The Freestyling World Of Pumpcat

Curt

Thanks jim for posting these for me. I wish my camera was better. I love the stockings and pumps look so much. Ill be posting more looks like this in the future for sure! Thanks shafted for the nice compliment.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great pics there, Pumpcat! The blue striped dress was particularly attractive. Nicely done! As for your photography method, have you considered doing what I do, using a point and shoot camera with a ten second delay on a tripod? I've been doing that for years and have masted my technique of getting in place and taking my pose before the shutter releases. It's kinda fun too!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks jeffb! You are right, I need a decent camera. I felt I was looking good, so I took a few pics. I was out for the evening with my hair clipped in and make-up on, so when I got home, I put on the hose and heels, but will go out in a dress very soon. There iis a dress I want to buy from rudsak that is formfitted with long sleeves, a turtleneck, leather sleeves and leather trim at the bottom, and is a little longer than a miini-dress. I want to wear it with lace hose and high-heel boots. That's my thing, I've always felt very special wearing boots they have free make-up applications at shoppers drug mart(in canada). They have an amazing cosmetics section and all they request is that you buy one of their products. I can always use some blush or lipstick. I would love to go the cat-eye look that amy winehouse had(rest her soul). Ill post some pics asap. Thanks for others showing me I can wear more feminine things, and look good in them.

Duh--- a dress?   I had to go back and look at the pictures again.  I read it as a long top (similar to plain ones I wear with shorts or leggings) especially when worn with jeans as in your first picture.  I honestly didn’t give it a second thought when I saw the pictures with hose and heels; it looked very (for lack of better words) normal/natural.  Very nicely done!

I also like your regular glasses frame (not so much the sun glasses).  I suggest you pay attention to the frames some of the female news commentators are wearing (talking heads that are at least nice to look at).  They tend to be squared with soft corners of a dark material.

The trumpet heels seem a bit much for normal wear.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thanks tbg! I'm supossed to wear glasses all the time, maybe I'll just wear more eye-makeup with them. Btw, the trumpet heels with the big buckles are fluevog munsters. The same ones Madonna wore in truth or dare. So I still have I biit of rock-chick look, but I'm trying to dress more classy.

Well, I wear glasses when out and about (but not in my pics because of glare off the lenses) because I'm old and nearsighted (or maybe farsighted). I kinda think they add an aura of sophistication when wearing a skirt and heels. Nothing wrong with looking classy, I try to do that all the time.

pumpcat,   Well, you ARE dressing the way you want and pulling it off which means you are enjoying your clothes! THe fact that you have no facial hair, have a smaller build, and live in urban Canada also help you enormously to find your style and express as much. You are limited only by your imagination and budget. I am curious who the woman is that wears very high heels and miniskirts but notices you. Is she much older or closer in age? Maybe she recognizes she wear edgy clothes as you do and appreciates it. Just keep doing what you're doing and keep on posting. You have made a difference here on hhplace but may not realize it. HappyinHeels

Happynheels, thanks for the compliment. That was probably the nicest thing anyone said to me. She is probably 50 plus. She is probably no taller than 5 foot, so no wonder she wears heels. I see her at church every sunday. I usually wear skinny flare jeans, 5" heels, womens coats, heavy black eye makeup and hair extensions. It might sound extreme, but women fought have fought hard to be able to wear whatever they want to. I'm was not bodn female, but you are right, I'm lucky to not have facial hair, and have a body like a skinny model. Some day I will transition from m to f. I know I'm not supossed to talk about that on this site, but I love who I have become. I'm glad that others like my presentation.

I like the leather outfit, but not the  ' munsters '. If you were trying to be a ' rock chic ' and ditched the munsters in exchange for a pair of thigh boots with some studs or decoration, you would be ( as they used to say ) ' banging '. ;)

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Everybody seems to hate the munsters. I know they're really chunky. I don't have any thigh boots, but I have a bunch of kneehigh boots. Thanks for the suggestion ilk. Iill try the thighboots sometime.

Everybody seems to hate the munsters. I know they're really chunky. I don't have any thigh boots, but I have a bunch of kneehigh boots. Thanks for the suggestion ilk. Iill try the thighboots sometime.

About 5 or 6 years ago, I was dating a babe whom was into Raves and anime and stuff. She used to wear ' chunky ' shoes with her costumes/outfits and they looked really neat.

I think the problem with most of Fruvlog ( or however its spelled ) is all of their footware is ' odd '. Its designed for weird outfits and not everyday type of wear/outfits.

They do stand out.. and overtake everything.. Like Dorothy's red shoes in the Wizard of Oz. 

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Thanks for putting that on the table that their shoes are quite odd. I never totally realised it. But I have had some trouble deciding what goes with certain outfits. I know you don't like platforms. Or jackstands like you say. I've tried heels without plats many times, and they just don't do it for me. There is no wow factor. I love the platforms, maybe because they look a little sultry, but not the crazy louboutin really high plats, they are just too chunky. But a 1.5" plat is okay for me. And I'm most comfortable in 4.5" heels, they are everyday wear for me. I respect everybodys opinions on outfits,I'm always trying to re-invent myself. My next 40 years in life will be different than my first 40 years, and its exciting.

Pumpcat: Admittedly, the Fluevogs (did I spell it right?) aren't exactly my cup of tea either. But, the important thing is to wear what you like if that's what makes you comfortable.

I'll try the thighboots sometime.

If you think makeup is addictive... thigh boots are even more so.  Get a pair and you will see what I mean. The Ellie or Pleaser 8899 is my favorite and I recommend them to your attention.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 3 weeks later...

well, I havn't posted in a while. here are some new pics of me. only one has heels. but heels aren't all that im about. im always trying to up my style. I finally got an awesome camera, so my new pictures are going to be really clear for now on. ive been using the crappy blackberry camera for so long, that with the new camera, I can actually see the vibrant color of my hair. so exciting to see what I really look like in pictures. this is how I go out and present myself for now on. its so great to finally be myself. sorry that more pics don't have heels in them, but I hope you like my current look.

Ashley.

post-18564-0-78104000-1382813812_thumb.j

post-18564-0-70539800-1382813874_thumb.j

post-18564-0-68757400-1382813905_thumb.j

post-18564-0-10946800-1382813937_thumb.j

post-18564-0-46860400-1382813955_thumb.j

Well done, pumpcat! Well done! You look smashing! There's no need to apologize if your pictures don't feature heels, since, like me, you've embraced the concept of freestyle fashion, then you know it's all about the ENTIRE outfit, not just what you wear on your feet. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I can't wait to see sort of great pictures you'll now present to everyone here.

Thanks for the kind words, Jeff. I'm flattered that you and other appreciate what I'm bringing to this site. I look forward to logging on every day to see what others are up to. Its so nice to be true to who I am. I can't go back to how society wants me to look like. Life is so short, we deserve to be happy.

Thanks sleekheels! Sorry my room is a little messy. I have a spare room that I converted to a huge walk-in closet. Thanks everybody for your kind comments. I'll have to take a few pics of my collection of boots, pumps and clothes.

I'm going to be ending this thread pretty soon. I'm not exactly freestyling anymore, if you know what I mean. I would like to thank everybody for their nice comments and great advice. I'm going to post some awesome pics this weekend. If you guys want me to keep this thread going, I will, but I just feel its not a high heel type of thread anymore. Ashley.

I think we all completely understand. I hope this doesn't mean you're leaving us though.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Ash,

It's been a good thread, but we understand your reason for terminating it. As long as you still have an interest in heels, though, stick around and post when you have something to say or show us. We'd hate to see you leave this forum. You've generated a lot of interesting posts since you've been here, and you and I never would have met in person last summer if you had left.

Steve

No I'm not leaving. But I want to make a new thread to showcase my styles and to share ideas with others. Too much of the transition of my life is here, I can't leave now. I'll miss you guys too much. I know I changed my name again, but life is about making the right choices, and ashley is a little dull for me. Please don't hate me over it. I have to be true to myself and to others. Ps- steve, it was a lot of fun hanging out when you guys came out this way, I would love to do it again sometime. Erika.

here are some of those pics I promised you guys. im very proud of what I have done, im always trying to put fashion in the forefront. I hope you like them. I might keep this thread going. as long as I focus on fashion.

Erika.

post-18564-0-72235300-1383438252_thumb.j

post-18564-0-10100700-1383438292_thumb.j

post-18564-0-89417100-1383438329_thumb.j

post-18564-0-93581300-1383438397_thumb.j

post-18564-0-93681300-1383438436_thumb.j