how was your first time going out?

ljhh

my first time was not your normal walk in high heels. it was done to raise money for charity which is actually a very good excuse for a man who is too shy to get to wear his heels in public. my first time consisted of a 5 mile sponsored walk wearing very high pleaser platforms that were 7.5'' high. not the easiest heels to walk in but nowhere near impossible. the feeling of wearing heels was actually quite arousing. i also want to state that this was my first ever time in heels not just my first time in public. im doing a 10 mile walk for charity in august and im looking forward to doing that walk as well. i dont know if cowboy boots count as high heels as i had a pair during the 1970's when i was in school. i did of course also have platform heels but being the 1970's these were mens wear and not unusual for the time. i enjoy walking in heels. not just for the feeling i get as i only do it for charity. it is because im also doing something worth doing which is helping others:smile::smile::smile:

My first time in public was about 8 or 9 years ago wearing the first pair of heels I bought. I went about 1/4 mile to the corner shop just down the road from where I was living, and the shoes had a stiletto heel and a very pointy toe, but I wore them with long jeans. I didn't pass anyone so the only person who could have seen was the guy running the shop. The first time I did any sort of length of walk in heels was a year or so later when I bought a pair of knee high boots. I communted weekly by train and would wear them on the two mile walk home on a Sunday evening, but again wouldn't really see anyone on this walk. The first proper public heeling was then this year when I wore a pair of ankle boots with jeans in a shopping centre in the middle of the day. It was fun walking around for a half hour or so, and noone took any notice that I saw. Unless they make much noise, wearing heels with long jeans I think is an easy first step as noone seems to notice, never mind care.

My first time in public was about 8 or 9 years ago wearing the first pair of heels I bought.

The first proper public heeling was then this year when I wore a pair of ankle boots with jeans in a shopping centre in the middle of the day. .

And today? Has your public heeling increased>

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

My first time out was last December. I met the AzShoeNut for coffee at a nearby Starbucks. I wore a pair of strappy wedgies with a 1 inch platform and five inch heels. I wore the longest pants I have with them. At first driving in them was a little strange. I was very careful to leave plenty of room from the car in front of me. We sat inside and talked for a good while. A few people glanced at my feet but that was it. I was rather nervous but it was a fun time. By the time we left I was on cloud nine. I felt as if I just accomplished one of my life long goals. Have gone heeling several times after that with my wife. It is fun every time. For those of you who have never done it, I recommend trying it. You will love it.

My first time going out was few month ago on the evening, I decided to wear my pointed toes ankle boots to put bottles into the recycling trash near my home...I hoped don't crossing anybody, and i went into the street listening the (great) clicking sound of my boots...When i came back to my home i suddenly see a girl who came in front of me.I try to be as relax as possible and try to make less noise with my heels, and I cross her...I think she doesn't see what I was wearing!!!this first time was a huge step for me...now i start to be a bit more confident with my new cowboy boots...

good on ya peter.... i know what you mean about hearing the clicking sound.... and i somehow assume all other noise cease to exist and that everyone can hear my heels and work out I'm wearing heels..... it's a stupid thing, but i get so nervous about that :)

good on ya peter....

i know what you mean about hearing the clicking sound.... and i somehow assume all other noise cease to exist and that everyone can hear my heels and work out I'm wearing heels..... it's a stupid thing, but i get so nervous about that :)

Thanks aussieheels! In fact since this day, I've modify my heel with a piece of rubber on my cowboy boots, and they are as silent as normal shoes...!

And today? Has your public heeling increased>

Unfortunately not, but mainly due to having been away with work for a while. I hope to have another outing soon.

Wow, I have to think back a long way to get to my first time. I recall not yet being married, living at home, going to college. Probably late 1960's or very early 1970's. I had purchased a pair of pumps with about a 3/12 inch thin heel and cross straps on the instep - from Montgomery Wards if anyone remembers them. By that time, it was getting hard to find thin heels, as the hippy years were setting in, with block and low heels becoming prevalent. Interesting that in those years, womens heels were probably mostly lower, while mens shoes were getting higher heels! These were not my first heel purchase, but the first ones I decided to actually walk outside in. I went to a neighborhood not far from where I lived and decided I would take a walk around the block. I picked a spot near a train station with mostly apartments so no one would think much of me parking my car and then walking away from it, and act that would be considered odd in a single family home neighborhood. While wearing mens clothes (jeans) and a winter coat, I also had a scarf. I thought perhaps if I wrapped the scarf around my head, I would be less likely to be noticed. It was probably late afternoon or early evening, still daylight. After driving around the block to make sure it was empty, I stepped out of the car with my heart racing like mad. I managed to get to the corner when an elderly gentleman came around the corner. I tried not to look at him, but as I neared, he asked my why I was wearing a bubushka (sp?)! I found it interesting that the first thing he noticed was not my shoes, but the scarf wrapped around my head. I didn't answer, just kept walking, scared shitless! I'm sure he eventually noticed my heels onced I passed by, but at least he didn't follow me! Anyway, that was my first. Later, after being married, I also tried the dress in women's clothing thing, but I think I wasn't too good at that and was certainly made more than once. But it was a thrill to go out in nylons, heels, and a skirt! That was back when I was not only young, but much thinner as well!