New boots from Steve Madden

thighhighs

When you wear trousers outside the boots, the look of the toe becomes rather important, I think. When you have a high heel, the total length of the sole (from heeltip to toe) becomes rather short. So in this aspect, the long toes of the Steven boots looks alright compared to the newest pair which makes the trousers end where the toes starts.

When the trousers covers the heel, ie goes all the way to the ground, this gives sort of crippled look. You are 1.9m long, but from the visible length of your shoes, it looks as you have shoesize 35.

Don't get me wrong here, I love the shorter toebox, it's the best style.

I just a vision I had when trying them on...any comments...

Thighhighs, here my comment: I like both styles :lol:

I'm crazy about pointy stiletto boots but I'm searching since monthes for vintage cowgirl boots with a classical rounded toe box and moderate stacked heels in my size. Almost impossible ...

But you are right! I like the look of my boots under long flared hipjeans too. Doesn't matter if I'm wearing long narrow points or short rounded toeboxes. I'm fascinated by the appearance of a guy balancing on tiny feet ... the higher the heels the shorter my feet. May be that something went wrong with the linking of the neuronal synapses in my brain but I don't care for it anymore :wink:

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi micha!

I'm crazy about pointy stiletto boots but I'm searching since monthes for vintage cowgirl boots with a classical rounded toe box and moderate stacked heels in my size. Almost impossible ...

Try 6inchheelsforever/boots. In that boots-section they have something that is called like "CBTHB - Genuine Leather" (use your browser to find/locate that string). It's almost all the way down at the bottom on that page. Could be something you might like.

CU (und viele Grüße aus DD nach Ff/M)!

-Mike

Hi,

I wore the revolver boots at work all day yesterday. They were so nice and no pain at all. The heels are 9 cm so I was a bit tired in the evening, normally I wear 7-8 cm and that extra cm made a difference.

Yesterdays outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Today I'm wearing another pair of boots I bought (last picture below). It is not (at all) the same quality, but I'm not planning to wear them everyday in 5 years, I've got so much to choose from...

We have a chain of shoe stores (is that correct description?) that's called SKOPUNKTEN, they sell 3 pairs for the price of 2, cheapest for free. Earlier they didn't have any styles I liked, but this fall, most of the boots have high thin stilettoe heels and not that long toes.

Last friday I bought these 3 pair of boots below for less than a total of $90:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

These last are the boots I'm wearing today.

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

Wow, what an excellent deal for so many nice pairs of boots.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Know what you mean by having to lift your feet a little higher to avoid tripping on the pointed toe. I've two nice pairs of boots that I don't wear much just because of the pointed toe. I don't like the inconvenirnce and having to alter my normal gait.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thighhighs:-) Those are really nice pairs of boots...all of them. They may not be leather, but I'm sure that you will get your use out of them in the long run. No one has made any remarks about you wearing stiletto heels at work? Any looks? The people have got to know what you have on your feet. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thanks DawnHH. They are really nice, I've worn the last pair above for a week now and they are so comfortable. Today I plan on wearing the top pair, the kitten heels, when shopping. I work at a small company with 15 employees and I've known most of them for over 10 years. I started wearing heels at work only 2 years ago but I did it with a low heeled boot that made the right sound but looked like a cowboy boot (but female style). I increased the heel height to 1.2" - 2" block heels, then moved to thinner heels and now I'm wearing 3.5" stilettoes. So far only one female coworker have said anything, once about a pair of cowboy boots with real fur (she actually bent down to feel if it was real), another time about another stilettoe pair (nothing about the heel but curious of how high the shaft were). I also have daily contact with drivers of our different carriers, but they've said nothing yet.

Thighhighs: Your pictures are absolutely fantastic! You certainly do know hwo to wear boots! Bravo, my friend! As for you latest acquisitions, I like these the most:

Posted Image

But all three pairs were most impressive!

:wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Sounds like you employed the same strategy that JeffB used. Start out with lower heeled womens shoes and gradually increase the height, letting people getting used to seeing you in different shoes until you eventually arrive wearing the style and heel height that you want to.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I like these the most:

Posted Image

But all three pairs were most impressive!

I agree, these are perfect in my opinion. Perfect heel height and style, perfect toearea (not too long, not too short) and a great design. Dispite the low price, they are also very comfortable.

Sounds like you employed the same strategy that JeffB used. Start out with lower heeled womens shoes and gradually increase the height, letting people getting used to seeing you in different shoes

When I started wearing heels, I had almost nothing else than 2-3" stilettoes and that is not a good start for someone who ain't that open and free at that time. So eventually I got hold of some lowheeled boots to start of with and it has worked fine for me....

Today I'm wearing the boots with the kitten heels and have found another problem (not really a problem, but something to think about at least).

I'm having no problems with heels that makes a klick-sound, almost all shoes makes noice in different ways.

What is more disturbing is the sound the sole makes when hitting ground. These boots have a plastic-sole and makes a high-pitched splash when hitting ground. Very annoying (is it spelled so?).

Planning to let them have a new sole of rubber glued on, to decrease the sound a bit. It might ruin the smooth lines in the design though...

They look great with your jeans. I doubt that you had any problem wearing them. Anyone noticing them from the front would think, with the embossed stitching type accent, that they were just plain cowbow boots. Which is good when you are wearing them in public.

most people are really to preoccupied to take concious notice of the back of the foot. Unless the back of the foot is eye catching, which I doubt black or dark heels that low would be.

I think most of the peoples footwear on this site would cause an extra glance when sitting in a Mall. :lol: The heel is a bit too low for me, to be perfect, but I really like the front of the boots. I don't think anyone would notice from a frontview, they are maybe a bit too pointy for a man, but who gives a s--t. :wink: Yesterday, I returned to the shoeshop and changed the boots with zippers above to another pair of the last stilettoe crocodile boots. Now I have two pairs of that one. I also bought a new pair of black jeans. Normally I wear 32" in length. This new pair was 34" in length. It would be impossible to wear them without shoes but my intention is to wear them with these crocodile boots. This pants covers all of the heel when standing up, I think I'd use them as a start to wear them outside (that is outside home and work).

Nice pics there, thighhighs! You made those boots work quite well. And those buccaneer boots are absolutely awesome! I can't wait to see you in them. I'm sure that will make for quite a treat!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!