This is only a Test

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

I'm just checking to see how photos actually look in the real world. Stay tuned!

Unfortunately the forum software is compressing a picture you post a lot, for example pictures i posted with around 250 KB show with only 75 KB in a thread. A lot of detail is lost.

Only pictures posted in the gallery will be visible with their maximum resolution of up to 256 KB.

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

9 hours ago, Isolathor said:

Unfortunately the forum software is compressing a picture you post a lot, for example pictures i posted with around 250 KB show with only 75 KB in a thread. A lot of detail is lost.

Only pictures posted in the gallery will be visible with their maximum resolution of up to 256 KB.

Good to know. 

Maybe posting into the gallery and then linking it into a thread will yield better results? 🤔

No, that doesn´t work, i´ve just tried it. If you want to see a picture with all details you need to download it from the gallery to your device and look it up there.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Isolathor said:

Maybe posting into the gallery and then linking it into a thread will yield better results? 🤔

No, that doesn´t work, i´ve just tried it. If you want to see a picture with all details you need to download it from the gallery to your device and look it up there.

For my purposes, I don’t need minute detail, but in the past I’ve uploaded screenshots that actually came out blurry, so I just wanted to make sure my new way of doing things actually came out ok. I think it will be sufficient. I might try further reducing the file size just to see what it looks like. 

9 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I might try further reducing the file size just to see what it looks like. 

What You can try is cropping and/or resizing pictures with patterns of a multiple of 8 x 8 to get sharper results. That means both the long and short sides of a picture shoud be a multiple of 8. The way of how jpgs are calculated get better results because they are compressing fields of 8 x 8 pixels.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:26 AM, spikesmike said:

mlroseplant :  OK, for the test only . I am betting this cup cake is not from Iowa . mike

This "cupcake" is for scientific study only! Stay tuned.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 1:16 AM, Isolathor said:

@ mlroseplant If you want to do a study on walking styles you can do it with multiple pictures in 1 like that:

hhca029.thumb.jpg.c8fad9da23ad381155a6dc757041fd25.jpg

You guessed it, that's exactly what I am doing, only I'm now in the process of reducing my walking theory to a writing. A video would be much more effective, but first I have to make sure I can actually do that which I have observed. I obviously haven't gotten around to it yet.

7 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

You guessed it, that's exactly what I am doing, .... a video would be much more effective

Perhaps a video in slow motion, that would be the best possibility. 🤓

On 5/26/2021 at 3:19 AM, mlroseplant said:

You guessed it, that's exactly what I am doing, only I'm now in the process of reducing my walking theory to a writing. A video would be much more effective, but first I have to make sure I can actually do that which I have observed. I obviously haven't gotten around to it yet.

I watched a couple of reels on Instagram with her walking in those boots. It’s quite impressive how nimble she is, but at the same time, I probably have an extra 80 pounds on her and could not accomplish that feat while looking graceful. 🤣

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

I watched a couple of reels on Instagram with her walking in those boots. It’s quite impressive how nimble she is, but at the same time, I probably have an extra 80 pounds on her and could not accomplish that feat while looking graceful. 🤣

Careful, them TikTok girls’ll getcha. 

• 2 years later...

Evidently, I have been studying this for two years, and I think I finally understand how this walking gracefully business is supposed to work. Being able to actually do it myself is another matter altogether!