• 6'3" or 6'4" (188 - 193 cm)
    • 6'5" or 6'6" (195 - 198 cm)
    • More than 6'6" (over 198 cm)

• 1 month later...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not excepting the intricacies of trigonometry, I think it might be more interesting to know both height and shoe size. Inasmuch as there is certainly a relationship, we might guage how different we are from the norm. For instance, I'm 6 feet, and take a size 9 (US men's) or 10.5-11 (US women's). I think that's small for my height, but I'm not certain.

Questions for Linsay

Q: What do yolu use when you have run out of tipex?

A: Macleans

Q: How long do you think is John Mcriric nasal hair?

A: Knee length

Q: How tall was Anne Boleyn's coffin?

A: Shoulder length

Q: How do you prepare your christmas turkey? Plucked or shaved?

A:Plucked

Q: Where is my tattoo of Ghandi?

A: On my thumb

Q: What colour are my bedsheets?

A: Mostly black

Q: How would you describe the boxing match between Hagler and Leonard?

A: Classical

Q: Do you like being punched in the face?

A: Not really

Q: Santa Clause?

A: Non-believer

Q: Do you like bathing in Hienz baked beans?

A: All the time

Q: Any other brand of baked beans?

A: Never

Q: What is your prefered length of sausage?

A: 3 to 4 inches

Q: When robbing banks; do you cover your face in jam or pantyhose?

A: Pantyhose

Q: Ever robbed a bank with just jam covering your face?

A: Once, and never again

Q: Have you ever tried the electric chair?

A: I loved it

Q: What do you think would happen in a room full of chimps and machine guns?

A: I prefer to just watch

Q: Do you think George Bush will ever win the Nobel peace prize?

A: Probably not

Q: When will the viewers of "Lost" ever wize up and switch it off?

A: Within my life-time

Q: What do you think about being mauled by a polar bear?

A: It doesn't bother me

and last, but not least:

Q: What is the best way to keep mushrooms

A: In the dark.

Now all we need are some polls to fit these answers :D

Will these questions do for you Lindsay :wink:

Never try to baptise a cat

I'm 6-2 barefoot. Two years ago, a co-worker once joked to me that as tall as I am, the last thing I needed was to be wearing four inch heels (which I was sporting at the time). Heh! To wood&metal: Of all the avatar pics I've seen on this board, Gundam Wing's Heero Yuy made for quite a surprise!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

To wood&metal: Of all the avatar pics I've seen on this board, Gundam Wing's Heero Yuy made for quite a surprise!

The funny part is, up until about 5 minutes ago, I had no idea who the charicter in my avatar was. lol I was just going thru the avatars and thought "cool...that one will do for now".

sorry for being off topic..:wink:

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

The poll results seem to reflect the height distribution of the general population, and seem to indicate that interest in wearing heels is not related to height ie men do not tend to wear heels to appear taller, but because they want to wear heels!

The poll results seem to reflect the height distribution of the general population, and seem to indicate that interest in wearing heels is not related to height ie men do not tend to wear heels to appear taller, but because they want to wear heels!

Yep! That's pretty much the gist of things here. Gaining height has nothing to do with why we love to wear heels. It's all about the enjoyment that comes from wanting to wear them, nothing more.

Yep! That's pretty much the gist of things here. Gaining height has nothing to do with why we love to wear heels. It's all about the enjoyment that comes from wanting to wear them, nothing more.

I tend to agree, as I'm tall enough without heels.

Will these questions do for you Lindsay :wink:

Those are definately some hilarious answers!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got 5' and 7.5" skin to floor. And small feet ,so no trouble at all with sizes - except in Nepal where the biggest women's size is 39 and I need a 41. I certainly enjoy the extra 4" of my boots but I don't think it's a real height desire as I already tower over most Nepalis. The huge USA guys and Dutch women I know is a different matter . . . :wink:

Quick stat on the bell curve - with 130 responses it's now well within the bounds of statistical significance, but I've very surprised that the median, the mean, and the mode are all the same 5'11" to 6' category. What this means is that the curve very accurately represents well-educated male society. You see, well-educated males tend to be taller than their peers. Nothing against the shorter folk! The difference is slight, and might have nothing to do with height at all, but rather, the perception of height over time and how that reinforces how others perceive others. Regardless, that's still a pretty amazing shift from the average male member of society in our age ranges, which is about an 1-1/4" shorter than us.

This is a fascinating discovery that well educated people tend to be taller.

Your discovery has lead me to do some research of my own. Having studied Star Wars frame by frame by using the stop button on my DVD, I can see no trace of Ewok’s wearing stilettos.

I now intend to expand my research to include Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory and yes, even the crap Johnny Depp version. The jury is still out but I don’t expect to find any high heeled Oompa loompa’s.

I will keep us all posted on my findings.

Jon

Not much luck on high heeled Oompa Loompa's, but I did find this rare picture of a high heeled Ewok trying to shove a pole up an Oompa Loompa's nose!!

Posted Image

Never try to baptise a cat

• 3 weeks later...

Just voted.

I'm 5'4"...

I know Filipinos are a bit on the short end, but even that is below average for guys here.

Hey! Don't feel ashamed of your height, Jue. Being tall (I'm 6-2) means having large feet, and large feet means large shoe sizes (I wear a size 13 wide or 14 medium women's shoe) which we can't find just anywhere, and buying off the rack or in stores is all but impossible for us, an endless source of frustration since all the really great looking shoes we'd kill to wear don't come in sizes over 10 or 11. So, in a way, you're very lucky to be the height you are. Treasure it my friend.

:wink: