The Happy Feats of HappyFeat

HappyFeat

HappyFeat: Lost in all the talk about how great you looked in that dress (admittedly, I'm kinda jealous, heh!) were those sharp looking slingbacks you sported which complimented your dress to perfection. Bravo on those cool shoes! Looking back on that outfit, I'm going to have to see if I can get my hands on a pair of slings which I'm sure I can make work just as well as you did.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

Its been quite a while since I have posted any outings. Since my last outing posted, I have had only five. At the end of July, I bought a new house and it has taken a lot of my time and I still have yet to get Internet access at my new home. Until I get some more work done, I will be posting quite sporadically, but I will be checking in from time to time and try to keep getting out and posting my outings. Since I am lucky to get out once per week, I am really missing wearing heels. But for now, its mainly loafers for work and steel toe workbooks at home...The first two outings were pre-move, so my "studio" was still in place. The final three were in my new house. None of the outings were as exciting as my last one I posted, but they were still outings none the less.

Monday, July 27 - A simple outing to get breakfast and review some documents. I wore a blue striped Geoffry Bean oxford that I left untucked, white JCrew "High Heel Flare" jeans, white trouser socks and old Nine West round toe d'Orssay style pumps. I really didn' get much attention, save the obligatory long glances. I went onto Lane Bryant, but nobody I knew was working and I am really not that excited about any of their styles at the moment. Besides, their prices have been quite high as of late.

Wednesday, July 29 - I wore a khaki Clayborne suit, suntan knee highs and blue Bandolino "Sneakpeak" pumps. The most eventful part of that afternoon was stopping at Panera for lunch. While I was waiting for my order, I was making eye contact with a very attractive woman in her 40's who was having lunch with a woman I suspect was her daughter. Since we were separated by a divider there was no way for her to see my feet. I knew it would be good when she did. I got the reaction that I expected, a glance, a long curious stare and then she never looked my way again. As we have discuseed before, most women are put off by guys in heels, though I have been quite lucky in finding the few who think its OK. I did get some other looks, a smile from a woman who was wearing nice shoes herself, but that was the most eventful part of the day.

Wednesday August 12 - After a two week break form heeling, I was dying to get out again. I wore a simple outfit, black oxford shirt, long Lane Bryant bootcut jeans, and black Nine West "Gillman" slingbacks. My day started at the Bandolino store. They really didn't have much in and the clerk that day was far from helpful. I went to Aldo, where the clerk I am friendly with was working. Though they had a big sale sign, nothing was really that marked down. I did try a few pair, but Aldo runs small and nothing fit me very well. I browsed around to JCrew, Banana Republic, etc. but again nothing was too exciting. I went on to my favorite consignment store to drop off some old fall clothes. The store was busy and I really didn't get a chance ot talk to the owner, but I bought a very short black skirt to wear if I ever get a chance to go back to the club. By now my feet were killing me and I called it a day. Even after a couple of weeks off I was beginning to feel a bit out of heeling shape.

Tuesday August 18, 2009 - This day I wore a yellow Polo silk/linen blend short sleeve shirt, the JCrew high heel flare jeans, and black t-strap Nine West "Meyer" t-strap pumps. I went to another the Robinson Mall for starters. I started by going to Lane Bryant. I hand't been in this store for a long time. The manager greeted me since she had waited on me in the past. I browsed the clearance rack and really didn't see anything I liked. I went to Baker's next, but the clerk there told me that they didn't have any 11's in stock at the moment. I thought they were opening an Aldo at this mall, but as of yet, it is still not there. I went on to the oujtlets just south of town where I started at Nine West. The clerk there filled me in on the reasons the manager left, since she knew that I liked her. I did try some shoes, but again nothing was really grabbing at me. I went o to Lane Braynt, the Dress Barn and Donna Karen, where I really didn't see anything I liked either. However at the DK shop, the manager of Kapser who used to work at DK came in and told me to stop by her store. I did, she picked out some suits for me to try, which I gladly did. She came back and gave opinions and even offered me a discount. I told her about the house and she gave me her card and told me that when I wanted to find something, to call and see of she is in and she wold have things ready for me. I plan on do this sometime after Labor Day. I do love to model at the very least.

Thursday, August 20 - It was a cool day after a short heat wave. I wore a Perry Ellis short sleeve sweater, black Lane Bryant Houston trousers, black knee highs, and black Nine West "Lucaro" pumps. The highlight of this outing was going to the South Side. I went to the Steve Madden store, tried a couple of pair of new shoes. The clerk was very friendly, but didn't make suggestions, etc. Next I went to the Nine West retail store, where the clerk brought me several pair of 11's to try. I did get a new pair of black pumps for $30. I said they were boring (since all of the others were fairly exotic styles) but she said that the classics suited me. She knows who to shmooze a customer...

Well five outings, all retail oriented. Sorry no dresses, skirts, etc. but soon I will be back in full swing....

post-5655-133522891105_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522891109_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522891115_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522891122_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522891127_thumb.jpg

Style is built from the ground up!

Always enjoy reading your thread and viewing the pics. None of your latest outfits really jumped out as a personal favorite for me. But I still applaud you for doing your own thing and not caring what anyone else thinks. Way to go! By the way, your jeans pic is probably the closest to my style, and the one that does it the most for me.

HappyFeat: Welcome back, my friend! Another raft of nice pics displaying your unique style. Like Bootking, my fave is number #2! That suit looked absolutely great, and the pumps matched very well. Bravo to you!

Happy, I love those new t-straps. I haven't seen those at Nine West. Are they a current offering or maybe a past season style? Have to see if I can find them in a 12! I was in a Nine West outlet the other day and didn't really find much I liked. Tried on one pair of 11s and as usual, they were a bit snug for me. Only 2 pairs of 12s in the store, and both were butt ugly! Wish they would give us big foots more 12s in the stores! Hope the new place is great!

RonC, these are an older style, I am sure since I haven't seen them in either a NW retail store or an outlet in the last year. I found them on e-Bay while I was recently selling some of my shoes. What intrigues me is I really like women's clothing that is inspired by men's wear. I guess that shouldn't be too shocking, I guess. Their style is called "Meyer" so maybe some Internet snooping will help you find them in a 12.

Well done HappyFeat :-)

I also like picture # 2.

You went to the Steve Madden store ?

They have very nice shoes and boots but unfortunately, nothing in size 11.

Aldo do run small in shoes but are better with boots and some open toe sandals.

Cant wait to see you next outing "in full swing"...

• 2 weeks later...

Here are five of my latest outings. Recently, I have been pretty busy and I have had to settle for shorter outings. It has been quite a while since I have been able to go out to a club or anything and I am really missing that. However, I still like to make it out in heels as often as possible, so I pretty much try to make the most of what time I actually have. Most of the fun for me is taking the time to put together outfits. I really love the creative nature of freestyling, so finding a nice combo is an accomplishment in itself.

Though I am posting five short outings today, I have been out once in the mean time. I will post it with my next batch in the next week or so. One thing I have learned is that no matter how long you can get out, just getting out is such a great experience for me.

Tuesday August 25 - Yellow dress shirt, Lane Bryant dark denim trousers, and brown Nine West "Gaffer" pumps. Not having a lot of time, I stopped at the Robinson shopping area outside of Pittsburgh. This shopping center is pretty huge and is on my way home from work, so it is pretty ideal. My first stop was the Dress Barn. I have had some positive experiences at other Dress Barn stores, so I decided to check this one out. When I entered the store, I was greeted warmly, but the clerk disappeared after that. I didn't stay in the store very long and when I left I saw another person who I thought was a customer and turned out to be another clerk. She was putting together the window display while talking on the cell phone. When I left, she stared out the window at me until I got in my car and drove away. I just thought it was very strange. Next I went to Starbucks for a frap. I ordered my drink in the busy store not feeling like I drew too much attention. I sat down at a table next to a couple of smartly dressed women who didn't even turn their head in my direction. I am sure people noticed, but nobody seemed to make a big deal of it at all. Finally, I went to Barnes and Nobel. I just browsed the shelves and flipped through some books. Again, I didn't sense that I drew much attention at all. So in one 90 minute outing, I experienced one person who acted strangely and many people who may have noticed but didn't respond with anything more than a double take or the like. Heeling is such an interesting way to observe other people.

Wednesday August 26 - Pink dress shirt, black Lane Bryant "Laffayette" dress trousers, black sheer knee high stockings, black patent Nine West "Thyme" pumps. One of the things that I have been doing since I moved is scouting new places to heel. At the moment, most of my heeling is retail, but for now its what I have time for. I tried a shopping district called the Homestead Waterfront. It is billed as being "high end" but really isn't terribly upscale. My new house is close to it, but in traffic it takes about 25 minutes to get there, so it truly isn't what I would call local, but a place I can go on occasion. One of the reasons that I wanted to go was to visit the Lane Bryant store. The store itself is quite nice with a larger selection than most stores. However, the service was not what I expected. The clerks didn't even recognize that I existed. No help, nothing. I had only experienced this once before shopping in LB where the staff usually bends over backward to help me. It turns out that there was a reason for that. It turns out that the manager there used to mange the South Hills store in Pittsburgh, the only other LB where I was ever treated rudely. In fact she was working then both times. Anyway, I browsed for a while and observed the people and went on my way. I went to the Yankee candle store next door where the clerk was quite attentive and helpful. She told me she "liked my outfit" and I thanked her but that was about it. I went on to the Ann Taylor Loft, where their sale markdowns are extremely deceptive. The staff was nice, but not very helpful. Most of them were college age women who were more interested in socializing than being helpful. I went onto the Dress Barn where though a better experience than the store I was in the previous day nothing really grabbed me. My final stop was Marshall's to look at the "Mega Shoe Clearance." I tried on a couple of pair and chatted with another customer who was also trying on shoes. I bought a pair of Naturlaizer peep toes for $15. The most interesting thing happened as I was leaving the store. A little girl, maybe three spots my shoes and says to the woman with her (possibly her grandmother), "That man is wearing high heels!" The woman with her says "yes he is" and they continue on their way. They learn young, don't they?

Monday August 31 - Tweed blazer, blue oxford Polo shirt, khaki Lane Bryant "Houston" trousers, sheer suntan knee high stockings, and brown patent wing tip Rampage "Klassy " pumps. My shortest outing this time was just a trip to the bank. I have worn heels each and every time I have been in this branch. Though they have never been mentioned, they are usually noticed. I deposited my paycheck and ordered new checks with my new address. I chatted for a few minutes with the tellers and left. I hit Starbucks before going on to work. Most of the people in Starbucks were guys, and many looked at my shoes. One young woman also noticed, but was engaged deeply in conversation with another woman, so she didn't do more than glance. After that, I changed my shoes and headed onto work.

Tuesday September 1 - Gold Geoffry Bean dress shirt, white Lane Bryant "Houston" trousers, black Naturalizer "Courtney" d'Orssay style t-strap peep toe pumps. A just had to debut my new shoes. Though it has been cool in the mornings, these late summer days warm up quite nicely, so a day out in open shoes seemed quite logical to me. Also, since summer is coming to an end, I wanted to wear these white trousers one more time. I think I can pass them off as a winter white, but not for an everyday outing. Feeling a bit bolder than I had in recent outings, I decided to return to the Homestead Waterfront shopping area in general, but the Lane Bryant store specifically. They had a pair of denim gauchos that would be great with boots this fall on the clearance rack and I wanted to get them. I wasn't going to force the issue on trying them on, especially since I yet again had trouble finding a helpful clerk, but I did get my questions answered. After buying the gauchos and feeling pretty good about myself, Barnes and Nobel I went on to Barnes and Nobel and looked for some books for my step-father's birthday. I browsed the store for about a half an hour and made my list to compare with Amazon.com prices. I did get some attention from a Starbucks.

Thursday September 3 - Blazer, raspberry Geoffry Bean dress shirt, tall Lane Bryant bootcut jeans, Nine West "Rocco" tan d'Orssay t-strap pumps. I was presented with an opportunity for a longer than typical outing, but didn't get much time to plan where I wanted to go. I wound up going to the mall at Robinson, on the west side of Pittsburgh. Of course, my first stop was Lane Bryant, where a very perky African-American clerk was very helpful and showed me a lot of things new in the store. Their new trousers are gorgeous! I wound up buying a linen top, that could double as a dress. However on further review, I really didn't like it and plan to return it. Now I have a plan for another outing! I went to Macy's, where the shoe prices are still high and they really didn't seem to carry many 11's any more. While shopping there, one customer kept looking at my shoes with a high degree of fascination. She was being waited on, and I didn't get a chance to approach her, but I did linger a bit to see if I had an opening. Next, I went to Baker's, where they are basically giving shoes away in the clearance section, but alas, the only 11's they had were quite ugly. After Baker's I headed to Aldo, which just opened up this week. The clerk working had been transferred from the South Hills store, where I remembered her. We had a fantastic conversation and she showed me some things that were pretty cool, but were either way too expensive, too small, or just a style a bit wild even for me. I ended my outing by going to Starbucks, where a table of women stopped me on my way out and told me how much they loved my outfit and shoes. Of course they asked the typical questions...how often do I wear them, if I am gay, when did I start, do i wear them to work, etc. I answered them chatted for a bit, we talked about shoe shopping, etc. and that was that. A great way to end an outing.

I had been worried that I was losing my mojo, but my last two outings really helped me get it back. Since I have moved and the bars have closed where I used to frequent, and frankly not being able to check in regularly to HHPlace, I was wondering if I was losing the desire to heel. Well, life circumstances may change from time to time, but the desire is always rich and strong. Though my outings may be different, and less frequent, I will always be out there.

post-5655-133522891925_thumb.jpg

post-5655-13352289193_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522891935_thumb.jpg

post-5655-13352289194_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522891944_thumb.jpg

More great outings and pics Happy. I am in your boat lately. My outings are very limited at the moment but it's not the size of the outing that matters. It's the outings themselves that matter be them big or small. I get just as much pleasure from a 5 minute outing in heels as I do from a hours long outing in heels. As long as I am out in heels. It's not the size of the dog in the fight but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Greetings, HappyFeat! Glad to see you're still in the game. Given that I only go out once, maybe twice a week if the stars are properly aligned, it's made me realize that the quality of the outings are more important to me than the quantity. So, don't fret if you can't make it out as much as you would like. As for your latest pics, they all look great, my fave is number two with the dress pants and black patent pumps. I've sported similar outfits back in the day when I wore heels regularly at my old workplace. Seeing that pic, it almost makes me want to go out in pants. Almost! I fear I might suffer withdrawal symptoms if I didn't wear a skirt on a jaunt! Heh! Anyhoo, keep up the great work my friend!

Greetings, HappyFeat! Glad to see you're still in the game. Given that I only go out once, maybe twice a week if the stars are properly aligned, it's made me realize that the quality of the outings are more important to me than the quantity. So, don't fret if you can't make it out as much as you would like. As for your latest pics, they all look great, my fave is number two with the dress pants and black patent pumps. I've sported similar outfits back in the day when I wore heels regularly at my old workplace. Seeing that pic, it almost makes me want to go out in pants. Almost! I fear I might suffer withdrawal symptoms if I didn't wear a skirt on a jaunt! Heh! Anyhoo, keep up the great work my friend!

I share Jeff's sentiments. As I view your photos, I notice that you and I have similar tastes in high heels and the outfits we wear with our high heels as we go out in public. I too go out for a day or two a week spending the day in high heels in public and you and Jeff have been such an inspiration to me and have given me ideas as to where to go and enjoy the day in high heels. Keep us posted on your continued outings and keep having fun in high heels.

Well after a lot of bellyaching on my part, I did get out for three outings this week and two of them were close to the standards I set for getting out and about. JeffB is absolutely right about the quality of outings makes all the difference, as opposed to the quantity of times out, however I have become quite spoiled. This week allowed me to have a little of both.

First of all, to me getting out more really gives me a chance to play with my style and try to get a really fantastic outfit put together. Sometimes I get it right, sometimes I don't, but for me it is really about experimentation. Second, I really like outings where there are people to interact with. In the past, I think it was more about judging reactions, but now its just more about going out as myself, meeting and talking to interesting people and doing it in heels. If people notice, that's fine but its just really cool dressing how I want and being as casual in interactions as possible. I guess its kind of realizing that people see you in heels, you might as well be open to interaction. Besides its just plain fun. Finally, I think heeling has just become a hobby to me. I am happy when I do other things I enjoy and heeling is simply one of those things I love to do, so having a nice relaxing time away from work or other projects is very important to me. ANd doing it while looking good is a bonus.

Here are my latest outings:

Friday September 4, 2009 - Since it has been a cool summer, the days have really had the feel of a premature fall. The mornings are cool, but the sunny days warm up by the afternoon. Of course all of this makes it tough to get a perfect outift. Today I elected to wear jeans and a blazer, which is a fairly typical outfit for me. I matched a classic navy blue blazer with a bright red dress shirt, light rinse Lane Bryant flare jeans, red patent peep toe Bandolino "Riana" pumps. The jeans were a tall length, which covered the shoes mostly, giving just a hint of the red patent and the open toe. The red shirt didn't really match the darker red of the shoes, but it was close enough for what I was going for: Casual, but classic, great for a day of errands and shopping.

The bulk of my day was spent at the South Hills mall. The great thing about these pumps is they are very comfortable for walking long distances without being too frumpy. I wanted to check out the Bandolino store first and on my way, I was stopped by a woman at a kiosk across from the store. The girl was selling skin care products for a company from Israel. I had been stopped before, and it is really more of a hassle, because they engage in a "hard sell." Typically, the sales people are Israeli nationals, likely students. She gave me demonstrations of cleansers, creams, soaps, and nail care kits, etc. All were quite pricey and seemed to work nice. She just kept trying to sell, and I kept not buying. Though she did notice my shoes, saying that I could use the nail care products on my toes, she made not direct reference. The other thing about going through this is that everybody walking past glanced at me while I was being demonstrated. After about a half an hour, I was finally able to escape. It was cool for about the first 10 minutes but after that the charm kind of wore off. I mentioned before that I was looking for casual interaction and that's what I got.

After I got away, I did make it into the Bandolino store. Of course nobody I knew was working and there was nothing I really liked in a size 11. The clerk did tell me that they are getting in boots over the course of the next few weeks, so I should keep checking back. After Bandolino, I went to the JCrew store. I have shopped here before and bought a couple pair of clearance white women's jeans earlier this summer, so the associates are beginning to recognize me as I come through. Of course most of the items on clearance are still way to expensive and no other jeans are even marked down, but I did start chatting with the clerks. One of them even was making suggestions for tops. I did try a pair of jeans with a couple of tops as well. The clerks seemed to enjoy my company and though the didn't ask me anything seemed to like a guy customer that was willing to try things outside the men's department.

My next stop was the Limited. I had never been in the store before, but was feeling up to something new after the JCrew experience. I knew that they made quality stuff, but had never given any thought to checking them out. The greeter was a beautiful young woman, though not a tiny woman. My guess is that she was maybe a size 12. She asked me if I was looking for anything in particular, and I told her that I had never been in the store and just wanted to see what it was like. I asked her if they went up to a size 14, and she said they did, and that their pants also came in lengths. At this I knew she knew I was shopping for me. Must have been the magic of the red shoes. I went to the clearance racks and indeed they had some nice stuff. The store was quite busy, mostly late 20 somethig professional women. The four or five people working in the back of the store were not terribly helpful and I just browsed for a bit. The one thing I have learned about heeling is that sometimes I need to go into a store a few times before the staff really warms up to me. Maybe next time.

Next I went to Macy's where there was nothing flying off at me in the shoe department. I browsed the clothes for a while, but I really prefer to buy any clothes at smaller stores where the service tends to be a little more personal. After Macy's I decided to get a haircut. I went to a trendy salon in the mall. The girl who cut my hair was very chipper and personable. When I walked in she said to me "Nobody is allowed to look cooler than she does!" I took that as a great complement. She took my jacket and went on and on about how great I looked and how much she loved my red shirt. She washed my hair, spent a long time cutting and we talked about her neighborhood, my neighborhood, and all sorts of topics. I did notice that the other stylists were mingling around, each trying to get a look at my shoes, etc. It was quite a wonderful experience.

Afterward I went to Aldo. The clerks working were not ones I knew. But a very attractive petite brunette came out in a black babydoll dress and blue peep toe platform pumps and asked to see my shoes! She said that she loved them and red is the best color for heels. I said that I like being out of the ordinary and she said that ordinary wouldn't suit me. She showed me a few things and left to help another customer. The other clerk brought me a pair of peep toe booties, that were a bit small. We chatted for a bit and I left the store feeling pretty wonderful.

My final stop for the day was Home Depot. I had read about guys heeling to such stores, and had never really given it any thought, but I was feeling pretty high and confident at this point. I went in bought a few tools, including a 2 lb drill hammer, some paint and paiting supplies, and a 50 pound bag of basement sealer. I really don't know if I got any attention, but I am sure I did. I really didn't care. It was a fantastic new experience and the end of a great day in heels.

Thursday September 10, 2009 - I had planned an outing on Wednesday, but didn't get a chance to make it out. My Thursday outing I had planned another extended day exploring, but due to being a bit scattered, I didn't get started until much later than I planned even on Thursday. I hate to waist a good outfit on a fairly short outing, but life being what it is, sometimes that's what happens. I wore a pale pink dress shirt, charcoal grey Lane Bryant "Houston" trousers, sheer black knee high stockings, Steve Madden black patent Mary Jane Pumps. These are one of my favorite pairs of shoes, but for some reason I don't wear them often. I was excited that I had found them and HAD to wear them.

The purpose of my stop was to return something I bought at Lane Bryant last week. I went to the store, made my return and browsed the clearance rack just to be sure that I didn't miss anything. The clerk who helped me was quite nice, but was busy helping someone most of the time I was in the store. After LB, I went to Charlotte Russe, which is another store I hadn't tried yet. I went to the shoes, a clerk asked me if there was anything I want to try, just ask. I browsed a bit, only to find out that a 10 was as large as they carried. Everybody was very nice and showed no sign that a guy shopping for himself was out of the ordinary.

My next stop was Banana Republic, where a young African American man working greeted me with "I love your jacket." I told him that I found it at Goodwill and we had a nice chat about thrift store shopping. Being a bit effeminate, I thought he might be trying to flirt with me or something, but that didn't turn out to be the case. I headed for the shoes, and found a great pair of grey peep toe sling backs in an 11. The better part was that they were in an 11. I walked up to the counter with the shoe to ask for the other one and the girl working at the counter got the young man to go look for the mate. His eyes almost shot out of his head! It was pretty funny actually. In disgust, he went to look for it while I browsed the clearance racks. After about 15 minutes the female clerk brought them out and asked if I wanted to try them on to be sure. I took the box, sat down tried them and chatted with the girl for a bit about the fit, other styles, etc. The young guy walked by and shot me an amazingly nasty look. I thought I guess that I just wans't butch enough for him, which gave me a warm internal chuckle. Part of getting interesting reactions is just being open to them.

Finally, I went to Starbucks before heading home. I got a frapichino, read the newspaper and relaxed a bit. Most of the time I was thinking of an outfit that I could wear with my new shoes! There were a few glances, but nothing out of the ordinary, but I did have a nice, though abbreviated outing.

Friday September 11, 2009 - It took me less than 24 hours to get out in my new shoes. Gray is such fun color to play with so I pulled out my gray blazer, matched it with a white with gray pinstripe Kenneth Cole shirt, dark Lane Bryant Denim trousers and of course my new Banana Republic "Riley" peep toe sling backs.

My first stop was to a shopping are with a high ned shoe store. The reason for my stop wasn't so much about looking for shoes, but to see if I could see the woman who manages it. She is a tall brunette who I enjoyed meeting a couple of times before. She was working and her boss, the owner, was out for the morning, so we browsed the store together and got caught up. She is a single Mom se we talked about her kid, the house, the fact that it was too cool this summer to really take advantage of the swimming pool, about my trip to the beach this summer, my new house, etc. She pointed out "fun" shoes and of course there were nothing in my size. She told me they were having a trunk sale in a couple of weeks at their other store and she maybe having a party. Though she didn't directly invite me to either, it looked like she was wanting to do so. I will stop back next week to see her again and see if she still might do that.

Next, I went to the consignment store that I frequent to drop off a few pair of shoes and see if they had anything new in the last couple of weeks. The owner, always excited about getting my old shoes because they sell well, insted that I try on a dress that had just come in. It was a black halter dress with a sheer black nylon shaw that drepaed over the shoulders and a jewled choker. Of course I had to have help getting it to fasten properly and the owner obliged. After I got it on, I modeled it for her and she just kept going on and on about how wonderful it looked, though I didn't think it was really my taste or style. She said it would be great for Halloween, which it would be if I was into Halloween. She pulled out about a dozen other items for me to try and model for her, which I obliged. We had a lot of fun playing dress-up and chatting and even shared a glass of wine. Though it was fun, it was a bit strange, and far from an everyday occurrence. Again, having interesting experiences, like getting interesting reactions, is just being open to it.

Well, that's it for this week. I wanted more excitiement and that's exactly what I found.

post-5655-133522892216_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522892222_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522892225_thumb.jpg

Happyfeat:-) With our vacation and all else that has happened in our lives since---I have gotten away from posting a bit on the Forum, but I am catching up quickly now. Even though your outings have been less and shorter than you usually do, your enthusiasm for finding great outfits to match your footwear carries on. You have a most interesting collection of heels to wear. As usual, I enjoy you letting us see just what you do wear on your outings and the stories that go along with them. Keep them coming and thanks once again for sharing them with us all. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

HappyFeat, I also vote for Door #1. The color is fab! I would like to find a similar pair but maybe with a bow. I am a sucker for bows, as nothing (besides the heel that is) says feminine like a bow!

Is it hard to carry a 50 pound bag of basement sealer while wearing heels ?

I plan to go to Home Depot to buy two bags of sand: Should I wear heels or not ? :)

Well, I did have a cart, so I only had to lift it to put it in the cart and then take it out of the cart to put in my car, so it wasn't too much of a strain...LOL

To answer your question...you should wear heels any time you want any where you want. So, go for it!

• 2 weeks later...

I have had several outings since my last post. Though I have been able to get out a lot more than normally, I just have been to busy to do my pictures and post my experiences. Since I have a bit of a backlog, my posts my not have the amount of detail that I typically like to include, but I do want to offer them for feedback as well as posting the pictures. I like the comments and discussions that outings tend to offer, so anything left unposted is kind of lost in the ether.

Of these five outings, 4 were jeans and heels. Maybe it is the early autumn, but I very much liked the look of jeans not to mention getting to wear some of the many jeans that I have bought (and continue to accumulate) over the past year or so. One of the things I have discovered about freestyling is that the wardrobe expands quickly, and sometimes some of my favorite items get lost in the "back of the closet abyss," so to speak.

Wednesday September 16 - I went to the South Hills Mall wearing a sports jacket, a short sleeve silk Murano mock turtleneck, Lane Bryant straight jeans, black knee high stockings, and black Nine West "Appleaday" loafers with a 2 inch heel. Though I browsed several stores, my primary purpose was to return to the Limited to try the jeans on the clearance rack. However, since it had been a few days since my first stop in this store, many of the items I liked were gone and those that were left were in my size were short length. I did find one pair, as well as a couple of other items. The clerk, much to my surprise asked if I wanted her to "start a room for me" and of course I said yes! There were three clerks working, all quite attractive younger women who gave me fantastic service, even coming to look at the items when I put them on. They treated me very well, like I was any other customer. When I decided to buy the jeans I found, I had a long discussion with another clerk about their different fits and styles. I think I have found another store to add to my regular rotation!

Thursday September 17, 2009 - I made a trip to the other end of town to visit the Ross Park Mall. The funny thing about Pittsburgh is that it is small city, getting from one part of town to the other can be a bit difficult. When you have bridges to cross and tunnels to deal with, it can slow you don a bit. Ross is my favorite place to shop because it is a bit higher end, and there are heels everywhere! I wore a sports coat, a yellow dress shirt, the new Limited 917 jeans I bought the day before, cream colored trouser socks and brown Nine West "Kickline" Mary Jane pumps. I walked around the mall a bit before stopping in a store, and of course my first stop was the Nine West retail store. The clerk was a young woman, who was quite helpful though the store was busy. Without hesitation she told me to let her know if there was "anything I would like to try." I found a pair of pumps in the clearance section and asked for an 11, bust she said they didn't have too much in an 11, but she would look. She brought out six pair of shoes, saying they were all of the 11's they currently had. Then she set on the floor in front of my and started taking them out of the boxes. She got a good look at my shoes and asked if they were "ours" and said sh remembered them from a couple of years ago. She stayed with me even as several other customers came in, as I tried them and walked around the store. I was very tempted to buy a pair of Studio 9 strappy sandals, but even on clearance they were $60. Though works of art it is tough to justify spending that right now on a pair of shoes I really wouldn't get much use from. I asked her to hold them for me as I thought about them. She asked me my name and I told her, saying that I bet she doesn't get many guys to which she answered, "you would be surprised."

I went on to Aldo, where the clerk asked me if I was looking for a gift, and I said I was shopping for myself. She was a bit taken aback, and I was surprised as well that she hadn't either had a man buy heels before or didn't look at my shoes. The store was full of upper middle class college girls who were behaving poorly and the general chaos of the store really didn't make for a nice shopping experience. I went on to Banana Republic and looked at clearance items and got some strange looks from the clerks, one of whom asked again if I was looking for a gift and again I replied that I was looking for myself. Twice in one afternoon. Strange, I thought.

Anyway, I ended the day at lane Bryant. I had a wonderful interaction with a college age girl after I complemented her on her flat pumps. We had wonderful conversation about shoe shopping, her studies, etc. I tried on a few things and bought a skirt that I had had my eye on for some time. All in al it was a very nice experience, though I don't think the mall there sees many guys in heels.

Friday, September 18 - This day I wore a more understated outfit for a trip to the DMV to get my new driver's licenses. I wore a pale pink dress short, gray Banana Republic jeans, blue patterned knee high stockings, and blue patent Bandolino "MacDougal" loafers with a little over a two inch block heel. Though these shoes are not 4 inch pumps or peep toes, they do geta lot of attention. While waiting I was sitting next to a woman in heans and great wedge sandals. I told her how much I liked her shoes and she told me that she owned the ones I was wearing in black. I told her that I had them in black as well as brown. We talked about shoes, shopping, and she even recommended a place to get a good pedicure. It was a very nice and casual interaction.

Afterward I had to go to my old place (since I am in the process of moving) to do some work. I drove down and on my way I stopped at the Lane Bryant store I used to frequent to get caught on with the clerks who work there, many of whom I got to know quite well. Though I didn't try anything, it was nice to see those that were working.

Saturday September 19 AM - I spent the night at my old place doing some work. In the morining I needed to meet with a real estate agent about either selling or renting the place. SO, I decided to wear heels to the meeting. Though not friends, the agent is somebody that I have had intereaction with in the past. We met for breakfast at Panera. I wore a sports jacket, a white tee shirt, Lane Bryant dark denim trousers and brown oil skin Nine West loafers with a 3 inch heel. Of course I got a couple of looks from other customers, and when my agent arrived, she was wearing a denim skirt and black knee boots. We hugged (she is a bit of a flirt, though married with 3 kids) and exchanged "you look wonderful" pleasantries. She asked me if I was wearing "high heels" and of course I said yes, to which I got a big smile. I complemented her on her boots, etc. We had a nice meeting discussing my options, which are still up in the air. Afterward I returned to do some more work at the house.

Saturday September 19 PM - After a day of packing and cleaning, I tool a long hot shower. I then decided that i was time to shave my legs again. I had let the hair grow back over the summer, but really like the smooth feeling of bare legs, not to mention that it allows wearing a skirt to be an option once more. I know, I am a guy and all, but I just don't like the look of a skirt and heels with hairy legs. Though it was getting late at this point, I loved the look of my now hairless legs and decided to go check out the club I used to frequent. I put on a white dress shirt, a jacket, black Lane Bryant gauchos, sheer black Berkshire nylons, and black Nine West "Glaze" slingback pumps. I thought it looked pretty nice, though when I got there, the place was pretty dead. I only stayed about an hour having very limited conversation with a few people I knew vaguely. However it was nice to visit an old haunt and get out with exposed legs once more.

I have attached pictures of my outfits. As I mentioned above, I have several more recent outings (that are a bit more exciting) to post, but who knows when I will get to that. It has been a pretty good couple of weeks.

post-5655-133522893132_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522893138_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522893144_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522893148_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522893153_thumb.jpg

I always look forward to reading your posts and viewing your pics. Alot of what you wrote this time rang true here. My wardrobe is definitely expanding because of the freestyling. Probably not nearly as much as yours is by the sounds of it. But now when I buy new clothes I definitely think more about what else I own that I might be able to wear it with. Or what shoes I own that I might be able to pair them with. You also mentioned that you turned down some nice shoes because they were $60 even on clearance. I did the same thing at Aldo the other day. As nice as a pair of shoes they were, they were 80 some odd dollars and then 30% off. That it still pricey for me. As nice as any shoe may be I usually can't justify spending more than about $50. Especially on heels like you said. Which for me may see action once in a blue moon or sometimes not at all.

HappyFeat: Great outfits all, my friend! I must say you certainly know how to work a blazer! You wear them very well! Of course, my favorite pic of your latest batch was number #4. Damn nice looking skirt if I do say so myself. Your style, be it with pants or skirts continues to impress me considerably as you know how to put an outfit together well. Keep up the great work!

Once again I congratulate you on your outings and your chice of wardrobe and high heels. Many of my outfits I wear with my high heels are inspired by your fashion choice. I thought the last outfit was very nice and looked comfortable and casual. Thank you again for sharing your experiences with us. As I have said before, you inspire me to continue to wear high heels in public and to go toplaces I've never been in high heels.

Happyfeat, All of your outfits look so well coordinated and not just thrown together. I tend to think that your body size and shape really go best with thicker heels, such as the loafers and loafer-style pumps, rather than the stilettos. To each his own, of course, but I really love the thicker heels on you with those outfits. Thanks for sharing your accounts of your outings with us. You're an inspiration! Steve

Happyfeat,

All of your outfits look so well coordinated and not just thrown together. I tend to think that your body size and shape really go best with thicker heels, such as the loafers and loafer-style pumps, rather than the stilettos. To each his own, of course, but I really love the thicker heels on you with those outfits. Thanks for sharing your accounts of your outings with us. You're an inspiration!

Steve

Thanks Steve! I agree that I do better with more of a block heel, but stilettos are just so much fun!

WALL OF TEXT ALERT!

This may be the longest posting I have ever written! Maybe one of the longest in HHPLace history. For that please forgive me. However, I had maybe my best series of adventures ever and I am still reveling in the fun that I had. It has taken me four different settings to finish this post, which is fantastic because I have truly reveled in remembering these events. It is one of the great benefits of HHPlace I think, not only being able to share experiences, but being able to document them and remember them as you do.

Recently, my outings have been pretty run of the mill. I have been able to enjoy them, but most have been shopping related since I have moved. My weekends have been consumed with house restoration projects, deliveries of building material, and all too frequent trips to hardware stores. I really haven’t had much chance to engage in social outings and have yet to find a really great place for interactions even when shopping. Last weekend, I did try to go to a club that I visit a lot, but it was dead. However, like all good things, I have found that heeling is a bit like fishing – most of the time you set with your hook in the water with nothing really going on except just being able to enjoy the water, the woods, and the experience. However, sometimes you get more bites that you can count on. Like all good fishing trips, the ones that you fill up the boat with your limit are the ones you always talk about. This may be a fishing analogy, but my latest outing are no “fish tales!”

Sunday September 20 – A casual day, but since I had worn many nice outfits with jeans over the past few outings, I decided to go out in the very first pair of women’s jeans that I even bought, a pair of Bill Blass bootcut jeans that I bought several years ago off of a clearance rack at TJMaxx. Though the mornings had become cooler, the afternoons had warmed up considerable, which allowed me to opt for a slightly different look. Instead of a jacket or blazer, I wore a brown v-neck Banana Republic sweater as my top. I wore my Rampage “Klassy” brown wing-tip pumps, with patent highlights and a pair of brown ribbed trouser socks to compete the outfit.

My outing was totally impromptu, since I basically dressed for the drive from my old house to my new house, about 40 miles. Also, I have been having so much fun getting out, I just couldn’t pass up an opportunity when presented with one. Usually, I don’t like to go heeling on weekends, because the crowds are bigger, thus more chaotic, and to tell the truth, there are just more kids out and I find children annoying while I am on an outing.

I only made three stops. First, I stopped at a shopping plaza that I used to frequent and went to the Shoe Dept. store. One of the clerks who I had been friendly with, an older woman, saw me and came from the back of the store asking where I had been, what I had been up to and said she had asked the other girls if I had been in. What set me back even more was that she gave me a little hug. I had no idea that I had become such a favorite (or celebrity) in that store. She took me straight back to the heels, showed me several new things that had come in and we chatted about my new house, the store, etc. Alas, there was nothing even remotely interesting in a size 11, but it was a nice visit. Afterward, I went to Panera for lunch. The store was busy, but mainly over 65. I did get some glances from people and an extended chat with one of the women working while I putzed on my computer, but she never mentioned my shoes. Afterward, I went to Macy’s at a smaller mall on the way home. There I browsed the clearance racks and picked up a couple pair of tights (purple and light blue.) The clerk was quite friendly and we chatted about the brand of tights and how much we loved the colors. I pretty easy going outing and a lot of fun for a Sunday afternoon.

Non-heeling experience on Wednesday, but a fun related story – The previous weekend, I had shaved my legs. Typically I only shave in the fall and winter, but since it was cooling down early, I figured that I would just go for it early. I had wanted to get out in a skirt, etc. and besides, the hair was making me a bit crazy. I may keep them shaved from now on. Also, the previous evening I had (finally) got a pedicure – it was my first in 10 weeks and my feet were looking pretty awful.

My previous stylist had gone on maternity leave and I was having a difficult time finding a place where I wanted to go. I found a very nice place near my new house and though I didn’t wear heels to the stylist, I did war a pair of Lane Bryant Capri pants and flip flops with my bare legs. When the stylist asked me if I wanted a buff or clear polish, I told her that I get color, her eyes lighted up and she excitedly took me to the kiosk for me to select the color. Though we hadn’t discussed my love of heels, we did talk a lot about shopping, shoe brands, etc. All of the places we discussed sold women’s clothing and shoes exclusively. I dropped that I found Nine West to fit nicely and Bandolino to be very comfortable, and though I love the service at Aldo, they tend to run a bit small. We had a wonderful talk and I was quite relaxed.

Afterward, I set in the waiting area while my nail polish dried and we talked some more. Her next client came in and begun to soak, and the three of us talked. Form the client there was no indication of a guy with shaved legs, bronze toes, and Capri pants was remotely out of the ordinary. Finally, when the stylist was getting ready to start her next pedicure, she bent down, checked my polish to see if it was drying, and carefully slipped my flip-flops back on. After this fantastic experience, I made an appointment for October, to which she said that “we will do the purple next time.” Next time I may wear heels into the store, though for a pedicure it may not be practical. However, maybe I will schedule a haircut…

Thursday September 24 – After my FANTASTIC experience with my pedicure, and a little about getting hugs from clerks who “miss me,” I decided it was time to go up a level from my recent outings. My outfit for this evening was a wool blazer, pink Polo button-down, Oxford cloth shirt, a blue Denim Lane Bryant straight skirt that came to the knee, and brown patent Bandolino “MacDougal” loafers with a gold buckle and block covered heel. Even though my legs are far from tan at the moment, I decided to go bare legged, just because I wanted to. I went to the outlets, where I had been a regular at Nine West for the last year or so, but they have had a lot of staff turnover and now I only know one clerk and don’t get the level of service I used to. The clerks this night were total strangers and offered me reluctant help and only after being in the store for 15 minutes, most of which was as the only customer. It was a bit disappointing, but people move on and things change, and they didn’t have anything I liked at a reasonable price in a size 11 anyway. That too was disappointing.

Next I went to Lane Bryant, where I was greeted by an enthusiastic clerk asking “Where had I been?” Again, a very enthusiastic welcome. I chatted and browsed for a while, even tried on a few things, modeling them for the clerks. However, I didn’t buy anything. Next I went on to Jones New York where there wasn’t too much happening and then on to Kasper. The clerk there was quite happy to see me again and helped me browse the clearance racks. I tried on an apricot suit, that fit quite nicely even but we both decided it was “too girly.” We caught up and she told me that in a couple of weeks they would be getting in several truckloads, which meant a lot of their current inventory would be moved to clearance and that I should stop by “more often.” Of course I plan on doing that. Finally, I stopped at Starbucks on the way home. I went in, got plenty of looks from the largely female clientele, a few chuckles and some nice smiles. One of the girls, a late adolescent blonde in a thin dress and flip-flops passed me going to the restroom. She smiled, I spoke, but you could tell that she was really working to contain a chuckle. I thought it was silly, but she was at least polite. When I was leaving, she was setting next to a young boyish looking girl, engage in what appeared to be flirtatious behavior. The other girl looked at me and smiled, obviously being cued from her friend. I waved back at her and she gave me a thumbs up. I waved again and winked. It was a silly ending to a fun outing.

Friday September 25 Afternoon – Since I had been having so much fun recently, I just couldn’t resist taking another chance to get out in heels. I really didn’t have much time, like last Sunday I was making the trip between my new place and my old place, so I really didn’t have much planned. Again, I wanted to expose my legs and heels to the world, so I chose a maroon Alfini short sleeve sweater, olive double breasted jacket, denim Lane Bryant gauchos which come right below the knee, and Nine West “Kickline” Mary Jane pumps. Of course, I went bare legged again.

My one task for the day was to drop off a tip for the girl who cut my hair a couple of weeks ago when I was out in my red peep toes. I bought a thank you card to hold the cash, my plan being to stop at the mall and drop it off. Well, when I got to the mall, she was just finishing up and was taking her lunch break and I was asked to wait for her by an older woman with a thick Latin accent. The woman working the desk gave me a very strange look as did some of the other stylists (mainly young women, oozing uptight vibes.) She was very happy, almost shocked that I thought about her tip and gave me a hug. She was cute in a cut-off denim skirt, horizontal striped tights and Chuck Taylors. Again, saying to me that I am not allowed to dress better than her (which is how she greeted me the last time.) She said she was just going for lunch and asked if I had time to join her. Of course I agreed.

We went to a diner outside the mall. The only comment she made about my heels was she asked me if we could walk that far. I said walking is no problem (except for the mid 60’s temperatures and the fairly strong wind.) Though the lunch was completely plutonic (she is married with a daughter) we did have a nice chat and I did get a lot of looks from people. The looks were longer that I was used to and the waitress did ask me where I found my skirt. I told her they were gauchos actually and they were Lane Bryant , which wouldn’t carry her size. My lunch “date” and I talked about shopping (she is very much into thrift stores), the girls she works with (who are all in their early 20’s, uptight, and shallow) and my job as a teacher. She did ask if I ever “dressed” for work, and I told her no – though I had one female student ask if I polished my nails because I keep a high buff on my fingers. After lunch, I walked her back to the shop, we hugged and she thanked me again. I told her that I would be in a few weeks for another trim. Since I had spent more time than I had, I headed on to my destination to get to work packing, cleaning, moving (which will be another few months, honestly)

Friday September 25 Evening – All day, I was quite excited about the lunch “date” that afternoon. Since I was at my old place and still had a large portion of my wardrobe there, I decided to go out that evening. I had gone to the club I used to frequent the previous Saturday night, but the crowd was thin and the conversation limited. The dance floor was even empty that night and I figured that the place was beginning to become passé and was headed toward oblivion as is prone to happen. But since I was pretty excited from earlier in the day, not to mention the other recent outings this week, I decided to give it another chance.

Again, I decided to show my legs. I had bought a short black skirt (which actually had a junior size) a few weeks back. It is really too short for me to wear on a typical retail outing, so I figured that I would give it a try at the club. My primary apprehension was wearing it on a potentially slow night would be uncomfortable, but I decided if it was too dead that I would just come home. Since I had just got my toes done, I knew that I had to wear open toe shoes, so I picked my Naturalizer “Courtney” t-strap peep toe pumps and finished off the outfit with a white French-cuff dress shirt that I left untucked and sans cuff-links. I grabbed my small black Coach bag and headed out.

The place was packed this night. Early in the night, the dance floor was not busy, with the exception of the frequent line dances, which I don’t (typically) participate in. However, there were several people there that evening that I hadn’t seen since July. One woman bought me a beer or two, a chatted with a guy friend of mine and even met a few new people. I always find it interesting that few of the people I converse with regularly when out at the club ever make a comment about my outfit other than telling me I look nice, etc. It’s as if that’s what I do and that’s just me. One of the things I like about meeting people in a club scene are folks give very strange looks and the others who seem to gravitate toward me immediately with very positive tidings. It seems that people in this environment either one extreme or the other, but seldom in the middle.

As I was mingling, a group of women in their early 30’s came into the bar. They were all dressed nicely, but still conservative. However, they did catch my eye. They had come to dance and I knew I would follow them to the floor later. When the dance floor finally became active, I went out to join the slowly gathering crowd. And I danced with each and every woman in that group. I had my eye one on in particular; she was wearing Lane Bryant jeans and a pair of brown mules that looked like boots when covered with the jeans. However, the jeans were too big for her and I had a feeling she had recently lost several pounds.

I danced several dances with one of the woman, an olive skinned brunette wearing Capri pants and casual wedge thong mules. She appeared to be the “leader” of the group, which made it a whole lot easier to meet the others. Also, she didn’t really seem to care where my hands strayed, which I found quite liberating for dancing. After several songs, and not wanting to be “too available” I took a break and went back to the bar where my female friends were setting. For some reason, people always seem to be surprised that I can dance.

Anyway, I was introduced to a couple they knew – a very hot blonde wearing jeans and FANTASTIC black patent stiletto pumps that had to be at least 6 inches and her boyfriend, a sloppy guy who had to weigh 400 pounds. A very strange couple indeed. She was fascinated with my legs – telling me how beautiful they were and it was a good think I was a guy because if I were a woman with such great legs she would hate me immediately. She kept touching them and when I told her it was OK, she took full advantage – feeling my legs from the straps on my shoes to under my skirt. This seemed to have almost a hypnotic effect on her, but she asked me how I got them so smooth and that mine were smoother than most women. Not being in a court, I took that at face value and asked her if she had sampled most woman’s legs, but I let it pass. She loved the fact that I had my “toes done” as well. After a few minutes of this, it began to be a bit uncomfortable, especially since it was right in front of her date, so I thanked her and went back to the dance floor.

Again, I danced with several people but eventually migrated back to the group of women I had danced with before. They were still fun, but not as friendly as they were before. From experience, I know that they were trying to “figure me out” so to speak. However one of my female friends from the bar came up during a selection of disco songs. Since she is slightly older than I am, we both knew how to disco, though she did refresh me and teach me a couple of new (old) moves. However, she did most of the leading, which is fun since I was the one wearing heels. Though it was far from “Saturday Night Fever” we did burn up the floor through about 6 songs. However, during this interlude I did lose the attention of the group of women that I was flirting and dancing with who seemed to have take their own break from dancing.

I scouted around and noticed that they hadn’t left, which made me feel much better. I returned to the dance floor soon after they had left. This time I danced with the brunette from before but made my way to the woman in the mules and the Lane Bryant jeans. We danced for a few minutes then she turned and looked up at me and I obliged her with a long kiss on in the middle of the dance floor. She grinded my leg a little bit to a hip-hop song and then went back to her friends. At this point, I figured that that was it and I was content because I had had my fun. When they called last call, they women left the floor and headed back to their table. I headed to the restroom. When I smiled and waved, they were gathering up their stuff and asked me, “Are you coming?” To which I asked where? They said they were going back to Lisa’s for a bit and I should follow them. Feeling game, I agreed and followed them.

At Lisa’s (the girl in the mule’s and the LB jeans) I found out that they were celebrating Lisa’s divorce becoming final. They all worked together at in a physician’s office and had planned this night for weeks. There were six women total and we sat around and drank some wine and talked. Lisa who was a bit drunk, more so than the rest of her posy, told me that the rest of the women thought I was gay, but she knew I wasn’t because I wasn’t acting like a girl. I told her that by gay you mean happy, I was, but not in any other sense. They all loved my shoes and took turns trying them on while the brunette and I danced some more. It turned out to be a rather silly evening, since it was nearly 4:00 AM at this point, but when I was ready to leave, I wound up being convinced to stay sharing a king sized bed with the brunette on one side and Lisa on the other. However, nothing more than a bit of petting and a few kisses were shared. When the sun came up, I slid out and made the early morning “walk of shame” back home.

I thought that I had some wonderful nights out before, but this one topped all of them. And if you add my lunch with the stylist from earlier in the day I think this day will be the greatest day of heeling I have ever had!

Saturday September 26 – I am never content to let sleeping dogs lie, so to speak. Lisa and her friend seemed to be fired up about coming to the club the next night since I told them that if they liked what I wore last night they will LOVE my outfit the next night. However, I don’t think they were feeling much like another night out. I decided to go all out – at least for me. I wore my black knit dress, the very first dress I ever wore. It is black with a wide collar, long sleeves with buttons running from the neck down one of the sleeves. Since I was wearing a dress, I wore very nice sheer black nylons. For shoes, I took JeffB’s advice and wore my black patent Nine West “Thyme” with a great 4 inch cone, octagon heel. Since the dress has no waist, I wore a brass chain (that I have worn with dresses before) as a belt, though it broke early in the evening. I topped it all off with my black Coach bag. Though the outfit wasn’t nearly as flashy as the one from the night before, it certainly was classic. Come on, if you are going out on a Saturday night, classic is the way to go I think.

I knew that I was going to dance. Hell, tonight I didn’t care if I danced by myself all night, but I was going to dance. I was a bit worried because the crowd was much smaller than the night before and was mostly guys. Other than the staff, I knew only one other person there during the early going, though there were some people I recognized. In any case, the other patrons did not seem to be terribly friendly. Eventually a group of attractive younger women came into the bar. They were all college age and out for a night on the town, all wearing jeans, great tops and heels.

One guy, a bit older than myself and dreadfully dressed in a sweatshirt, shorts and sneakers, came up and introduced himself and started asking me a bunch of questions. Normally, this is about par for the course, but he kept phrasing the questions as “Everybody wants to know…”, “Some of us were talking…”, and the tone of his questions was turning a bit judgmental, “You are really a handsome guy, why do you…” My answers became shorter to the point of terse. I was really annoying me. Since I am a nice guy (nice enough to not take advantage of drunken women for example) I have trouble putting off people until I reach the threshold of anger. Finally he asked me since everybody (again) was trying to figure out if I was gay or straight, and I shot him a look. I had not seen him before and I replied the I have no idea who everybody is, but since I have been coming here dressed in a very similar fashion, it is likely that he is the one who is curious and not “everyone” and that my sexual orientation would have to remain a mystery because in no way would he strike my interest, no matter which team I played for. I don’t know why I got so bitchy, but I had had enough and that seemed to seal the deal.

Afterward, some people came in that I knew and I was warmly greeted and took some time to chat. During this time, I noticed the guy who was questioning me talking to the girl who appeared to be the leader of the group of young women. I had been watching here because she was running around with the digital camera taking pictures of the member of her party. Though she was attractive and wearing great open toe sling backs that I had guessed were Nine West, she occasionally shot me less than approving glances. However, some of her friends were more friendly, though I wouldn’t call them inviting. But at this point, I was pretty sure who everybody was.

Anyway, I didn’t let a few snide glances deter me. When the dance floor began to fill up, I joined in. I enjoyed watching the girl in the Nine West shoes move her party away from where I was dancing, basically thinking that she somehow perceived me as a threat to her alpha status. However, it didn’t work terribly well because one of her friends danced with me on and off – a tall thin young woman with auburn hair, fantastic boot cut jeans that were tight at the knees and cute open toe pumps with a bow on the vamp and a three inch stiletto heel. Though she kept her distance she did make eye contact and smiled widely at various dance moves. It was friendly and fun, but a far cry from the women I met the night before. The behavior of groups of women in social situations will never cease to amaze me. I makes me think of the concept that Kneehighs brings up every now and then of “social proof.” If you win the approval of the alpha, then you gain the approval of everybody. However if you don’t you are ostracized. If I understood the concept better I think it would merit a thread in this section of the forum onto itself.

I am not one to let any of this bother me, of course. When I took a break from dancing a very cute Lesbian couple came in. The blonde was very cute, wearing Capris, three inch thong mules, and a nice long sleeve, low cut white cotton blouse. Her partner, a soft-butch, had nice short hair cut that was designed to appear that she didn’t care, a nice long sleeve top , jeans and sandals. The blonde introduced herself saying that we had talked at the other bar a couple years ago and introduced me to her partner. We had a fantastic chat, talked about their lives, vacations, jobs, etc. We talked about my wardrobe and fashion choices and how nice it is to just be able to be yourself. The blonde equated my dressing in public (I had told her that I wear heels anywhere I like) to her coming out at the age of 25. For a night at a dance club it was a very nice, mature conversation and I began to truly enjoy myself.

However, I was there to dance. I went to the dance floor with my new acquaintances, but the blonde wasn’t much for dancing, and she did only a little at a time. Her partner stayed on the dance floor and the blonde watched as her partner and I “dirty danced” to a couple of hip-hop songs. When the DJ switched to disco, I put my new moves to work and taught them to the blonde’s partner while she sat watched and cheered on. After a few numbers, she took a break and I danced with another girl who had been just setting and watching most of the evening. Finally, I was back to dancing with the couple and ended the night with a flourish to a final disco number.

Afterward, I went to an all-night diner with the couple for a bite and to wind down from the evening. At the diner, I did attract a lot of attention from other patrons, most of it positive, but some of it teetering on hostile. It was OK though because I was feeling great and was with other people who wouldn’t let anything happen to me. We laughed, joked, took turns flirting with the cute, perky waitress. After eating, they “walked me to my car” and we exchanged hugs and phone numbers.

This may be my best weekend of heeling ever. I do not count on events like these happening again, especially over such a compact period of time. However, I absolutely loved it and will keep my mind open to the possibilities of how much fun can be had in heels!

If you read the entire post, I applaud you! I tried to remember as much detail as possible to share and there was a lot. Attached are the pictures from my heel outings (however, my Capri pants/blue flip-flops that I wore to my pedicure was not included.)

post-5655-13352289332_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522893328_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522893333_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522893337_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522893343_thumb.jpg

I read all 9,996 of the words and thoroughly enjoyed each one. I’m hard pressed to select one outfit I like more than the other, the all look great. Thanks for sharing.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Greetings HappyFeat :-)

That was a very long post but worth reading.

(Again I hope you will write a book about your outings someday...)

That friday night was amazing. I am sure you will remember it for a long time :w00t2:

You never know what wearing heels can lead to isnt-it ?

Well done :chuckle: