Curious...

radiodave

Would you wear heels as much if they were more accepted?  

725 members have voted

1. 1. Would you wear heels as much if they were more accepted?

• Yes! I'd wear them as much as I can.
    • I'd wear them if the occasion called for them.
    • I probably wouldn't wear them much.
    • No, I wouldn't wear them.
    • I'd wear low heels
    • I'd wear the highest I could comfortably manage.
    • I'd wear the highest I can find.

Been giving this thread some more thought lately, and I'm still debating how much I can, so to say "get away with" locally when I consider that I don't see many women who wear heels much anymore. I did see a few boots with some heel on the gals at a local mall, but even that is a rarity for me. Locally - there is no way I could get away with a 4 to 5 inch stiletto. I'd be upstaging the girls, and putting the household in a predicament. Wouldn't be pretty that's for sure. It's a bit of a tough crowd around here. Just a few years ago, a guy, in a rush to get to work threw on his wife's underwear (he was still a bit hungover). When he went to change into his work clothes, the guys caught him and harassed the hell out of him. Later that week, he quit. He just couldn't handle the pressure. If I go out of town, it's a whole different issue. Then it's only me I have to worry about, and I've pretty much discovered, it's a none issue so far. I haven't been out in any stiletto's yet, but I don't think it will be an issue once I'm comfortable in walking in single sole heels. (prefer some platform even if it's a 1/2") So my problem lies in how do I crack open the door without getting it slammed back at me. It will get slammed if I show up at the gas station in anything obvious.

I think this is a great post to show that it's not just a simple as, "Go ahead out and wear your heels." If you are completely independent, or complete don't give a ____, then yeah you can do that. But peer pressure is real, whether you are 14 or 45. Sure, you can wear heels to a party or family function, and you probably won't (physically) die. But you can socially die (certainly be injured). Credit should be given to people who are not 'chicken' in not wearing heels in public, but rather perceptive enough to realize that the environment they are in, it may not be the best thing to do.

I would definately wear them as often as possible, work & social! Not only are 'womans' boot and shoes so much better looking they also have a massive amount to choose from - knee high, thigh high, pointed toe, high heel...... Come the day (ha ha) my pair of choice will be black leather thigh high boots with pointed toe and stiletto heel over skinny jeans!

If wearing heels was perfectly normal for men, then I would have been wearing them as much as possible for quite a while. I would hope that I'd have mastered walking in very high heels and I would certainly were the highest I could manage. Most of my shoes are black apart from one red pair, so I think the biggest difference would be the colours I would like to wear. I'm really liking so of the "painted" styles that are about now e.g in Next

Yes ofc would wear, if there wasnt any forbiden things in socitie i bet i where allready gone around on heals 12years ago @ least :) I clearly can walk miles on heels(well @ least on 3'' heal) as walking everyday outside, today was on mall even(all way to it even on heels). when i'm wearing my army boots everybody notice them :lmao: :lmao: :( when i'm on heals look like nobody notice it :):smile: :smile:

every human has they own choices...

Sure a lot of people have the attitude that heels are women's footwear, but this comes from not having any information or understanding about the history of heeling and/or about what men and women really think and feel. We are constantly bombarded today with the macho ideals society wants to promote that all real people should be. The standards and rules have been set up to self-sustain these socially enchanced macho images. The real kicker is that women can join in exhibiting the macho attitudes and appearances and they are applauded and encouraged, while men with the stereotypical feminine desires are demeaned and discouraged. Such extreme single sidedness makes individuals feel unimportant as their real personalities are pushed aside. We usually hear of people trying to find a voice, to be understood, to be noticed after they make their fleeting moments of notoriety happen, often to society's chagrin and detriment, when these moments end in shame and/or people being injured and/or killed. Why isn't understanding individuals important? We want to combine who we are as we somewhat emulate the models and goals we admire. In this social environment, individuals aren't always comfortable being their own person, therefore they don't realize the joy of fulfilling their particular desires, unless they ignore the man-made social encompassments.

• 1 month later...

it aint gonna happen,so i am not even gonna think about it

I would agree. Too many people out there with closed minds locked in concrete that will never accept forward thinking people like myself who choose to wear what we like, regardless of what side of the aisle the shoes or clothing comes from.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

it aint gonna happen,so i am not even gonna think about it

Maybe, maybe not. If that had been the attitude that women had taken through history they would not be able to vote, wear pants in public, etc. You just never know...

The only easy part of the path we are on is that part we walked yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted "I'd wear them if the occasion called for them" but I figure wanting to look and feel good is certainly a suitable occasion and would be most days. I wouldn't wear them all the time though. The other night I wore my new heels for maybe a 1km walk on my way home, and it felt good but kind of stupid too... if wearing heels was more accepted I'd probably wear them more but be more sensible about it and carry a pair of flats for walking longer distances so I can enjoy my heels more at other times.

If you like it, wear it.

• 2 weeks later...

I said I would wear them a lot, but it's really hard to know. Like, would Everybody be wearing them? I like to be a little different than whatever everyone is doing. Would it be mostly corporate types? Or renegades? Or hippy types? Would we be stereotyped due to what types of men are wearing them most. I think we are lucky Now that it is too rare and unusual to really mean anything yet- which gives us a lot of freedom. I must take advantage of the current lack of labels and few assumed meanings!

I'd would rather be wearing them a lot more of the time, to bad the trend is not in for men. In my own past history of doing it though I found out that the more I do it the easier it is. You become programed in your own mind of doing it, and then it's easy. Rather than doing it just once a week or so making it feel more awkward. But here's the thing. I always felt the need to do some other sort of style extream to go along with the shoes I'm wearing. Examples, Like having real long hair, if I cut it short I started feeling out of place with my shoes as everything else was in typical male attaire. So then with the help of my hair, head bands, army or sport jackets, flared or tight jeans, or tight body shirts, seemed to help with the presentation of the shoes that I would wear. I have aways stayed away from makeup, tattoos, earings, neckaces, I have a body that is lean, tall, muscular and not over weight.

• 2 months later...

I'd would rather be wearing them a lot more of the time, to bad the trend is not in for men. In my own past history of doing it though I found out that the more I do it the easier it is. You become programed in your own mind of doing it, and then it's easy. Rather than doing it just once a week or so making it feel more awkward. But here's the thing. I always felt the need to do some other sort of style extream to go along with the shoes I'm wearing. Examples, Like having real long hair, if I cut it short I started feeling out of place with my shoes as everything else was in typical male attaire. So then with the help of my hair, head bands, army or sport jackets, flared or tight jeans, or tight body shirts, seemed to help with the presentation of the shoes that I would wear. I have aways stayed away from makeup, tattoos, earings, neckaces, I have a body that is lean, tall, muscular and not over weight.

The bottom line is and always is that whatever you do, be comfortable with yourself, enjoy yourself, and have fun.

I'd would rather be wearing them a lot more of the time, to bad the trend is not in for men.

Pardon my French but, *ignore* trends! Wear what you want, when you want, where you want! What we do will NEVER be accepted by the great unwashed masses, so tell society to take a flying leap and enjoy your heels!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I don't know exactly why i like to wear high heels. Its a kind of fetish i think. I am not interested in shoes for man even if they are very well made and rather expensive. Its always the same process, i am in a shoestore or on the net, i see something i don't have. I think i can afford it and they will fit. I buy them. I go home and put them on, and i am happy. And some models becomes my favorites, some i have to made adhjustments because they hurt.

For sure - I would wear heels more often, if the society was more open-minded. If women can wear a business outfit with pants and heels - why should I not follow this was of look? If you are a bricklayer, or something else, were you have to work very hard, with muscles, it is forbidden by itself, to wear light and fancy clothes and shoes. But if women can walk in heels the corridors and properly do their work in the office, why should a man wear shoes, you could win the next war in? There are also situations and occasion, where I would not wear heels (i.e while having a bbq, on a trip through the forrest/ mountains, and so on.). MAybe I would wear more often lower heels (2-3") and only occassionally 4-5". I cannot say. What I do not want to have is broken and twisted feet like Victoria Beckham.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

I saw a picture of Nicolas Sarkozy the French president. And seen from the back he has very high heels under his shoes. I think at least 6 cm blockheels. Why? His wifes is taller than him and he is very small. So if the president can wear it than why not the French citizen.

jsauvage, The French citizen CAN wear high heels as easily as the President de la Republique Francaise...don't forget fraternite, egalite, LIBERTE. If these words are to mean anything then they must be tested to be cherished. les hautes talons pour tout le monde! HappyinHeels:wave:

• 4 weeks later...

Well... as a good french, he is a trendsetter, jejeje. I suppose he should show the heel instead of using elevators. There are plenty of ladies' heels which pass well as male footwear.

I think that if things were more acceptable, I would wear high heels more than other shoes, never have had a problem with heels up to 5 inches, however if I were to wear them all day I probably would go slightly lower or ones with a concealed platform. But no less that 4 inches.

If society wasn't so judgemental about people and stlye didn't matter if you were a man or woman I would wear my heels on a daily basis as I am sure many other's would. I would probably spend most of the days in 5.5 inch stiletto's without a platform and step up my heel height once I got home for the evening or was going out. I have worn 6 inch heels out to a party before and was able to manage just fine in them!

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

• 1 month later...

Well... as a good french, he is a trendsetter, jejeje.

I suppose he should show the heel instead of using elevators.

There are plenty of ladies' heels which pass well as male footwear.

Can you give an example of such a heel that passes well as male footwear?

I have three pair of women's heels that have passed muster as male footwear by my colleagues. All three, however, have full-block heels.

I've a pair of cuban heels which are men's shoes, but because of the narrower heel, sometimes generates jibes that I'm wearing a lady's shoe.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Regen, you may just start with cowboy boots. I've changed my notebook so I don't have all my pictures with me yet. I have some pair of boots and booties which are perfect men footwear, and even my wife has some which are so too.

...not the ones on my avatar or my missonis, for certain.

• 2 weeks later...

Regen, sorry for the delay getting the pictures. I finally had to take some new ones. In the first picture, the left boot is my wife's and the other is mine. Those two perfectly pass as male boots; they have 6cm (2.3") heel approximately. As a matter of fact, the heel on my wife's boot is very similar to those used by Argentine gauchos in horse parades. The boots on the second picture are ones I also use when going out, they are 4". And the two last picture are of the right pair in the second photo. When looked from an angle, two or three (6-10ft) meters from the user they pass and don't call for attention. If you look at them from the floor, they do, of course, as any shoe would. If the heel was thinner, maybe, they would look more feminine. I've been heeling with those boots and no one paid too much attention to me. I hope my point is clear.

post-333-133522953131_thumb.jpg

post-333-133522953139_thumb.jpg

post-333-133522953147_thumb.jpg

post-333-13352295315_thumb.jpg

JWhite44, actually those boots are the thickest ones I've been using for outings. Today I've made a small research on trousers length and heel length and I believe the length of the trousers is more important than the width of the heel. Unfortunately the pictures are a bit dark so I'll have to make another session. I have length 30. If I use 32 any of those heels will pass. If I use 34 even with a pencil heel as the last ViaUno I bought or the Pigalles, will pass too. The only thing that can draw somebodies attention will be the clicking or knocking on the floor. The second pair on the first picture are very, noisy actually; it's not the same on the two other ones.

• 7 months later...