how was your first time going out?

ljhh

well i have been trying to go out publicaly but always get fearful of my heels being noticed could you tell me how was your first time going out? maybe i can get some tips from your experiences :smile::smile:

I can remember going out for the first time in girl mode but fir the life of me I can't remember going out in boy mode. I think I tried the boots on in the shop and kept them on and that was it. They had 3" block heels and were really tame compared to what I'd wear now. Actually, having said that I did have a pair of cowboy boots in the late 70s/early80s that had 3" heels which I wore without any problem at all.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

If i remember correctly, my first time was at night, going on a stroll in the park, so nobody could really see me, and so i was left to myself, and the click clack of my heels. it was exhilirating. Then over time, i realized it didn't really matter what others thought, so 3 years later, public heeling is a daily occurance in my book. :smile: You can do it buddy. Easiest way would be to just dive in.

Hola... My first time out was a long time ago, in 1996. But first some background. I had been wearing flat womens shoes (mostly sandals) in public since I was a teen. My friends and family just came to expect it. In 1996 I was travelling in Argentina and noticed a lot of women wearing fantastic looking hh sandals. When I returned to the US, I was out shoe shopping one day as usual. I saw a pair of thong slides with a woven vamp and 2 inch heel and thought the shoes looked nice. I remember at the time wondering what would it feel like to wear hh sandals, and I tried them on - my first time in heels. I like the shoes, and bought them. As I was going home, I thought to my self, now what am I going to do with these shoes? I decided that buying a pair of shoes and not wearing them would be stupid. I bought the sandals because I liked them. My first time out in those hh thongs was at a shopping mall. I had no intent to shop, I just wanted to try the sandals for a long walk (I had tried them in the house/yard and felt sort of comfortable that I could walk in them without falling!!). When I got out of my car I was a nervous wreck but had to do it. As I approached the mall, a young couple was walking towards me. The girl saw my shoes, discreetly nudged her partner, and as I passed I heard her say something and giggle. I thought great, this is going to be a disaster - but I was committed. I continued into the mall, and walked the corridor, thru some of the big stores and eventually out to my car. Since I was still a hh novice, my heels slipped on the slick floor a few times - no fall - but some unsteadyness, maybe because I was so nervous. Once back to the car I was relieved but proud of myself. But the best part, no one seemed to notice and if they did no one cared enough to notice or comment - except for the first couple. Days later - and after some more practice at home - I went to a Barnes and Noble bookstore in my hh sandals. As I browsed the store, one of the female clerks obviously noticed my sandals and stared a few times but said nothing. I made my purchase and went my way. After these experiences, and deciding that I really do like wearing high heels, I began to get a collection of hh sandals. So now here I am 14 years later with about 20 pair of hh sandals (still have my flats too). I wear high heels in public when possible, with most friends and family aware and OK with it. Even my wife is OK with my heels, I was wearing womens flat sandals before we were married, and we even have a few pair of matching flat and hh sandals. A long winded answer to a short question. Bottom line, YOU can do it and it's fun. Yes, over the years I have gotten a few stares and comments, but I have gotten more complements and positive comments from BOTH men and women. But even more, the majority of the time no one notices or says anything - it's like a non event. So enjoy your heeling experiences, we need more guys out in heels, I am tired of being the only one - at least out here in central California -- ha ha... see ya, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Your question got me thinking back to my earliest memory of going out in public in heels, and i then infact remembered, that my first outing in heels was also done whilst wearing a short brown skirt! I was about 13/14 and waited until it was dark out. I walked out of the house and many streets away in my everyday attire with a pair of ankle strap round toe 4inch grey suede stiletto's and a brown mini skirt in my bag. I found myself a nice quiet street to use as my first outing, made sure nobody was around and quicker than ever before got changed into the skirt and heels, threw my bag on my back and off i went! i remember being so wrapped up in not being seen that i wasn't even thinking about how good and free it felt to be wearing a skirt and heels out in public! I walked the whole length of the street which took only about 5 minutes and turned back, as i was walking back though, i saw the silhouette of a person walking towards me, without thought i quickly moved onto the other side of the road, only to be met by a couple walking out of their house into their car, i kept my head held down so they couldn't see my face, but for sure they knew i was a guy as i didn't even think to shave my legs! (how embarrasing to think back at myself now!) I remember walking past them and my heart racing, thinking to myself, wow this feels absolutely thrilling! so much so i walked ALL the way back to my house wearing the heels and skirt, but took great care in making sure nobody's curtains were open or anybody was out or any cars were coming in my street AT ALL, as if anybody had seen, then the chinese whispers would'av definately started. That is my earliest memory of public heeling, and it took me another 5/6 years to enjoy that feeling again! My advice to you is grab the bull by the horn and get out there in your heels! it's invigorating, and even though there may be fear in your head, the feeling of satisfaction overwhelmes that fear, you'll want to do it again and again and again! I hope you take pleasure in reading what we have to say about our first times out and feel confident about going out for the first time, im certainly looking forward to hearing about your experiance and what you got from it :smile: Cheers, heelguy edit - i just noticed you are also 19 like me! we're the new generation of male heelers, be strong and confident in your efforts to dress and feel any which way you desire, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise!

I read this thread a couple of days ago and have been trying to clear away the cobwebs in my head to remember the first time I went out in heels ever since. The earliest I remember was back in the mid 1960s. I had found a pair of tan suede extra tall knee high boots with a 2” block heel from Sears. Back then I was much more into gloves than heels. In fact, heels weren’t even an attraction, but boots were a real attraction (and still are). I think I had worn those boots under my pants on several occasions but late one night I was driving home and stopped at a convince store and thought why not shot my boots off a bit so I rezipped them over my pant legs and headed into the store. I remember being nervous and making a quick trip of it but I don’t remember anything adverse happening. Again, it was late and the only person that saw me was the clerk in the store but I still remember the high. For a whole lot of years after that I wasn’t interested in showing off my boots so I wore them under my pants but I did wear them a lot. Finally, about 7 years ago I got a pair of Tony’s –U crotch high boots with 5” stilettos and without practicing in private, I put them on over my jeans and walked into a Cracker Barrel restaurant. That was a memorable walk, first because it was my first time on 5” stilettos, and second because I found out how far a walk to the car can be. Other than my poor walking ability, the outing was uneventful except it started me on wearing thigh boots in public. The times have changed. I could not have gotten away with wearing high heeled boots in the 60s. Neither my mental capabilities nor my resistance to peer pressure would have allowed it. But today, well read the Thigh Boots in public thread.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

thanks for sharing your first time going out stories :smile: but i was thinking if it is a good idea to go out dressed as a woman just to ensure that nobody recognizes me (haha my walking is good in 4 inches stilletos) i think my body type helps me because i am skinny and not so tall (i am 5foot 9inches) do you think it is a good idea? or should i go out as a man? i dont know both ways i am fearful of being the laugh of everyone out there :) the people here is so narrow minded about men wearing heels.

Going out as a guy in heels or a gal in heels is an interesting decision. It really depends upon your mental makeup. There are folks on this board that do one or the other or both and do each one well. I go out as a guy in thigh boots, and sometimes a skirt. My attitude toward fashion is a little more “in your face” than most folks. I’m saying, “This is who I am, deal with it.” Other folks are a little more accommodating of the rest of the world and only wear heels with long pants. But in neither case are we trying to hide our gender. Going out as a gal, in my opinion, is more difficult than going out as a guy. If you do it really well things can be easier than going out as a guy but if you do it poorly, it can be a disaster (voice of experience). I’m comfortable presenting myself as a guy. Maybe some of the folks that present themselves as a gal can offer more advice.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I notice that you are from mexico. Why not get a pair of 3" cuban heels. No one will notice anything at all and you still get the feeling of hh's. My first time was back in 1997, but I was a lot younger looking, so I could pass a girl if I fully dressed. which is what I did to get out there. Unfortunately for me, I have matured and can no loger pass as a female. Now I just wear my heels as a man with his wife. I feel confident that when people see me with my wife and we're both in heels, I feel more confident. Who cares what other people think. Their thought are in their heads not ours. But whatever you do, be strong.

thanks for sharing your first time going out stories :smile:

but i was thinking if it is a good idea to go out dressed as a woman

just to ensure that nobody recognizes me (haha my walking is good in 4 inches stilletos)

i think my body type helps me because i am skinny and not so tall (i am 5foot 9inches)...

Sounds like you are ok with the idea of going full fem, which might be easier if you feel comfortable doing that and you can really pull it off. I say go for it.

As for me, when I was young I did full fem in public only a couple of times for halloween costume parties, it was an incredible experience for me at the time, and back then I was not at all street heeling yet. I just kick myself for not having the gumption to start street heeling back when I was that young (and could pull it off) and perhaps would have done a lot more in full fem back then.

These days I have to be content with trying to match my outfits as best as I can to go with my heels in primarily male mode.

i must say, my first time out in high heels was in 2004, an ex of mine and i were going to her home town, which is about a 6 hour drive from where i live, and she offered to stop at a local payless in my town and buy me some boots to wear, b/c she knew i wanted a pair of my own hh. well, we stopped off and got some 3 inch ankle boots with the black rubber heels that dont tap, and asked me while i was in the store "can you walk in them" and when i said yes, she paid for them, and we headed out of town. well, it was a pretty uneventful trip in hh til we got to Lex, upon arrival, i wore my boots for a bit, and decided that since her grandfather was a preacher, i would change into my slacks, and now i wish i hadnt, it was one of the most intense feelings to wear high heels in public, and i was in jeans and a T-shirt with them, and they could appear as dress or casual boots depending on what you wore with them. here it is, 6 years later, and i still have them, still wear them. i actually wore them to school a couple years ago on halloween, and NO ONE said a thing about them, and i have also worn them to work a couple times with no comments as well.

Ljhh:-) Why don't you go out dressed as a girl a few times and then go out dressed as a man wearing high heels a few times. Then you would have a comparson from both sides which then you could choose which way you would prefer to dress on your outings. Or you then may choose to present yourself both ways. One thing to keep in mind is as you age it will be more difficult to present as a convincing girl. As a girl ages she changes her fashion choices and stays current with what is being worn at the time. Some food for thought there. Let us know just how your experiment comes out. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

i was thinking if it is a good idea to go out dressed as a woman

just to ensure that nobody recognizes me (haha my walking is good in 4 inches stilletos)

i think my body type helps me because i am skinny and not so tall (i am 5foot 9inches)

do you think it is a good idea? or should i go out as a man?

i dont know both ways i am fearful of being the laugh of everyone out there :smile:

the people here is so narrow minded about men wearing heels.

I think this is a huge mistake! If you really want to go out dressed as a woman, then go for it, no problem. However, if you are thinking that you will draw less attention in your heels by going our dressed as a woman, I would have to say no-way! My advice, just pick a simple outfit and some heels that aren't overly flashy, and just be yourself. If you go out as yourself, you will look natural and very few people will notice (or care). If somebody you know should happen see you, you will only have to tell them that you like high heels, no big deal. I think you will have a much bigger problem on your hands if somebody you know sees you dressed entirely as a woman.

dblair you are right i would get more trouble if i get recognized while dressed as a woman i would be far more ridiculized by the people here (a ¨macho¨ country and more in northern cities like tijuana) and i would only do that to hide my identity (i only like to wear women´s boots not clothes or make up and the strange thing is that i don´t feel shy to go out as a woman in hhs :/ ) and i would like to go out in hhs in the street as myself but i still dont have the NEEDED courage :) haha maybe i will save the woman´s to halloween hhaha that could be a good excuse to go out in high heels dont you think? :smile:

Today was the first real time out in years, more than just from the car into the salon, though a lot less conspicuous. Went to the market for grocery shopping wearing the shoes shown in the picture - Sudini Turbo Shooties (what a name!). The heel is about 3 1/4 in. at the back, and I don't really notice the height at all. Very comfortable. They are a little noisy but sound like cowboy boots and attract about the same amount of attention. With fairly long jeans, they are not too visible. At least one person looked because of the sound, but they do that with cowboy boots, too, and I didn't pay any attention.

post-28-133522910783_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone,

My first time in public was actually yesterday! I was wearing heels at my gf's place and then she wanted to have a walk round town after dinner at about 8 pm, which was quite heavy. Having drunk a few glasses of wine I thought: "Ah what the hell" and we went out, both wearing heels. She was wearing boots with a 3 1/4" heel and I was wearing 4" stiletto booties pretty visibly. I thought I could walk well enough in them to have a walk around town. Well, I was mistaken. It seems that this city is one of the most crappy to walk in heels, also according to lots of women. There are some really nasty pavements with cobblestones etc. The smoother surfaces went far better though and we both had a great time. We walked for about 1,5 to 2 hours I think, so afterwards I had some unusual feeling in my feet...

As it was still light and shops were closed (not so many people around), people have noticed. I got some comments too (varying from laughing and then a comment "he can walk better in them than she can!" by a group of teenagers, to "nice shoes!" from a guy walking by).

It was a very refreshing experience. Now I know what women go through. :smile: Loved every bit of it though!! Next time I will do something like that I will select a place with better surfaces to walk on...

BTW the shoes I wore are these: http://static.heels.com/images/shoes/main_view/medium/ZPH100_MAIN.jpg

Thanks heelguy :silly: Yes I did! Although it was pretty uncomfortable, it was great. Don't have any idea when my next outing will be though :smile: I have ordered a pair of Pleaser Seduce knee high boots. As soon as I have received them I will post about it! (in the new shoes thread probably) Thanks for your interest :) Greets, Diablo

Hi, Actually my first time public (I don't take into consideration riding car with heels on or going in very desolated places) was today. I came back a little bit earlier from my work, of course by car and of course with heels on my feet. This was rather short stroll from parking to my flat, about 5 minutes. I always thought I walk condifentially wearing heels, maybe not skycrapers like 6 inches but 12 cm pointies or 14 cm with 2 cm platform which I admire. However I wear my heels occasionally, around my flat or as I mentioned when riding a car. I've bought one amazing pair of Marziali pumps (ca. 14.5 cm with 2 cm platform - pictures in my gallery soon) and I have to say there's sth in these shoes I have to make very small steps, walk slowly and, damn it I have to say, like a heels virgin. So this 5 minutes long stroll was a little challenge for me. Actually there was almost no people, so hard to say if this was 100% public show, but Rome wasn't build in a day. So that was a neighbourhood description. Now feelings. I have to say I didn't feel any excitement, certainly not sexual. I wasn't afraid of someone may see me wearing heels, probably because of my outlook was masculine typically, I was wearing long trousers so it was hard to notice heels. But again I was making such tiny steps, such slowly that probably this could be a sign that: "hello, there is sth oddly with this guy, why is he making so small steps? Is he wearing hheels?" And finally I didn't fell confident with my walking. I think there's sth with the shoes' arch shape because I used to have a pair of Aldo (model Franchette, but Ledec is almost identical, the only difference is with nose's shape and materials: Ledec is made of leather, Franchette made man) which was about 14 cm, with platform too and I hadn't such problems, maybe also because of heel thickness as Marziali are almost thin as some GML models. And finally what I discovered about Marzialis is a poor quality of... heeltap. Shoes are made from genuine leather (only sole man made), very nice to the touch but I made about 500m and heeltap has worn out grandly. I didn't have this problem with my GML pointies. So the next steps: practice with Marzialis, worn out heeltap completely (just kidding :smile: ) and go to shoemaker for metal heeltaps. But then it would be much more possible someone to turn heads and I'm not sure if I'd like this. That's all. Thanks for your patience in reading :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

My very first time was during the 70's when high heels for both men and women were the style and fashion. I wore a pair of men's loafers with a 2.5" heel and I wore them to a college class I was taking. I really didn't feel intimidated because so many other guys were wearing shoes like them. So, I started collecting and wearing shoes with even higher, block style heels. Even after they went out of style, I wore them years after that. I eventually worked up to wearing more feminine high heels and I wore them in public, mostly at night. Now, I wear only feminine high heels with 4" or 5" heels in public all of the time with no hesitation.

Grats Diablo and GML on your first outing!

I had mine recently also and I think we need to keep on trying until we become more confident and lose any and all fear.

do we get to read of your first time out in high heels?