Motorcycles And Heels?

Bcup

No, I have never ridden a bike with heels, but one time over in Los Angeles, California USA (1987), I have seen a businesswoman ride a scooter-bike while wearing high heel pumps.  It was funny and hot, both at the same time.  :happy:

:headphones:   :cowboy:     Come and visit our Youtube Channel now!    :cowboy:    :headphones:

I still remember seeing this old lady riding one of those very large cruising motorcycles in Daytona about 25 yrs ago. She had on very hi red pumps. She was driving it.....

• 4 weeks later...

Girls in Vietnam do it all the time, every day. Automatic scooters are becoming more common, but the semi-automatic 4 speeds are the norm, where you have to shift with your left foot and operate the rear brake with your right.

In my day the rear brake was on the left, and gear change on the right, I remember having a go on my friends dkw not good trying to change gear with the brake pedal.

life is not a rehearsal

I think guys look great riding in heels. Needless to say, safety is key. But, once the right pair is discovered, there is nothing that feels and looks much better.

Smokin hot pics on your bike Rockpup!

I don't have a bike, but sure love driving my 5 speed in boots.

• 4 months later...

Here is an example of the countless high heeled motorbike riding women in Hanoi. Not a great picture, but I do value my life over a higher quality photo.

Nice!  I like that!  :happy:

:headphones:   :cowboy:     Come and visit our Youtube Channel now!    :cowboy:    :headphones:

• 1 month later...

Just reading this has reminded me that my only transport is a semi auto Honda C70 (AKA Passport in the USA).

I think the problem will be starting it as there is no electric start.

Next year i am doing another charity challenge where i will be wearing a pair of 3 inch stilettos for 132 days.  this means i will be riding my bike with them on so i will let you know how i get on.  my biggest worry will be getting my foot stuck between the footrest and the rear brake.

The current trend of full auto scooters present no problems at all even if you were wearing a pair of 8 inch heels as you put your feet on a running board.  both front and rear brakes are hand operated and most models have electric start

• 2 weeks later...

I have just tried it for the first time. My bike has been parked for a couple of years, so until now, I never had the thought (nor owned the shoes) to try riding it in heels.

With my 3 1/2" wedge boots that are my "work" high heels, the difference is pretty much unnoticeable to me, except that it's way easier to reach the ground for this shorty. When I tried something with a 4 1/2" heel, not stiletto but on the thin side, that made things considerably more awkward. I doubt I'll ever do that again. I didn't feel unsafe necessarily, but it's not too practical, and I can only imagine the jeers at stoplights. 

Just reading this has reminded me that my only transport is a semi auto Honda C70 (AKA Passport in the USA).

I think the problem will be starting it as there is no electric start.

Next year i am doing another charity challenge where i will be wearing a pair of 3 inch stilettos for 132 days.  this means i will be riding my bike with them on so i will let you know how i get on.  my biggest worry will be getting my foot stuck between the footrest and the rear brake.

The current trend of full auto scooters present no problems at all even if you were wearing a pair of 8 inch heels as you put your feet on a running board.  both front and rear brakes are hand operated and most models have electric start

Don't worry, Kevin. I think you'll be fine. There are plenty of girls still riding semi-automatics in stilettos in Vietnam. If they can do it, you can do it. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Went for a ride of about 12 miles wearing my 5" heeled Pleaser MJs.

It was actually pretty easy, just had to remember to point my left toe and brake to stop.

I ride an 05 Kawasaki C10 (Concours)

• Like 1

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

I spent part of today looking at mlroseplant's visual file of that female scooter rider wearing high heeled shuuz over in Hanoi.  If it's a frequent occurrence as some people say it is, then I need to go over to (Southeast) Asia one day and check it out for myself!  Also, many female bikers over in the part of the World - like in India, for example - often have men riding behind them as passengers now.  I would definitely love to check that out.  As a guy myself, I would just love to be a scooter passenger riding behind mlroseplant's Image Girl while she is wearing the same apparel and shuuz.  By the way, there is YAHOO! Group called femaleridersandtheirmalepassengers that caters to that type of thing ...

12 hours ago, Web_Jock said:

I spent part of today looking at mlroseplant's visual file of that female scooter rider wearing high heeled shuuz over in Hanoi.  If it's a frequent occurrence as some people say it is, then I need to go over to (Southeast) Asia one day and check it out for myself!  Also, many female bikers over in the part of the World - like in India, for example - often have men riding behind them as passengers now.  I would definitely love to check that out.  As a guy myself, I would just love to be a scooter passenger riding behind mlroseplant's Image Girl while she is wearing the same apparel and shuuz.  By the way, there is YAHOO! Group called femaleridersandtheirmalepassengers that caters to that type of thing ...

I have been to Vietnam.  The bikes there are different than USA.  They are not scooters and they are not mopeds.  They are moto-bikes that fall some where between a scooter and a moped.  Moto-bikes and bicycles are their main source of transportation, so you will see lots of women in high heels on moto-bikes.  If a man and women rode together on a moto-bike in Vietnam, the man would be the driver.  You would rarely see a woman driving the moto-bike with a guy as a passanger.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2015‎ ‎4‎:‎43‎:‎06‎, Rockpup said:

Wedges are best, but other heels can work. Stay under 4" and practice somewhere safe first.

post-289-0-26792700-1424468569_thumb.jpg

post-289-0-63659100-1424468580_thumb.jpg

Now that is one powerful look!  Great legs and jeans too, have always wanted a bike!

On 11/2/2015, 12:08:06, dww said:

Hi welcome back, loved the photo you posted with your dogs.

Wow!!!!!!

Been so long, I don't remember what I posted.

THANK YOU

It is true, what you post on the net stays on the net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thrill

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

I ride my scooter to work in sydney with heels on most of the time. Usually just a 6-7 cm block heel boots but recently I have worn my 10cm block heel booties

easy to ride in and no looks that i noticed

Regards

James

bss - 'I have been to Vietnam.  The bikes there are different than USA.  They are not scooters and they are not mopeds.  They are moto-bikes that fall some where between a scooter and a moped.  Moto-bikes and bicycles are their main source of transportation, so you will see lots of women in high heels on moto-bikes.  If a man and women rode together on a moto-bike in Vietnam, the man would be the driver.  You would rarely see a woman driving the moto-bike with a guy as a passanger.'

Thank you very much, bss, for telling me what kind of rides they have over in Southeast Asia; I honestly did not know that there were actually moto-bikes.  Do you happen to be a Vietnam Veteran?  If you are, then have a Happy Veteran's Day; many salutes to you and thank you for your service!  :ready2rock::drillsergeant::clap::)  As far as a man and a woman riding together on a (moto-)bike, I already know that it's rare to see a man riding behind a woman as a passenger; it's just that, for some odd reason, I happen to be fascinated by those types of rare sightings ( I know - ? :confused: ), that's all.  However, I will definitely take your word for it, bss; thank you very much for this information! 

5.5 Thrill I only remember the photo as I liked your boots you were wearing in the photo, you were sitting on a wooden bench with two dogs, as I remember I assume if you search this site you would find it somewhere.

life is not a rehearsal

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have just joined and I saw this post. I have to say I wear platforms and heels almost exclusively when on my motorcycle. Being only 5'6" makes it hard to find large motorcycles that are low enough for me and 1.5 to 2 inch platforms with 4 to 6 inch heels are great to make up the difference. The larger platform do make shifting harder but careful attention and pre -positioning make it quite safe.

The platform makes all the difference for stability while stopped.