World Heel Meet 2009: London, *DATE CHANGE* Saturday Feb. 21 2009

kneehighs

WHO: You!

WHAT: Fourth Annual World Heel Meet: 2009

WHERE: London, England. Location Pending

WHEN: Saturday, February 28th 2009

Finally, I have the time to confirm the date for the 4th Annual World Heel Meet 2009 to be held in London, England.

Stay tuned for further details for the exact venue as I am currently exploring various venue options.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to make improvements to the World Heel Meet while my time to do so is still available. This is likely going to be my last World Heel Meet. So if any one has any suggestions, please feel free to share them here.

Hi kneehighs thought last years heel meet was in a good location,especially with the parking next door! gives 'newbies' confidence knowing its only a short stroll to the meet. also why your last heel meet? as an attendee or organiser? If the venue were nearer to a shopping area eg oxford st or kings road,could entice me to an extended stroll! others may disagree but just a thought for the less confident. marking the date in my diary now!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

I think that the venue itself is perfect. if you have a problem travelling to Oxford St. in heels then why not change when you get there?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Awesome news Kneehighs on date and that date works very well. Yes, I would agree with Dr Shoe, venue which we have used the past two years is great; easy to get to; staff are awesome to work with; we pretty well can do what we want inside as we have the whole place,, this provides a very safe location for new members who attend; and the price is right. Cheers, david

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Awesome news Kneehighs on date and that date works very well.

Yes, I would agree with Dr Shoe, venue which we have used the past two years is great; easy to get to; staff are awesome to work with; we pretty well can do what we want inside as we have the whole place,, this provides a very safe location for new members who attend; and the price is right.

Cheers,

david

That's fantastic news and I'm glad you will be able to make it.

Yeah, I think The Miller is a good location as well. The only thing I was hoping for was capping off the day at The Miller at an apartment in Soho. Will be in touch with you about that soon.

That's fantastic news and I'm glad you will be able to make it.

Yeah, I think The Miller is a good location as well. The only thing I was hoping for was capping off the day at The Miller at an apartment in Soho. Will be in touch with you about that soon.

What is an "apartment in Soho? (I know what and where Soho is, but what, or whose apartment?)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

What is an "apartment in Soho? (I know what and where Soho is, but what, or whose apartment?)

There is an apartment rental service I have used twice for stays in London, including my most recent stay a couple of weeks ago. All the apartments they provide are in central Soho and are a short walk from Regent Street and Oxford Street.

There is an apartment rental service I have used twice for stays in London, including my most recent stay a couple of weeks ago. All the apartments they provide are in central Soho and are a short walk from Regent Street and Oxford Street.

Sounds like an excellent idea, to me. Besides, you can always share the cost between two or three other heelmeeters. :winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

This sounds like a great option Kneehighs! The area is very convenient. Are most of the apartments 2/3/4 people to a unit, great opportunity to share/room to reduce cost and put us in a great location.

Look forward to hearing more. Yes, I will be booking air soon. Cathy is unable to make it this meet as she is unable to get more time off work, we're taking 3 weeks in mid january to early february for our annual vacation in the Baja in Mexico.

david

This sounds like a great option Kneehighs! The area is very convenient. Are most of the apartments 2/3/4 people to a unit, great opportunity to share/room to reduce cost and put us in a great location.

Look forward to hearing more. Yes, I will be booking air soon. Cathy is unable to make it this meet as she is unable to get more time off work, we're taking 3 weeks in mid january to early february for our annual vacation in the Baja in Mexico.

david

Thanks for the update David. Are you going to book air and lodging at the same time, or separately? If you book them separately, then perhaps you can let me know your scheduled arrival and departure dates? From there, we can iron out additional logistics about a potential apartment share -- if you are interested. And yes, the apartments fit anywhere from 2-6 people.

Can I ask what these annual meets involve? do you all just wander through London in heels?

As of 2007 we have the meet at The Miller from around 10:30 till 17:00. During that time, we have exclusive use of the facility while the staff serves us delicious appetizers, meals, and beverages. No one else but Heel Meet attendees enter the venue during this period because they open up during special hours just for us. Afterwards, we follow up with dinner and usually some sort of night club visit (for 2 years now that has been a Torture Garden event).

For additional information, read through the archives of past heel meets starting at these posts:

World Heel Meet 2006: post 103

World Heel Meet 2007: Testimonials

World Heel Meet 2008: post 231

Sounds like a good idea to me. I don,t mind sleeping on the floor.

Just keep me updated on your arrival and departure dates. The only downside to the apt rental service is that there is a 3 night minimum per apt. But that can be alleviated if we split the costs.

Kneehighs:

You did not answer bladerunner's question.

Why is this likely going to be your last World Heel Meet?

Don't you like us anymore?

Airwolf

I would love to make improvements to the World Heel Meet while my time to do so is still available. This is likely going to be my last World Heel Meet.

So if any one has any suggestions, please feel free to share them here.

Kneehighs:

You did not answer bladerunner's question.

Why is this likely going to be your last World Heel Meet?

Don't you like us anymore?

Airwolf

Sorry about that. It doesn't have anything to do with liking you guys anymore.

It takes a tremendous output of philanthropic energy to put a World Heel Meet together.

Since there is not one penny of financial payoff for me and since I am not yet independently wealthy, I personally find my time better spent pursuing interests with some financial payoff.

In any other interest of mine, after FOUR years of focused effort, I'd be creating some serious streams of positive residual cash flow. It's not like that with a heel meet. Plus, it's not an avenue of volunteer activity that gives my resume additional power either.

I hope everyone understands.

Hi Kneehighs,

Yes, I'll be purchasing air and hotel separately and definitely interested in an apartment share. I estimate being in London 4 to 5 nights.

Cheers,

David

Thanks for the update David. Are you going to book air and lodging at the same time, or separately? If you book them separately, then perhaps you can let me know your scheduled arrival and departure dates? From there, we can iron out additional logistics about a potential apartment share -- if you are interested. And yes, the apartments fit anywhere from 2-6 people.

^ That's great. We have achieved the perfect balance at The Miller. You can wear your heels in public, yet do so in private from the general population. It's more like a private party really. The closer to 11 am you can show up, the better as the bulk of people come between 10:30-13:00. Looking forward to meeting you in person! p.s. feel free to bring a change of shoes in a bag. This way, you can go out in public with some of the other heelers and when you feel inspired by their total lack of response from the general public at large, you can change into your heels too.

^ Those are good questions. As far as booking in advance, I am starting a list of possible and probable attendees in the calendar section, which I will try to keep updated in this thread too. The earlier you can state your possible or probable intent to come, the better, since that will help other people decide if they want to attend or not.

As far as costs are concerned, we get a lunch buffet at The Miller, which is around 8-10 pounds per person and then you pay for your own drinks. There are no additional hidden costs beyond that.

Just an FYI for everyone, I received confirmation for the date and time from Jamie, the Head Manager at The Miller. Our reservation slot is virtually guaranteed...so lets have a great reunion!

EDIT: thought a brief photo history of past World Heel Meets would be interesting. Naturally, there are many members who didn't want their photo taken, so their pics are not included.

World Heel Meet 2006

More World Heel Meet 2006

World Heel Meet 2007

World Heel Meet 2007 II

More World Heel Meet 2007

World Heel Meet 2008

Pumps got lucky here!

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like Calv and I will be coming to the 'do' next year. The plan is to use the weekend in London primarily as a holiday, but we will drop into the Miller on Saturday. I'm afraid that 'Torture Garden' isn't our thing, so we might organise something else for Saturday eve. We're up for a block booking at a hotel if that can be managed on this occasion. Calv might be limited to the weekend, but I may appear in London on Thursday. Xa