New boots from Steve Madden

thighhighs

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you able to return the boots that were the wrong size or did you have to keep them and order another pair?

My first try with Steve Madden was for a pair with round toes (more info in another thread). The style is called SOAR.

The seller offered return within a few days, but then I had to pay for the returnshipment Sweden-USA and the new cost for USA-Sweden. I sold them on a Swedish copy of eBay (Tradera.se) and made a small profit instead.

What style and type of jeans do you typically wear out with your boots?

So far, I've worn a slightly bootcut style and a traditional straight (don't know what it's called) style. I have jeans in black and blue.

Normally the jeans have ended just below where the heel meets the boot, ie you can see most of the heel.

I have no pair with a thight fit that would work inside the boots, might try and get some for the winter.

I'm longing a bit for a pair of leatherpants to go with the boots, but we'll see...

For the brown boots above, I'm trying to find a pair of jeans in that colour. It is not that easy, I can tell you...

That is a snazzy pair of boots that you found on the net. Your as bad as me...I'm always looking for boots everywhere.

Yes, I like them a lot. I've always had a thing for the western cowboy style, ever since I was a kid.

This search for new boots have become a poison for me. I find a nice pair, I buy them.

When I've had them in the box for a while and had time to make an opinion abut them, I keep some and sell some. Sometimes a pair can look gorgeous in the picture, but when you receive them it was not really what you expected.

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

Great you were able to sell them and make a small profit. Have you worn these boots out and about, yet? If you have, what reaction did you get?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Have you worn these boots out and about, yet? If you have, what reaction did you get?

Well, I haven't worn them out yet.

I've had them at work for a week though. This time a more discrete outfit with the pants over the boots, but not covering the heels.

People at work have become numb to my footwear and no one really cares anymore, so sad... ;)

I've only had two comments to them:

A guy in the warehouse said they looked really good and about my crocodileboots, he asked if it was real crocodile or not (sorry, no). Not a word about the feminine style of the heel.

Another lady in the office asked if I bought a new pair, again...

She is a bit envious of my collection and has said she wants to have all my boots in her closet.

Still waiting for the last two boots....

Wow, a woman wants your boots in her closet? If you were single and she were attractive, I might have, if I were you, responded by telling it would be easier to get your boots under her bed than in her closet. :drinking: :rofl:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba136... Don't you think that thought crossed my mind also, just briefly, but it will never happen though. If we were both single, the boots might actually end up in her/our closet because she is very attractive. I would allow her to have them in her closet since they are too big for her, that way I could have space in my closet for even moor boots. ;)

Thinking about this again, Thighhighs, I believe I would make a list of my boots, including the brand name, style number, cost that I paid for them and the place I bought them, and give it to her with comments that let her know I was willing to help her locate, go shopping for, and help her "tote" them to her car, for her. I would either open up the subject for further discussion or, at the least, let her know that you did hear her statement and that you were willing to help her.

Bubba136 I'd love to do that, I have an Excel-file with all of my footwear the latest 8 years so that is no problem... ... the problem is more on her boyfriends side, and my girlfriends side. I don't think anyone of them finds that a good idea. I have already tipped her about eBay, and she's been looking there and found a lot. She is just not that willing to buy them without trying them on first, also leaving your CreditCard over internet is no good for her. Later this fall I'll do some browsing in shoeshops in Stockholm to see if I find anything to my liking. It's just so boring with all these large comapnies that are in every mall and sell the same shoes everywhere, if you've seen one shop , you've seen them all. I'll go through the phonebook to find som 'real' stores where they still have people hired, who loves shoes and don't only works behind the counter.

The last purchase has arrived and these are one of the best pair I've had so far.

Have worn them 2 full days now and they feel like they were made for my feets.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not that good pictures but anyway...

Todays outfit; black jeans and light blue shirt.

Thighhighs: A most impressive outfit you sported. The combination of shirt, jeans and boots worked to perfection. I'm sure you could go anywhere in that outfit because it looks great on you! ;)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks JeffB.

I'm honoured, and when these words comes from you, I know you mean them. ;)

DawnHH.

Always a nice comment standing by. Keep it up.

As for shopaholic, I've bought another pair of the boots I'm wearing in the picture, because they are the best I've ever had. In the description, the seller states they would cost 140 EUR in shops. A bit high I think, but never-the-less, they are really nice.

Posted Image

Thanks JeffB.

I'm honoured, and when these words comes from you, I know you mean them. ;)

The pleasure was all mine. I just call 'em like I see 'em, and I definitely liked what I saw from you in that outfit.

Posted Image

I don't mind tell you I'm having a devil of a time tearing my eyes away from those boots! They are just too sharp for words! The western motif, the styling, the heel, everything just works! I'm envious of you for having such gorgeous boots!

:lol:

I'm envious of you for having such gorgeous boots!

I'd love to buy a pair for you too but if I recall correct, you had size 13-14 or something, and the largest size in these are 41 EU.

I don't mean to rub-it-in even more, but I've also bought a pair in white. Don't know when to use them but I got them for 25 EUR and just coldn't resist.

I went for a pair in pink also, just to have the complete serie but I gave it up in the end...

Posted Image

Thighhighs, if you gather the courage to wear them outside pants I think it will be really headturner boots. I think they are very nice looking!

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I don't mean to rub-it-in even more, but I've also bought a pair in white. Don't know when to use them but I got them for 25 EUR and just coldn't resist.

Posted Image

Good Lord! Incredible! As gorgeous as the black pair are, these are even more beautiful! I don't blame you for not being able to resist buying them! My eyes bulged when I first looked at them! WOW!!! All I can say is that I can't wait to see the pics of you in them! As for what to wear, hmm! Perhaps black jeans or black leggings tucked into the boots with say, a white, silver or light gray colored top. Once again, WOW!!!

;)

As for what to wear, hmm! Perhaps black jeans or black leggings tucked into the boots with say, a white, silver or light gray colored top.

I'm thinking in that direction too...

I also thought about a pair of white jeans I have somewhere, I haven't used them for many years so I don't know if they'll fit me (or if they are still white). And on top, a light gray shirt.

I actually have a silver belt, but that might be a bit overdoing it.

Btw, JeffB, I really love your pictures on photobucket of your thigh high boots. I have two pairs much like those you are wearing in the pictures, and they are another goal of mine, but in the future...

Thighhighs, if you gather the courage to wear them outside pants I think it will be really headturner boots. I think they are very nice looking!

I need to find a pair of tighter pants that would stay inside the boots even after sitting down. I don't like to look of pants that overflows from the shaft when you get up from a chair. They need to stay in place.

Leggings, as JeffB suggested above, is not really my style for the boots. It would feel like I'm having underwear with long legs, it might work though for the thigh high boots. Hm...

I love both pairs of those boots, thighhighs. They are absolutely beautiful. Good luck wearing those out.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks Shafted.

I'll post some pictures later on.

Anyone interested in buying a pair for them self (if you have small feets) can find the eBayshop in the link below.

eBayshop Pariser-mode

I haven't received the last two pairs I've bought yet, but their feedback looks really good.

thighhighs -

Great loking boots. Definately wear them outside your pant legs. Like JeffB, I'm sorry they don't come in a 14.

One way to keep a pant leg down is to roll the top of your sock over the cuff of the leg. I often do this with my thigh boots to keep the pant leg from ridding up my leg.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Leggings, as JeffB suggested above, is not really my style for the boots. It would feel like I'm having underwear with long legs, it might work though for the thigh high boots. Hm...

Well, perhaps you might consider Lycra jeans which are a tad thinner in texture than standard denim but not as thin as leggings. I've seen women wearing them and they look really nice. Something to think about....

;)

By the by, thanks for the kind words on my pics of the boots!

->> Thighbootguy

I'll try your tip with the socks, I still need pants with narrow legs though, but it's really worth a try.

->> JeffB

I know which jeans you mean and I shall take a trip to a store later this week to see if I can find any.

What do you think about a pair in gray? They might match the silver in the white boots.

I'm longing for them and hope they'll come soon...... ;)

You've got me started with my long boots again. I just had to pick my thigh high boots, out of my closet this weekend and try them on.

Anyone care to have a look at one of my pairs, you'll find pictures here:

Thighhigh boots

Enjoy

->> JeffB

I know which jeans you mean and I shall take a trip to a store later this week to see if I can find any.

What do you think about a pair in gray? They might match the silver in the white boots.

Gray? Hmm! Yes, I think that can work. It certainly would make for a nice combination. Checked out your thigh boot pictures and they looked really nice, but you need to pair them with some tight jeans which would give you a much sleeker profile. Give it a try and you'll see what I mean!

;)