WANTED: your best date for WHM 2009

kneehighs

WANTED: which date for the WHM 2009 works best for you?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. WANTED: which date for the WHM 2009 works best for you?

• Saturday, Feb. 21st. 2009
    • Saturday, Feb. 28th 2009
    • It doesn't matter either way

Okay guys, speed is of the essence here.

Vote for which day is best for you for the World Heel Meet 2009. Let your voice be heard.

1. Saturday, Feb. 21 2009.

• PRO: Fashion Week Parties--during the heart of London Fashion Week, so some fashion week

party options for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. I can not guarantee your entrance.

• PRO: Major Fetish Event Parties--2 major fetish night life event options for that weekend. On Saturday night is Club Rub Kool Kilts, Tartan, and Highland Flings. On Sunday night is Heathrow Dungeon Zone Fetish/BDSM Party.

2. Saturday, Feb. 28th 2009.

PRO--stick with the original plan! I already booked my train tickets/airfare/hotel

3. It doesn't matter either way.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I voted for Saturday, Feb. 21st and here is why I voted to change the date for the World Heel Meet 2009. I am building a budding fashion photography business. It turns out that the Fashion Gods decided that London Fashion Week from Feb 20-Feb 24th (after I posted the WHM 2009). After that, is Milan Fashion Week, where I stand a really good chance of picking up some additional gigs. As such, I'd like to be able to make Milan Fashion Week, which incidentally falls on Saturday, Feb. 28th. I'm sorry to inconvenience anyone as I announced the WHM 2009 date in haste, before the British Fashion Council finalized their dates for LFW. I figure we still have enough time to change plans....

I vote for London Fashion Week. I'm not young, I'm not pretty and I definitely have a strange taste in footwear, so I can see that the LFW luvvies might regard me as a member of the lumpen proletariat, but, hell, I can always try to blag my way in ! Xa

Voted for the 21st as I'm not scheduled to be working that Saturday. Also, I like the idea of there being some parties over that weekend. I think the 21st is a better date all round.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

It doesn't really matter to me as I'm here anyway and it's only a matter of shifting a few less important things around... As for Club Rub, I think I'd go anyway. Euchrid, if you can't make it we can have a mini-meet on the 28th anyway.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

voted for your option kneehighs

being self employed i think you are wise in seeing some good business potential!

oh ye and the sales should still be on..bargain hunting time!

I totally appreciate your support. Thank You.

I voted for the original date, only because it's an $80 better fare from Boston to London...

But, I'm game for attempting either/or.

Does that include a comprehensive comparison of all major travel sites, including Hotwire.com, Expedia, and Priceline? As well, did you compare with regards to the same dates of travel? In the spirit of trying to save you money, try alternating the dates you travel on. For instance, it's almost always cheaper to fly on weekdays (M-R), than on weekends.

Needs to be 28.11.09 for me.

sigh. I really want to accomodate as many people as possible, which is why I created this thread to allow choice "by the people, for the people". At the moment of this posting, it appears that the date is trending to the 21st. Let's see what a few more days of this poll brings.

If I make the date the 28th, I'll organize the meet, but can't guarantee I'll be there.

I voted 28 as I missed 2008 HHM and wouldn't miss 2009... 21 isn't ok for me :w00t2:

Yeah, we missed you! Let's see what additional information this poll brings.

I voted either date. i definitely want to support you Kneehighs and if you cannot be there the 28th, definitely would want to see the 21st chosen.

I have flight booked but I believe I can change?

David

And I totally appreciate that support. I feel terribly for bringing this on you! Changing ticket dates is usually simple, provided you opt for that choice when making your initial purchase. I habitually pay a small $25-$30 insurance fee for such changes, which protects my money in the event of an unforeseen circumstance forcing a change in my travel dates. Perhaps the site you booked through or the airline you booked with allows a change in advance. Please keep me updated.

Guys (and maybe a couple of gals), I am going to let this poll run until next Saturday at which point a decision will be made based on a fair and objective democratic standard.

Again, I am sorry for the current state of date "fluctuation". London Fashion Week is really getting the shaft from New York and Milan. London Fashion Week was the last major fashion week to announce it's dates. That's because originally, they were only going to get 4 days in their time slot during fashion month (NY, London, Milan, Paris). The boards of all 4 fashion weeks then eventually decided that London should get a full 5 days of fashion week. But then New York and Milan announced their dates and when put on a calendar, it only gave London 4 dedicated days of fashion week. London ultimately had to overlap either NY or Milan by one day and in the end, decided to overlap New York by one day. It was a complete mess. I would schedule the World Heel Meet at another time if I could, but it's already a miracle that my employer is going to allow me to take 2 months off next year (fashion month)...and I don't want to push my luck trying for additional time.

kneehighs "it's already a miracle that my employer is going to allow me to take 2 months off next year (fashion month)...and I don't want to push my luck trying for additional time.

February is still a long way off. Who knows, from the way the economic situation in the world is going, "your employer" might be asking you for a job by the time the heel meet is to begin.":penitent::w00t2:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Ok Gentleman, Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote for the best date for the World Heel Meet 2009. In a slim victory, Saturday Feb 21st wins the slot for the upcoming World Heel Meet 2009. I've contacted The Miller to arrange for the date change. To those of you who voted for the 28th, I apologize for the inconvenience. Sincerely, kneehighs

Re: WANTED: your best date for WHM 2009 ------------------------------------------------------------------------Quote: kneehighs "it's already a miracle that my employer is going to allow me to take 2 months off next year (fashion month)...and I don't want to push my luck trying for additional time. February is still a long way off. Who knows, from the way the economic situation in the world is going, "your employer" might be asking you for a job by the time the heel meet is to begin." __________________ Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public. KneeHighs can't push his luck asking for additional time off from work. He is an at-will employee who works for a private company. He does not want to lose his job during the next round of lay-offs at his company. Airwolf

My point is that HMs should not be arranged around one person's itinerary.

20-30 people usually show up, and there should be group consensus when HMs take place.

Airwolf

In a way I can agree, but do you know what will happen if KH doesn't put in all his effort and work into these meetings as he has been doing for years now? I am sure there won't be any meeting at all to visit. I have been arranging meetings in the past, not high heel meetings though, and there are numerous hours to be put in and no one ever says a single "thank you" to you. I think we all should be thankful that he still takes his time to do this despite being fully occupied with his day-time work and fashion shooting and not critisize that it from your point of view is a badly chosen date.

I am sure you are most welcome to arrange the meetings in the future. Maybe one in march-april 2010?

KneeHighs can't push his luck asking for additional time off from work. He is an at-will employee who works for a private company. He does not want to lose his job during the next round of lay-offs at his company.

Airwolf

Actually, I work for a publicly traded company...but that's besides the point.

I've always had people PM me criticizing the dates that I choose for the WHM's. I accept it as a fact of life: nothing less and nothing more, so it's no big deal to me.

In a way I can agree, but do you know what will happen if KH doesn't put in all his effort and work into these meetings as he has been doing for years now? I am sure there won't be any meeting at all to visit. I have been arranging meetings in the past, not high heel meetings though, and there are numerous hours to be put in and no one ever says a single "thank you" to you. I think we all should be thankful that he still takes his time to do this despite being fully occupied with his day-time work and fashion shooting and not critisize that it from your point of view is a badly chosen date.

I am sure you are most welcome to arrange the meetings in the future. Maybe one in march-april 2010?

THANKS!!

It's true. The forum is going to need someone else to arrange the 2010 World Heel Meet. It could be in Berlin, or Amsterdam, or even Barcelona!

I honestly hope someone will step up and take charge.

In an ideal world, a date decision by consensus would be nice, but through experience in organizing more heel meets here than anyone else in hhplace history, I've found it's just easier to get people together by choosing a date myself, than make a decision by consensus.

My point is that HMs should not be arranged around one person's itinerary.

20-30 people usually show up, and there should be group consensus when HMs take place.

Airwolf

Given the changing situation in KH's life and schedule, I am sure that he would be more than willing to let you take charge and do all of the coordinating work that goes into planning an event like this. By all means, if you really think you can do a better job, jump in and get your feet wet. I'm sure KH will accept any and all help he can get.

Most of us realize just what an exceptional "talent" KH is and just how skilled he is at organizing things. We really owe him a huge THANK YOU for everything he has contributed to this forum.

Thank you, kneehighs. It's a real pleasure and priviledge to be able to call you "friend."

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I resent the fact that the HM has to revolve around one individual's schedule.

London can be awfully cold in February.

If you ask me, March or April are better times for a HM.

Airwolf

My God man, somebody makes an extensive effort to give up their own free time to try to organise something to benefit everybody, and all you can do is bitch about it???

If you can and want to do better then bring it on, I'm sure all the members would love a heel meet to be bigger and better and on a day that suits every single persons schedule, but until you do that, why cant you just be grateful inistead of sticking the knife in when people make an effort?

I resent the fact that you would take somebody else's hard work and spare time efforts and try to screw it into something negative. :w00t2:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

• 1 month later...

A certain publicly-traded, Fortune 50 company stated yesterday that it would take a $25 billion impairment charge in the fourth quarter for its cable, publishing, and AOL units.

The pink slips are coming.

The way the economy is going, this might be the last International HM for a long time.

Airwolf

Actually, I work for a publicly traded company...but that's besides the point.

I've always had people PM me criticizing the dates that I choose for the WHM's. I accept it as a fact of life: nothing less and nothing more, so it's no big deal to me.

THANKS!!

It's true. The forum is going to need someone else to arrange the 2010 World Heel Meet. It could be in Berlin, or Amsterdam, or even Barcelona!

I honestly hope someone will step up and take charge.

In an ideal world, a date decision by consensus would be nice, but through experience in organizing more heel meets here than anyone else in hhplace history, I've found it's just easier to get people together by choosing a date myself, than make a decision by consensus.