High Heels to be Banned in the UK!

euchrid

It's surely only a matter of time before media scare stories like this one guilt-trip shoe manufacturers and stores out of making/promoting/supplying and stocking high heels at all! Perhaps they will be banned as part of some insane Health 'n Safety drive.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1053601/High-heel-horrors-The-hidden-cost-body-crucial-extra-inches.html

Every podiatrist in the land seems to be speaking out about this at the moment for some reason. I saw one on the BBC local news a few days ago.

Is there no proper news or what? :smile:

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Well perhaps if they are banned then I too will be able to share the delicious feelings of excitement and badness that the guys on this site seem to enjoy while out and about in them.

:thumbsup:

Don't know what your missing huh Amanda?:smile:

real men wear heels

What people get bad feet from wearing poorly fitting shoes all the time? Big surprise. No wonder people have problems when they wear either poorly made or ill-fitting shoes. Heeling in moderation with good well made shoes IMO.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

For as long as I have been wearing heels there have been stories like this. Imo its all abit ott, yes somepeople may be more open to the effects of wearing heels than others but who can judge how a person is gona age or what future effects certain unforseen issues could arise. Take from it what you will but I very much doubt there will be a generation of women (and some men) that will be worse off that past generations becasue of the effects of high heels.

Please everyone, its the Daily Mail, guaranteed to make everyone miserable with scare stories and misery. The Daily Mail should be banned instead for stirring up trouble where none exists and panicking people, not just this story, but all of their scaremongering. Do they honestly think stilettos should carry a health warning "falling off these shoes could cause you to break your ankle" ? LOL What a miserable country this would be if the Daily Mail ran it !! Ignore this rubbish, drink, smoke, wear heels, and ENJOY LIFE, WE HAVE ONLY ONE CHANCE!! and buy a different paper.....

Well it's not all bad news.... "But it's not all bad news. Italian research suggests women who wear up to a 2in heel may enjoy a better sex life. That's because holding the foot at a 15-degree angle - as with a 2in heel - increases electrical activity in the pelvic muscles that play a vital role in sexual performance and satisfaction."

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

For as long as I have been wearing heels there have been stories like this. Imo its all abit ott, yes somepeople may be more open to the effects of wearing heels than others but who can judge how a person is gona age or what future effects certain unforseen issues could arise.

Take from it what you will but I very much doubt there will be a generation of women (and some men) that will be worse off that past generations becasue of the effects of high heels.

Been wearing heels all my life, more the last couple years than ever and my feet are in great shape!

real men wear heels

I saw one on the BBC local news a few days ago.

Is there no proper news or what? :smile:

My advice is to stop watching the local news since if it is anything like it is in the US, there is seldom anything worth noting...

Style is built from the ground up!

Not a real reason to ban them tho IMHO, if they hurt peoples feet then surely the wearer can decide not to wear them? I think they should ban these studies that 'prove' that this and that are bad for you and tell people how to live their lives :smile:

I've just read this article, but the Mail seems to have contradicted itself in the last week as it also said that its been proved that high heels DO NOT cause bunions, as they are hereditary and they used VB as an example saying even if she had the best shoes in the world she would have still had bunions. I think a lot of these "experts" just shout out the right PC slogans at the right time. Opinions are like a**holes - we've all got one. Sorry ed. I think it needed to be said by a female because if a male said it it would sexist or some such rubbish.

Flip flops are proven to be hard on the feet. They force people to walk in a way that is unnatural for the human body. I think they're kind of cute but after a while of wearing them they do annoy me.

Sorry to say, but the same logic can be applied to high heels.