Flying Vs. Heels

Tinkerbell

On a recent flight, I noticed something in the Safety Information card (in the pocket in front of me) that I just had to share here.

Posted Image

So I guess this means, unless you want to possibly be forced to toss your gorgeous pair of shoes in the trash in case of an emergency, and go barefoot, don't wear heels on your flights! :w00t2:

On a recent flight, I noticed something in the Safety Information card (in the pocket in front of me) that I just had to share here.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g143/bamajen/Misc/Untitled-1.jpg

So I guess this means, unless you want to possibly be forced to toss your gorgeous pair of shoes in the trash in case of an emergency, and go barefoot, don't wear heels on your flights! :w00t2:

You can probably call yourself lucky to be alive after such occasions and be happy to actually be able to continue to wear heels :lmao:

Well ok, obviously this was meant as humor. I mean yeah if I was given a choice between my favorite pair of heels and my life I'd chose heels... err I mean life! LOL!

Having to choose between life and heels like the ones you have in your avatar is a no brainer. Like you first chose, it's the heels. Be brave and hug them tight as you exit the plane. You're going to need them later for walking, hooking a fish, or some other need for survival.

I'm still wondering where I can get a pair like them. I may need them in order to survive my plane trip.

Sounds ok providing you don't hook the spike heel and go tumbling down the inflatable ramp. And even if you survive that, being accosted by the survivors on the ground after the ramp is deflated (by the spike heel) trapping their acquaintances and loved ones! (ha ha). I'd take them off.

But another take on all this would be, you me and all the other heel wearers on the flight could have a quick little vote take heels or not? I think all of us led by Amanda would be stuffing our heels in the life jackets. Except for a bunch that might be wearing lace up knee/thigh boots which means just go as is anyways! Problem solved let all of us just go with heels! Mtnsofheels

Having to choose between life and heels like the ones you have in your avatar is a no brainer. Like you first chose, it's the heels. Be brave and hug them tight as you exit the plane. You're going to need them later for walking, hooking a fish, or some other need for survival.

Ahh good point! Thinking back to the last time I saw Castaway, I can think of so many things that would've been easier for Tom Hanks if he had only had a pair of heels!

I'm still wondering where I can get a pair like them. I may need them in order to survive my plane trip.

I'll have to get my husband's attention to this thread... he's the one who bought them for me. :w00t2:

Sounds ok providing you don't hook the spike heel and go tumbling down the inflatable ramp. And even if you survive that, being accosted by the survivors on the ground after the ramp is deflated (by the spike heel) trapping their acquaintances and loved ones!

I am still LOLing at this visual. Just one more reason not to wear heels on my flights.

But another take on all this would be, you me and all the other heel wearers on the flight could have a quick little vote take heels or not? I think all of us led by Amanda would be stuffing our heels in the life jackets. Except for a bunch that might be wearing lace up knee/thigh boots which means just go as is anyways! Problem solved let all of us just go with heels!

I say if the airlines are catering to the obese by allowing them two seats on a flight... they can cater to us by making the rafts out of something that won't deflate to begin with.

And on that topic... doesn't anyone question the safety of said rafts if a heeled shoe is a danger?

I believe the seatback instructions say to remove heels before going down the slide. That's a good reason to not wear them on an airplane - don't want to be barefoot running across the ground.

I believe the seatback instructions say to remove heels before going down the slide. That's a good reason to not wear them on an airplane - don't want to be barefoot running across the ground.

OUCH, OOO, IEEE, HOT TARMAC! OUCH!

The reason not to wear heels when going down the slide thing is so you don't break the slide. The obvious solution therefore is to dive down it head first :lmao:

Watch out for the pavement at the bottom! Maybe you should take a "crash" helmet as well?:w00t2:

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

I can remember some of British airways cabin crew given a practice escape out of a Tristar down the slides within my hanger. They wouldn't let us spanner boys play:penitent: Watching the guys come off the bottom they were readjusting their trousers (pants for the colonials) out of their bum. The girls however were trying to cool their legs and bums off from friction burns. The escape sheet doesn't warn this and if I remember correctly the advised way is with your arms crossed on the chest.(maybe with shoes tightly held) I can advise don't go commando for either gender just incase. Al

Most people who have survived a plane; train, bus crash or a shipwreck/sinking have other things on their minds. Somehow, heels take a very low priority. But if it's really all that important to you, you could buy yourself a waterproof suitcase that floats along with a large plastic bag that zips; and as the plane is going down, remove the heels and place them in the plastic bag and zip it shut with lots of air inside, then carefully place the airtight bag into the waterproof suitcase, which you will also shut after you activate the homing beacon that you have also placed there for that purpose. Then you will need to be sure to attach a sealed, waterproof address label on the outside so that whoever finds it return your precious heels to you or your next of kin. :w00t2:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

If I remember correctly, on the safety instruction card on a flight I was on, it stated 'in an emergency evacuation etc'.......'ladies must remove their high heels'. So, it's ok for us men to keep our heels on! Sorry, potentially bad taste, but it's true.

ditch the heels and save your bacon first. cant wear them after your dead as far as we know....

I'm not so sure you are correct in this assumption for I have never heard of angels (people who have died) or spirits (personages yet to become mortal) coming in visions or actual visitations with out something on. Maybe they wore clothing for our benefit. To say the least, it is possible to wear apparel, which includes footwear, in the next life, if these sightings or events are genuine in the descriptions of them.

If I remember correctly, on the safety instruction card on a flight I was on, it stated 'in an emergency evacuation etc'.......'ladies must remove their high heels'. So, it's ok for us men to keep our heels on!

Sorry, potentially bad taste, but it's true.

Now that you've brought it up, they'll probably change the wording on the card.

I'll have to get my husband's attention to this thread... he's the one who bought them for me. :w00t2:

Has you husband devulged any information, yet? I hope they are still being made and marketed in my size.

Has you husband devulged any information, yet? I hope they are still being made and marketed in my size.

Sorry for the delay. I have been trying to find exactly where I got them, but to no avail. I do have the manufacturer though (link follows), and will continue to find where I got them if you would like.

http://www.ellieshoes.com/showcase/ProductDetail.asp?div=6&dpt=&ctg=&PROD_CD=8260

I of course found a great deal on them when they were purchased. I beleive I paid $25.00 (USD).

EDIT: This is where I purchased them: http://www.snaz75.com/el-8260.html

I got them on clearance at the time, but even the price listed isnt to bad.