LailaLily

Pumps  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Pumps

• Pointy toe
    • Round toe
    • Peep toe
    • square toe

I was a great fan of pointies too... Well, I've not lost the passion for them, but I've recently discovered roundies and how nice are they (but the heel must be very high and thin). M PS: Rosa's shoes looks quite extreme to me. Nice but way long

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

Like many that have posted their distain for the long and extra long pointy toed pumps, I will also add my adamant disfavor for those excessive projectiles. That being said though, I am head over heels for the shorter or moderate length pointed toeboxes on pumps of any height. So when I refer to pointed toes, I mean those of the moderate or shorter length projection. My choices for toe shapes on pumps are as follows: Pointed shaped toes would be numero uno, oval or almond shaped follow in a close second, Rounded is there barely qualifying in the third, any others have been removed, but not totally ruled out, from my list of options because of their repulsive appearance as I have viewed or considered their overall contribution to the total look of possible outfits.

I like pointed toe pumps but prefer them to be fairly short or, not too long if that makes more sense?! I hate pointed toe shoes with really long toes - to me they're horrible. My favs were made by Bally but I've not seen any stilettoes by them for years. Sad lol

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

yaa..I mean...pointy is nice..but toooo pointy looks ugly..I dont like it when its sooo pointy and thin, it has to be reasonable.

Well, how about these?

http://www.zappos.com/images/734/7341260/3832-465950-p.jpg

These pumps are made by Type Z and are called Markita 2 and can be bought at Zappos.com for $89.95. As a life long devotee of the pump, these shoes are very sharp if I do say so myself!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Well, how about these?

http://www.zappos.com/images/734/7341260/3832-465950-p.jpg

These pumps are made by Type Z and are called Markita 2 and can be bought at Zappos.com for $89.95. As a life long devotee of the pump, these shoes are very sharp if I do say so myself!

I like those Jeff. I'm still working the nerve for wearing pumps out.

rx

I like those Jeff. I'm still working the nerve for wearing pumps out.

rx

Yeah, I like 'em too. I'd buy a pair in a New York minute, but Zappos doesn't have my size at present. I'm hoping that will change soon. That's a delicious looking pump I'd love to havee in my collection.

Wearing pumps in public is no different than wearing boots, at least that's what I think. If you're concerned that a pump exudes more in the way of blatant femininity than you're comfortable with, I can understand that, and while it's a legitimate concern, I'm of the opinion that any shoe style with a thin high heel (like in your avatar) can be described as feminine. It all depends on your point of view.

Not to sound like an old hand at this sort of thing, but I've been out in public in pumps many times in the past and barely got so much as double glance most of the time. Sure, it's important to build up your courage to wear something like a pump in public, but once you have, you'll find it to be rather easy.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!