NOW introducing the Unofficial Hhplace MVP Nominations

kneehighs

WANTED--Your Nominations For An hhplace.org MVP!

#1. How to Nominate Someone

Nominations need two things: a name and a reason. It's easy to nominate someone. And you can't make more than two nominations.

Nomination for Jimmy Shoe. Reason: his stories are always excellent.

#2. Nominations must be made by November 1, 2005 U.S. EST

#3. Nominations will be "seconded" in another thread

For a nominee to be placed in the final voting pool, his/her name must be seconded. That will be a whole separate thread, starting at the beginning of next month. A list of who has been nominated will be gathered and listed next month. So don't bother posting your seconds now.

So who will be the first to post their nominations?

rules

1. All nominations must be made for another person. No self nominations.

2. The members accurate hhplace.org name must be present. No nicknames, no first names, an example of an accurate member name is exitman1 ..."exitman" would be discarded since no such user name exists.

3. Limit TWO nominations per registered hhplace member. Discarded nominations will be made on a Last in First Out basis. Only the first two nominations will be accepted.

4. Only hhplace members may make nominations, no guest nominations are allowed.

5. Nominations must be made by November 1st, 2005. No late nominations will be accepted.

6. Only registered hhplace.org members may be nominated.

7. Nominations must be posted in this MVP thread. A nomination made in any other thread will be considered invalid.

8. To be complete, a nomination MUST have a reason for the nomination as well.

9. If less than 15 members post nominations by the required deadline, the MVP thread will self destruct by default for lack of participation.

p.s. if we want to give the winner a free pair of shoes/gift certificate we need to come together as a team and give a small amount of money to make that happen. 5 U.S. dollars per donor times 20 donors = $100! If anyone has any ideas on how to make this happen, please PM me. Otherwise, we'll just do this for fun. I could give the entire amount myself but in my opinion, that would defeat the purpose.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Okay, I'll start. Nomination for JeffB. Reason: he presents himself with class and poise in his work environment. Nomination for Shafted. Reason: he is ballistically confident!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I wish to place the following 2 names in contention for the MVP award. Thighbootguy Reason: This person wears his thighboots in public on a daily basis. JeffB Reason: This person not only wears his high heels to work at the office daily, but now since he has been able to purchase a car, he is beginning to wear his high heels out in public on a daily basis also. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

First, I'd like to state that just two nominations are not enough!! LOL. I have not been here long, but there are at least SIX people on this forum I owe gratitude for either what they do or what they've written. Thighbootguy - Great stories, heels in public (probably) daily and stretches the limits. JeffB - Always great posts, helpful and encouraging. Heels at work, I WISH IT WAS ME. Doesn't look too damn bad in those boots either ;)

I've had to think long and hard about this and the impact that these two people have had on all of us. Jeff - Without him we wouldn't be here. DawnHH - Always has a warm welcome for newbies and is a major player in keeping the threads rolling along here. He always has something meaningful or funny to say.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Like others have said, two is not enough, but the reasons are basically the same as already stated, so here they are Thighbootguy - Great stories, heels in public (probably) daily and stretches the limits. DawnHH - Always has a warm welcome for newbies and is a major player in keeping the threads rolling along here. He always has something meaningful or funny to say. TLAHHBs

Well, I must say I'm genuinely honored to have been considered. Many thanks for thinking of me! ;) My nominations: Thighbootguy: I think he's a thousand times gutsier than me since he wear thigh high boots in public. His advventures are always a treat to read. DawnHH: The wise, elder statesman of the board, always ready to warmly welcome newbies and give the most glowing of compliments.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Laurieheels--for honesty, entertainment, and making the site worth coming back to early on. Genebujold--for honesty, knowledge, and attempts (both on the board and in everyday life) to further the "cause".

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Hey kneehighs, it just dawned on me that this thread should have been posted in the "For Everbody" section, as this kinda excludes the ladies from the nomination and voting process. As a temporary fix I think another thread should be started in the "For The Gals" section with a time extention in order for things to be fair.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

My 2 nominations are, 1 Thighbootguy, Always out in public in boots and also interesting outfits. If only we had pictures. 2 JeffB, Wearing heels to work and looking good with coordinating clothing.Also, Giving avice to the women at work as to what goes with what. And now out on the town in heels! I look forward to postings daily from both... Jim

My nominations go to: W6ISH - for excellence in the field of men wearing platform heels in public (and also for the development of plat wearing as a family affair). Superb pics and stories. Taliheels - for enthusiastic and engaging contributions, for setting up a highly promising new Yahoo group (for the really risque in the heel-wearing community) and for kindly voting for me! SP.

My nominations DawnHH: Always ready to welcome new members; not shy to give compliments al the time, Great contributions, Jeff - our cornestone, great postings, great heel-wearer Pam

We are trying to nominate one person for the whole voard. Why not take a page from the Oscars and have different categories. Say for example: Best newcomer, most posts, most posts in a month, year, greatest street heeler, highest heels, most difficult heeling (we slippery heel;s probably have that one- smile). Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. I have been asked to put my vote here. I have not done so yet for two reasons, 1, everybody is important here and nobody should be the 'best' and 2, the Moderators have the ability to give a different Avator if they think the member has posted sufficently good topics or replies. sorry for being an old fart. Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

Same here. Sorry for being such a misery guts but it would seem that everybody are nominating their friends instead of being objective about it. This is fine, but I don't want to have to do the same and then upset people for not nominating them.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

My nominations go to: Magickman. He's relatively new here, but he contributes a steady stream of provocative questions. His eloquence often rises to the level of poetic. His stories are fun and adventurous. JeffB. He wears heels to work and to Burger King. He posts pictures. He's got guts and moxie. He's my heel wearing role model. Yes, everyone is important here, but these two are an inspiration. I've learned so much from them. Blue Tango

Bluetango

So many shoes and only two feet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I nominate the following: kneehighs for furthering the cause here and many other places online, particularly enduring the backlash of "Gasp!"-its from the "mainstream" fashion boards. Bubba for simply being himself, true to form, over time, open, honest, consistant, participating keenly, but without blasting others.

Laurieheels--for honesty, entertainment, and making the site worth coming back to early on.

Genebujold--for honesty, knowledge, and attempts (both on the board and in everyday life) to further the "cause".

Hi - and thanks, azraelle. I appreciate your sentiments.

Hi - and thanks, azraelle. I appreciate your sentiments.

Hmm. Is "dr1819" really "Genebujold" with a diffferent user name?

And. Where is "Bubba"? He hasn't posted here for several weeks.

dr1819/Genebujold and Bubba have all been good posters.

• 5 months later...