• 5'5" or 5'6" (165-168 cm)
    • 5'7" or 5'8" (168-173 cm)
    • 5'9 or 5'10" (175 - 178 cm)
    • 5'11" or 6' (180 - 183 cm)
    • 6'1" or 6'2" (185 - 188 cm)
    • 6'3" or 6'4" (188 - 193 cm)
    • 6'5" or 6'6" (195 - 198 cm)
    • More than 6'6" (over 198 cm)

Having noticed that about 95% of everyone fell into the middle two categories, between 5'5" and 6'4", I decided to rework the poll to gain a better idea of the breakdown within this range. So, if you would, please - vote away!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4' 23" bare foot. I feel compelled to repeat the last posters question:

Why do you want/need to know? Me thinks dr1819 is getting bored. Perhaps I could give you some answers ready for your next batch of polls:

Macleans

Knee length

Shoulder length

Plucked

On my thumb

Mostly black

Classical

Not really

Non-believer

All the time

Never

3 to 4 inches

Pantyhose

Once, and never again

I loved it

I prefer to just watch

Probably not

Within my life-time

It doesn't bother me

and last, but not least:

In the dark.

Now all we need are some polls to fit these answers :evil:

ROTFL!

It looks like you found some pretty good answers! I'll work on the polls...

6'3" or 6'4", it's been a while since I've really bothered to measure for certain.

This makes it a bit harder for some people to process my (sadly rare) heel-wearing... I've actually noticed a more flummoxed reaction from women than from men, which is the opposite of what I would have expected.

The reaction from flummoxed people usually goes something like this:

"...but you're ALREADY tall! You don't need heels!"

:evil:

Huh?! I guess that's statistic talk. After delving through a few encyclopedias and some dictionaries, I managed to translate that into: There appears to be an average height of 5'5" and 5'6" probably due to the women voters.

I do prefer plain English.

Actually, the primary modality is 5'11", while the secondary modality is 5'5" to 5'6", indicating it's because the women are voting, too - which is just fine.

However, far more men are voting than women (about 6 to 1).

6'3" or 6'4", it's been a while since I've really bothered to measure for certain.

This makes it a bit harder for some people to process my (sadly rare) heel-wearing... I've actually noticed a more flummoxed reaction from women than from men, which is the opposite of what I would have expected.

The reaction from flummoxed people usually goes something like this:

"...but you're ALREADY tall! You don't need heels!"

:evil:

Heh, I almost feel like I wrote this post.

I usually answer, "I like what I like, and besides, aren't heels more fun to wear anyway?"

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Nobody NEEDS heels. It's more a case of WANTING to wear them.

Some girls are so short that, even with 4" or 5" heels, are still shorter than everyone else.

Well, there's always stilts, but I don't think they'll become a fashion statement anytime soon, at least not outside of the bigtop...

Jeez! I gotta get the dictionary out again! :evil:

Here, lemme help, honeychile...

modality

One entry found for modality.

Main Entry: mo·dal·i·ty

Pronunciation: mO-'da-l&-tE

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural -ties

1 a : the quality or state of being modal b : a modal quality or attribute : FORM

2 : the classification of logical propositions according to their asserting or denying the possibility, impossibility, contingency, or necessity of their content

3 : one of the main avenues of sensation (as vision)

4 : a usually physical therapeutic agency

But I was using it in the statistical sense, namely, that of the most common response. It's similar to the geometric mean, but think of it as a response to the question, "what color shirt do you wear most often?" If "red" is the most common response, then "red" is the modality of the answer to that question.

6'5" - I'm an engineer so I did some measurements and mathmatictics on heel height vs. real height. There are two pivot points for the foot - the ball and the ankle. the pivot point of the ball is about 3/4 inch above the ground and the heel is about 3 inches of the ground. This already - flat footed - minimizes the height you can gain by raising the heel. The distance between the two pivots in my size 14 (Women's US) foot is about 6 inches. That is the fixed hypotenuse of a triangle, the sine is 2.5/6 or .417 which works out to 25 degrees or so. By rotating my foot forward at the ball - Raising the heel the most height gain I can get is 3.5 inches (6-2.5) - thats when the ankle bone is directly above the ball of the foot. That happens with about a shoe heel height of about 7 inches. Very uncomfortable. In my very comfortable 5 inch heels the ankle is still 2 inches behind the ball of the foot. The height gain is given by pythagorean theorom with a right triangle whos Hyponenuse is 6 and one of the sides is 2. Thats about 5-5/8 inches or within less than a half inch of the maximum height gain possible. The numbers will be smaller for smaller feet. And you can add the platform height directly, if there is any. So if I'm 6'5" (and I am) and I wear a 5 inch heels I'm about 6'8-3/4 inches tall because of the 1/4 inch sole+the 3-1/2 inch gain in height from the 5 inch heel! You knew there would be a practical application of trigonometry in your heel wearing future... right?

:academic: If they had explained it like that at school, I think a lot more people would be a lot smarter (Me included) Instead im just stuck wanting cookies all the time and having this terrible blue furry skin.... <==

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Yes... In a size 14 shoe a 5" heel adds only about 3-1/2 inches to my height. Think of it this way... as the heel height goes from a flat to the first inch - the heel behaves like a platform: 1" Heel add 1" height. But as the heel high increased less of the heel makes you taller and instead makes your foot shorter (toe to heel). Going from a 6" heels in my size to a 7 inch heel in my size only add 1/8 inch to my hieght - but makes for a very unstable walk - because my foot - normally about a foot long - is now only 6 inches long. A shorter foot - say a womens size 8. Can't benefit in height any from going from a 5-1/2 heel to 6" - the ankle bone is moving horizontal - from slightly behind the ball of the foot to slightly infront of the ball of the foot. Of course if you move to a Ballet heel or a platform then the ball of your foot is increasing in height and you height raises a similar about. Try it yourself - measure your height with a pencil mark on the door jam bare foot, in a standard 1 inch court shoe heel am then in 2, 3, 4 & 5 inch pumps. You'll see the marks getting closer together as you go up in heel height.