pair of thigh high Boots that i loved wearing out with white jeans, great look. The Boot heels actually went on them and I was without until now. I have a new pair set to arrive any day and can't wait to go out and about in them. Yes, the white Boots definitely do get a lot of attention.

I agree, it is always important to know the lay of the land where you're wearing your Boots. i have worn thigh Boots in public in many US and Canadian cities as well as in London, Paris, Zurich, Hamburg, Vienna and a few other cities in europe. Always though i don't venture into bad areas of the city, I stay on the busy street areas. In New York for example, in Greenwich I was very comfortable but I stayed away from the warehouse areas on the east side etc. A city I always enjoyed wearing thigh Boots in is San Francisco where it feels like almost the norm! I am lucky as cathy is usually with me now, that was not always the case. Having Cathy with me leads to more acceptance I find. One thing to always make sure, it isn't just enough to know you can walk in your heels, it is important to know that you can move fast in your heels. I have practiced running in my heels in the parks etc. just so I know i am not at a disadvantage.

FYI, I just posted three more pics at my www link below, in an album titled "misc". These pics we took just the other night, Tuesday, before we headed off to a martini bar for drinks and dinner.

Cheers,

david

p.s. thank you for the warm welcome

This morning I wore my white leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels on my grocery trip. I wore them with a white turtleneck, tan suede jacket and beige slacks. I chose the white boots for no better reason than I hadn’t worn them for a while.

One thing about white thigh boots is that they attract a lot more attention than the black ones do. I got a couple of wide eyed looks from people that hadn’t seen me before and the folks that disapprove of my style of dressing had a harder time ignoring me.

The register clerk this morning is not uncomfortable waiting on me, but she does disapprove of my boots. We chatted about the weather (fog was so thick I couldn’t see the store from across the parking lot) with no mention of my boots.

One down side of wearing white boots while driving is that most peddle covers will leave black marks on the boots. The concept of being careful so that doesn’t happen is not appropriate while driving. Driving demands enough attention that I can’t spare any to worry about marking my shoes/boots. Any advice on cleaning white leather would be appreciated.

Iloveboots –

iloveboots: Just checked out your new round of pics from your webpage. The black leather jacket/black jeans/black thigh boots was a damn sleek look! I like it a lot! I'll have to try that myself since I recently bought a leather jacket. Now that I think about it, I might look for a pair of black leather pants which would really be cool!

;)

tbg--I did some very quick digging on Ohio's hate crime laws and didn't find too much. What I did find was that the Ohio's Hate Crime's Statute provides no penalty for violence motivated by a person's gender expression, sex, or sexual orientation.

http://onlinedocs.andersonpublishing.com/oh/lpExt.dll?f=templates&fn=main-h.htm&cp=PORC

I privately believe that Ohio's laws are really limited. In the court case of Columbus v. Zanders, 266 N.E. 2d 602 (Mun Ct. 1970) Zanders was arrested, charged and tried under Section 2343.04 of the Columbus Municipal Code which reads as follows:"No person shall appear upon any public street or other public place in a state of nudity or in a dress not belonging to his or her sex, or in an indecent or lewd dress."

Judge Jenkins actually upheld the notion that "crossdressing" has a substantial relation to public safety stating, "There are numerous subjects who would want to change their sex identity in order to perpetrate crimes of homicide, rape, robbery, assault, etc."

I don't have access to West Law or Lexis Nexis right now to sheperdize this case, but sure is interesting history, first and foremost due to the fact as to how incredibly ignorant and far off the mark of righteousness it really is!

Statistically speaking, crossdressers are FAR LESS likely to commit crimes of "homicide, rape, robbery, assault, etc, than is the average citizen provided for in the case above.

I just thought you would like the information, thats all.

Holy Heels, Batman!

Kneehighs, this is about the worst statute on the books I've seen to date with respect to an incredibly poor understanding of the differences between crossdressing, transvestism, and transvestic fetishism.

More than 30% of all males engage in crossdressing more than once during each calendar year (it's suspected that it's nearly double that amount). Approximately 3% engage in transvestism (the regular public wearing of traditionally female attire) throughout the calendar year, but significantly less engage in "transvestic fetishism," which is the erotic male to female clothing sexual fetish which is closely linked with behaviors (rape, frotturism, etc.) considered detrimental to society at large.

Write your governor!

If he/she's not your governor, WRITE HIM/HER ANYWAY!!!

I did just that.

Results to be determined!!!

Last night I ran into Sam’s on the way home. I wore my black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. As usual, no one paid any attention. When I got to the checkout I got into a queue that had a clerk I had never seen before. She didn’t notice my boots as she rang up my stuff. I walked past the end of the register counter and was in full view when one of the other clerks said, “My friend still can’t find those boots on the internet”. (This clerk, a guy, had asked me several weeks ago where I had gotten my boots and I gave him a URL).

My clerk turned to the other clerk and asked, “Boots? What boots? What are you talking about?”

The other clerk said, “My friend wants a pair of boots like his.”

My clerk looked back at me and I held my leg out a little sideways to show the heel and said, “Like these.”

The look on her face was priceless! Her eyes got as big as saucers and she gave an honest giggle. I took it as a giggle of delight rather than laughing at me. This one of the best reactions I have ever had.

This morning I had to scrape the ice of my windshield which meant it was cool enough to wear my chap boots. These are the Ellie chap boots that were advertised with a 5” heel that turned out to be 6”. The heel tip was canted out past the back of the boot which made them almost impossible to walk in. I had ½” cut off the heel and that made all the difference. There is still a big difference between my normal 5” heel and these 5 ½” heels. It made a difference in driving. I had to be sure I knew where the peddles were with that higher heel.

My morning grocery shopping in the chap boots was without event. I had some extra time so I walked the length of the store twice to get used to the extra ½” of heel. The exercise really helped.

The cashier at the checkout had seen me many times before, even in a skirt, but not with the chap boots. She greeted me with a “Hi Hon” which caught me a little off guard.

When she had finished the transaction I said, “It’s finally cool enough for there”.

I was in full view and she replied, “Well Hon, whatever it takes”.

When I left the store I still wasn’t used to being called “Hon” but … whatever it takes.

kneehighs -

dr1819 –

You guys are almost making me scared to wear my boots in Ohio. Between the legal system and iloveboots advice on learning to run in heels I’m not sure I want to go outside.

I do try to not be “In your face” about wearing my boots and avoid situations which seem to upset anyone so I think I will still keep at it.

iloveboots –

Thanks for the comments on venturing out in new cities. I really like going to museums especially art museums and I have never had a problem wearing my boots to any of them.

I guess I really should practice moving quickly in heels. It might come in handy even crossing a street. Anyone that wanted to could outrun me even when I’m wearing flat shoes so winning a foot race in heels is out of the question. It did occur to me that a sharp pointy heel on a leg exercising a kick would be a deterrent but I really don’t want to find out if it is or not.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Great outing TBG....I also have a pair of the same ChapBoots you have, in black leather. Will wear them out next week and send some pics along.

Yes, I agree about crossing the street!! In Salt Lake City a few weeks ago on business and even with the orange flag system they have I really had to hustle my butt a few times! LOL!

Hey Jeff....thank you, glad you liked the outfit. Yes, I enjoy the black leather jacket look with the Boots, leaves a slight area below the jacket and before the Boots start, great offset. At the restaurant that night I took the jacket off and just had the gray t-shirt with the black riding pants and crotch high Boots. Between our table and the washrooms was a large wood dance floor that the restaurant used later in the evening for jazz and dancing. It was so cool stutting across the floor, there definitely were a lot of eyes watching every step!!

Tonight Cathy and I are off to the Pub....I know Cathy is wearing my favourite thigh high Boots, a pair she has had for over 20 years now. Incredible Italian soft black leather, 5 inch pencil thin stiletto heels. I will be wearing my black suede crotch highs from Little Shoe Box over black jeans.

Cheers,

david

Thighbootguy, I never take women's giggles personally, in fact I find it rather charming.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I went to Bigg’s and Sam’s tonight wearing my chap boots with an olive green turtleneck, jeans, and a black blazer. I thought the outfit looked rather nice. On my morning shops at Bigg’s, I almost have the store to myself but both stores were crowded tonight.

At Bigg’s I had to ask if there was any more of an item is stock and stand around for 5 minutes while the clerk went back to check. After that I wandered around the store without a shopping cart. I got a couple of glances but other than that no reactions at all even standing in the checkout line.

At Sam’s I wandered around with a shopping cart and again got a few glances but for the most part I was ignored. After I had gone through the checkout and was walking out, one woman saw me and gave me a look that would have cooled soup, but that happens. I even stopped for gas and no one noticed.

I’m just out as a casually dressed guy with non-traditional footwear and it seems that most people are willing to go along with that.

Iloveboots -

“It was so cool strutting across the floor”. Come on; give the rest of the dinners a break. Simply walking across the dance floor would have been enough. ;) Sounds like another fun night out.

Shafted -

Funny how the perception of a giggle changes with a woman’s age. Giggles from teens are just an annoyance. The one I got from the register clerk was just a delight.

Thighbootguy: Perhaps I need to get out more, but I have no idea what chap boots are. You must educate this poor schmuck about them! Maybe provide a picture as a frame of reference. Thanks!

Posted Image

Here is the post when I bought them (click here).

They have a long flap on the top of each boot that goes over a belt that comes with the boots. The flap is designed to tuck under the belt and fold outward and attach to a couple of studs on the flap to form a loop. I wear them with the flap over the outside of my jeans belt and tucked under the belt so the rest of the flap extends back behind the boot as is pictured above. I think it looks cleaner and the flap showing on the outside and my belt is tight enough that the boots stay up without closing the loop. I am thinking of putting a velcro patch on the boots to hold the flap.

These are not summer time boots.

Well, damn! That's incredible! I never knew such things existed! And they look pretty neat to boot! Many thanks for the education! ;)