Curious...

radiodave

Would you wear heels as much if they were more accepted?  

725 members have voted

1. 1. Would you wear heels as much if they were more accepted?

• Yes! I'd wear them as much as I can.
    • I'd wear them if the occasion called for them.
    • I probably wouldn't wear them much.
    • No, I wouldn't wear them.
    • I'd wear low heels
    • I'd wear the highest I could comfortably manage.
    • I'd wear the highest I can find.

At the mall yesterday, I noticed several ladies with lovely high heels, some approaching some dizzying heights, and yet they walked with agility through the mall. At the heel meet Saturday, I wore my 4" boots, and after some walking through the mall, I'll have to say that while I liked wearing them and found that walking that much didn't bother me, I'd have to think about how often I would wear them for the heck of it. If I was going to do lots of walking, heels probably wouldn't be my first choice, and I'm somewhat thankful I didn't wear something much higher on Saturday. So, this bids a question for the guys: If guys wearing heels was completely accepted, and it was perfectly normal for guys to be in heels, no matter how feminine they looked, would you still wear them for the heck of it? I'm still in the "novelty" phase, where I'm getting to wear heels because I think they look cool and they were always considered "taboo". But, if I had been a teenager and started wearing heels about the same time women start wearing them, I don't think I'd be as "wowed" by them now, so I wonder if I would have as big a collection as I do now. Edit: I added the latter 3 options for additional curiosity, so multiple choices are allowed.

Well, I'd certainly wear heels more often if they were more readily accepted, provided more styles were available in my size (13 wide).

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I wear the Fioni 4" open-back clogs that I wore Saturday at our meet, or similar styles almost everywhere. After our Saturday get-together, a visit to Payless netted me a pair of boots similar to Dave's. This whole situation may seem frivalous, but I'm having a lot of fun with it; after all, it is neither "illegal, immoral nor fattening". In fact, since I've come here and started pursuing this, I've dropped weight. Must be related to being able to pursue something I like, and meeting others who are of the same mind.

I would absolutely wear heels as a part of my regular attire if they were more accepted. When I see photographs of me in heels, it amazes me that how well the heels complete the outfit. Also, at the moment I am wearing my heels almost daily - to any activity that doesn't involve work or family. In many ways, I desire a day when I cn just slip on my pumps and go- regardless of where it is,

Style is built from the ground up!

If guys wearing heels was completely accepted, and it was perfectly normal for guys to be in heels, no matter how feminine they looked, would you still wear them for the heck of it?

Hell yeah!

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Good ? Dave. I voted yes, as much as I can. I have many different styles and heel sizes I could switch in to when my feet start getting a little tired and achy. Except for working out, I would wear heels all the time I believe.

real men wear heels

It would depend on the occasion - if lots of walking or being on my feet all day was involved, I'd probably not (but wish I could). If there was a great deal of sitting involved (such as air/rail travel) then definitely.

My answer was #2.

I like wearing heels a lot but I am wondering if the "fun" part of it

would decrease since it would not be considered "taboo" anymore...

Personally, I don't wear them because they're "taboo". I wear them because I enjoy them too much to restrict myself to the inside of my house anymore.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Personally, I don't wear them because they're "taboo". I wear them because I enjoy them too much to restrict myself to the inside of my house anymore.

Hello SandalFan :-)

I also wear my heels because I enjoy them and I wear them at work.

(Nothing will ever stop me from wearing heels)

Personnaly, I do make a difference between "enjoyment" and "fun".

It is hard to explain but here is my best try:

(Please bare with me: My native language is French)

"Enjoyment" is what I feel by simply wearing them.

"Fun" is what what I feel when someone is looking at me while wearing heels...

So the "taboo" part of it makes it funnier.

"Enjoyment" is what I feel by simply wearing them.

"Fun" is what what I feel when someone is looking at me while wearing heels...

So the "taboo" part of it makes it funnier.

Ah. I gotcha. My own fun factor isn't driven by how much attention I attract. Just finally being out and about in heels is fun for me.

Yes I would love to wear my 4" high heel boots at any time without hesitation or worry. Hopefully wearing high heels will one day become as acceptable as men's earrings. If enough men visited this site and started public heeling, that dream could be a reality.

I would wear high heels all of the time everywhere. I would wear 5" stiletto high heels even to work, again if this was an accepted fashion trend. I think there would be others too who would wear high heels more often. I would probably even wear 6" high heels in public more often, too.

For me it's a matter of selection. If heels were more popular for men, then perhaps more would be made in my size --womens 15. Plus if it were more acceptable, my wife might feel more comfortable with me in heels. That would great increase the opportunities to heel.

For me it's a matter of selection. If heels were more popular for men, then perhaps more would be made in my size --womens 15...

I agree with whynotheels. If any shoe or boot I saw was available in my size (13+), then things might be different.

I think that In my case for sure i will wear them more often, but the question is if I will enjoy the same, more or less? my response is maybe I wont, because of the fact that is not publicly aproved and it is rare or limted the moments that we put them on and play, is what makes it hot and interesting CHALENGING, sexy i dont know all that feeling with adrenaline inside that make us come back again and be addicted to wear hheels, maybe for others is not the case since they already adopted as a normal routine to wear hh shoes most of the time in public. So in conclusion to my opinion when something is scarce or limited it retains its value and interest or mystery, and if it is common and available then it wont, and even the emotion disapears.

V. Morpho

I agree with what many have said, I think the taboo part of it adds to the excitement. As I wear them now, I put them on any chance I can, and since I can't do it full time (I do streetheel, but less often at work and similar situations), it tends to be about 50% in heels, 50% out of heels. I think if it were fully accepted, the 50% ratio would probably still apply. I might not be in the same frame of mind wanting to wear them any chance I can, and the times I wear them in would be planned more than now according to the occasion, but I think I would still love to wear them regardless.

I would probably even buy more high heels to match every single outfir I own. My closet would probably look like Imelda Marcos closet.

Roni, agreed; it's already on the way..........

It's all about the heel!