World Heel Meet 2009: London, *DATE CHANGE* Saturday Feb. 21 2009

kneehighs

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed...

There was that guy from canada

HHplace username: 12cmmin, nice guy. Doesnt post a lot, but does read.

I had a good time, had a good chat and laugh with Xaphod and Firefox. did meet 12cmmin, and offcourse Rob. Not to forget Dr. Shoe :w00t2: and others i cant even remember their names ;-)

Club-rub was good.

Fetish shopping in London.... not impressed, but then, thats not what this meeting was about.

My ears are still buzzing, not from club-rub, but from the women at the blue oyster at leicester square.

Nice to have met kneehighs as well.

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

My ears are still buzzing, not from club-rub, but from the women at the blue oyster at leicester square.

Yeah, it was RubyBlue - - - - the Blue Oyster offers something very different! ;-)

Always High-Heel Responsibly

No disrespect to the organiser(s) but why do I get the impression that the event was somewhat shambolic, quite apart from the no-shows? (I hope however that I am wrong and that a good time was had by all - and no doubt we shall hear more of what happened before, during and after.)

Would it not have made sense for all attendees to have been asked to 'sign in' to record who did actually get there? At the moment, it seems that various individuals are trying to produce a fragmented and possibly incomplete list from memory.

Why wasn't I there? Three reasons: (a) Some doubts about a general get-together of this sort; (;-) Probability of domestic suspicion and inquisition chèz Puffer; © An inconvenient date - although the venue would have been fine.

I think we had 14 in the end... or was it 15? For some reason it was quieter than last year and didn't really get going as much as the previous ones have done. We didn't have the computers going or the shoe sales either. I got there about 12.30 and just chatted to about 5.30. No TG this year or meal after, but we did go to the meal at Ruby Blue on Friday. I think maybe a change of venue is indicated for next year. I got the impression the guy was not so happy about opening up very early for such a small number, especially as we didn't drink a huge amount.

That was rude!

Airwolf

Well, since you are such a social butterfly, why don't you do better? You have the next four years to do so.

And SEE HOW MUCH WORK IT TAKES--FOR FREE.

The bottom line is this:

1. EVERYTHING in fashion works VERY last minute. For those of you in the industry, you will understand what I mean. I got an offer that pays really well from the largest, richest, most powerful fashion house in the world--actually that makes THREE in total. If I perform, I set myself up for YEARS of future success and eventual fortune. This gig was offered to me with no more than 24 hours notice. Bottom line, one of their staff fell through and I was there to help clean up.

2. I am not happy in my current corporate position...Yeah, some skeptics may say I'm at risk of losing my job, but that is the furthest thing from the truth.

3. So it comes down to this: Heel Meet or Future Career that I love?

it was a touch choice, one that hurt me on the inside to be honest. But I had to make a choice. Do I make the heel meet and potentially sacrifice the value I hold to the worlds most dominant fashion house and continue to be miserable in my day job? Or do I further my career and live happily during my days of toil here on earth?

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

My hat's off to you kneehighs. You take achance for something you love doing. Most other people need to work in a certain area cause they HAVE to not WANT to. I say go full out for your dreams. "When we can't dream any longer, we die." Emma Goldman

Why tiptoe through life only to arive safely at death?

no explanation is necessary, kneehighs. Things change. People that know you know that something mighty important must have come up for you to change your plans at the last minute. Since AirWolf has bleated long and hard concerning his displeasure with the entire venture, I second your suggestion that he put his criticism to work and organize the next heelmeet. It won't be long before the entire membership will know if he is speaking out of his head or the noise is coming from below his belt, which is about where I already suspect it is coming from.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thank you for the explanation.

It would have been courteous to post and let everyone know that you couldn't come.

Some people might have gotten worried once you were a no-show.

Besides, you organized the event, and it didn't look good for the organizer to not appear without explanation.

Airwolf

Well, since you are such a social butterfly, why don't you do better? You have the next four years to do so.

The bottom line is this:

1. EVERYTHING in fashion works VERY last minute. For those of you in the industry, you will understand what I mean. I got an offer that pays really well from the largest, richest, most powerful fashion house in the world--actually that makes THREE in total. If I perform, I set myself up for YEARS of future success and eventual fortune. This gig was offered to me with no more than 24 hours notice. Bottom line, one of their staff fell through and I was there to help clean up.

2. I am not happy in my current corporate position...Yeah, some skeptics may say I'm at risk of losing my job, but that is the furthest thing from the truth.

it was a touch choice, one that hurt me on the inside to be honest. But I had to make a choice. Do I make the heel meet and potentially sacrifice the value I hold to the worlds most dominant fashion house and continue to be miserable in my day job? Or do I further my career and live happily during my days of toil here on earth?

That was rude!

Oh no, it wasn't meant to be because he had commitments elsewhere which popped up after the date had been set though an apology in advance would have been nice or at the very least something on this thread.

It was good of him to organise it and had he had more time I'm sure it would have been better.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The bottom line is this:

I don't blame you in the slightest but I believe that you have my phone number?

In case no one has seen it yet the organisation for next years meet has started (I have even made a provisional booking of the venue).

http://www.hhplace.org/real_life_meetings/13137-next_year_s_whm_-_alternative_venue.html

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It would have been courteous to post and let everyone know that you couldn't come.

Besides, you organized the event, and it didn't look good for the organizer to not appear without explanation.

Airwolf

Airwolf, you seriously need to reel in your attitude man, big time!

Which part of

This gig was offered to me with no more than 24 hours notice. Bottom line, one of their staff fell through and I was there to help clean up.

did you not understand?

The guy goes to an immense effort to put an event together only to have a LIFE CHANGING/DREAM job come up at less than 24 hours notice!

He is thousands of miles from home, no doubt his concentration and thoughts were racing in preparation for his sudden change of events, so you really do honestly think he is panicing about meeting a few fellow "hobbyist's" ???

Put yourself in his shoes just for a minute... Then when you calm down, I think you owe him an apology dont you?

Heck, anybody here who wouldnt drop a hobby meeting for the chance in a lifetime/dream job is an idiot, and explainations can be given later....

Its not like everybody here is best chums...

Good friends, yes.... but not best of friends...

Sorry but I hate it when people try to do something positive, only to find there is always one person just waiting to rain on their parade!

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

well i'm going to add my apologies for not getting to the heel meet,as i came down with the flu,everything was fine til thursday,was even lining up a last minute chance for the meal,but have spent all week end in bed. Even more frustrating the fact it vwas only a 10min drive for me ,and i wanted to meet up with you guys again,but was'nt to be. Everyone is sorting next years heel meet,how about an autumn one? in bristol as has been mentioned? just a thought. Apologies again,with hindsight wish the date hadnt been changed! bladerunner

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

no explanation is necessary, kneehighs. Things change. People that know you know that something mighty important must have come up for you to change your plans at the last minute.

It's very easy for you to be so undertanding. Where were you ?

If you have decided you couldn't afford a trip, but convinced to come anyway and then the person who convinces you don't show up himself, then maybe you would be less understanding.

Since AirWolf has bleated long and hard concerning his displeasure with the entire venture, I second your suggestion that he put his criticism to work and organize the next heelmeet. It won't be long before the entire membership will know if he is speaking out of his head or the noise is coming from below his belt, which is about where I already suspect it is coming from.

Do you think that's a fair response to the concerns Airwolf has raised ? I understand his views completely and they don't deserve an insult.

Freddie was right. You ARE a bully.

Hi all, I'm really sorry I also didnt make it saturday, I was in teh car on the way back from the bank, heels in a bag in the car, when I got a call from a company i sub contract from to say a crisis had come up, I work for myself and sub-contract from this company and couldn't afford to not take the work I am sorry. On a side note, can i just say that this bitching going on, whilst alright for you guys and girls to do could potentially put off anyone who didnt have the courage to hsow up but wants to hear all the good points to what happened that day, not the crap thats going on afterwards. Why not take your arguments elswhere more "appropriately titled" and tell those here that missed it what a good event it was and maybe try and convince them to come along next year? I appreciate anyone that puts time in for free for this cause, its a hobby to some but a life to others, but If the organiser got a dream call up and didnt have time to attend, at least it seems everything was set up for the others to enjoy it! thats my two cents worth and I know I didnt turn up either and have no rights! I hope all had a good time. Maybe next year/time we can meet and I will be there? BUB

You mean Ruby Blue! lol

Yes they were fun weren't they?

Yeah, lol, i'm aware about the name ;-) Its just a local joke here in NL, as soon as the word 'blue' goes in a bars name. Only people of a certain age understand it (duh!).

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

It's very easy for you to be so undertanding. Where were you ?

If you have decided you couldn't afford a trip, but convinced to come anyway and then the person who convinces you don't show up himself, then maybe you would be less understanding.

Do you think that's a fair response to the concerns Airwolf has raised ? I understand his views completely and they don't deserve an insult.

<MOD MODE>

Pumps:

The heelmeets are for "everybody", and the only person capable of convincing you to go is you yourself.

Its not a "go meet kneehighs" event.

While Airwolf may indeed have some "concerns", it how he is expressing them thats coming across badly. So, put a stop to this nonsense or one of us will just close this thread.

"God help anybody who tries to make an effort or do something nice in society because there is always somebody waiting to shoot you down and make false accusations"

;-)

</MOD MODE>

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I did not mean to be insulting here.

When I decided not to come to the HM, I posted to let everybody know, just in case anybody cares, as a courtesy, since I attended 2 HMs.

In terms of KneeHighs, I meant to be understanding. He should have posted to let people know that he had a last minute change of plans. That way, nobody would have been worried when he didn't show at The Miller.

Airwolf

Airwolf

Thanks. Pumps. You and Freddie are correct. I am a bully. Be advised that I don't suffer fools at all -- ever! And, AirWolf has had his time to prove to me that he's not one. Sadly, he's not met that challenge.

The funny thing is that I've always thought of you as one of the nicer, more straight forward and evenly tempered members of this community. If I remember correctly, didn't kneehighs visit you in Sweden or somewhere close to your home a couple of years ago? And, didn't you take him for a airplane tour of your venue? If so, I guess I am just a little curious that you, as a good acquaintance of kneehighs, are being so critical of him. Is it his failure to appear without letting you know that he wouldn't be there, the cause of your irritation?

I also agree with some of the other comments posted concerning his absence. It would have been a lot easier on all of our expectations if he had announced his inability to appear as scheduled. I, for one, always look forward to his (and other members') critiques of these events. And, I was surprised when I didn't see any mention of his attendance in the initial after event reports.

That being said, however, I also fully understand how schedules can become "unglued" without prior warning. And, as also has been said, if a similar event had occurred to me, I also would have chosen to bypass the heelmeet in favor of earning a living in a vocation in which I was struggling to make my mark.

As far as my attending is concerned. To attend or not to attend is an individual choice. StilettoScott had mentioned that he was going to try to attend. From all reports, he didn't make it. Not to attend, regardless of the reasons, was his choice. Likewise, I chose not to attend this year, as I have in the past because, quite frankly, while some day I would certainly like to experience the fellowship of a gathering of like minded high heel wearers, I believe that being part of any group appearing in public that is viewed by the current social structure as being "anti-social," is "unhelpful" to the cause.

Now,one last caution, Pumps. Thus far, I have not taken your comments about my remarks or me, personally. You really don't want to get into a pissing contest with me. So. I am prepared to let this end with the final period (.) at the end of my comments. I would advise you to do the same. (final period) ;-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Well, the next one will probably be around the same date next year.

For all the US potential attendees here are some figures you might want to consider:

If you were to put aside just $10 per week then you will have saved $520 towards the airfare and hotel costs. I don't know how much it costs to come to Bristol by air but you should be able to get a hotel for about $100 per night or less if you go for a small B&B establishment. In some hotels you need only pay 35 quid, about $50 or so? Putting $25 away per week will give you enough to spend a week in the UK at least.

If you throw in a few more handfuls of loose change per week into a jar you could probably save enough for the hotel room on its own! However, in cases of hardship, we may be able to make some free beds available.

You do really need to get to this function because Bristol has got to be one of the coolest cities on the planet. Among other claims to fame it was the start of John Cabot's expedition to discover America (Columbus discovered Hispaniola, modern day Haiti), and a replica of his ship The Mathew is actually moored about 100 yards from the Heelmeet venue, the same place where I went for my famous thighboot swim!

It is also one of the most friendliest cities in the UK where guys in heels barely draw a second glance, as Heelfan will testify.

I don't remember seeing Euchrid there either...

As I said to a few people on the Friday, I was never able to make Sat 21st.

t'was also why i made the effort to meet up with Firefox & attend the Friday meal. Glad I did too - I really enjoyed it & I got some amazing £110 Aldo boots for only £28!!!

Always High-Heel Responsibly