New boots from Steve Madden

thighhighs

Hi all.

My last try with Steve Madden ended up in the boots being too small, that's the risk you have to take when buying over the Internet.

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=2945&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120

Now I've given them a new chance. This time it is their style called 'Revolver', a highheeled cowboyboot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now I added an half size so I hope they'll fit better.

I'll let you know when I get them.

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice boots. Definitely made to be worn with your pants legs tucked into the tops, aren't they?

Yepp, they sure are, aren't they...

This is THE style for high heeled boots, I think.

I hope they'll fit though.

I also hope they are of such quality that the lining will not break after a few uses due to the scrunched shaft. I've had boots with this nice design before, but the problem were that when you pull them on, you also stress the lining inside, which normally is rather tight to keep the outing in shape. After pulling them on and off a few times, the lining inside broke and the scrunched feeling were lost when you had nothing that held the top of the shaft down. But we'll see...

Very nice boots thighhighs, wouldn't mind a pair myself.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Very nice boots! For what it’s worth, I have found the SM boots that are Spanish made tend to run narrow and small. Kenith Cole is another boot maker whose footware also run small, but by about 1.5 sizes. Aarrrgggg ! I have just bought a pair of Maddens boots and I had to go up one whole size to get a good fit. Even then they were a bit narrow but being suede the have stretched nicely. The quality seems to be acceptable tho and should not disappoint you. Good luck with them. jim :wink:

Thighhighs:-) Matching the slouch and the western theme has produced a pair of boots with a great design and adding the stiletto heel and the pointed toe gives you everything all in one pair of boots. Excellent design and I wouldn't mind having a pair myself. Wear them, take care of them, and use them in good health for a long time. Would some pics of them with your feet in them be forthcoming? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Would some pics of them with your feet in them be forthcoming?

Your wish is my command.

I'll post some pictures of them when I received them.

They are shipped from USA to Sweden so it might take a while, hopefully not too long though concidering the rather high shipping price. I think it's a kind of lottery who long it will take, I've had shipping times of everything between 2 days and 7 weeks, more or less for the same costs. Maybe I've been ripped of by some sellers...

I've also bought these boots below, they have the same theme; black, slouch, stiletto, very nice, ...

Posted Image

They do not have such pointed toes and I kind of like them more, but I think Steve Madden gives a bit more quality, even though I have no idea who made these.

Stay tuned for pictures of both.

Posted Image

Oh, yeah! Those boots are seriously cool! I like 'em a lot! If they came in 13 wide, I'd buy a pair for myself in a heartbeat! They just look fantastic! I hope you'll enjoy them, thighhighs!

:wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thighhighs:-) A very nice pair of boots and very well designed. I can see why you are so anxious to have them delivered. I'm anxiously awaiting the delivery of 2 new pairs of boots that Mickey has on order for me. Isn't waiting the hardest part? Cheers--- Dawn HH

Isn't waiting the hardest part?

Sure is, but it's also a part I like very much. The thought rumbling around in your head; will they fit, when will they arrive, how do they feel, will I like them, and so on...

I must confess that I'm a shopalholic, but not so much for the feeling of having closets or drawer full of stuff, but more the feeling just when you've found a nice thing and you buy it.

These boots (both pairs) is very much to my likings, so if they fit, I'd probably wear them a lot and not put them in the closet.

Last fall I made an Excel-file with all my current shoes/boots in. I tried to put down where I bought them, for how much, and so on. A few weeks ago I passed row 100 and now I'm on row 108.

This file contains both sneakers and boots (sorry only 1 pair of heels), some has been sold, some have neen worn out, and some are still my favourites.

I found that's a nice way to keep track of your purchases, (also a terrible way to find out how much you've paid).

I found that's a nice way to keep track of your purchases, (also a terrible way to find out how much you've paid).

That's a most impressive system you have, thighhighs! But, when it comes to the matetr how much I've spent on my shoes, I prefer the pleasant bliss of ignorance! In other words----I DON'T WANNA KNOW!!!

:rofl:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I agree with you, it's much better to ignore it. The file started because I had some old shoes I wanted to sell and I had no idea of how much I did pay for them (or where I got them). I like ads where you get as much information as possible, so on my sales, I've always included brand, modell, time of my purchase and RRP., amongst other info. Also I know what I'd paid for them and if I gain or loose on the transaction. This way I can give accurate information to any interested buyer and give them a chance to know if their price is ok or not. I haven't sold many lately, but now I need to clean out the closet again, so then this file helped me a lot. eBay and other Internetbased companies don't keep the records so long...

****************************** Steve Madden Boots received today. Perfect fit, lovely material, excellent design. Pictures will be posted as soon as I have time. **************************************

For those of you who still are holding your breath... tough luck. I don't think you'll read this. :wink:

Here are some pictures as promised...

(...if you only have a modem, keep waiting...)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And with the pants on the outside...

Posted Image

I like everything about them except the extremely pointed toes. The toes look out of proportion to the rest of the shoe. My preference would be for a little shorter and wider toe box. But, I think they really look grand. I hope you "wear them out" walking around in public. (Great pics, by the way).

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thighhighs:-) What a great pair of boots. They look much better on you than by themselves. BOY! I sure wouldn't want to get kicked in the shins with that toe box. They could do some considerable damage. Any problems on getting the toes caught on anything while walking? Beautiful design and style. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Thanks all, and thanks to Steve Madden for these beautiful boots.

I like everything about them except the extremely pointed toes. The toes look out of proportion to the rest of the shoe.

On that point I tend to agree with you, they are a bit long. I have other boots with pointy toes, but this is the pair with the longest toes.

I haven't made any serious walking in them yet, but I think you have to get used to lifting the foot a bit higher then normal, just to avoid tripping on every edge on the pavement.

These boots are my favourites anyway, they are of high quality and all leather, even the lining inside. This will make them last longer than other cheaper pairs with nylon/synthetic lining. These have always broken for me when I pull the boots on.

I'm still waiting for the pair below, who have the "classic 80'-toe", ie normal length but pointy. According to pictures these will also look great...

I think I've been ripped of on the freight cost though...

Steven boots were $25 and arrived in 3 days, the other were $45 and haven't arrived yet... (5 days)... but we'll see in todays mail...

Posted Image

love those boots, checked the steve madden website but couldnt find them, wish i could get a pair in my size id gladly wear them out in public!

Hi John,

fascinated by Thighigh's nice pics of his new cowboy stiletto boots I started at once my own internet research. Indeed - you don't find them on the original Steve Madden pages. Obviously they don't know their own products :lol:

But I found them at US ebay. Enter simply as search item "steve madden revolver boots" and you will see a lot of offers. In black, beige, dark red .... but all offers are limited upwards to a female size US 10. Shit!!!

I need at least a size 12. I would have ordered them immediately if I had found them in my size. Hmmh, must be considered as cowgirl boots. Steve Madden simply doesn't know that I'm a male and 6' 3'' tall cowgirl :wink:

The best fashion is your own fashion!

-> Micha You are quit right, when I found these boots, I wanted to know more about them. So, I did a search on Google and got lot of hits. The problem were though that sale of these boots have ended. Most of the links ended at a shoeshop with "We don't sell these anymore" or something like that. I haven't found them either, in sizes over 10 so I guess they are only made for the cowgirls... I didn't find any store that still sold them so I guess the only way to get a pair is from eBay.

Thighhighs,

did you already go for a stroll in those? What about reactions - if any? *CURIOUS*

No, I haven't had time yet. The pictures posted were from a short walk just after picking them up at the postoffice. But I promise you'll read more about it soon.

It's not the right weather in Stockholm right now, we have +23 C and sun, so any boots would make attention. :lol:

And, no JeffB, I would not concider pumps in public yet... :wink:

I just recevied the other pair pictured above. They have a normal toebox and in size 9US, fitted perfectly. More pics will come...

When you wear trousers outside the boots, the look of the toe becomes rather important, I think. When you have a high heel, the total length of the sole (from heeltip to toe) becomes rather short. So in this aspect, the long toes of the Steven boots looks alright compared to the newest pair which makes the trousers end where the toes starts.

When the trousers covers the heel, ie goes all the way to the ground, this gives sort of crippled look. You are 1.9m long, but from the visible length of your shoes, it looks as you have shoesize 35.

Don't get me wrong here, I love the shorter toebox, it's the best style.

I just a vision I had when trying them on...any comments...

... but from the visible length of your shoes, it looks as you have shoesize 35.

Would have been perfectly okay with me. Although I'm 5'10" and 'only' a US women 12 I don't mind having my feet look 6 sizes smaller. Yet on the contrary: Even if a girl had size - speaking in european terms - 37 and wore heels being 5.5 inches tall together with a nice pair of trousers that reaches down to the ground now pretending a size 34 ;o) pushes my button. Meaning, because you can't actually determine the real height of the heels makes you quite phantasize...

CU!

-Mike

Phantasize is alright... and on a girl size 34 is alright.

I'm US woman 8½-9 in heels (normal mens footwear is US 6,5-7), European 39-40.

That is a very small size for being a man and I'm happy with it since I have a lot of women footwear to choose from.

BUT when wearing heels the appearance is a very short foot, like 36-37, and that is too short for a man I think...

So, even if they don't notice the heels, they'll probably notice a man with very small feets, ie no toes are showing from under the trousers.

High heel, short toebox (manipulated pic)

Posted Image

High heel, long toebox

Posted Image

I think the last picture looks better.

(...sorry for the large picture...)

Good pictures, thighhighs!

Regarding the apparent shoe size: As said, I wouldn't mind. At least I've never thought about that so it obviously didn't look odd to me. I've been wearing like 5" platform loafers for the past 5 years on a regular base and although the effective heel height is not that challenging it 'shortens' the feet by some degree. But it doesn't appear to look 'suspicious'. Only one female coworker discovered my heel-weraing once: She left the company with me that day and was a few steps behind. She only noticed by observing my walking-style. She said that I would look like if I was on high heels and told me why she came to that conclusion. I showed her the 'whole truth' and she didn't have a problem with that. She found it quite amusing but not ridiculous and was just astonished that a man would voluntarily use those shoes. In her mind high heels are sort of impractical but she occasionally wears them to do her boy-friend a favor, she said.

CU!

-Mike