Heelpopping Problem!

beckysshoes

I've been asked to post this her so i can get a male perspective on things! Hey Guys, I have just taken delivery of a couple of new pairs of heels, both louboutins, one is a pair of flats, one a pair of nude peeptoes, But both have the same problem! They both slip on my heel so i end up heelpopping my way down the street! Is this a problem? Speaking with someone on here it seems men like this? They dangle a little when i sit down, again is this ok? Love to you All, Bex x

Not a problem for me either :wave: As long as you're comfortable wearing your shoes a tad loose, then you're good to go.....:)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

If they make you feel uncomfortable, then you'll probably have to find a shoe repair shop and see what solutions they have to offer. Playing with heels is fine, when you choose to do so. However, while walking in them, it is an eye-sore to me, because I'm well aware of the inconvenience the wearer is going through. Some of my heels have the same problem and so far I've just put up with it, but it really gets annoying. It's important to me that my pumps fit well enough that I can choose when they should come off the heels of my feet and not until then. I've tried to attach some heel grips, but they soon loose their adhesiveness and become dislodged which brings even more frustration. When I use to see others heelpopping, I assumed it was because their footwear was too big. Now that the heelpopping problem has annoyed me directly, I can better understand your concerns. It will be interesting to hear how others have solved this problem. Thanks for posting it.

Hey there beckysshoes as a person who has been wearing heel since i was 14 i think the shoe should fit and not pop off the heel when walking it would annoy the crap out of me. Secondly nice to have a girl posting on the guys site and i think i speak for most in saying we appreciate the female point of view here hope you visit "for the guys" frequently and make sure that you have some input into our posts cheers malinheels:wavey:

Good shoes ought to fit.

Thighbootguy is correct. And if these are louboutins, I'm sure you spent a good deal of money on them. With that kind of investment, wouldn't you want these to fit and be comfortable? If they are bothering you as you walk, they sound like they're not totally comfortable.

• 1 month later...

Hi Bex. It's a bit of a generalisation to say that men like this, I'm sure that some do but everyone's tastes are different. Personally I think shoes look better when they fit properly. If the heel popping is annoying you you can get suede heel grips which should help them to stay put.

• Like 1

I agree with Chris, its too general a statement to say that all men like heelpopping and dangling. There are certainly some that really do like either or both. The heelpopping sound makes me think of flip-flops, which is not appealing to me in the least. As for dangling, nothing really there for me, but I see a following for that online, so everyone is different when it comes to this stuff.

The heelpopping sound makes me think of flip-flops, which is not appealing to me in the least.

I have to concur, flip-flops and that sound are one of my pet peeves, properly fitting shoes are essential. Might have been from that study I read, but improperly sized shoes seem to be a common thing. I guess if you like the sound/feel/whatever go for it to each their own.

• 11 months later...

I'm with Thighbootguy. You should try and buy a smaller size. I feel it pretty uncomfortable when heels pop out. I prefer shoes to be the correct size and stick to my heel when i walk.

I agree with JoAnne, I absolutely love to see flopping high heel pumps (or even flats), that slapping, cupping, twocking noise is amazing. Too see someone walk confidently with heelpopping pumps makes it even better. It certainly turns a few heads too!

I, on the other hand, don't think it's "sexy" in any form.

I agree!

To me it doesn't look good, it looks like the person bought the shoes without much care to their size and just lives with it popping off continually.

I make every effort to ensure my shoes don't heelpop. Grips, insoles, packing the toe box, heck I'd even consider glue before walking outside with my heels popping.

Chris

The heelpopping sound makes me think of flip-flops, which is not appealing to me in the least.

Flip-flops can now be worn anywhere by anyone. When I was young, they couldn't. The only time you saw them was at the beach or a swimming pool. If a boy or girl would wear them to school, the principal would tell them to go home.