Reactions on a norwegian fashion-forum

Tallboots

Hi and merry christmas to all!

I thought I'd share some reactions that I've experienced at a norwegian fasion-forum concerning wearing a "booted outfit". It all started with asking the female section for advice on what boots to buy, (I clearly stated that I'm male, and that I was looking for somethig out of the ordinary). The options were:

Posted Image,

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

To be continued...

...continued

The reactions varied from those who absolutely did not agree with such heels/boots on a male, (even not the forst pair), to those who loved the second and third pair and encouradged buying those.

One girl asked me to take photoes of the look, so i did so and posted them in the same tread, (still the female section)

Here's one of the pics:

Posted Image

Reactions were, in my opinion, positive from a lot of females. Bur I did a posting in the male section with this picture, (among others):

Posted Image

and the reactions were quite gastly, to put it mildly.

I know the outfit isn't well balanced, and that I could probably done a lot more to make it more matching, but at the same time I think It's kinda funny that none of the males find it wearable but some females do... Just wanted to share with you guys. :-)

Btw, heres a link to the thread: http://www.mote.no/showthread.php?t=6597

Well, the photos are a little dark; but personally I like the bottom outfit best. It looks rather rugged - like a hunting or a riding outfit. So what were the objections?

The objections are everything from:

"Horrible composed outfit" till "You are wearing a whores kinda boots, (and you're a guy)". In other words, imagine the worst comment you could recieve, and it's all there... :rocker:

...continued

The reactions varied from those who absolutely did not agree with such heels/boots on a male, (even not the forst pair), to those who loved the second and third pair and encouradged buying those.

One girl asked me to take photoes of the look, so i did so and posted them in the same tread, (still the female section)

Here's one of the pics:

Posted Image

Reactions were, in my opinion, positive from a lot of females. Bur I did a posting in the male section with this picture, (among others):

Posted Image

and the reactions were quite gastly, to put it mildly.

I know the outfit isn't well balanced, and that I could probably done a lot more to make it more matching, but at the same time I think It's kinda funny that none of the males find it wearable but some females do... Just wanted to share with you guys. :-)

Btw, heres a link to the thread: http://www.mote.no/showthread.php?t=6597

I don't know about every body else but my GF and I have agreed that it's a cool look and we both like it. I really like toe boots. She say's the leather jacket sets it off. NICE LOOK!

Sorry, we are talking about the second look. Don't care for the first to much but all the boots are really cool and I would wear them anywhere.

real men wear heels

"Horrible composed outfit" till "You are wearing a whores kinda boots, (and you're a guy)". In other words, imagine the worst comment you could recieve, and it's all there... :rocker:

Since those comments came from men who are mentally repressed and long brainwashed into the narrow, prehistoric mindset that men don't wear women's shoes, reactions such as the one above are the norm. My advice regarding those objections----IGNORE THEM! Nothing good will come from getting worked up over comments from cavemen who are too wrapped up in their foolish 20th century machismo to appreciate the joys of 21st century fashion freedom. Don't let knuckle-dragging neanderthals like them discourage you from wearing what you want!

P.S.: I thought both pics look good! Thumbs up!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

"Horrible composed outfit" till "You are wearing a whores kinda boots, (and you're a guy)". In other words, imagine the worst comment you could recieve, and it's all there... :irked:

I am reminded of the story of a man who was sitting in his barber's chair when the barber pulled the apron off him and started to brush him off. But when the barber put some scented powder on his brush to brush him up the man said, "Don't put any of that sweet-smelling stuff on me. My wife will think I've been in a whore house." So the barber put his brush aside, collected his fee, and then started cutting his next customer's hair. Upon finishing up he habitually dusted his brush with the scented powder and was about to brush the man up when he happened to think about his previous customer. So he politely asked the man if he wanted to be brushed-up to which the customer replied, "Sure, go ahead! My wife doesn't go in those kinds of houses."

So my first question is: How do they know what kinds of boots whores wear?:biggrin::rocker:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

So my first question is: How do they know what kinds of boots whores wear?:biggrin::rocker:

Unless some of those cavemen associate with disreputable women who wear footwear like that! Anyway, comments from neanderthals like them are a prime example of the sort of flaming ignorance running rampant through this world.

I really like both looks, and all three pair of boots. If your comfortable with your look, go for it.

Jeff - Lighten up on the Neanderthals.:biggrin: If we were all the same think how boring it would be. But, I've been lucky and never encountered a live one.

Guy N Heels - Great story.:rocker:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I've seen several posts by women on these boards lamenting that people call them "sluts" and "whores" for wearing heels. Those insulting women are only expressing the views of the female mafia. A lot of women are insecure about themselves, so they attack men who seem to do what they consider female things better than they do. I'm not talking about actual female imitators, merely someone who is able to pull off heels. As I've said before, I'd like it to become as it was when heels for men were considered a left-field style choice for men, rather than some chapter in the DSM as it is now.

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

"Whore Boots" - WTF?!! They dunno what they're talking about and I'm sure their wives/girlfriends wouldn't appreciate their men calling those kind of boots "whore boots!" Considering their wives/girlfriends would most certainly consider wearing those boots I bet. Those guys really need to visit this forum - then they'll see those heels are very tame compared to some of the stuff I've seen worn on here! I like the outfits by the way, even though they need some fine tuning.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Sorry about your dilemma Tallboots. Some people are just plain ignorant and are put here on earth for no other reason than to make other people miserable. The pics you posted at the beginning of this thread really took me back. The second pair are very similar to a pair I wore in the 70's. They weren't as high on the leg, but the heels were every bit as high plus they were GUY'S boots. Funny how the fashion people didn't promote heels for guys this time like they did before. We even wore platforms then as well, but again they weren't promoted this time by the fashion gods/goddesses. Too bad but we have to wear what we want regardless of what gender it is marketed under. So wear what makes you happy and good luck to you....

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Hi Tallboots,

this is a 3 years old picture from me with jean-gaborit-boots over tight jeans and selfmade heels. Two years later suddenly the girls top fashion. They are remembering me to your avatar!

Posted Image.

Today I'm wearing them often over my MS60 drain pipe jeans. Naturally on the street:queen:

nice greetings

micha

PS I like your outfit!

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Whoa, those reactions where even worse than when I asked in a similar forum. I think you gotta take in account that the girls who write in specific fashionforums are big belivers in the RULES of fashion. Never do something that is not in style and heels for men just isn't. Add: I've been reading further and I'm chocked by the konservative attitute there. If a person dares to post about alternative clothing styles, they're they're threatened with censorship. I don't know how life in Norway is but I can not believe that people normally are so narrow minded as this bunch on mote.no.

Well, the "rules of fashion" are arbitrary and inconsistent so they are destined to get broken. These "fashionista" chicks may not like to see men in heels but we're here to stay so they have only one option -- get used to it!

Have a happy time!

Well, the "rules of fashion" are arbitrary and inconsistent so they are destined to get broken. These "fashionista" chicks may not like to see men in heels but we're here to stay so they have only one option -- get used to it!

Couldn't have said it better myself! These "fashionistas" as you call them seem to believe that high heeled shoes are the purview of women and only women, and they get their collective panties in the worst sort of bunch whenever we men break the invisible gender barrier when it comes to shoes. It's clear these narrowminded shrews can't handle our sense of style and boldness, our desire to step over into their so-called fashion territory. The arrogance fashionistas display in this regard is positively staggering. I agree with you that this particular genie is most definitely out of the bottle, and it ain't going back in! Not ever!

The newspaper here recently had a fashion article on the adaptation of tuxedos for women - the latest thing! So the women can take over anything they want, and no one cares. I really don't understand why the men can't do that, too. The only answer I can think of I don't like - that women are so unequal that they are not to be taken seriously - airheads who can do anything and it doesn't mean anything. Actually, isn't the whole fashion industry sort of in that direction? They don't have anything better to do than get so involved in what to wear, what is in and what is out. I can see this thought train isn't going anywhere, so let's just do whatever we want, and to hell with the rest of them!

The newspaper here recently had a fashion article on the adaptation of tuxedos for women - the latest thing! So the women can take over anything they want, and no one cares. I really don't understand why the men can't do that, too. The only answer I can think of I don't like - that women are so unequal that they are not to be taken seriously - airheads who can do anything and it doesn't mean anything. Actually, isn't the whole fashion industry sort of in that direction? They don't have anything better to do than get so involved in what to wear, what is in and what is out.

I can see this thought train isn't going anywhere, so let's just do whatever we want, and to hell with the rest of them!

:D Amen brother, you really hit the nail on the head that time! :fine::wink: To my mind, there's something intrinsically wrong with this one-way fashion street!

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

:wink:

I still don't understand the mountain people make out of the molehill of a man wearing high heels. If they look good, wear it I say. Looking good takes priority over the sex the clothing was originally designed for--at least by my own standards and possibly the standards of many fashionistas.

Downward Assimilation is Culturally Taboo.

One main reason there is conflict is because socially constructed gender stereotypes drive our patriarchal world. Men are generally in command economically and politically so in a world of two groups, patriarchal and matriarchal, men are the In-Power-Group. So when a man wears something originally designed for a woman, its viewed as downward assimilation--insofar as the man is identifying with the Out-Of-Power Group--women.

When a school girl wants to play football, or play with trucks, or study math, she is viewed as a Tom Boy. But its okay for the Out-Of-Power-Group (matriarchy) to aspire to the level of the In-Power-Group (patriarchy) because upward assimilation in our society is applauded.

Fashion is Trapped in a Citadel of Limitation

Frankly, I think our world of fashion is trapped in a citadel of limitation. Citadels are built to keep the enemy OUT. By keeping masculinity from mixing with femininity, we effectively trap out male fashion trends from growing and expanding.

Not only that, be we trap women and men in some kind of time vacuum, wherein there is no adventure along the gender contiuum.

Until society jumps into the time machine I'll just continue to take the good with the bad and nonchalantly go about enjoying my choice to wear heels.

Tallboots Nice outfits. Nice boots too.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I still don't understand the mountain people make out of the molehill of a man wearing high heels. If they look good, wear it I say. Looking good takes priority over the sex the clothing was originally designed for--at least by my own standards and possibly the standards of many fashionistas.

Downward Assimilation is Culturally Taboo.

One main reason there is conflict is because socially constructed gender stereotypes drive our patriarchal world. Men are generally in command economically and politically so in a world of two groups, patriarchal and matriarchal, men are the In-Power-Group. So when a man wears something originally designed for a woman, its viewed as downward assimilation--insofar as the man is identifying with the Out-Of-Power Group--women.

When a school girl wants to play football, or play with trucks, or study math, she is viewed as a Tom Boy. But its okay for the Out-Of-Power-Group (matriarchy) to aspire to the level of the In-Power-Group (patriarchy) because upward assimilation in our society is applauded.

Fashion is Trapped in a Citadel of Limitation

Frankly, I think our world of fashion is trapped in a citadel of limitation. Citadels are built to keep the enemy OUT. By keeping masculinity from mixing with femininity, we effectively trap out male fashion trends from growing and expanding.

Not only that, be we trap women and men in some kind of time vacuum, wherein there is no adventure along the gender contiuum.

Until society jumps into the time machine I'll just continue to take the good with the bad and nonchalantly go about enjoying my choice to wear heels.

Tallboots Nice outfits. Nice boots too.

Agree totally! This is why every time I go into clothes stores and out in the streets I see the same style of clothes on the average guy as there were five years ago! Mens fashion needs to move forward - and there are examples of this we're seeing in the cities.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Another factor in all that mountain making is conditioning. People have been overtly and covertly conditioned for the better part of a century that men aren't supposed to wear any sort of clothing that's most associated with women, that if men do break the brarrier that separates the genders and wear "women's items", like high heels, they must be either gay, transgendered, perverted or just plain strange.

But you want to know what's really ironic about it all? Women have spent years bitching about high heels, how wearing such shoes denigrates them, reduces them to nothing more than sex objects, not to mention all the physical discomforts that comes from wearing them. From all that carping, you'd think women would laugh at us men and call us suckers for wearing heels, yet, they quickly get their panties in a bunch over our passion.

The fashionistas and the legions of narrowminded neanderthals (both genders) just plain need to get over themselves. In the end, we're just talking about shoes! Nothing to blow a blood vessel over.

So the women can take over anything they want, and no one cares. I really don't understand why the men can't do that, too.

I can't understand that, either, so, naturally, I do so anyway, and like you said, to hell with the fashionistas/fashionazis.

:...Fashion is Trapped in a Citadel of Limitation

Frankly, I think our world of fashion is trapped in a citadel of limitation. Citadels are built to keep the enemy OUT. By keeping masculinity from mixing with femininity, we effectively trap out male fashion trends from growing and expanding...

One very important point that is so often overlooked is the fact that the same gate or door that is intended to keep others out, also locks you in! This is just as true in fashion as it is in physical protection.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

One very important point that is so often overlooked is the fact that the same gate or door that is intended to keep others out, also locks you in! This is just as true in fashion as it is in physical protection.

You said it better than I did! :wink:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.