hazards in heels

StilettoLuv

This may have been discussed before I joined but I would love comments from JKrenzer and other wearers dedicated to wearing stiletto heels. More often than not these issues do not really apply to thicker heels and wedges.

But the obvious ones that I encounter are grates in sidewalks; widely spaced planks on board walks; the times when you cannot avoid walking on a lawn, soft earth or heel damaging gravel; and last but far from least, an extended walk on a downhill slope.

It doesn't ruin the joy of wearing high heels.... it's just a pain.

Elevator door gaps, polished concrete floors when wet, carpets with thick padding, stairs - missing the step with your heel, wet leaves on a walk way, esclators,....

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, StilettoLuv said:

This may have been discussed before I joined but I would love comments from JKrenzer and other wearers dedicated to wearing stiletto heels. More often than not these issues do not really apply to thicker heels and wedges.

But the obvious ones that I encounter are grates in sidewalks; widely spaced planks on board walks; the times when you cannot avoid walking on a lawn, soft earth or heel damaging gravel; and last but far from least, an extended walk on a downhill slope.

It doesn't ruin the joy of wearing high heels.... it's just a pain.

I wiped out on a grate inside local grocery about a month ago carring a case of beer. Never saw it. Went down hard on my left hip and ended up with a deep bone bruise. No damage to my heels and saved the case of beer. Bruise lasted two weeks turned many colors. 

Message, bring you cart in to the beer cooler, watch wear you step but seriously keep wearing the stilettos. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

I wiped out on a grate inside local grocery about a month ago carring a case of beer. Never saw it. Went down hard on my left hip and ended up with a deep bone bruise. No damage to my heels and saved the case of beer. Bruise lasted two weeks turned many colors. 

Message, bring you cart in to the beer cooler, watch wear you step but seriously keep wearing the stilettos. 

At least you save the beer, and the heels

The tar-filled control joints on a concrete city street. Or where they have patched cracks. Wearing bifocals and trying to see what you're about to step on while trying to hold your head up high so as to appear confident and have good posture.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 5:16 PM, Jkrenzer said:

Was it a French drain inside the cooler then? Or just a regular round drain?

The former, right at the entrance 

The grate culprit. I didn't actually step into it directly but as I was walking my heel tip just caught an inside edge of one if the openings. The sudden stop combined with the natural movement as my body mass didn't immediately stop caused my other foot to swing forward and it connected with my stuck foot already out of position. Suddenly my entire body mass is forward of both feet and down I went. All this in a split second. 

20230812_080633_resized.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 1:04 PM, Jkrenzer said:

The former, right at the entrance 

The grate culprit. I didn't actually step into it directly but as I was walking my heel tip just caught an inside edge of one if the openings. The sudden stop combined with the natural movement as my body mass didn't immediately stop caused my other foot to swing forward and it connected with my stuck foot already out of position. Suddenly my entire body mass is forward of both feet and down I went. All this in a split second.

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

It seems like an exceptionally bad place to put that, heels or no heels. I shall have to check and see where they have placed the drain in my local favored beer cooler and take careful note of it.

They probably don't expect people in heels to come walking in into a place called 'The Beer Den'.

• 1 month later...