Want to Shave Your Legs? One Word:

SandalFan

NAIR!

I bought a bottle of the Showe Power lotion and used it for the first time tonight. This stuff is AWESOME!!! Completely dissolved all of the hair on both of my legs in a fraction of the time it used to take me to shave! No more razors for me, thank you, very much!

I'm going try their face cream tomorrow. I went to the store to pick up a new pack of blades for my Gilette Mach 3, and the smallest pack they had were 5 blades for $13! Screw that! I can buy a bottle of Nair Face Cream for $6 and not have to shave for days! I just hope it's strong enough. I know my wife would love a really smooth face on me. ;)

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Got the same trouble with the Mach 3 Price... so for my beard I now use... a hair trimmer ! Very good for the 3mm-long beard and "bad boy attitude" !! For the legs, thanks for the information ! I will try And what about the "Nair for men" line of products ?

I am waiting for Nair to do a product that can shift terminal hair on men's faces. The problem is is that the follicle is so deep.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

...I went to the store to pick up a new pack of blades for my Gilette Mach 3, and the smallest pack they had were 5 blades for $13! Screw that! I can buy a bottle of Nair Face Cream for $6 and not have to shave for days! I just hope it's strong enough...

I also use Gillette Mach 3and I agree with you. It is a steal !!!

This is one of the reason why I began "pulsed light" treatment to remove my facial hair a year ago.

( Only place left now with facial hair is aroud the chin area....I'm getting closer ! )

Did you try the Nair face cream ? Does it work for you ?

Not sure it would work for the beard. Unless the hair is very thin...

...And what about the "Nair for men" line of products ?

Did not know there was a "Nair for men" line of products ! Will check their website ...

NAIR!

I bought a bottle of the Showe Power lotion and used it for the first time tonight. This stuff is AWESOME!!! Completely dissolved all of the hair on both of my legs in a fraction of the time it used to take me to shave! No more razors for me, thank you, very much!

I'm going try their face cream tomorrow. I went to the store to pick up a new pack of blades for my Gilette Mach 3, and the smallest pack they had were 5 blades for $13! Screw that! I can buy a bottle of Nair Face Cream for $6 and not have to shave for days! I just hope it's strong enough. I know my wife would love a really smooth face on me. ;)

I agree with you that Nair is the way to go: It's alot faster, no chance of any knicks, longer lasting results, and super smooooooth legs when done. Let me know how the face cream works out. ;)

Just tried the face cream, and am very sorry to report that it's way too weak for men's facial hair... every stubble was still firmly in place after rinsing...

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Just tried the face cream, and am very sorry to report that it's way too weak for men's facial hair... every stubble was still firmly in place after rinsing...

Thank you for the report! Either leg hair is not as robust as the facial hair, or more than likely the facial product is alot more mild. Shaving my face is one of my least favorite activities. I was hoping for an easy alternative, but I guess the search goes on.

Thanks for the report SandalFan :-) If it would be so easy, I guess razors manufacturers would have been out of business a long time ago. Now think about women who removes their hair using wax. So removing our facial hair with a razor is not too bad after all...

Shaving my face is one of my least favorite activities.

Amen to that... I swear, the day someone invents a personal electrolysis machine, I'll be first in line to buy one.

I would like to try thier face creem. Has anybody used it and how is the results????

Greatings crotchhiboots :-)

FYI, your question about the face cream is already answered... Unfortunately, It doesn't work for the beard...

You may want to see post # 6 from SandalFan on previous page: http://www.hhplace.org/everybody/14184-want_shave_your_legs_one_word.html#post211533

Laser

Greatings Amanda :-)

FYI, I am already getting Palomar pulsed light treatments to remove my beard (80% is now gone)

And this treatment is less painful and more efficient than laser. (I know because I tried both)

To all: (BTW I'm sorry but my reply is more than one word...)

Same as with laser, it takes time and it cost quite a fair amount of money at the end.

But I was tired of scratching/bleeding my skin each time I shave (My skin is very sensitive).

Now I use only one Mach3 blade per week. Before it was at least 3 blades.

I used to shave twice a day. Now it's only once per day mostly around the chin and moustache area.

See below picture 20 hours after shaving. Note taht I used to have a very strong beard but not anymore...;)

I get a treatment every 6 weeks. (My next treatment in July will be number eight)

My goal is not to get rid of my beard completely but to be able to shave quickly without irritation.

Note that this method (or laser) is safe for any region of your body. (They will adjust power accordingly)

I guess a few more treatments on the chin area and it will be OK.

(For more information, see this link:http://www.photoderma.ca/permanenthairreduction.php)

A final note: You may want to reduce your spending on heels. This is what I did and I don't regret it...;)

post-14338-133522888136_thumb.jpg

I shave every time I'm in the shower, I swear by the Venus razor. Have used Nair, and it does work as advertised, but has a nasty smell. I wonder if anyone here has tried the new exfoliating sponge that we've seen on TV lately?? Any information on that? My legs are starting to get tanned with regular wearing of shorts, mine are quite short, perfect for cutting grass or just throwing horseshoes in the yard. Throw on a pair of wedge heels and let the rays bounce off your polished toes and you see why girls are smilin' all summer!!

Laser

Amanda,

I was just about to ask if anyone had tried the home laser devices...I was thinking of getting one for me and my partner. I've been reading mixed reviews on them, what do you think?

Regards,

Spiker.

My legs are starting to get tanned with regular wearing of shorts, mine are quite short, perfect for cutting grass or just throwing horseshoes in the yard.

Which are "quite short?" Your shorts or your legs? ;);):lmao::penitent:

(just a little humor, there)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

...Have used Nair, and it does work as advertised, but has a nasty smell...

Greatings HappyinHeels :-)

Just try the Veet Spray On Hair Removal Cream (In a green can).

No smell and you don't need to touch the product.

Greatings HappyinHeels :-)

Just try the Veet Spray On Hair Removal Cream (In a green can).

No smell and you don't need to touch the product.

Does it burn? Would you suggest using it in the shower, or would it be fine to use "dry?"

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Does it burn? Would you suggest using it in the shower, or would it be fine to use "dry?"

No it doesn't burn (as long as you read and follow the instructions carefully)

It may cause some skin irritation (This is why they recommend to test the product on a small area first)

These type of products are always used on dry skin (They won't work on wet skin).

This one is "water resistant". You wait 1 minute then you can use the shower if you want.

Personally, I prefer to wait the recommended time then go in the shower to remove it.

The instructions says 3 minutes but for me it is 4-5 minutes (Never exceed 6 minutes)

I guess the 3 minutes only must be for women's legs with very thin hair.

For me, it works perfectly fine and no irritation at all.

Again, you must read and follow all instructions before using it.

No it doesn't burn (as long as you read and follow the instructions carefully)

It may cause some skin irritation (This is why they recommend to test the product on a small area first)

These type of products are always used on dry skin (They won't work on wet skin).

This one is "water resistant". You wait 1 minute then you can use the shower if you want.

Personally, I prefer to wait the recommended time then go in the shower to remove it.

The instructions says 3 minutes but for me it is 4-5 minutes (Never exceed 6 minutes)

I guess the 3 minutes only must be for women's legs with very thin hair.

For me, it works perfectly fine and no irritation at all.

Again, you must read and follow all instructions before using it.

Thanks a bunch - I'll definitely keep this in mind.

I have just read some reviews on this Nair stuff and there can be some pretty bad side effects. I have sensitive skin and use Veet and its fine. It pays to shave my legs for sport anyway for me. A wetsuit and hairy legs is not a good combo.

Nair, Veet or others: All instructions and warnings are the same.

You must do a test on a small area before using the product and follow all instructions carefully.

Indeed - I tested along the back of my left leg, just above the Achilles tendon (most sensitive area on either leg, for me). Worked like a dream, so I Naired it up and didn't look back. Really looks like a good shave job.

Do you remove the Nair from up the leg or down?

Do you remove the Nair from up the leg or down?

Personally, I remove it up the leg (When using the included plastic/rubber tool).

Note that when the product is furnished with a sponge, they recommend to remove it in a circular motion.

I agree with you when you say "Really looks like a good shave job".

It is a really good shave job witout any scratch or irritation (and it last longer than shaving too)