Suit Up! Heels Down!

ChipsHH

I thought back to the year I went to Prom, back in 2010, May. I had to rent a suit, sure, but now I imagined what it would have been like to go to Prom in some high heels. The two below came to mind when I pictured myself, head-to-toe, dressed for the occasion. I now wonder if heels can easily fit into dressy attire such as a suit. Actually, I just wonder if a suit could handle heels easily. Has anyone ever attended an event suited up, the only eye-snatcher being the heels? If so, what kind of heels are appropriate for what occasion? The only reason I can think of for not wearing the heels with suit would be from pulling the attention off of the bride and groom.

post-1674-0-23760600-1368041258_thumb.jp

post-1674-0-16471100-1368041266_thumb.jp

post-1674-0-80279700-1368041271_thumb.jp

Formally "HHDude"

Funny you should mention Prom / Tux / and Heels in one place. Local High school just had Prom. Just before the festivities, they have what they refer to as a 'Grand March'. It's an event where the couples get introduced and walk down an elevated catwalk. Let's the family take pictures and see all the kids in their outfits. Kinda neat event for the families. My wife made the comment; "No wonder our daughter doesn't go out on any dates. These guys all look like dunces, idiots and - - and - - and - - -" Now I'll admit our daughter has no real fashion sense in most cases, Doesn't really try to look like a lady, but then again, some of these couples were rather unusual too. Matching converse sneakers, sneakers and flats on some, and the few girls who had any heels had a real hard time in them. You knew they were coming off ten minutes after dinner. Most of the guys had butch hair cuts, one was bald, and most didn't look good in a tux - may have been just crappy fits, but still - - ! One had the audacity to wear a color coordinate John Deer baseball cap that looked like it belonged to his great grandfather - - - Oh my g#@ was it funny looking. A look of confidence - - - Nowhere to be seen. No wonder Walmart and Farm King do so well around these parts while JCPenney looks like it's about ready to close it's doors. Sorry to get off topic, but I kinda had to vent a bit.

Never went to my prom, but have pondered the reunions in heels. Most people I went to school with can fuck themselves though, so will not bother for the 20th coming up.

(formerly known as "JimC")

HHdude, It's a novel idea but, honestly, men's suits are just as boring as the rest of their formal attire save for the tie or the shirt. It seems that it's quite cool to wear any color tie you want or shirt but not BOTH. That's not the rule from some nonexistent fashion guru just what I have persoanally seen. Which is what brings us back to why this forum was founded. Guys' choices in clothing, AND ESPECIALLY SHOES, are dreadfully boring and utilitarian as opposed to womens'.

I wear men's suits all the time with heels. I wore heels with a tux to my last orchestra concert. I have 2 pairs of heels specially bought for this purpose, and both of them are black lace-up oxfords (to go with the otherwise men's style clothing). One of them has a 3.5" thicker heel, and the other has a 4.5" stiletto heel. I'll admit that I have yet to wear the stilettos out yet, but I intend to, just as soon as I think I can walk in them properly. I'll try to post some pictures later, but here is a link to the lower heeled shoes from Nine West:

http://www.6pm.com/nine-west-noregrets-black-leather

My wife made the comment;

"No wonder our daughter doesn't go out on any dates. These guys all look like dunces, idiots and - - and - - and - - -"

I think it's the same the world over. You should see the couples in Vietnam. The girls almost always dress sharp and wear heels-- many of them in the 10-13 cm range--and the boys generally look like crap. Ill-fitting pants with a baggy button-down white shirt and some beat-up sandals is a fairly common "dressed-up" uniform for the boys.

I used to wear block, wedge or blade heels ranging from 2 - 4 inches with a pair of black trousers, shirt and tie in my previous job (pensions administration). I have also worn similar heels with a full suit.

Never went to my prom, but have pondered the reunions in heels. Most people I went to school with can fuck themselves though, so will not bother for the 20th coming up.

I sortof have the same sentiment. I didnt fit in where I went to school. The kids wore their Ocean Pacific and trendy clothes, I wore a leather jacket and had long hair. Headbanger -vs- Jocks/Preppy kids. The only time I really talked to anyone was when they were buying the weed I was selling.

I didn't go to one prom but it was a friend of mines. She didnt have a date so I went as her ' partner ' for the night. She was in the closet at an all girls Catholic School and figured if her coming out would have caused a stir, I was quite a step above that ;) .

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Tomorrow, my school "prom" happens. In Belgium, probably in most of Europe, the prom isn't really about the "couples and dates" and that stuff... If's just a party in dress and suit. I'm obviously not going to wear heels there! I think I'm a bit like Rockpup and Ilikekicks. I have few "real" friends at school, and won't see most of the people ever again after the end of this scholar year. I don't care about what they think about me, they don't like me anyways, but I want do avoid troubles and bullying for the 2 months coming. I will however keep my eyes open for the heeled girls! I enjoy taking a good look, and our prom hosts a LOT of heeled ladies. Too bad it's kind of dark inside, so I won't be able to take nice pictures...

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

im thinking of applying for jobs in the local mall wearing jeans and joe fluevog heels, that way they can see that i like heels and that me wearing them wont be a big deal during work.

That would be a good idea if you had many choices to choose from, but if you're applying for your dream job, a one-time opportunity, I wouldn't risk doing in it heels and possibly miss the job. People might not really care about what strangers wear, but if they'd be able to choose from a heeling man and a 'normal' man to work for them, most closed-mind people would opt for the second person.

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

im thinking of applying for jobs in the local mall wearing jeans and joe fluevog heels, that way they can see that i like heels and that me wearing them wont be a big deal during work.

that would be John Fluevog. And ya, he has some cool heels. I got 15 + pairs. I have the prince george heels which are mens ans I have 14 other heels that are girls. But all in all, most of their shoes are considered unisex!

I thought back to the year I went to Prom, back in 2010, May. I had to rent a suit, sure, but now I imagined what it would have been like to go to Prom in some high heels. The two below came to mind when I pictured myself, head-to-toe, dressed for the occasion. I now wonder if heels can easily fit into dressy attire such as a suit. Actually, I just wonder if a suit could handle heels easily.

Since it has been mostly women who have had the pleasure of modeling suits and heels for most of the last century, we have good examples of how well heels fit with suits. Just find a bunch of women pictured in suits and you will soon find the most appropriate look possible. I do question the open toe look with suits, but that is just me. The hems of the pants are usually placed at the same heights as the men's, unless they are into the skinny jeans fad which places the hems up around the ankle's position. The skinny jeans look is probably the best ensemble to put with heels, because the heels become more of the attraction. For most formal occasions though, a more subdued look would be more accepted in this social atmosphere. May the male stilettos rise again and good luck in actually satisfying your wonders over the suited heels!

Tomorrow, my school "prom" happens.

In Belgium, probably in most of Europe, the prom isn't really about the "couples and dates" and that stuff... If's just a party in dress and suit.

I'm obviously not going to wear heels there! I think I'm a bit like Rockpup and Ilikekicks. I have few "real" friends at school, and won't see most of the people ever again after the end of this scholar year. I don't care about what they think about me, they don't like me anyways, but I want do avoid troubles and bullying for the 2 months coming.

I will however keep my eyes open for the heeled girls! I enjoy taking a good look, and our prom hosts a LOT of heeled ladies. Too bad it's kind of dark inside, so I won't be able to take nice pictures...

I guess the "no bullying" epidemic has yet to hit Belgium! :P

I suppose it would be best to stay within the 'norm'. Honestly though, I would do it just because, mainly for the reason of never seeing those kids again for 10-20 years depending on the reunion (and notice I called them 'kids' and not 'teens'). In regards to your "friends", if they Are your friends, I'd expect them to have your back if things went awry with you being confronted for your footwear. That is, if they know about your thing for heels.

Formally "HHDude"

If you are cool enough with your style, could you still be bullied? Could you end up being a role-model for others and eventually have others copy your style. That could be a dream come true for any freestyler. I think a freestyler is a fancy word for a fashion designer wanna-be. Ashley If you want some insight on how to wear a suit with heels, check out how the ladies do it! They got it down to a t. What I try to do is: wear a suit with long flare slacks, long enough that they are scraping the ground. It seems that skinny heels look good with longer pants, and chunky heels look good with the heels more exposed. Maybe I'm way off base. I like chunky heels with wider flares and skinny heels with skinny flares. I'm not that crazy for ties, so I just wear a button down shirt under the jacket. The pinstripe is always my favorite. It has that gangster type look to it. I like the 3 button jackets, but this year they are all 2 button.