Street Heeling Preferences

DDWW

I've been reading with great interest and admiration about many accounts of street heeling, and I get the impression that the vast majority like to street heel in high heeled boots, which (in my view) can be disguised to a certain extent. Is This true or have I got it wrong? How many people like to street heel in more risky styles of shoe, eg stiletto pumps or even high heeled strappy sandals? Also, when you guys street heel, do you go in full cross dress or do you wear normal clothes, only with ladies' high heels on?

There's nothing like a good bit of Toe Cleavage!

Hi, welcome to the Forums. :P I'm not a street-heeler, so I can't answer your question. However your avatar is great. Is that a picture of you? If so, hopefully you will post more photos of yourself. Great feet, great shoes, nice little photo of them. Painter

Take a chance.

Glad you like the pic, Painter! Sadly, no, these aren't my own feet - I wish I could form such a perfect picture! This is my most favourite picture of feet in heels - It is such a perfect one: Pretty toe cleavage, sexy arch, and stunniing stilettos. You can almost smell their beautiful aroma!

There's nothing like a good bit of Toe Cleavage!

DDWW, I too wear high heeled (stiletto) boots with regular men's clothing. As far as concealing them, I don't even attempt it. I wear straight leg jeans which show nearly all of the heel when standing and nearly all of the boot when sitting.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

DDWW:-) I street-heel in women's boot-cut jeans and heeled boots with a chunky, block, or a flat or blade heel, while wearing panties, pantyhose, and a male t-shirt. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

No need to cross dress (unless you want to) As you will have read, It is very rare that heels are noticed or if noticed, commented on. so if you fancy a thrill go for it! BTW the thrill goes and they will soon be another pair of shoes/boots to wear, no big deal. I wear boots and jeans, but dont worry about having to buy ladies jeans, you will find you can wear your own ones, if you want to wear boot cut and hide the heel, you will find mens jeans cut like this now as well. You have not told us where you are (you dont have to) but here in Blighty you could get a pair of jeans slightly longer and boot cut from ASDA for a tenner. I am sure that the rest of the world is no different. If you have not worn heels out yet (and you want to) then let us help you. Soon you will be able to wear shoes or whatever! It is up to you how far you go. and as for your picture........ Glad you like the pic, Painter! Sadly, no, these aren't my own feet - I wish I could form such a perfect picture! This is my most favourite picture of feet in heels - It is such a perfect one: Pretty toe cleavage, sexy arch, and stunniing stilettos. You can almost smell their beautiful aroma! Yep, got to agree! Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

Greetings, DDWW! Hope you enjoy the board! To answer your question, I wear spike heeled pumps in public at the place where I work. To some folks here, I'm looked upon as a bold and daring person for wearing such a style of shoe, but it's what I love doing, and I do so proudly. Just click on the link below to see what I've worn out in the open! :P

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 weeks later...

Chuncky boots up to a 4.25" heel with (normal)pants and a nice shirt. Some times I cover the heel, other times I don't. Unless I war pants during the summer I don't wear them at all which is like what? Like 10 weeks out the year.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I wear usually boots with cowboy styles, block heels, column heels or even thinner heels and stilettos. I don't wear less than 3" or more than 4.5" Less than 3" is not a HH, IMO and more than 4.5" affects my walk too much. I wear with mainly black clothing, suits, waistcoats, hoodies etc. I don't describe as street heeling, it's just what I wear in everyday life, to the pub, work, shopping, social etc

I've been reading with great interest and admiration about many accounts of street heeling, and I get the impression that the vast majority like to street heel in high heeled boots, which (in my view) can be disguised to a certain extent. Is This true or have I got it wrong? How many people like to street heel in more risky styles of shoe, eg stiletto pumps or even high heeled strappy sandals?

Also, when you guys street heel, do you go in full cross dress or do you wear normal clothes, only with ladies' high heels on?

Hi DDWW,

myself I'm simply a boots lover. At the beginning of my high heels carreer I was wearing mostly platform boots with block heels. Meanwhile I have become more courageous. My favourite style on the street are pointy stiletto boots (3.5'' to 4.5''). Usually with long flared hip jeans and top or muscle shirts. In my opinion thats a pretty male outfit and no real crossdressing. The hipjeans guaranteed because of the fashionable look and not for hiding my heels. Another funny variant are tight stretch jeans over stiletto boots. Anyhow everybody knows that I like wearing high heels :wink:

Otherwise I have been spotted occasionally on the street with high strappy sandalettes and thighhighboots over jeans :lol:

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Boots for me too but I would like to wear strappy sandals but in Hackney?!!! Chunky heeled boots is enough for most of my neighbours!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I've been reading with great interest and admiration about many accounts of street heeling, and I get the impression that the vast majority like to street heel in high heeled boots, which (in my view) can be disguised to a certain extent. Is This true or have I got it wrong? How many people like to street heel in more risky styles of shoe, eg stiletto pumps or even high heeled strappy sandals?

Also, when you guys street heel, do you go in full cross dress or do you wear normal clothes, only with ladies' high heels on?

Varies from full cross dress to jeans. shirt and heels. I prefer pumps, but the majority of my shoes are boots.

the truth shall make you fret

I use to do it late at night/early moarning. (like around 3:00 a.m. or something.) I wore anyshoe I want. I say if your going to do it then go all the way, put of those 6.5" plats and take a stroll. I did a little bit of street heeling this moarning (my first time in a while.) I wore my 5" mules.

It's all good. ~Arron.

I am a shoe man, I don't wear boots. I will happily wear flat shoes in daylight in public anywhere. Heels I am more nervous about. Much as I would like to, I only wear heels in dark empty places. One of the problems is that I once caught a heel in a gap in the pavement and walked out of the shoe. That I found very embarrassing

I like to heel in whatever feels comfortable - stilletto, block, wedge somewhere in the middle. I still get nervous but as time passes I'm sure I'll begin to not get worried about whether someone will see me or people will start to laugh anymore. I'd like to be able to go out in my flat (ballerina) pumps occasionally too. I've only heeled in my block boots around my home town a couple of times - I wouldn't be brave enough to do any other shoe (you know - friends/family spotting me 'n all). As the weather is likely to be wet and cool this weekend (where I'm going), I think I'm going to heel in my 2" block boots - nice not too obvious girls boots that are good to get me used to heels.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Hi Y'all :wink:

I was in town with friends yesterday where we took in an exhibition at a local gallery, afterwards there was shopping and a meal at a waterfront restaurant.

Here's a pic one of the girls took while we were out and about...

I'm wearing a soft uncut cord jacket, boot cut jeans and a pair of chocolate suede pointy boots sporting 4" stiletto heels...

Others may see it differently, but I thought the outfit pulled together and worked rather well.

Posted Image

And heres a close up of the boots in question..

Posted Image

jim

Killer boots Jim! Those are nice. Wouldn't mind owning a pair of them myself.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Great outfit. You managed to "pull it off" with that look. I really don't, however, like footwear with toes that pointed. But, they suite the outfit.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Asdf174:-) Yeah for you! You finally went out and did some street-heeling. I hope you had a good time doing it and will consider doing it again very soon and get a street-heeling rhythm going for you. Jim:-) I think that you pulled a great out-fit together and it looks very good in your pic. You wear it very well. The boots with the very pointed toe-box really helped to pull it all together. Congrats! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Yo, Jim! Killer pic! As the site's unofficial fashion expert (at least in my mind anyway!), I have to say your outfit worked to perfection! The boots look absolutely sensational! You must tell us more about them! I'd certainly love to learn more! Overall, a terrific presentation! Bravo! :wink:

Thanks for the positive feed back guys !! It's always nice to receive genuine compliments and any constructive critisim is always helpful when refining ones personal style. :wink:

Well Jeff, the stiletto boots I'm wearing are a sleek little number and as you can see, made of a chocolate brown suede that matched my jacket perfectly. They have a tall shaft and a 4" bronzed heel with a 3mm plastic tip that is wearing down fast. Thankfully I have a set of metal replacements that will be going on asap.

These boots have a severe point and I had to buy them in a US 11 to assure a good fit, as a consequence my new heels are amazingly comfortable to wear and walk easily.

They were made in Spain for Steve Madden and the good quality the Spaniards are renown for is very evident in the leather and over-all construction of this rather sexy little boot. As an extra item of interest, they have a rear zipper which is a first for me and are lined in a super soft light brown leather.

Here’s another view of my ensemble and a painting that prompted a good deal of thought and speculation from each of us..

Posted Image

jim

Jim....I gotta hand it to ya. You sure know how to pull off an awesome look! I like the "natural" look, and you co-ordinated it very nicely. This further goes to show that yes, guys can pull off outfit combinations using heels just as well as the gals can! Hats off to ya! SQ

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Jim Definitely an awesom outfit combination!! You say one of the girls took the shot. What do the girls think about your wearing heels and coming off looking so good on them?? Jim

Thanks for the info on those boots, Jim. I'm going to have to see about getting myself a pair.

Many thanks for the info, Jim. I must say you coordinated your outfit to perfect, and those boots are downright terrific! Bravo on all counts, my friend! :wink: